• Published 17th Mar 2013
  • 1,258 Views, 41 Comments

Maybe I always have us - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 21 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess, and its affects on those he loves.

  • ...
2
 41
 1,258

Chapter 1

Maybe I always...

Chapter 1 – Maybe I always have us

You find yourself just nodding your head to everything Twilight says as she goes down today's list from memory. Instead of her voice you pay closer attention to her heavy hooves hitting the wood every step she takes on the hard library floor as she paces back and forth.

A smile crosses your face as you look over her protruding stomach. You hold your smile as you think over what the doctor said three weeks ago, he was right she did start showing only after a few weeks...but you didn't expect her to show like she is now.

You start to drift out of your daydream as you notice her staring at you.

"...Yes or no?"

You shake your head at voice.

She squints at you, "You weren't listening where you?"

You stare back at her for a moment, carefully planning the best possible excuse you can think of...takes too long, "I'm tired."

She rolls her eyes with a giggle, "Spike what else is on the list?"

The small purple dragon sitting next to you scratches his head as he looks over, "Uh...which list are we on today?"

Twilight gives an annoyed groan as she motions with her hoof, "This one Spike."

You watch as the list that Spike was holding is floated past you. Before it gets too far you swipe at it with your hooves and stop its traveling toward Twilight, "Doctor said no magic."

Twilight blows at the comment as she takes the list from your hoof, "That was like three weeks ago, I’m fine now."
Twilight hold the list up to her face as she talks, "Besides I don't see how a simple telekinesis spell is magic."

You give a sarcastic laugh as you answer her, "Simple? How is any magic simple?"

She looks up from the list as she smiles, "You want me to explain it to you?"

You stare at her for a moment before you shake your head no.

She lifts her head up to show her victory, "Good because talking magic with you is a stress, and my books say a pregnant mare should stay away from stress." She smiles as she continues, "But you already knew that didn't you."

You stare at her act with a smile, "And didn’t they say to not eat too many sweets?"

She giggles at your comment, "Of course not. Did Pinkie ever bring those cupcakes by?"

You shift your body in front of the box that sits behind you, "Maybe."

She hovers the box off the table as she takes one out of the counters with her cheating purple magic. With a playful giggle she slowly floats it past you.

You give a sly smile as you wrap the cupcake in your own green grasp and burst it into flame.

Spike laughs as the charred cupcake falls back to the table.

You place your hoof on the box as you set it back to the table, "You said yesterday to not let you eat more than ten cupcakes a day."

As she goes back to her list you take a cupcake out of the box and hold it in your hoof as you tease her, "I think I would rather have emotional Twilight then overly planning Twilight." You move your snout closer to the cupcake but end up biting air as it floats to its puppet master.

"Oh Celestia don't remind me of that." She bites into the soft vanilla cupcake as she stops talking.

Spike smiles as he talks, "Twilight that’s eleven."

She swallows back the cupcake as she gives a giggle, "It's still early, something is bound to get me moving today."

You stare at your empty hoof as you think my cupcake...

Twilight looks back to the list as she continues down it, "...check...check...check..." she mumbles to herself as the list moves upward.

You roll you’re as the long list, "Twilight we have been using the same list all day, I think w...-"

"Ah ha!" She waves the list in front of you as she talks, "We forgot to put baby locks on the bath faucet."

You squint at the comment, "What?"

She rolls the list up as she nods to Spike, "We don't want the little colt hurting herself do we?"

You smile at the comment, which must look weird because she holds her eyebrow up to you awaiting your response, "You said colt."

Twilight taps her hoof to her mouth as she think, "You're right my bad, filly."

You stare at her with a larger grin, "Twilight, do you know?"

She puts the list on the table and gives a giggle as she continues to mess with you, "I don't know what she is going to be or what her coat colour is going to look like."

Your smile fades a little as you start to think, "Twilight it's not twins right?"

She turns as she talks, "Spike would you help me?"

Spike jumps from his seat as he follows her towards the stairs, "Yes ma'am."

You hold your head to her as she walks away, "Twilight," she ignores you as she walks away, "Twilight that’s not funny."

A knock at the door pauses your mind for the moment. As you get up you hear Twilight calling from upstairs, "Could you get that?"

You open the door to a deafening squeal, "hello!"

You stop for a second as you look to the small white filly jumping up and down in the doorway, "Hi Sweetie..."

Sweetie has her cutie mark crusaders cape on and is wielding a big smile as she looks at you, "where is Twilight?"

Rarity who stands a little behind her sister cuts in with her normal soft elegant tone, "Yes, um sorry it’s kind of late but Sweetie just wants to as Twilight a question."

You look to the sky for a second, you have gotten better at telling time from how the sky looks and you know that the day is well past noon. Which this makes you think, another day has been spent baby proofing the house.

You quickly snap out of your thoughts as you move aside, "Sure Twilight's upstairs."

Rarity and Sweetie walk past you as you call Twilight's name.

After a few moments Twilight appears at the top of the staircase, "Hi Rarity, hi Sweetie. What brings you by?"

Rarity holds her hoof up to her chest, "Well darling you know I would ra-.."

Sweetie cuts her sister off as she talks, "Twilight! On behalf of the cutie mark crusaders we would like you to know that if you ever need a foalsitter that we would loVE to get our cutie mark in it." She ends her sentence with a happy smile.

Twilight gives a friendly laugh as answers Sweetie, "Thank you Sweetie belle."

You on the other hand are shaking your head, no nope no, they would definitely go exploring in a forest for a cave and most likely end up fighting a hydra.

Sweetie points to you as she talks, "maybe you can get your cutie mark in foal-sitting to."

You hold your straight face as you think about that comment, I better not get a diaper on my ass for the rest of my life.

Twilight laughs at Sweeties comment.

Rarity now looks at Twilight as she clears her throat, "So is this weekend still ok for you to foalsit Sweetie?"

Your ears throbs at the thought as you wait for Twilight to answer.

She smiles as she answers, "of course it is."

Sweetie looks a little annoyed at the change in conversation, "Hey...if I need a foalsitter then how can I be a foalsitter?"

Rarity taps her hoof to her mouth, "um...hey Sweetie hows about we go home and I show you how to cook a...-"

Before she can finish Sweetie answers, "oK." Sweetie tugs on her sister’s hoof as she moves towards the door.

Rarity smiles as she is pulled towards the door, "Thank you Twilight."

As the door closes behind them you look to her.

Before you can even speak she answers, "Rarity is going out of town and I think it would be a good thing to look after Sweetie for a few days."

You nod your head, "Fine, but we are not going to the lake got it."

She giggles as she walks to list sitting on the table, "Good." You watch as she puts a check on the list.

Her smile fades a little as she moves the list up to its last box.

You get closer as you look over the list, "What's left?"

Twilight sighs as she looks at the last thing, "Something we put off for three weeks." She floats a quill and a piece of paper to the table, "Dear mom and dad...."

End of chapter 1