• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 519 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: The Gemstones of Magic - RamenVA



Twilight, now as a Princess, must take another pony under her wing and help that pony fulfill her destiny. But, it won't be an easy relationship like Twilight had with Celestia. Twilight faces her ultimate test of magic and friendship.

  • ...
5
 2
 519

7 Welcome to Ponyville!!!

No one said anything after Emi finished the story.

Ruby was still in Onyx’s arms, crying softly. Twilight walked over to Ruby and put her hoof on her shoulder. Ruby turned and looked at Twilight, a tear rolling down her face.

“Oh Ruby,” Twilight said with a smile on her face, “Things like that happen sometimes. I mean, when I started using magic, wooo, did I make mess!”

“Same here,” Rarity said. “I mean, it took me a month to use magic to just make a stitch.”

“Really?” Safire said to Rarity. “It took me that long too!”

“Are you serious?”

“Dead serious! How long did it take you to be able to change the color of fabric?

“Oh that took so long that it felt like-“

Apple Jack cleared her throat loudly at Rarity and Safire. They both laughed sheepishly and stopped their conversation.

“Anyways,” Apple Jack said. “Everyone makes mistakes now and again. And sure, sometimes bad things happen because of those mistakes. But good things can come from your mistakes too.”

“Apple Jack’s right,” Twilight said. “You rushed into advanced magic when you weren’t mentally or physically prepared for it. Magic can be exciting, but you have to take one step at a time with it. Magic takes-“

“Time and discipline…” Ruby said through her sniffles, and then she sighed. “But what if I can never control it? What if I end up hurting all of you?”

Rainbow scoffed. “Not even magic can keep us down for long! We all got your back Ruby.”

“We know you can do it,” Rarity said.

“Yeah, especially with Twilight as your mentor,” Fluttershy said.

“She’s right you know,” Shining said. “If anyone knows a thing or two about magic, it’s Twilly.”

Ruby looked around the room at her brothers and sisters, and then at her new friends of Ponyville. She looked up at Onyx, and he was smiling down at her.

“I know you can do it kiddo,” He said stroking her mane.

Ruby sniffled and rubbed her nose. She sighed and got to her feet.

“Okay,” she said to Twilight. “I’ll give it a try.”

Everyone in the room cheered and some of the ponies even gave Ruby a hug.

“So… what now?” Ruby said.

“What else?” Pinkie Pie said with a big smile. Pinkie pushed everyone outside and the entire town of Ponyville was there with streamers and balloons everywhere. “A Welcoming Party!!!” Pinkie screamed, throwing confetti in the air.

The siblings looked confused and surprised.

“How did she…?” Emi said to Twilight.

“Don’t ask…” Apple Jack said.

“Pinkie is Pinkie,” Twilight said with a smile.

Then, in a big loud chorus, the entire town screamed “Welcome to Ponyville!”

Princess Diamond returns to her castle with a smile on her face. As she walked past the ponies of her kingdom, they all bowed and welcomed the Princess back. She thanked them and continued toward chambers. As she started to close the doors behind her, she heard someone call her name. She turned around and one of her royal guards came running toward her.

“What is it…?” she said, slightly irritated.

“Ma’am,” he said, saluting her. “I came to tell you the status of the changelings ma’am.”

“And…?”

“It seems that they have all suddenly retreated. It seems they are no longer a threat to the kingdom.”

“That’s good to hear.”

“Should I cancel you’re meeting with Princess Celestia?”

“Yes. Tell her that we no longer need Canterlot’s help any longer. Now, if you’ll excuse me.”

“Of course ma’am.”

With a final salute, the royal guard took his leave and Diamond slammed the door behind him. She turned and walked toward her wardrobe. When she opened it, she used her magic to open a portal within the wardrobe to reveal a secret cavern. Once inside, she stretched her wings with a sigh and walked toward a green cocoon.

“Goodness! I don’t know how you hire such morons,” she tapped the cocoon, “Princess Diamond.”

Princess Diamond was trapped inside of the cocoon, struggling to free herself.

“You can stop struggling, not even Celestia could break out of a changeling cocoon.

“What are you planning Chrysalis?” Diamond demanded.

Chrysalis laughed. “Why, isn’t it obvious? After my defeat in Canterlot, I realized that I need more than just somepony’s love. I need the core, the link that connects magic to this land. The gemstones of magic.”

“You’ll never be able to get them Chrysalis!”

“Oh really? My changeling powers have increased since I posed as Princess Cadence. Now, I can pretend to be you much more effectively. And there’s nothing you, or your silly Phillies can do to stop me from ruling all of Equestria! Not even your dear, sweet Ruby can stop me.”

“She will stop you.”

Chrysalis scoffed. “Please! Even if Twilight gets her to use magic again, she won’t be prepared for what I have in store for her.”

“I swear if you hurt her…”

“Oh, I don’t plan to hurt her. I plan to use her. Like it or not, your sweet little philly is going to help me take over this land. Whether she knows it, or not.”

Chrysalis turned her back to Diamond and made her way out of the cavern.

“You won’t get away with this!” Diamond yelled. “Somepony will stop you!”

A week has passed and Ruby and Shining Armor were both finally out of the hospital. Twilight, Ruby, and Onyx were at the train station with Shining Armor.

“Are you sure you have to go?” Ruby asked.

Shining nodded. “Cadence needs me back at the Crystal Empire. Besides, I’ll be back to check up on you guys.”

“Why would you need to do that?” Twilight asked.

“I don’t think what happened was a random attack,” Shining Armor said.

“Oh, you mean those creepy black things?” Ruby said.

Shining nodded. “They were after Ruby and I’m pretty sure they’ll come back.”

“Don’t worry,” Onyx said, bringing Ruby into a hug. “Nothing gonna happen to her on my watch.”

Shining smiled as the train came into the station. He gave Ruby and Onyx a hug, and then gave Twilight a big hug.

“You take care of yourself Twilly.”

“You too BBBFF. And tell Cadence I said hi.”

“Will do.”

Shining Armor got onto the train and it then pulled out moments later. Twilight watched the train go over the horizon and sighed.

“Alright!” she said, facing Ruby and Onyx. “Let’s get started Ruby!”

Ruby shrugged. “Eh, I don’t feel like it right now.”

“What do you mean? You said yesterday that you wanted to start today.”

“Well… I change my mind. We can start tomorrow. I’m gonna go see if Rainbow Dash wants to have a real race. See ya!”

With that said, Ruby took off into the sky and Twilight ran after her.

“Ruby! Get back here!!!”

“Uh, Princess Twilight?” Onyx said. “Not to be rude, but you could just fly after her.”

“Huh?” Twilight said, looking behind her. She fluttered her wings and then said, “Oh yeah… hehehehe…”

Twilight flew up as fast as she could, not realizing that this wouldn’t be the only time she’d have to chase Ruby down for magic lessons.

Author's Note:

Sorry for not posting a new chapter sooner! April and the beginning of May was crazy! Finals, went on a cruise, then got a cold, bleh!

Anywho, I'm on vacation so I'll be releasing chapters out more quickly... hopefully lol

Also, I'm working on getting pictures of the Original Characters out and having a cover for the story so... look out for it!

If anyone has any advice on how to do that, please tell me! Cause I feel like I'm doing it the hard way :P lol