• Published 20th Apr 2013
  • 734 Views, 34 Comments

PonyHammer 40,000: Magic of War | SpiritStorm - Dragon Heart



It is the forty-first millenium, and there is no more friendship, only... WAR!

  • ...
5
 34
 734

Vigorous Courage

General Studds and his stallions fought their way through the horrifying swarms of Necronies until they finally destroyed the Great Generator that gave them their power. Monoliths started losing power and dropped to the ground, disappearing in a whirlwind of green energy. Guardponies shot at the remaining Necrony warriors who were still standing, but they too dropped to the ground, completely drained of their energy. One by one, Necronies were losing their precious power and falling to the dirt deactivated.

Another monolith dropped to the ground powerless and disappeared. Other Necrony structures collapsed upon themselves. More Necronies fell to the ground, drained of energy and left motionless. Even the Necrony Lord turned off and curled up like a dried up piece of meat left in the heat.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Had the 252nd Conservator Regiment, under its former commanders, ever taken their census and survey duty seriously, the ancient Necrony stronghold of Pandora III would probably have been awakened hundreds of years prior to the Pandora conflict. Whether their failure to keep any presence on this wasteland planet was remarkable luck, or dismal negligence, is now debated heavily by Equestrial Historians.

Invigorated under the capable command of General Studds, the Equestrial Guard showed their best face, and everything that the ancient exhumed necropolis sent against them were beaten back with ample munitions, perseverance, and heavy armor. Adapting the examples set in the war of Cronus, General Vanguard Studds had cargo-loads of bombs shipped to the Timoren plains, and every inch of possible Necrony catacomb was subject to multiple detonations. Following the victory, Studds forbade any future Equestrial surveys of Pandora III.