• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,782 Views, 59 Comments

Stuck With You - Princess Glitzy



Trixie returns to Ponyville at the same time as Twilight`s father Night Light and Twilight hopes that Trixie`s visit won`t mess up her father`s time in Ponyville.

  • ...
10
 59
 1,782

News

Nightlight looked at Twilight and Trixie. "I guess that I called you both here for a reason. I have a story to tell you." He paused and stared into their eyes.

"I was married to the lovely Twilight Velvet and already had one handsome son, Shining Armor. I was still semi young so I loved to party. One night I was with two of my closest buddies, Donut Joe and North Star, at a popular night club. I had a little too much to drink, I met a pretty mare and... some stuff happened.

I felt terrible about the whole thing afterwards and I didn`t even know this mysterious mare's name. I was too afraid to tell Twilight so I didn't. There was no way for me to go back and fix any of it.

Anyways, about a year or so after that incident I heard a knock at the door. 'I wonder who it is?' I had said. I got up off the living room couch and headed towards the front door. I opened it and found a basket. 'I wasn't expecting anything.' was all that I could say. It was late at night and when I looked to find out who had left it, I saw nothing.

It had a blanket on top of it, but it was moving a little so I was a tad bit hesitant. I did not want to cause any trouble so I used my magic to remove of the blanket. There, in front of me was a beautiful foal. She had gentle, purple eyes and she was gorgeous. I instantly fell in love with her.

I picked her up and cradled her in my arms out of instinct. A crumpled up note was uncovered once I had removed the newborn from the basket. The note read

Dear Nightlight,

You probably do not remember me. We met at the club that glorious night. The result of this night may shock you. I... was pregnant. This is my foal and you are the father.

I have fallen ill and I can't afford to take proper care of her. Ponies will not accept this, so I must tell you that she may not always be safe. Please, look after her.

Do not blame yourself. It was just a simple mistake. Learn to accept this, I beg of you.

Sincerely,

Shoeshine (Linky)

I had nearly died right then and there and, well I couldn't let Twilight Velvet know, but I couldn't just give her up. I ran upstairs and put her in Shining Armor's old crib. I placed the child in the spare bedroom and put a silencing spell on her so that she would not wake everypony else.

I hugged her and played with her. I played peak-a-boo and tickled her hooves and belly. It was a beautiful thing really, but I had to go to sleep, so I gave her a gentle kiss goodnight and went to bed.

At around three o' clock in the morning I woke up suddenly because I had felt like something was amiss. I ran into the baby's room and she was gone. The window was smashed. 'The silencing spell, it... made it that she couldn't scream' I thought. Tears formed in my eyes. My first daughter had been stolen and I could do nothing, but look at the remains of a once peaceful room that wasn't associated with criminal activities. The criminal had probably gotten too far by now and I certainly couldn't let the public know.

I put a silencing spell on myself and screamed as loud as I could. Tears poured down my face. Nightmares of my daughter getting taken away filled my head while I slept. I have accepted that my whole life. I have always assumed that she was being held captive or dead.

I have never told anypony else any of these secrets, for they are shocking and cruel."


Nightlight stared at the two mares with sad eyes. Twilight was crying hysterically and Trixie had even shed a tear or two. "Dad... why haven't you told me before? I could've accepted it! How did you suffer through it? Did you love me as much as that other foal?!" Her words were not thought out and shouted out in the heat of the moment. Nightlight put his hoof on his daughter.

"I knew that it would hurt you. You are my daughter and I didn't want you to feel like you were just sloppy seconds or any other negative things because you are a bright, young mare. I had you, your brother and your mother to stick by me so I didn't need to feel the pain." The two embraced each other. Nightlight looked away from her for a second.

"That's not the end." The two mares listened intently. Twilight for family reasons and Trixie for pure curiosity and why he had invited her here.

"When Twilight moved to Canterlot, I found a newspaper talking about a great magician in Equestria. I went to see her show. The colors, the magic, everything... amazing.

I knew that I recognized her. The way she looked, the way she smiled, I knew that it was her in my heart. This mare in front of me was my baby and she was safe.

I began crying tears of joy and left in the middle of the show. I finally had closure, but I didn't want to meet her because I didn`t know how she would react and I already had a family." Twilight beamed ecstatically.

"I have a sister?! Do you know who she is?! Have I met her?!" Nightlight grabbed his daughter`s hooves.

"Twilight, sweetie, she's in this room." A tear slid down his face. "Trixie is your sister."

TO BE CONTINUED...

(in the next chapter)