• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,258 Views, 41 Comments

Maybe I always have us - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 21 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess, and its affects on those he loves.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,258

Chapter 5

Chapter 5 – Wacky

The quick rush of wind and purple swirls are quick to end as the library's bright wood and colorful book take shape around you. Every other time you have been teleported you have closed your eyes as the sensation of magic carries you away, but not this time you ken fear of her use of magic has keep your eyes and body focus on her position. As the purple swirls finally settle and your breath is brought back into your body you talk, "Twilight!"

You put your hoof on her side as she holds her eyes tight with a bit of a shake to them.

Night light and Velvet who have also been teleported show their concern as they both talk in an almost inaudible unite sound.

Twilight opens her eyes quick as she pushes away from you, "Spike! Spike!"

You continue to talk as she call her assistant's name, "Twilight are you alright? Twilight?"

She quickly runs to the bottom of the staircase ignoring you and her parents as she calls up the stairs, "Spike! Wake up."

The purple dragon finally appears on the top of the staircase with almost tear filled eye, "Twilight are we going back to Canterlot?"

Twilight pauses but is quick to talk, "Spike, get the elements of harmony."

Spike looks confused as he looks around the room at everyponies’s faces, "W-why?" His voice is still a little shaky from his lack of awareness of the situation outside.

Twilight's eyes are focused and determined as she answers him, "Discord is back...now get the elements of harmony."

Spike freezes for a moment but then backs away from the top of the stairs with a dash towards Twilight's room.

You and her parent’s calls to her have not stopped at her ignoring, and she finally turns to face you as she talks, "I'm fine."

You stare at her but before you can talk Night light cuts in, "You see why you need to come home with us!" He points his hoof to you as he talks, "He brought Discord here!"

Twilight turns her head to her father as she starts her lecture, "Well dad the only reason Discord is here is because he used the human magic brought on by feelings of hate and discrimination unlike pony magic of love and tolerance...which you show none of!"

Night light is struck silent as he looks to the ground.

Twilight paints a little from her outburst as a flicker of green magic flares from her horn.

You don't notice the flicker but you put your hoof to her to try and calm her. She takes deep breaths as she calms down.

But the calm moment doesn't last long as the door to the library flies open with a bust of a cyan streak.

Rainbow slams into the floor and quickly closes the door as she runs up screaming in her high pitched cracky tomboyish voice, "Twilight, Discord is back and the sky is turning all cloudy and Ican'tdoathingaboutit!" Her voice trembles as she tries to speak through her out of breath body and fear driven ramble.

Twilight nods as she talks in a leadership calm voice, "Rainbow I need you to go and get Fluttershy and Applejack."

Rainbow pauses for a moment as she looks over her friend, "Twilight...you can't be serious?"

Twilight nods her head with a determined, "I am."

Again the door flings back open, everypony looks to the door in a little bit of hesitation but the fear is quickly subsided as a ball of pink fluff slams the wood door behind itself.

Pinkie scream as she rubs her hooves over her cotton candy like mane, "TheskyisgettingalldarkponiesarescreamingIcan'tgettheoventowork!AndIheardponiesscreamingThatDiscordisB..-"

Pinkie is silenced as Rainbow shoves her hoof into her mouth, "Pinkie we know, can you get Rarity?"

Pinkie mumbles something thgourth Rainbow's hoof, "Iskdfndsfjbcejksb." She spits her hoof out as she talks in high pitched squeal, "Rarity is across town, she was probably eaten by the lake monster!" She lets out a tear filled cry but unlike a normal cry her eyes almost look like she was a water faucet turn on high.

Rainbow shakes Pinkie as she talks, "This is no time to mess around Pinkie."

Twilight rubs her head as the conversations around the room get louder and more fear driven.

You have a pounding head and you're still weak from earlier as you try to make sense of the noise that is quickly filling the room.

Spike finally emerges from downstairs with a large box that he struggles to hold up. "H-here you go Twilight." He almost slams the box down to the ground.

Twilight raises her voice to stop the madness as she talks, "Enough!." She opens the box to reveal five gold necklaces looking things with what almost looks like a princess crown in the middle of the box. You blink at the contents of the box as you think, this is the most power thing in all of Equestria! A fucking fashion statement!?

You watch with a lost hope as two of the items are floated out of the box and brought to Pinkie's and Rainbow's hooves. In the middle of the gold necklace is an emblem of their cutie marks which again only fuels your concern for them not doing shit.

Velvet talks now with her hooves up to her mouth, "Twilight...you’re...you’re not going to fight that monster are you?"

Night light stares at his daughter as he shakes his head, "No, no we have to wait for Cleastia or-or Luna."
Rainbow and Pinkie look to them as the talk.

Twilight doesn't take her mind of her eyes off of the elements as she talks, "We don't know how long they would take to get here, and if Discord is as strong as I think he is there won't be enough time."

You stare at her as you shake your head, "No, no you're not doing this."

Her face is completely emotionless as she looks to Rainbow, "Rainbow go and get Aj and Fluttershy."

Rainbow gives a nod as she opens the door and darts out towards the now cloud looking sky.

Twilight hovers the tiara out of the box with what you would guess is Rarity's element toward her. You quickly stop the movement with your own purple grasp as you talk, "Twilight you are not doing this."

She smiles as her magical pull over powers your, "I have to there is no time."

You grab Rarity's element as you talk, "No, no magic it-it..." you stammer on the words as your fear starts to unscramble in your mind, not just for her but for what she is carrying, "This strong of magic would hurt you and the foal."

She places the tiara on her head as she talks, "There is no magic in the elements of harmony, and it’s just a power."

You shake your head at the lie, "Twilight doesn’t lie, and I will not let you do anything like this."

She stares at you as she holds out her hoof, "Give me the element." Her soft eyes have darkened to the color of determination...but you can see in her big purple eyes that she is just as scared as you are.

Everypony watches silently at your back and forth conversation.

You shake your head as you voice starts to get raised, "No, h-how would you get this element to Rarity anyways? Hu? Discord is not going to let you walk past him."

She starts to shake up a little as she talks, "I would teleport to her shop."

Your mouth quivers as you ask her the same question as before, "Do the elements of harmony use magic?"

She reluctantly nods her head yes.

You back away from her still holding on to the element, "Then I won't let you do this."

She tries to hold back her cry as she talks, "You have to trust me, the elements don't need that much magic...it does it on its own."

You again shake your head to her.

Her voice is shaky as she stops her hoof, "We don't have time for this, the fate of Equestria rest on in our hooves in trying to stop Discord."

You give a shaky laugh as you talk, "I don't care about Equestria." You look over her softening purple eyes as she again tries to lie to you. "You just have to trust me...the elements won't be too much for me."

You stare at her as you wait for her lie to crack...but she doesn't falter. You look down to the element you hold as you talk, "You promise Twilight?"

She nods her head.

You feel your magic tangle around your body as you picture in your mind where you want to go. You bring your head up to her as you feel your teleportation spell starting to take effect, "You promised."

End of chapter 5