• Published 10th Apr 2013
  • 1,376 Views, 31 Comments

The Expected, Unexpected Twist - PuckDaFolice



[HIE] A teen by the name of Lance finds himself living his normal and boring life, when all of a sudden, he finds himself in the 'exciting' land of Equestria. Full off sentient Griffins, Dragons, and--oh--Ponies.

  • ...
6
 31
 1,376

[02] A Cold Breeze...

A Cold Breeze...

Lance sighed heavily. Finally he was home at last! Lance grabbed at the doorknob on his front door, only to find it wouldn't turn. "Oh c'mon.." Lance breathed, dusting his palms on the front of his jeans. Lance reached for the doorknob again, attempting to try his luck once more in opening the confounded door. As Lance's right hand gripped the brass menace, the door swung open, pushing Lance's hand (and Lance) away. "Fu--!" Lance cried, as he landed on the wooden porch with a thud. Lance tended to his battered back-side, muttering something about doors being the bane of all living things. After attending to his sore bottom, Lance tilted his head up, facing the figure standing in the doorway. The figure was none other than Lance's mom, staring him down. Lance promptly stood up, "Hiya' mom...hehe..." His mom kept staring at him.

"Where's the fan?" she questioned in a neutral tone.

Lance grinned nervously. "Here ma-.." he gulped, handing her a plastic bag. Lance's mother took it from Lance's hands, and motioned for Lance to come in. "Well...that went better than expected." he mused as he entered his home, the capital of boredom, as he jokingly refers to it. Lance went into the living room and dived at the couch, completely oblivious to the fact that there were two eyes peeking from outside the window in mentioned room.

"Excellent...all in due time...he seems to be the perfect specimen..."

"Ah! This sofa is comfy..." Lance drooled as he rolled over and fell from the couch, seemingly unconscious.

"...almost perfect"


"TIA! I swear I'm sooorrryyy!!" Luna beat her wings furiously in a desperate attempt to widen the gap between her and her sister as they soared in the cold Canterlot night. Celestia snorted.

"I do not care! I shall send you to the moon once more! ...Or better yet, the sun!! You ruined my mane, how could you?!" Celestia practically cried.

Luna gulped "Not the Sun! Anywhere but the SUN!" When all of a sudden, the Sun Princess as well as the Moon Princess suddenly stopped their antics. "Do you...do you feel that sister?" Luna asked, landing down near the Canterlot garden.

Celestia nodded "It feels like what you were attempting to put a stop to, has now started it's course"

"We could have never stopped it in the first place...We must..." Luna gulped then smiled sheepishly at her sister. "We must put aside our silly sibling fight and figure out what we shall do."

Celestia raised an eyebrow as her hooves touched the cool grass of the garden "Indeed."


"...I don't wanna go to school mom!..." Lance mumbled in his sleep. His mother smiled down at him as she set him down on his bed. With a slight peck to the cheek, Lance's mother turned to walk out the door. She suddenly stopped, feeling a strong gush of wind to blow through her. 'Huh,' she thought 'Must have left a window op--wait a minute it's summer...of course I'll be leaving windows open!'. Lance's mother chuckled to herself as she closed her only son's door. "Hope you have pleasant dreams..." she muttered as she descended down the stairs, completely forgetting the fact that her sleeping son mentioned something about school in an unpleasant manner.


"Furry Wrinkle?! I thought you were retired!" Lance screamed at the teacher standing in front of him. The teacher gave an insulted look.

"It's Periwinkle, and no, I'm not retired. Well, I will retire, after summer ends..." the teacher retorted.

To say Lance was shocked is a pretty accurate statement. His eyes darted everywhere, examining the gray block structure erected behind the teacher, in detail. Lance shook his head furiously "No...no...no...this...this is impossible! School should have ended and Summer should have started ye--"

"Next year" Periwinkle cut him off, staring at Lance dead in the eyes. Eyes whose pupils suddenly jerked upwards. Lance made a gurgling sound when he crumpled to the pavement.

"Gah!" Lance woke up, violently shaking. "Wait..." Lance eyed his surroundings "...just....just a dream. No, wait, that was a nightmare!" Lance shivered slightly, not because he was scared, but because a cool breeze blew past him. Lance stopped shaking "Wait a minute...that breeze...". Lance looked around, confused. After a few seconds of useless 'observation', Lance decided to just sleep it off when a gleam caught his eye. Up on the ceiling, was the fan Lance had bought from the shop. The gleam was coming from the center of the said fan. Lance quickly rubbed his eyes and continued staring at the fan. After a few more seconds of nothing but watching, the fan suddenly spun on it's own. Lance froze then suddenly remembered what the midget from the store had told him about the fan. It ran on wind and not on electricity. "Well that's stupid, it's supposed to give me fresh air when there's none around and yet it needs wind to start up" Lance snorted. "Ah, heck I need to sleep now..."

As Lance's head hit the pillows, the fan spun wildly. The gleam becoming brighter and brighter as the whole fan was consumed by light. Lance winced in his sleep, obviously disturbed by the flash. The fan however, kept on spinning, producing a much brighter light. A light that filled up the whole room.

The light disappeared, so did Lance. Lance, whose last thoughts while on his bed attempting to sleep, was 'Wait--who put the fan in my room?'