• Published 3rd Mar 2013
  • 518 Views, 2 Comments

My Little Pony: The Gemstones of Magic - RamenVA



Twilight, now as a Princess, must take another pony under her wing and help that pony fulfill her destiny. But, it won't be an easy relationship like Twilight had with Celestia. Twilight faces her ultimate test of magic and friendship.

  • ...
5
 2
 518

4 Return of the Changlings

"I refuse to learn magic from you Princess Twilight."

"What do you mean?" Twilight said walking toward the alicorn. "You are Ruby, right?"

"What of it?" Ruby took two steps back as Twilight got closer.

"Then, I'm suppose to be your mentor. Princess Celestia-"

"I don't care what Princess Celestia has to say! I'm not going to learn magic from you, or anyone else!"

Ruby flew up and out of the forest, making sure not to get caught in any vines.

"Ruby, wait!" Twilight flew after her, as quickly as she could.

"Twilight!" Rainbow Dash said, about to go after her. But Apple Jack grabbed her tail and pulled her back down. "Hey! Apple Jack!"

"This is something Twilight has to handle," Apple Jack said after letting go of Rainbow.

"She's right," Shining Armor said. "I guess this is what Celestia meant by Twilight first task as a mentor."

"Well, that doesn't mean we have to wait here..." Rarity said. "Let's get out of this icky place."

They all nodded and started to head back to Ponyville.


"Ruby! Ruby, where are you?"

Twilight flew over the town, looking for any signs of Ruby. But, Twilight wasn't used to flying as long as she was, so she eventually had to land and continue her search on foot. She asked everypony she saw if Ruby had come by, and she had no luck. For all she knew, Ruby could be at Canterlot by now.

"Twilight!"

Twilight turned around and saw Rarity, Rainbow, Apple Jack, Fluttershy, Pinkie, and Spike coming her way.

"Hey girls..." Twilight said half-heartedly.

"I'm guessing you had no luck findin' Ruby?" Apple Jack asked.

Twilight shook her head and a frown appeared on her face. "I don't understand. Why doesn't she want to learn magic from me?"

"Maybe she thinks she better than you," Rainbow said.

"No, I don't think that's it. I saw it in her eyes. She was... scared."

"Scared? Scared of what?" Pinkie asked.

"That's what I need to find out."

"Well," Spike began, "Maybe we can ask-UGH!"

Spike burped out some fire and a scroll from Princess Celestia appeared.

"A letter from the Princess?" Twilight said, confused.

Spike opened the letter and began to read.

Dear Princess Twilight,

Please do not judge Ruby by her outer appearance. It turns out that Ruby is somewhat afraid of using magic. She's had a long and terrifying life when it comes to magic, and I felt that you were the only one who could help her. I know that she will refuse to learn from you, but if you offer her your friendship and trust, I'm sure she'll come around eventually.

As you probably already seen, Ruby is indeed an alicorn, but she became one in a different way than you did Twilight. You see, Ruby was born with an immense amount of magical energy and in turn, was born an alicorn. You're duty is to not only mentor her in the uses of magic, but also protect her. Physically and mentally.

I wish you luck.

~Princess Celestia

"Wait a minute! That tornado she made was magic right?" Rarity said. "So, if she was afraid to use magic, how did she do that?"

"I don't know," Twilight said. "But the Princess entrusted her to me. So I have to find her no matter what."

"We'll help yah," Apple Jack said, walking next to Twilight.

"We all wanna help you help Ruby Twilight," Fluttershy added.

"I don't..." Rainbow said, crossing her hoofs.

"Come on Rainbow Dash. You wanna help Twilight, right?" Rarity said.

Rainbow sighed and flew over to them. "Fine. But after we find her, I want nothing to do with her!"

Twilight nodded and looked forward.

"Okay guys, let's go!"

But before she could make her first step, they heard a loud scream that made all of them jump.

"What in the hay was that?" Apple Jack said.

"I think it's coming from the library!" Spike said, pointing to where light was shining.

Without a moment to lose, they all charged toward the library to see what was going on. When they got there, they saw Ruby and Shining Armor completely surrounded by changlings. Shining Armor was injured, but fighting them as hard as he could to protect Ruby.

"These things again?" Pinkie exclaimed.

"What are changlings doing here?" Spike said.

Without saying anything, Twilight charged toward the hoard, and the others followed her. Twilight blasted her way through them, trying to get to Shining Armor and Ruby. But when she finally got to them, it was too late. Shining Armor was down for the count, and a few changlings had grabbed Ruby and were flying off with her.

"Help me!" she yelled to Twilight, struggling to get free.

Twilight took a running start and jumped into the air. She flapped her wings as hard and fast as she could, but she could keep up with the changlings speed. Twilight thought to herself, "If only I practiced flying a little more!. When all hope of rescuing Ruby seemed lost, a shining white light hit the changlings that were carrying Ruby and the changlings that were on the ground fighting the other ponies. Twilight covered her eyes from the light, but when it dimmed she looked and her eyes widened.

"Princess... Celestia?" Twilight asked.

But after a closer look, she saw that it wasn't Celestia, but someone who was very similar to her.

Her main was white and sparkled like diamonds in the sun light, and her coat was a pure white. So white that you couldn't miss the ruby red coat of Ruby on her back.

The strange Celestia landed with Ruby on her back and Twilight did the same.

"You're... not the Princess... are you?" Twilight asked.

"No, I am not Princess Twilight," she replied.

"You know my name?"

"Of course I do. Everyone in Equestria knows who you are Princess Twilight. And I know you because you're the mentor of my dear Ruby."

"Your... dear Ruby?"

"Yes."

She placed the unconscious Ruby in front of Twilight. the radiance of this pony marveled Twilight to no end.

"Umm, who are you exactly?"

The pony began to walk away, but turned around and gave Twlight a smile.

"My name is Diamond, Princess Diamond."

Before Twilight could ask any more questions, the pony was engulfed in a white light again, and vanished out of thin air.