• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 1,376 Views, 31 Comments

The Expected, Unexpected Twist - PuckDaFolice



[HIE] A teen by the name of Lance finds himself living his normal and boring life, when all of a sudden, he finds himself in the 'exciting' land of Equestria. Full off sentient Griffins, Dragons, and--oh--Ponies.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,376

[06] Meeting the Mane 6 - Part 1

Meeting the Mane 6 - Part 1

Lance groaned, where was he? Oh right, he went to a town in hopes of being given medical attention...then he saw that unicorn, and well, he blacked out. Lance fidgeted a bit, strange, he couldn't see anything. Lance's ultra-vision should have granted him the ability to see in the dark...but, well, it's dark, and he couldn't see anything. Lance stopped for a moment, he tried to wiggle his appendages but they felt stiff.

"Ah think it's awake now, Twi!" a voice spoke out in a southern drawl.

'H'uh?' Lance craned his head to where he thought the voice came from. "H-hello?" Lance croaked, voice still broken with thirst. As soon as Lance spoke those words, he suddenly felt something in the air. Fear and uncertainty.

"What the--it jus' talked Twilight!" the voice cried. Lance cringed at the name.

"I told you girls that it could talk! Just like Queen Chrysalis." a new voice replied. 'Chrysalis? Why does that name sound so...familiar?...' Lance thought.

"I think we should just beat the ponyfeathers out of him...or her...or it!" another voice cried out, impatience evident in the tone.

"Ponyfeathers?" Lance breathed. "What kind of word is *cough* p-ponyfeathers?" Lance asked.

This time, a regal sounding voice intervened "I highly doubt a changeling would know such crude Equestrian-terms, Rainbow Dash."

'Equestria?' Lance thought 'Rainbow Dash? Why the hell does this sound so familia--..oh no..oh no, no, no! Please don't tell me...but it's all adding up...unicorns...pegasi...dumb names like Twilight and Chyrsalis..." Lance gulped "Am...am I in Ponyland?"

"Ponyville" a voice corrected "And we're the ones asking the questions, Changeling."

Lance gulped again,"Um...ok..." still trying to grasp his current situation. A sound suddenly filled the room, it was reminiscent to the sound of twinkling. Afterwards, Lance felt something being lifted off of his head. 'Oh' Lance thought 'A box? Huh, must have been the thing covering my--" Lance looked ahead, he appeared to be surrounded by four ponies. Two unicorns, one pegasus, and a regular pony. His jaw dropped as soon as he realized what he was really looking at.

See, Lance's father was a hard-core brony, going to conventions, mixing up music, creating fanfics, and participating in roleplays. His father constantly pestered Lance to follow him in his hoofsteps. Lance eventually gave in and tried to watch a few episodes. It wasn't so bad, it's just that Lance felt a little less manly after watching. In the end, Lance's dad went on a business trip that Lance highly suspected as another convention. He never did return, that was over a month ago and Lance's family never heard from him again. Since then, Lance had been stalking the internet where bronies frequented. Forums, Equestria daily, you name it. That's when he discovered his father's username: "LunaIsBestPony_69" had been frequently online. To make a long story short, Lance ended up disliking the MLP franchise a bit more. I wouldn't go too far as to say, Lance hated the ponies, but he's far from being a fan.

Back to the present, Lance was currently gawking at four of the mane six (as he remembered the fandom's term for the bearers). Lance was presented with Twilight; who locked her eyes at him in a fierce gaze, there was the orange cowboy one; who appear to have been fidgeting with her Stetson...what was her name again?...Applesauce? Anyway, there were two more ponies in front of him, a prim and proper looking unicorn, whom Lance recognized as Rarity, was busy ruffling her mane; and the last one Rainbow Dash--...wait, where was Rainbow Dash? As if to answer the question, a sudden cyan blur met Lance's face.

"Ow, what the fuck girl?!" Lance cried as he fell to the wooden floor, his chair creating a crashing sound. Rarity cringed at the outburst of profanity, she wasn't entirely sure what it meant, but Lance had shrieked it in such an unpleasant manner, it just had to be a curse.

"Rainbow Dash!" Twilight screamed, glaring daggers at her pegasus companion.

"Tsk, I got it Twilight, I--hey! What are you doing?" Rainbow Dash had started to launch another punch at Lance's face when a blue aura engulfed and immobilized her hoof.

"Really now Rainbow Dash, there is no need for violence." Rarity scoffed, looking displeased as she released the spell.

Rainbow Dash grumbled, as she put her hoof down "Ah, whatever..."

"Now then." Twilight remarked, clearing her throat "Why are you here, Changeling?"

Lance looked up at the Element of Magic, before promptly being lifted together with his chair into an upright position with the help of a certain purple aura. "I have a name, you know." Lance spat.

Twilight raised an eyebrow, confused. According to Twilight's books, only high-ranking Changelings such as royalty deserved proper names. The rest had mere numbers assigned to them. "So...what is it then?"

Lance grinned, "It's Lance, 'ya egghead."

Rainbow Dash stifled a chuckle, Rarity and Applejack just rolled their eyes, while Twilight didn't look too pleased. Twilight cleared her throat again. "OK then, Lance," spite evident in Twilight's voice "Why are you here?"

Lance stopped smiling suddenly realizing his situation, he probably pissed off one of the few ponies who would know how to help him. "I need medical attention." Lance stated nonchalantly. Lance felt a sudden shift in the atmosphere; confusion, a feeling he knew all too well.

An awkward silence ensued, before Twilight broke it by asking "Excuse me?"

Lance squirmed a bit, "Um...you see, uh...I feel...thirsty, but I can't drink water, you see...so..."

Twilight's eyes was suddenly filled with acknowledgment. "You're in need of serious love!" Twilight blurted out.

Lance mouth fell open "What?...WHAT?! I don't need sex! I don't dig ponies! What are you--..."

The whole room suddenly burst into a fit of laughter. Rainbow Dash had fallen to the floor, wiping out tears from her eyes. "Applesauce" was laughing heartily, while furiously pounding the floor with her front-hoof. Rarity and Twilight's cheeks were covered in a shade of red.

"Oh my, how, straightforward..." Rarity stuttered, obviously taken aback.

Twilight just stood there, mouth agape a sound reverberating from her throat that sounded like: "D'uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuhh...."

Lance was totally bewildered by the sight in front of him. What did he say? He was honestly not interested in the mares before him, and he wasn't horny. Just because he has a horn sticking out of his head, doesn't mean he's horny... Stop thinking about horns already!

Lance finally cleared his throat before asking; "Did I say something weird?"

The whole room stopped with their respective antics, even Twilight managed to regain her composure. After hearing what Lance asked, they all collectively face-hoofed.