• Published 14th Apr 2013
  • 5,078 Views, 100 Comments

ButterflyCakes - FlameingToast



When Pinkie and Fluttershy both get sick, they bond with each other. And soon new feelings emerge

  • ...
8
 100
 5,078

The Calm Before The Storm

Pinkie Pie sat at the kitchen table and thought of the ways that she could tell Fluttershy about her crush. I don't want to scare her off or anything.

So how should I do it? Pinkie Pie sighed. I guess I just have to tell her, and soon. Pinkie began to cough badly and looked around for the medicine, she opened the bottle and looked at it with dismay.

There were only two pills left. Pinkie Pie facehoofed. Rarity was just here! I should have noticed that we were low on pills! With only two left, only one pony could take them and have the full effect.

Pinkie looked out of the window and saw the sun setting. It's too late to hope anypony will stop by, and I can't go into town! Pinkie herd a small cough from upstairs. Bringing the bottle with her Pinkie murmured aloud "It's only for one night...how bad could it be?"

***

Fluttershy had stayed in her room all day trying to think of how to handle her problem. One one hoof, Pinkie was one of her best friends. But on the other hoof Pinkie actually liked her.

Fluttershy mulled over her predicament for awhile, coming to no conclusion. Why do I have to be so shy?! I'm so confused and even if I decide I like her too, there's no way I could tell her! I need some fresh air.

Fluttershy walked over to the window and opened it glad to feel a nice cool breeze. Fluttershy gave a small smile. It's not like I have to do anything about it yet. I should just wait and she what Pinkie is going to do, if she does do something about her crush. Besides, she's only here for a few more days.

Fluttershy began to cough, and the slight refreshing wind became chilling. Closing the window Fluttershy shivered and headed for the door. As she was about to open the door she was stopped by a knock and Pinkie's voice.

"Fluttershy? Are you okay?" Pinkie said while knocking.

Fluttershy took a deep breath and replied "I've felt better..." Fluttershy grinned feeling considerably happier than before "Come in...that is, if you want to..."

Pinkie Pie trotted into the room with a big smile on her face as well. Just seeing Fluttershy made Pinkie feel warm and a little giddy. That's new.

Pinkie shook out the remaining pills, shielding the inside of the now empty bottle from Fluttershy's view

"I thought you might need some of these!" Pinkie said.

Fluttershy gave a look of surprise "How did you know?"

Pinkie Pie beamed "I heard you coughing, and I knew you needed something to help you feel better! I would hate for you to have to feel all icky!"

Fluttershy looked at the ground and blushed. She really wants to take care if me.

Pinkie Pie was blushing as well. Was that a little too much? Seeing Fluttershy try to hide her face behind her mane and look at the floor was so cute though...worth it.

Fluttershy muttered "Thank you." Then she swallowed the last of the pills.

Pinkie Pie suppressed a cough, and looked at a clock beside the mirror. It was almost time for them to get some sleep, and that sounded perfect to Pinkie. For some reason she had become a little bit tired.

Pinkie Pie knew she should ask Fluttershy, but she didn't want to make her feel bad. Deciding it was for the best Pinkie asked "Are you going to be able to sleep okay tonight?"

Fluttershy nodded "I'm sorry...its just that I don't like storms."

Pinkie grinned "Well that's good." Why can't storms come around more often!? "So you won't be sleeping with me?"

Fluttershy's eye's shot open "You want to sleep with me!?" She said with a small squeak.

Pinkie shrugged, not noticing the way Fluttershy was acting. "Well, if you're gonna be scared again then I should sleep up here with you. Or should I sleep on the couch?"

She didn't mean it like that! What is wrong with you! Fluttershy calmed down and was about to say she would prefer Pinkie Pie sleep on the couch. I mean, if you just found out you're friend has a crush on you, would you sleep with them?

But before she could say that, she remembered how comfortable she had been with Pinkie last night. Maybe...it couldn't hurt. Fluttershy sighed aloud. Why can't I just decide on something!

Pinkie frowned and tapped Fluttershy on the forehead "Earth to Fluttershy, I sort of need an answer."

Fluttershy blinked snapped out of her thoughts (What's Earth?). "Ummm...I would like it if you stayed in here. If that's okay with you of course..." half hoping she'd say no Fluttershy managed a small smile.

Pinkie hopped over to Fluttershy "Of course its okay with me!" She then gave Fluttershy a bone-crushing bear hug.

Fluttershy gasped out "You're...hurting...me." Pinkie let go of her and gave her a timid smile.

"Heh Heh, sorry..." Pinkie said.

***

Pinkie Pie was so close to getting away with it. Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie were enjoying some brownies when Pinkie had a coughing fit.

Fluttershy looked at her with worry "Pinkie Pie, did you take any medicine?"

Pinkie Pie glanced around the room, not meeting the pegasus's eyes "Y-yeah, I took them before I brought you some." Pinkie finally looked at Fluttershy and saw that she wasn't buying it.

Fluttershy stared at Pinkie, and then at the bottle. After a few moments Fluttershy went over to the sink and picked up the medicine bottle. After looking inside it she stared back at Pinkie.

"You gave me the last of it...didn't you?" Fluttershy asked in an accusatory tone. It was a very sweet thing to do, but I'd rather be feeling sick than Pinkie Pie!

"I'm sorry Fluttershy! But I knew you wouldn't take the medicine if you knew I wasn't going to have any. Besides" Pinkie grinned "it's only for one night, I think that I'll be okay." Pinkie tried to stifle a cough, but Fluttershy noticed.

Fluttershy still wasn't convinced, but there was nothing to be done now. Pinkie Pie finished her brownie and patted Fluttershy on the head "Don't worry Flutters, what's done is done. Now." Pinkie suddenly gained a serious face. "I need to ask you something."

Fluttershy visibly paled. Is she going to tell me! How do I respond to that! Gulping, Fluttershy stammered out a yes.

"I have...to have more of these brownies! Is there any left?" Pinkie beamed.

Fluttershy's left eye twitched a couple of times. I have the worst headache.

"Yeah, there are a few in the cabinet..." Fluttershy sighed and started to head for her bedroom "I'm going to sleep."

Pinkie gasped "It's that late already! I'll be right there!" Pinkie picked up the last three chocolate brownies and swallowed them in one go.

***

Derpy was busily fixing tomorrows schedule. There were supposed to only be a few scattered cumulus clouds. But it was getting late, and Derpy's eyes began to droop. Derpy tried to focus both eyes on the paper, to no avail. After a few more minutes of writing the weather schedule she shivered a little.

Boy it sure is cold outside. Derpy absentmindedly picked up a stamp in her mouth and stamped the paper, before leaving the office.

"Rainbow Dash is gonna be proud of me!" Derpy said to herself "Maybe she'll let me make more schedules!"

A few hours later, before Celestia had even raised the sun, one of the weather captains looked through the schedule. Scratching his head Current murmured "That's strange..."

Giving a shrug Current copied the form. "I guess Ponyville is gonna get snow early this year." Delivering the copies to the other weather captains he decided not to question it.

Author's Note:

This took way longer to write than it should have, but I think my writers block is almost gone. So I hope you like the chapter.