• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 733 Views, 34 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War | SpiritStorm - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 34
 733

Mara District

The Fillies of Battle rely greatly on their faith; it is their sustenance and their shield. When they first came to the tainted world of Pandora, Confessor Trotanum Pollag was quick to see how much holy light - and fire - it would take to cleanse the four planets. He therefore brought the Living Saint Aliconis and placed her in their primary bastion in Mara, on Pandora I. Following a secret and ancient practice, the Living Saint was imbued with the Inviolable Aura - an aura of invincibility which would prevent any chance, he thought, of defeat.

Guarded at the last by this Inviolable Aura, the Fillies of Battle marched with great surety. Who in truth would dare oppose them? What adversary could faith and fire not sweep before them? In the face of Discord and vile animals, the Fillies of Battle merely doubled their fervent prayers and penances, and fought on. They came to believe that glorious victory was the only outcome.

The idea that any would dare attack their mighty bastion was unthinkable. The possibility that their bastion could fall, beyond belief.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

At a holy shrine near the heart of the stronghold, Canoness Serena Igna and Confessor Trotanum Pollag stood ready with dozens of Battle Fillies behind.

"Good, she comes." said Trotanum.

One of the Battle Fillies stepped up and drew her blade. "Sisters," she said, "the Living Holy Saint of the Empress, Saint Aliconis, Scourge of Heretics." She bowed and placed her blade horizontally before her. The other Battle Fillies drew their blades out and followed suit as a golden figure descended from the heavens and landed with a flash of blinding light. The light quickly vanished, and a glowing Alicorn, wielding a flaming sword with flowers wreathed on the guard in her magic grip hovered before them with grace, beauty, and power.

Serena walked to the base of the shrine and raised her sword skyward. "Now, in the name of the Empress!"

The Living Saint turned and casted a spell upon the shrine. "Good." said the Confessor as the Saint finished. The shrine glowed with a holy aura, as well as the Battle Fillies and others who stood near her.

"There, it is done." said Serena. She trotted to her Sisters. "May the Empress's blessing carry us on to victory, Sisters." A few squads of Battle Fillies turned and trotted away to battle.

"We thank you, honored martyr." the Confessor said before the Saint flew to the main base. He turned and approached Serena.

"So." she said, "It is true then, these blessed shrines will confer... invincibility?"

"Indeed." the Confessor smiled, "Within each shrine lies a true and sacred relic of the Equestriarchy. Now that the edifices have been blessed by a Living Saint, they confer upon her the Inviolable Aura, as scribed and fervently mastered by the great Equestriarch, Hannasiah Verdonis."

"And where ever she goes, no harm may befall us?" Serena asked.

"Precisely." the Confessor replied, "Neither our little ponies nor our belongings."

Serena took a deep breath. "One pure, bright candle, amidst a sea of filth and darkness."

"That is well said, Canoness." Pollag commented. "This is a tainted system. It may, in fact, be irredeemable."

On the streets, the tanks of the Fillies of Battle were driving in to combat the attackers at their doorstep.

"Then we shall purge it with fire." Serena proclaimed. "I have yet to find a cinder that was not worthy in its praise to the Empress." One of the tanks stopped and the turret started spinning, releasing an inferno around it and all over the place to display its fearsome power.

"All is made ready?" Serena asked.

"Yes, Mistress." said a Battle Filly.

"Good. These would-be conquerors shall have a taste of our fire and faith. The Empress will punish them through us."