• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 733 Views, 34 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War | SpiritStorm - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 34
 733

A Surprising Victory

Although the Fillies of Battle had many advantages against Vanguard Studds' Equestrial Guard, he fought his way through their forces and destroyed every single shrine before finally destroying their main headquarters.

"Storm them!" Guardponies shouted as they galloped up the stairs and shot at the now vulnerable Living Saint. "NO!" she cried as she fell to the ground dead.

All over Mara District, Guardponies and Bison were destroying every single structure that wasn't theirs'. Many Battle Fillies fell to their lasguns. They fought back hard, but were soon outmatched.

"Sisters," Serena called, "we must go as martyrs. WE must go in flames!" At the base of the fortress wall, fire bursted out of pipes, engulfing every pony who was within reach of the flames.

The Guardponies attacked the Canoness and more Battle Fillies near a ruined shrine. They fought back, even though it was pointless, now.

"In flames!" they all yelled as they drew out their blades and bowed before Serena thrusted her sword into the ground, and they were all consumed by the sacrificial inferno.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

When the Fillies of Battle arrived in the Pandora System, General Studds knew there was only one way he and his Guardponies would make it through alive. No victory, or act of penitence, could clear them of suspicion by the reckoning of those Equestriarchal zealots. Knowing that he had done no wrong, and unwilling to submit to Inquisitorial reconditioning, the General prepared for battle.

At first, Studds had hoped that the enemies of the Equestrium would spare him the unwelcomed task of pitting his stallions against the feared and dreaded Fillies of Battle. Unfortunately, Studds did not feel he had the luxury of waiting for mutual enemies to do his dirty work. He resolved on a bold and desperate move: to attack the Fillies of Battles' headquarters directly before they could come to him. With the advantage of surprise on their side, the 252nd Regiment, although weak of will and faith, showed themselves stronger in arms and armor than the pious Fillies of Battle. This extraordinary feat surprised even General Studds, and on congratulating his troops afterwards, he remarked that it was certain proof that the Empress had willed the Equestrial Guard to hold dominion over the Pandora System.