• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 632 Views, 9 Comments

Chaos Controlled - ZeirMakavar



Twilight Sparkle is a mare who just completed her training with Celestia. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of her next teacher, a strange pony named Makavar, she does yet to know the adventure that his arrival would bring to her. Or the evils...

  • ...
5
 9
 632

Into Abraighai

Chapter 2

Into Abraighai

Rainbow Dash sighed, sitting down in the meating room room bored. I had been a few weeks sense the first battle at Canterlot, and sense then the unknown creatures had put a tight grip upon Canterlot. Rainbow Dash, who had been named temporary head of Equestria's aerial forces sighed shaking her head. "No, that won't work." She said, still shaking her head. "I alreaady thought of that. They seem to have some sort of protection against sneak attacks."

"Damn..." Katjil said, slaming a hoof onto the table. "If only father was here. He'd know what to do." He sighed, shaking his head as well.

"Didn't you figh against these things before?" Nyx asked, looking from Katjil, to Luna and Celestia. "Weren't they there when you fought this 'Lord of Chaos' last time?"

Her confused look caused Katjil to laugh, however slightly. "No," He responded, shaking his head as Luna rested her's against his shoulder. "Before he used regular things. Corrupted hydras, gryphons, windigoes, the likes. This?" He pointed his hoof out a window, in the direction of Canterlot. "This is new. Something I've never seen. Father... Father would know what they are."

"I need to get into his library." Twilight said, speaking up for the first time in the meeting, causing everyone there to look at her. "There is nothing plausible to use in the books that I managed to get out before they completely took Canterlot. I thought that I had all of the books that would help." She shook her head, sighing. "But, I didn't check everywhere."

Celestia's eyes lit up, realizing what library Twilight was talking about. "No Twilight." She said, shaking her head. "Those books aren't to be read. Master sealed them away for a reason."

"What reason?" The ever curious Nyx asked, now looking solely at Celestia. "Why would books need to be sealed? Books aren't dangerous."

Celestia nodded at Nyx, sighing. "Normally yes." She sighed. "But those books are. The knowledge within them could create another Lord of Chaos. Or, that's what Master feared. Which is why he sealed them. Only he can..."

A loud scream, as well as explosions, interupted Celestia from finishing her sentance. "Princesses they have found us!" A guard said, stumbling in, his left foreleg wounded beyond repare. He colapsed, to be saved by Luna. "They... They attacked so suddenly, it's as if they are everywhere..." The guard managed to say, before passing out from blood loss.

~~~~

"Protect the princesses!" Rainbow yelled, blocking a spell from hitting them. "We must make sure they survive!" Rainbow looked around at the countless spells from countless soldiers. How are we supposed to win this? She thought to herself, as more and more of their forces fell. "Twilight." She said, landing next to her, as she began setting up a magic barrier to protect them. "Are you sure that libary is our only hope?"

Twilight nodded, the barrier complete. "Yes." She said, looking back at the others. "I'm absolutly possitive." She sighed, shaking her head. "But if what Celestia said is true... then... there is no way we can..."

"I don't believe that would be true." Katjil interupted Twilight, as he and Luna walked up to the pair. "You see, father dabbled in lots of Magic before Equestria's founding. Including Teirachy."

Luna blinked looking at Katjil, confused. "What?" She asked him, inching away. "You mean he knows magic that can... create life? Out of nothing?"

Katjil nodded. "Indeed." He sighed. "That spell, that was used to create Nyx." He said, looking back at Nyx. "Was also used to create me. Father thinks I don't know, but I read the book when I was young." Luna blinked, shaking her head. "It was a long time ago, even longer now. But I once did manage to get into his private library. That book explained why."

"Because your escentially a drop of blood from the person used." Nyx spoke up, looking at Twilight. "Which would mean... You can open Masters library!" The other ponies gasped at this revelation. Hope once again in their eyes.

"Fine..." Celestia sighed, shaking her head. "Though I don't agree with it, you should still atleast look. Just look though Twilight." She looked sternly at Twilight, her age and wisdom showing. "I don't want Master to be proven right about those books."

~~~~

"What's going on!?" Rainbow screamed, as strange lines of magic spewed from the rune Twilight drew. " Did something go wrong!?"

"I-I don't know!" Twilight screamed, as the buzzing sound from the rune grew louder.

"Tia told you not to use any spells!" Luna screamed, as she held onto Katjil. "This is exactly hat she was talking about! We should have realized before you started the spell! What if it destroyes Equestria?"

"I don't know!" Twilight said, just as rings of light began pulsing from the rune as well. "We'll just have to hope it doesn't!"

~~~~

Just as Tilight spoke those words, the lines folded back inwards, as it seemed everything was being sucked into the rune. A large explosion sounded, as a single bllining light knocked each of the ponies out.

Rainbow was the first to wake up. She looked around, seeing that they were no longer in the castles hidden library. She blinked, recognizing the surroundings as the prarie that they saw when they first entered the Dream Room. She gave a sigh of relief, as she thought that they were safe. But then, what did the spell do? She shook the thought away, as she thought of the stairs to get them out.

The didn't come.

She panicked now thinking of the Scarecrows they used to practice magic.

They didn't come.

No matter what she thought of, it did not come. For what seeed like hours, she stood there thinking of all manners of things. None of it came when called, as the dream room should dictate. "T-Twilight!" She yelled, as the slow realization hit her. "Twilight wake up!"

"What is it?" Twilight asked, rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Why are you waking me?" She mumbled, looking around.

"I-I don't think we are in Canterlot anymore." Rainbow said, worry all over her face. "In fact, I'd say we aren't in Equestria."

"What?" Twilight blinked, looking around again. "Of course we are. We're in the Dream room Dash." She turned around at their group. "Look see." She said motioning to blank space.

"See what?"

"Wha..." Twilight questioned, dumfounded. "What? But the stairs? Where are they?" She rubbed her forehead, confused.

"Tell me Twi." Rainbow said, putting her hoofs on Twilights shoulders. "What does the spell do?"

"I-I don't know." Twilight admitted. looking down. "That's the only part I couldn't translate. But of what I could, it has something to do with power and Abraighai. Isn't Master from Abraighai? Where ever that is..."

~~~~

Once the rest of the ponies woke up, they noticed the extra member of their group. A changling. "What are you doing here! Are you a spy?" Rainbow asked the changling, poking it with her hoof.

"Calm down Dash." Twilght said, shaking her head and pulling on Rainbow's tail. "I'm sure there is a logical reason why a Changling is here." She then looked at the changling, holding Rainbow back. "Why are you here? Where ever here is."

"Well, for one. I've been here the entire time. I'd think you'd be more open after that incident three years ago." The changling said, in a vaugly familiar voice. "Especially you Rainbow Dash."

"W-what?" Rainbow said, blinking, before attempting to break free from Twilight. "Tell us the truth! And stop using our friends voice!"

Both Twilight and the Changling sighed. "We can't copy voices when in our natural state Rainbow." The changling said, just as Twilight as about to say the same. "I'd think you of all people ould have listened to that part of the briefing that Luna gave to the Wonderbolts."

"I may have forgotten to give it..." Luna admitted, rubbing her head embarresed. "I'll admit, I was distracted after the whole assassination plot thing..."

The changling sighed, shaking it's head. "I guess that's acceptable..." It said. "And Rainbow, before you ask what we all know is going through your head right now, please look at Twilight. This entire time she's been casting a truth spell."

They all looked at Twilight, and sure enough, she was indeed casting said truth spell. "What?" She said shrugging. "I just wanted to be on the safe side..."

At this fact, Rainbow Dash hung her head. "I'm sorry..." She mumbled, looking at the changling, as she took upon her pony shape. "I guess I didn't want to think my teammate was a changling." Rainbow smiled, appologeticly.

"Even though there are Gryphons in the wonderbolts?" Cloudchaser asked, raising an eyebrow. "That seems kind of silly."

Each of the ponies there nodded, silently agreeing with her point. "Still it's actually a good oppertunity." Twilight said, breaking the awkward silence that befell them. "We have the chance to learn about Changlings, most don't."

"Why?" Rainbow asked, blinking. "Because a friend of ours turns out to be... Oh, right, that's exactly why..." Rainbow sighed, shaking her head, looking at Cloudchaser. "But, if your a changling, then who did you copy?"

Cloudchaser shook her head, smiling. "No one. This is my own personal form." She said, sighing. "Each one of us has one, besides the whole bug thing..." She then shrugged, before looking around. "So, what are we doing here? You meantioned a spell?" Cloudchaser said, lookng back at Rainbow Dash and Twilight.

"Oh yes..." Tilight sighed, before she continued with the explenation of the spell, as she understood it. "And luckily, the book came with us. Or else we'd be lost..."

"Lost?" Rainbow sighed. "Wait, aren't we lost anyway?"

"No." Twilight sighed, shaking her head. "There is a map. And if I'm reading it correctly, then that spell brought us to Abraighai."

Author's Note:

Damn... I need to stop listening to Nox Arcana.
Most of this chapter was made by the use of half a sleepness, and Nox Arcana. Go praise them for good music.