• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 631 Views, 9 Comments

Chaos Controlled - ZeirMakavar



Twilight Sparkle is a mare who just completed her training with Celestia. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of her next teacher, a strange pony named Makavar, she does yet to know the adventure that his arrival would bring to her. Or the evils...

  • ...
5
 9
 631

A place called Time

Chapter 4

A place called Time

"What!" Rainbow Dash squealed. "You mean Daring Do is real?!" Her face was filled with a large smile, as her eyes twinkled. They were leaving the castle for the last time for a long time.

Katjil nodded, a soft smile on his face. "Indeed, and she was the first Element of Loyalty." He said, a sad tone in his voice. "Look... guys, I'm sorry..." He mumbled as Rainbow patted his shoulder.

"It's okay Kat." Rainbow smiled, again this time softly. "We've all had moments like that. It's not your fault Chaos could control you. We beat him still." She then puffed out her chest proudly, as if she expected peace within the world, because they beat Chaos.

Twilight nodded, a soft smile on her face as well. "Indeed." She smiled, a slight chuckle in her voice. "Even though it cost us Luna, we should still celebrate." She sighed, looking out at the sky. [1]

"I know..." Katjil mumbled, looking at the sky as well. "It's just hard realizing that even the Dream Room can't bring her back..."

The ponies stood watching the night sky for a few more moments. Each one thinking of Luna, and the happy moments they shared with the Alicorn. These thoughts were interrupted by a flashing light, as four meteors came crashing down. Each meteor narrowly missing a building, they had appeared out of no where, as if a Rift had opened letting them through.

"What was that?" Rarity blinked, looking around a worried look on her face. "What were those large rocks?"

"Meteors." Makavar said, walking up as a Drakyl. He was holding a small red crystal, that seemed to have a faint glow to it. "Meteors... that bring death." He said, looking down at the crystal. "If I am correct, then they are the other pieces of Chaos. And our fight has only just begun."

"But one of them landed near Ponyville!" Twilight yelped, looking at Ponyville. "Nyx and Spike are there!" She then began running towards Ponyville, as the others followed suit. They continued running, until Makavar appeared in front of Twilight, an invisible force keeping her from moving around him. "Out of my way Master," She half ordered. "I must go to Ponyville. I must protect my family!"

Makavar held up a hand, silencing the lavender Alicorn. "No." He finally said, a soft smile on his face. "Right now, there is nothing you can do. You will die easily in your current state." Turning to Katjil, then back to Twilight. "Luna is not dead. I sent her to another dimension before the explosion could kill her." He said, as the ponies around him lit up happily. "Again, as of right now you will die if you challenge any of the pieces of Chaos. You were lucky this time, as I arrived just in time." [2]

"Well, then... why can't we go and get her?" Katjil asked, looking around.

"Because that's where I am going." Makavar responded, to Katjil's question. "You... You are going else where." He paused, looking up at the stars. "I fear that reality is breaking down. An End that should not be, is beginning. Hopefully you three can fix that."

Rainbow blinked, looking around, as did Twilight. "But..." Rainbow blinked. "What about the rest of the elements?" She asked, looking at Rarity and Fluttershy. "Why aren't they coming with?" Rainbow looked back at Makavar confusion on her face.

"They will be helping Celestia and Nyx in protecting Equestria on this front." He responded. "You three, will be saving Equestria on a different front." He smiled, as his horn lit up. A spell circle appeared on the ground, as the air slowly grew heavier as time passed. Once the circle completed a blinding flash of light bursted from the center, as the teleport activated.

"Hello?" A mare said, poking the unconscious group of ponies, each in turn. "Master said you'd be coming to help." She smiled as Rainbow woke up. "That you'd be coming soon..."

"Huh?" Rainbow said, blinking at the familiar pegasus. "M-mom? Why are you here? And how did you know we'd be coming?"

Rainbow Dash's mother laughed. "Silly Filly..." She said, bonking Rainbow's head. "I'm here because Master sent me here. I also heard you inherited the Element of Harmony from me. I'm glad."

Both Rainbow Dash and Twilight Sparkle blinked, shocked faces on each of them. "Hey Rainbow..." Twilight mumbled, looking at Rainbow. "Doesn't your mother look a lot like..."

"Daring Do? On the covers of the books?" Rainbow's mother interrupted, a soft smile on her face. "I sure hope so, as they are about me." She laughed softly, shaking her head.

"Hello Patty." Katjil sighed, not looking at the Pegasus. "It's been a long time. So this is where Father sent you."

Patricia nodded, a soft smile on her face. "Indeed it is, Katjil." She sighed, looking around. She then looked back at Katjil, a confused look on her face. "If Master brought you back to life, which I assume he did as you're standing here, then why isn't Luna here?" She asked, as Twilight and Rainbow Dash talked to each other.

"She almost died..." Katjil sighed, looking away. "The Red Crystal took me again, and well... I nearly killed her this time..." He responded, still looking away. He finally looked back, after a few moments of silence. "I have failed as a leader once again."

Patricia shook her head, sighing. "No you haven't Katjil." She patted his shoulder before looking at her daughter. "You've done quite well."

Rainbow sighed, looking around. "Well... this is interesting." She mumbled, glancing at Twilight, before shaking her head.

"It is interesting to find out that your mother wrote the Daring Do novels." She chuckled softly, patting Rainbow on the shoulder. "It almost sounds like writing is in your blood. Maybe your book will be good too."

"Did I hear correctly?" Patricia said, walking up to the young mares. "My daughter, is writing a book as well?"

"Yes ma'am." Twilight chuckled, looking at the now blushing Rainbow. "She is indeed writing a book." She chuckled once more, patting Rainbow on the shoulder. "And it's because of the Daring Do stories that she's writing them."

At this, the brown coated pegasus actually blushed slightly. "Is that so?" She finally questioned. "My little filly is writing because of my books?" This made Patricia chuckle, as she didn't expect her child to write. Let alone because of her mother's writing.

Rainbow looked away, sighing. "Yeah, well..." She mumbled. "It's not as good as yours..."

"Oh, what makes you say that?" Patricia asked, now even more interested.

The ponies continued talking, exchanging tidbits of information, for about an hour until they came upon a Temple. The Temple looked old, and regal. Rainbow and Twilight both looked at the massive building in front of them, awestruck. "Welcome," Patricia chuckled, standing in front of them, looking back at the other ponies. "To what Master calls a Gate."

Twilight was the first to recover, looking from the top spire down to Patricia. "A gate?" She questioned. "But gates lead to places, don't they?" She asked, looking around trying to figure out why Patricia said gate.

There was a moment of silence as Patricia and Katjil looked at each other, before they burst out laughing. "Yes," Katjil said, the first one to recover. "Yes gates do lead places."

"This is a gate." Patricia said, looking at the building. "To a place that Master calls The Well of Time."

"You've been there before Twilight." Katjil said, nodding towards her wings. "Time is an illusion with in the well. It's different then the dream room, yet the same."

"Is that even possible?" Twilight blinked, looking at Katjil. "Can something be different and the same as something else?"

It was Rainbow who answered next, however. "It can, if they are made by the samepony." She mused, looking at the others. "It's the only thing I can think of..."

"Just who exactly is master?" Both Patricia and Twilight asked to no one.

"We may never know." Katjil chuckled, before he stepped closer to the temple. "Either way, we should get going."

The mares behind him all nodded, as they too headed into the temple. The magic used to create the Well, became apparent the moment they stepped into the temple. The area went from what looked to be a normal temple of the time, to a twisted maze of multiple dimensions. Twilight looked around, sighing. "Now what..." She mumbled to herself, looking around. She blinked, when she saw that rainbow was standing upon the ceiling going down stairs. "Rainbow? What are you doing?"

"I'm going up stairs, what does it look like?" She responded, looking down at Twilight. "The question is how are you standing on the ceiling."

"She's not." Patricia said, walking up, on a wall along with Katjil. "Reality is bent here, and nothing is as it seems. After all, if what my daughter said is true... then that means that Master made this place."

The two younger mares nodded, as Rainbow flew down to Twilight. "Wow..." she mused, looking down at her feet. "I see what you mean mom..." She chuckled, looking around. "This would be a great place to practice flying. I wonder if Soarin would agree..."

Patricia's ear propped up, at her daughter's mention of her coltfriend. "Oh, who is this Soarin? Is she a friend of yours?"

Twilight chuckled, as Rainbow looked down, blushing slightly. "Actually mom... He is my coltfriend..."

Patricia blinked, confused at first before a sly smile appeared on her face. "Oh, and here I thought that you wouldn't be interested in dating, let alone found your self a special somepony." She chuckled, as her and Katjil jumped off the wall, and landed next to Twilight. "Man, have I missed a lot. I'm going to have to talk to Crash for not sending me letters..."

Katjil chuckled as Patricia mused about what she had missed in her child's life. "So, anypony with an idea as to why we actually came here?" Twilight asked, breaking Patricia's concentration. "I was just wondering..."

"Master told me that there was something here that could kill Chaos, for good." Patricia said, looking around. "I guess we'll have to look for it..."

Twilight sighed, exasperated. An hour had passed, at least for her, and the group was once again separated. "You see anypony?" She asked, looking up at Rainbow, who was standing upon the ceiling again.

Rainbow looked down at Twilight, shaking her head as she flew down to her. "Nope." She said, as she landed, sighing. "Nopony in site, not even what we are looking for... what ever that is." She mumbled the last words before looking at Twilight. "Hey, you think Luna really is alright, and Master wasn't just messing with us to cheer us up?"

Twilight shrugged, having been thinking the same thing. "Even if he was," She finally said looking back at Rainbow. "We should still press on, after all this could save Equestria."

Rainbow nodded, sighing. She then opened a door, which lead to a room that had two things. The first was a cake upon a small table, the other appeared to be an old weapon of war. "Right," She mumbled, sighing. "So it's cake or death eh?" She smiled, closing the door.

They continued opening and closing doors for about another hour or two, before they met up with Patricia. Katjil was no where in site. "Yeah, we got separated about thirty minutes after we separated from you two." She mumbled looking around. "It's been about three days sense then..."

"Wait?" Twilight said, stopping in her tracks. "Did you say three days?" Patricia looked at Twilight confused, before nodding. "We've both been looking for you for around three hours. That's when we lost you two... how could three days have gone by?"

Patricia looked around, even more confused at Twilight's words. "I guess Time flows differently here majorly... if three days passed for me, but three hours for you two... then Time really doesn't exist here."

The two other ponies there nodded, looking at each other. "Well, this makes things harder." Twilight mumbled, as the other two silently agreed.

Rainbow's ears then perked up. "Hey, does anypony else hear that?" She asked, as Patricia and Twilight looked around, confused.

"No, I don't hear anything." Twilight said, looking at Rainbow, worried. "There aren't anypony around here but us Rainbow..."

"I swear that I hear something." Rainbow said, rushing off to look for the source.

Twilight and Patricia chased after her, with Patricia trying to get a head of Rainbow. "Rainbow, wait up!" Twilight yelped, just as Rainbow rounded a corner. "Please Rainbow! We shouldn't separate from each other!" She yelled again,before running into Patricia, who was just sitting there.

"How... but I was right behind her..." Patricia mumbled, as Twilight peeked out from behind her, at the dead end, which had a distinct lack of Rainbow Dash.

"Perhaps the area itself is changing?" Twilight suggested, looking around. "That would explain how we lost each other in the first place." Patricia nodded at Twilight's words, looking around. "But again, we should start looking for the others and what we came here for." Twilight said, a soft smile on her face.


Rainbow looked around, confused as to why Twilight was yelling at her to stop. "Where did they go?" She mumbled, looking behind her at the empty hallway. "Strange..."

"Oh no." Somepony said, in front of her. "What's strange is how you are here." When Rainbow looked to see who it was, there was no one there. "Oh, you won't find me there." The voice chuckled, as Rainbow looked around franticly for the source of the voice. "You won't find me in many places." The voice said, as a skeleton walked out of the wall. "Hello, it's me Galic Ozer."

Rainbow glared at the dancing skeleton, wondering how it was moving. "How... why are you here?" She finally said, after having waived a hoof above the skeleton, while it did a jig. "Last time we saw you, you were hanging in Makavar's office back before Equestria was founded..."

Galic laughed, ceasing his jig, he stared blankly at Rainbow, or with as much emotion as a skeleton can, "Well, you see." He began to say, as the maze around them began to twist and change shape. "This place enjoys torturing those with in, before it gives them what they seek."

"You speak of this place, as if it alive." Rainbow said in a questioning tone. "Why? It can't be, can it?"

"Oh come now... stop thinking like Ms. Sparkle, think outside the box." Galic chuckled, doing a couple of backflips as wings appeared on his back.

"I still don't get it..."

"Oh you will..." Galic Ozer said, as he drifted away, fading into smoke.


Twilight looked around, blinking. "See anything?" She asked, looking over at Patricia, who was standing upon a far off wall. "There's nothing over here..."

Patricia looked over at Twilight, before nodding, and pointing at an area that Twilight couldn't see. "I'll be real quick, I think I found something."

Twilight nodded, turning around to see if they missed anything. The moment she did, something unusual happened. Twilight blinked, looking around at the landscape she now found herself in. It took her a few seconds to recognize it as the courtyard in front of Canterlot Castle. Though this wasn't what caught her attention. Standing not far in front of her, was herself. Talking to Makavar, who was in his Drakyl form. Twilight began straining to hear what the other Twilight and Makavar were saying.

"So, I guess this is goodbye." Makavar said, a hint of sadness in his voice.

"I... I don't understand. What do you mean goodbye? Can't you just come back?" The other Twilight said, worry all over her face. "You've done it before haven't you?"

"Not in this way no." Makavar chuckled, turning away. "Equestria doesn't need me anymore Twilight. It's truly time for me to take that one final journey. The one adventure that has eluded me for generations, has come to knock on my door." He turned to look back at Twilight, his feet turned to stone. "You ponies were a great tale to tell Twilight. It's been a pleasure." He saluted her, as the rest of his body turned to stone. Seconds later, a wind picked up causing the now statued Makavar, to turn to dust.

Twilight blinked, and the scene before her was gone. She looked around, even more confused. "What?" She questioned to herself before Rainbow Dash crashed into her. "R-rainbow?" She blinked, brushing herself off.

"Hey Twi..." She said, looking around, a worried look on her face. "H-hey, where's mom? Wasn't she with you?"

"Yes. But she went off to look..." Twilight began, as Rainbow bursted past her. "... in some place I didn't see." She shook her head, heading in the direction that Rainbow flew off in. "Rainbow. I'm sure she's fine. She does this stuff all the time, remember?"

Rainbow stopped, to look at Twilight. "Nothing. And I mean nothing is like this place." She said, poking Twilight in the chest. "Trust me." Rainbow then turned to continue looking for her mother in a frantic way.

"Yes... I know." Twilight mumbled to herself, looking back at the area where she saw the vision. She then smiled softly, shaking her head. "Well, we should still see if we can find anything that might help us fight Chaos." Twilight said, flying up to follow Rainbow.

"I think we have..." Rainbow said, who was standing staring into a room. "Twilight, doesn't that look like us?"

Twilight looked into the room, and she was greeted by six statues. Each statue looked like one of the current holders of the Elements of Harmony. Though something was off, and Twilight was the first to notice the difference. She slowly approached the statue version of herself, touching the face. "I... I don't understand." She said, looking back at Rainbow. "If this place was made long before even our parents were born, then how could statues of us be here?" At this Rainbow shrugged, walking up to Twilight. "Not only that, but look at the elements. They seem more like armor in the statues."

Rainbow blinked, now looking at the statue of herself. "Hey, your right." She chuckled, looking back at Twilight. "Perhaps this is what Makavar wanted us to get?"

"Or at least, what the well wants us to have..." Twilight mumbled, which caused Rainbow to nod, looking back at the statues.

It took the two ponies a matter of minutes, to find the crystalline armor that the statues represented. It took them less then that, to find a way out of the Temple.

Upon exiting, they were greeted with a surprise. Both Katjil, and Patricia had already exited the Temple, and were waiting for them. "So now we move forward against Chaos." Katjil chuckled, half ignoring the shocked look on Rainbow's face.

"How did you get out?" Rainbow asked, looking around. "I thought that you'd still be inside."

Patricia chuckled, shaking her head. A soft smile on her face, indicated that the entire time he was outside. "This was all planned by Master sweetie." She said, still smiling. "Because you are correct, he did build the gates."

"And the temple." Katjil added, before the familiar symbol of the teleport appeared. Though no ponies horn was glowing.

The flash passed, and the group found themselves once again in an unknown area. "Wait..." Rainbow blinked, looking around. "I thought that we would be heading back to Equestria after this." The other mares nodded in agreement, though Katjil sighed.

"It would make sense that this would mean that there is more to be done." He said, looking towards a clump of Ruins that seemed to match Canterlot. "I think we may be in the future." He said, pointing towards the ruins.

"The far future..." Both Rainbow and Patricia mumbled, nodding.

Twilight looked, awestruck at what Canterlot had become. "Is that... Is that really Canterlot?" She asked, looking at Katjil.

"In deed it is," A pony said, walking up to them. "Good evening my fair adventures. If you would please come with me." She demanded, as she turned to head towards the ruins. The pony seemed old, almost as old as Granny Smith is. Or was.

"May I ask what happened? Why is Canterlot in ruins?" Twilight asked, following the old pony. "Wouldn't Princess Celestia prevent this? Or Luna?"

The mare chuckled, shaking her head. "No. They both died a long time ago. I believe it was a thousand years ago, to the day."

Twilight blinked, looking at the mare, before looking back at Canterlot. "A thousand years?" She repeated, in a questioning tone. "So this is a thousand years after their death? I thought that Alicorns were immortal..." She looked at her own wings, worried. She then noticed that the mare before them was an alicorn as well. "Were you there? Did you see them?"

The mare chuckled, looking back at Twilight. "Of course," She smiled. "I was one of her students. She took on many in her life time. Training them in Makavar's magic until the day she died."

"Couldn't Makavar teach them? He's immortal. I know he is." Twilight questioned, the vision passing through her mind.

"No. he died." The mare sighed, shaking her head. "I think it's time you two learned something about Immortals. And about Equestria."

Author's Note:

1. Yes, Luna is dead. You aren't reading that wrong, nor is it a mistake. She's dead. (For now...)
2. See, all is fine. I wouldn't actually kill Luna... HAIL THE LUNAR REPUBLIC!

Yes, there are some inconsistencies. with this post and the previous one. The story that was beginning there will continue in the Prequel story Madness the beginning. It will not however be a part of the Trinity Arc.