• Published 27th Apr 2013
  • 3,127 Views, 142 Comments

Master of Dimensions, Pleaser of Crowds. - Dimentio



Dimentio drags a surprised closet-brony into Equestria. Along the way, he learns of the magic of friendshi-Nope! Instead Dimentio begins a new quest to destroy everything and create his own perfect dimensions that he may rule.

  • ...
8
 142
 3,127

Chapter four: Apples (revised)

Chapter four: Apples


John looked to Twilight and Rainbow for help, all he got in return were confused stares.

"What's wrong with him?" Rainbow asked.

"Do you two not see him!?" John asked as his eyes began to grow wild as he gestured wildly at Dimentio. He had hoped that Rainbow would introduce Dimentio's face to that book from before.

"John, calm down. There's nobody there." Twilight said calmly.

It was now that John realized that Dimentio was laughing his ass off a few feet away. John's look of fear quickly turned into a look of annoyance.

"You truly are easy to mess with!" Dimentio said through fits of laughter.

"I don't care, just stop doing that." John grunted.

"I think I'll just continue doing this, thank you very much!" Dimentio sassed back.

"Should I go get the book?" Rainbow asked Twilight.

"No!" John and Twilight said at the same time.

"Fine." Rainbow huffed.

The group continued towards Sweet Apple Acres, once they reached the sign Twilight stopped Rainbow and John.

"Alright, so we don't know how Applejack is going to react when she sees you, we should probably be cautious and let me do the talking." Twilight said eliciting a nod from John.

Once they entered the gate John was greeted by an apple in the face. John immediately took cover. Then another hit him...and another. By the fifth one John was starting to get annoyed (and slightly concussed).

"Applejack! Stop!" Rainbow (surprisingly enough) stepped in.

"Why does everyone have to hit me a few times before at least letting me talk?" John complained from behind the tree he was using to hide.

"It's because you attacked half of Ponyville!" Rainbow yelled back, in response she heard some muffled grumbling.

"I already said it wasn't me!" John argued back as he glared at Dimentio "I'm starting to think you have something to do with this...The whole ponies attacking me when they first see me thing." John thought looking at Dimentio with suspicion.

"What? Me? I would never do such a thing. Though that blue one brings up a good point." Dimentio said, his creepy smile never left his mask-like face. This confirmed John's suspicions almost immediately.

"That brings me to another question, are you really outside of my mind or are you just playing tricks on me?"

"I wonder how this party that odd pink one is throwing shall go. You know, even I didn't see her appear in the room during your argument with that purple one." Dimentio began offhandedly.

"You really like using descriptions in place of others names don't you?"

"What? It's much better than some of the names I hear in this place. 'Twilight Sparkle', 'Rainbow Dash', 'Pinkie Pie' bleh." Dimentio said as if the niceness was revolting to him.

"I can't really disagree there. Well, back to my question. Are you actually out of my head?"

"Hmmm...I think I'll take a page from what I learned in your mind and say...'I plead the Fifth!'" Dimentio said in a comical tone.

"That only works in America." John deadpanned

"So? I still don't think you're in a position to boss me around." Dimentio stated 'as a matter of factly'

"It's a simple question."

"And this is a simple, yet unrelated answer: Ciao." Dimentio said with a slight wave and disappeared.

"Damnit, Dimentio!" John shouted. He looked around and noticed all of the ponies he had met so far (excluding Pinkie) staring at him as if he were mad.

"Are you-" Twilight began

"Of course I'm okay! I just have an evil dimension-bending clown messing with me is all!" John snapped angrily. Twilight and the others shrunk back from the usually laid-back human.

"Calm down partner, ah'm sorry about the apples. You just... " Applejack said in an attempt to calm him down.

John looked at the ponies to see that most of them were either scared or concerned or a mix of the two. A pang of regret shot through him as he realized what he had done. He was also incredibly confused; yes he did mean what he said, but he didn't know what had suddenly made him snap like that.

"I'm sorry...it's just-I can't even have any privacy anymore, Dimentio saw to that. Aside from that I'm in a world that everyone already believes me to be some sort of monster." John said with his head down

"Look...we don't know what you're going through but I promise that we're going to help." Twilight said with an attempted reassuring smile.

"Ah think Princess Celestia should know about this, maybe she can help." Applejack suggested. Twilight's pupil's shrank as she realized she hadn't written to Celestia after John proved himself to be friendly.

"I-I-just remembered that the last thing I sent her was about you attacking the town...I should get right on that!" Twilight exclaimed as she disappeared in a flash of purple light.

"Well, while she's doing that, we may as well keep going and meet Rarity and Fluttershy. You'll meet Pinkie at your party." Rainbow said with as she set off towards the Carousel Boutique.

"I'll go too, I've got to see Rarity about a few new woven apple baskets to send to Appleloosa."

"Well, I'm going because...uh....maybe Rarity needs help with something!" Spike said as he quickly followed after Applejack and Rainbow.

John just stood there for a moment, this was the longest he had gone without Dimentio butting in at all. He believed that this should probably be alarming...Oh well, Princess Celestia would probably be able to help with the whole problem.

"C'mon John!" Rainbow shouted when she looked back. John quickly caught up and kept pace with the others.


Revised with help from: A Renegade Time Lord

Author's Note:

Does this chapter seem a bit rushed to you? If so,it was probably because I was actually planning to meet Applejack, Rarity, and Fluttershy in just this chapter but I kind of ran out of time. This Chapter is probably going to be edited quite a bit. Well, y'all know the drill by now; I still need prereaders and suggestions.