• Published 14th Mar 2013
  • 632 Views, 9 Comments

Chaos Controlled - ZeirMakavar



Twilight Sparkle is a mare who just completed her training with Celestia. Eagerly awaiting the arrival of her next teacher, a strange pony named Makavar, she does yet to know the adventure that his arrival would bring to her. Or the evils...

  • ...
5
 9
 632

With time, it ends.

Chapter 4

With Time, It Ends.

Can you do it? Would you sacrifice an entire world, just to save the life of a single person? Would you sacrifice the life of a single person, to save the life of a world? What if both were on the line, and you could only save one. Who would you choose?

----

The young stallion sighed, looking up from his desk as he scribbled on paper. A few of his classmates were sneering at him, before looking away when they noticed he saw them. "Why don't they just get over it..." He mumbled to himself, sighing again. "It's not my fault my father is the headmaster..." He chuckled to himself, resting his head on the desk once again.

Class today was going to be easy, as the teacher introduced a new student. Luna, was that her name? Katjil wondered, having half listened. "Why don't you sit next to Katjil Luna." The teacher said, waking him up. "I believe that seat isn't taken."

"Hi!" The young mare said, sitting down next to Katjil. "I'm Luna, what's your name?"

Katjil sighed, glancing away from Luna. "Katjil. My name is Katjil." He reluctantly said, still not looking at her. "Now, could you please leave me..."

"No." Luna said, interrupting Katjil. "No, I don't think I will leave you alone. Why can't we be friends?" She put her foreleg over his neck, smiling. "Trust me, I see us being great friends."

Katjil shook his head, sighing. He then pushed her off him, still shaking his head. "No." He said, glaring at her. "I don't think so."

~~~~

Months pass, and the filly named Luna continues to attempt to befriend Katjil, even though at first he disagreed, he slowly began to accept that she was his friend. Makavar smiled, glancing up from his newspaper, over his glasses. "So," He mused, his smile sly. "I heard that you'll be spending time with a filly today. Wasn't she one of your classmates?"

Katjil did a minor spit take at his fathers words. "W-What?" He blundered, looking away. "How... How did you find out? Did her parents mention something?"

Makavar sighed, setting down the tea he was magically holding. He then looked at his son, a somber look upon his face. "Katjil." He said, his tone flat. "For quite some time now both Celestia, and Luna, have been living in the dorms at my school. I found out only recently that it was because they were orphans. Now, how could dead people tell me anything?"

Katjil had frozen at his father's words. "I-I didn't know."

"No, of course you didn't." Makavar acknolaged, sighing. "And to answer your next question, I over heard Miss Luna talking about it to her sister. Tell me, how many Katjil's do you know?"

"I-I am the only one father."

"Exactly." Makavar smiled, looking back at the Newspaper, and taking a drink of Tea. "Now, you may go off and play with your friend." Makavar chuckled slightly. "And play nice Katjil, I don't want another incident like last year."

Katjil nodded, heading out of their small manor near the school, off to play with Luna. Makavar laughed, sighing. Setting the paper down, he magicked out what appeared to be an old book, and a pen.

~~~~

Katjil smiled, as both him and Luna walked around. Katjil looked over at the setting sun, the air around them giving a soft breeze. The smell of cooking can be smelt from behind them as they left the town in their walk. "The night..." Katjil sighed, as Luna tensed up. "It's a wonderful thing. The sounds of nature as ponies are asleep. It's as if nature only comes out at night, to give a wonderful Opera to those lucky enough to hear."

"Y-Yeah..." Luna whispered to herself sighing.

"Is something wrong?" Katjil asked, looking back at Luna from atop the hill he was on. "You seem stressed."

Luna shook her head, joining Katjil just as the stars began to appear for the night. "No, it's just that most ponies don't really like the night... It just surprised me that you'd like the night."

Katjil shrugged, laughing. "Oh, I see." He sighed. "i take it you like the night as well?"

~~~~

"Don't be a fool Makavar." Somepony said, walking up to him.

"Ah, Mayor." Makavar laughed, looking up. "Come to jabber on again?"

"A tournament?" The Mayor questions, clearly angry. "What are you thinking? A tournament? In the middle of the city? The middle of my city! You must be mad."

"I can assure you, it must happen." Makavar sighed, smiling. "After all, the last Sun and Moon died years ago. Did they not?"

The mayor gulped, looking away. Makavar hit right on the mark, as he had been thinking the same thing. "Still," He sighed shaking his head. "To allow my daughters to participate in the tournament is foolish."

Makavar laughed, picking the papers back up, as he began working on them again. "Trust me Mayor Eclipse," Makavar mused, not looking up. "You children would do well in the tournament."

~~~~

Katjil stretched, sighing. "You're doing pretty good yourself Luna." He said, laughing at the armor she was wearing. It was the same armor that would eventually be seen as Nightmare Moon's. "You've beaten your opponent's faster then me."

Luna blushed, looking away. "That was only because I tripped Kat..." She said softly, still looking away.

"Yeah?" He said, a soft smile on his face. He then nudged her, so she was looking at him. "I guess you were lucky then." He nuzzled her cheek, before Celestia walked in, a confused look on her face.

"What's wrong sister?" Luna asked ,worry crossing over her face for a second. "You seem troubled."

"Nothing..." Celestia replied, shaking her head before continuing. "It's just... when they set the winners of the preliminaries up into teams. They put three people together in teams. The chances of all three of us being on the same team are slim... And yet, we are."

Katjil shrugged, still standing near Luna. "Luck?" He said offering the idea. "Perhaps we were lucky." He laughed then, smiling.

Celestia sighed, shaking her head. Her armor, which looked similar to Luna and Katjil's clinked as she did. "Well, I don't think so." She said, looking at Katjil. "Your father organized this tournament, did he not?"

Katjil blinked, sitting down to think. "Well, yes..." He eventually said, shaking his head. "But that doesn't mean we were put on the same team dileberately." He smiled, shrugging. "Just leave it as luck."

A guard pony came into their room, looking at each of them. "It is your turn." He said, smiling. "Pray that you win, as this is the last match."

Author's Note:

Well, this originally was supposed to be another update like the Prologue. (With around 4k words.) But, I didn't feel like holding it off until then.

So, here is an update with 1,120 words instead. (Sorry as right now, I don't think there ever will be an update that large for a while...)