• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,258 Views, 41 Comments

Maybe I always have us - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 21 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess, and its affects on those he loves.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,258

Chapter 7

Chapter 7 – The Elements of Harmony

The sky outside has darkened to a cloudy layer just above the town, the dirt roads have started to turn a cold almost stone feel but the trees have taken on a bright cotton candy look to them. Ponies are still running from the town as your pace to the center of town starts to quicken, in your mind you can't believe that you're running into danger...but something keeps telling you that you should get use to this.

As your heartbeat and your breath overtake the noise around you, your eyes are brought to the hay covered buildings that are just before the restaurant...the hay has turned to what looks like chocolate fudge that now drips onto the path. Your mind quickly falls for this as you stop in your tracks at the voices just up the road a few feet.

"....This-this is fun! I just absolutely love the snack attack you tried." Discord smiles to the six ponies that stand around him.

Twilight is in front of you but her back is to you, no pony seems to have noticed you as everyponie's eyes are fixed up to the floating laughing stack as Twilight talks.

"Discord you know you can't harm us while we wear the elements of harmony." You watch Twilight as she holds her head up high to the mis-matched creature.

Discord snaps his claw and begins to sip on a drink that falls into his lion like paw as Twilight's voice picks up.

"This is not like Canterlot! You won't get away with anything...so give up now." The purple star that sits atop her tiara begins to glow a low purple. You shift a little not knowing if you should run and stop her.

Rainbow flaps her wings as she takes up off the ground, "YA, you're not turning anypony into stone today, hear us body?" Her proud tomboyish voice brings a sense of confidence to everypony as they all start some kind of comment.

But your gaze has not changed from Discord...you know something doesn't feel right, how can he be so calm?

"Well that was good tea." His yellow eyes shift as he talks, "Does anypony want some?" The silence eats away at him as he continues to look at each pony, "No....Good." His eyes turn a darkening yellow as the orange of his pupil start to take over at the end of his sentence.

Twilight hold her head up and takes a stance as she talks, "Discord."

He ignores her as he crosses his arms behind his head and lifts his legs up into the air, "No-no, you can have the first go."

Twilight and her friends close their eyes as you watch. You stare at this for a moment, why are they just standing there!

But just before you call out you feel a certain calm feeling run through past you...almost like a cool breeze. You watch with your hooves digging into the dirt a little as the low glowing purple start on Twilight's element starts to get a brighter shine. The light chime that you have heard from magic before is nothing compared to the sound that seems to be radiating from it...your breathing becomes slow as you watch everypony else elements start to glow, but unlike Twilight's they begin to form a rainbow like ring around Discord.

The ring bounces off of each cutie mark shaped necklaces as it starts to grow towards where Twilight stands.

Discord's smug face begins to waver a little as the rainbow like circle hits Twilight's start and begins to glow a bright whitish-rainbow color. The loud chime is almost deafening and you feel like time has somehow slowed around you. A smile creeps across your face as you watch in pure amazement at the scene in front of you...You swallow hard almost unable to believe the sight as the rainbow circle seems to stem from nowhere.

But your new found happy feeling is quickly brought to an end as your face is brought back to Discords...his eyes have darkened to a coal black and a smile has crossed his face leaving his teeth resting on his lip.

The cold stare shacks you as snap out of your amusement with a single shaking thought..."Twilight!"

At the sound of her name her ear flicks and she turns a little to you.

The sound from the elements are now almost screaming, everypony has shot their eyes open as the rainbow light that in case Discord has turned a dark green...the light slowly creep toward Twilight's star.

With a loud thunder like cracking sound you watch in horror as everypony is pushed back from their positions in a blast of greening light. You turn away from the intense brightness as the thundering sound starts to calm. You hold your eyes shut for a moment until you hear the cackling laugh from Discord.

"OH no, I think that somponies have not been true to their elements."

Your head is quickly brought back in front of you, "Twilight!?" The circle that was once formed by a colorful array of light is now littered with Twilight and her friends as they rub their eyes from the light.

But your eyes rest on Twilight, element has fallen from her head and she kneels on her front hooves in a hunched over panting heap, her stomach lightly rest on the cold ground every time she breaths in.

You burst into a run when she doesn't answer you.

But your heroic like run is brought to an end as you feel your body turned upside down...you have just been teleported and are now floating upside down next to Discord.

He places his bird like claw around your face as his beings to mess with your cheek, "Oh look yo-.."

You bite at his fingers as you yell, " I swear if...-"

Your voice is cut off as his hard claw slaps across your face.

He now tightened his grip around your head as he scream at you, "Or you will what? WHAT is a human pony freak like you going t-.."

A blast of purple magic streaks his thin body and his grip on you is lost as you plummet back to the ground with a thud. The wind has been knocked out of you and you lie on your back for a moment unable to move, your head has turned to your left, toward Twilight. She stands on all four legs, her head tilted down with a little paint.

The pain in your back makes it a little hard to roll over but you eventually make it to your hooves as you turn back to Discord.

He laughs as he pokes at his almost burn fur, "Oh, that-that is good..Ha ha ! That is good." He turns to you as he talks, "My turn."

He snaps his claw and Twilight's horn becomes encased in a stone block. She gives a pained yelp as she sits back on the ground frantically rubbing at the stone.

Twilight's friends all yell in unison as they gallop over to her.

You stare at Twilight as Discords voice resonates behind you.

"Tell me human, what's it like knowing that you help corrupt the elements of harmony?"

Rainbow yells from Twilight's side back to his comment, "Hey I-..."

Her tomboyish voice is silenced by Discord's loud booming, "Hush Rainbow, some loyal element you turned out to be, can't keep your hooves off somepony hu?"

Applejack now shouts out, her normal blond mane looks a tattered mess as her words rock her head, "Y'all just wait till the Princess get here!"

You again hear Discord's laughter behind you as he talks, "The Princess? You mean the pony that wanted me to go to a world where chaos is free to run rampant? Yes, let’s wait for the Princess, she might throw me a party...."

You ignore his words as you stare at Twilight, you both hold a stare as the conversion rages around you...her determined eyes that she once had are now a soft and worried stare. Your eyes drift down a little as you stare at her hooves cradling her bulged stomach off the ground. You feel a tingling sensation coming through your body as the sounds around completely blank...you hold your gaze as you remind yourself of something...nothing bad will ever happen to you...you feel a tear forming in your eye as bring them back to Twilight's.

You turn back to Discord, your mind completely focused on what you want to do. The sensation throughout your body is not rage it's not pain it's not lost...you hold this thought in your head as you let it consume you...

"I am not losing anything else..."

Discord stops his rant as he laughs and points, "OH yes very well." He cups his head in his claw and paw as he talks in mocking voice, "One shot then it's my turn."

You close your eyes as you hold your thoughts, the tingling sensation that has been building in your fur you feel staring to leave you.
Discord laughs and hold his sides, "AH ha ah stop, stop, it tickles!"

You shoot your eyes open as you watch a steady field of green magic building up around him. You shake a little trying to hold back your fear and doubts.

Discord continues to wallow in his laughter as he tries to talk, "ha ha-yes-yes, go on then give me a magical bust!"

Rainbow calls out from behind you, "What are you doing? Don't help him!"

The voices behind you start to grow as the field around Discord grows a brighter green. You grind your teeth as you push their voices from your mind.

Discord's laughter starts to fade a little as the field continues to get darker, "Wha-what are you doing?"

Your breathing starts to become heavy as you hold the feelings of your hoof draping over Twilight's stomach, the feeling of her warm fur in the slow morning, her pressed up against you while she is in a deep sleep ...the sounds of her laughter, her bright smile from a stupid comment of yours. You feel a smile across your face as these feelings begin to run your mind.

The green field around Discord has gone a light purple that continues to keep growing darker and darker the shade. His joy filled laughter begins to change into a pained scream as you watch his fur begin to blacking, "Wh-WhaT!"

The sensation has started to make you weak and you feel your front leg give in, but you focus stays on Discord and the spell. His yells are now getting mixed with your fading hearing, your last sight is his figure complete clouded by the glow of purple magic that stems from your own body.

End of chapter 7