• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,758 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
63
 791
 13,758

PreviousChapters Next
(86) Our life: Crisis averted. sorta.

------Eclipse (12:29 PM) ------
The solid half hour that Celestia was poking and prodding the clouds with magic, I learned something very informative. I can shift my body. Not just fire or ice, I mean, complete body shifts. I turned my hand into a hoof. Then a dragon claw, then back to a hand. After the initial freak out on that, I’ve begun teleportation practice. I can now shift entire rooms. I teleported Celestia with me, out into the gardens, and then back into the workshop before she noticed. Thankfully I’m no longer getting sick during my teleports. It takes a moment for my body and mind to register that I have moved, but other than that… This power is certainly scary as fuck. There are so many little…. Niggly feelings and alarms that go off in my head whenever I think about it. And the worst part about it is… I’m loving it. The power, I love it. It feels so GOOD to be able to adjust things that irritate me like that. At one point I had lowered gravity in the entire room, making it so I was zero-g`ing around Celestia, who was still nailed to the floor.

It’s amazing how well she can focus on these things. But man… Zero gravity is fuggin fun. I just let myself drift around the room. Eventually she had snapped out of it, and I fell back to the ground when she called me. Stupid spark. Either way, she gave me the news and we headed to my house. When I got there I was almost glad that Celestia took her leave… I needed this to be just the girls and myself.

I got downstairs and found every one of the elements of harmony on their own couches. AJ and pinkie were sharing the far left, rainbow (Who still looked at me like I was a demon…) and fluttershy were on the right, and both rarity and Twi had their own central chair. Me? I walked into the front and positioned myself against the fireplace. I looked over the girls and was trying my best to think of a way to word this that wouldn’t include traumatizing them. Thankfully Applejack broke the awkward silence.

“Now what’s this all about eclipse? Ya sent Twi a message and she rounded all ah us up. What’s goin on?” She was curious, more than angry. I was still rubbing my head.

“This is… Going to be difficult to explain girls…And when I do, no matter what you may think of me, I would like for you not to tell anypony else… What I say may frighten or even make you extremely angry. Like dash here.” I gestured at the glaring dash.

“So, no matter what is said, whether or not you choose to remain my friends or not… I would really like you to promise that, at the least, you won’t tell anypony else.” I finished with a sigh and looked at the six mares in front of me. Fluttershy was smiling at me warmly… That just made me feel worse!

“Of course eclipse, ya are our friend aintcha? Ah aint gonna go spilling yer secrets! Why, telling somepony a friend’s secret is the fastest way ta lose a friend!” I was really happy to hear that, but I didn’t have much time to contemplate it over pinkie suddenly yelling “FOREVER!” and laughing.

“Eclipse, I’m not sure what it is you want to tell us, but I’m sure it won’t make us think any less of you!” Twilight was smiling at me while she said that. I just sighed.

“Just everypony say you won’t go telling anyone…If we can get that out of the way, I would rather you reserve the ‘there’s no way we can dislike you’ talks until after you dislike me.” They all looked a little hurt; thankfully my hand was in my pocket. So I at least had one pony comforting me.

“Okay… I think we can all agree to keep your secret eclipse.” I just nodded as rarity said that… It was good enough.

“Alrighty… Well, and when I say this, please don’t question it. I would rather not try and prove it otherwise you may hate me as much as she does.” Again I pointed to rainbow. She was seething. I understood. They all nodded again.

“All right…Well, see… Oh Jesus… I am discord.” They all started laughing.

“Oh Eclipse! Darling you had me frightened! What on earth could make you say something like that?” I told her not to question it…

“Well, for one thing this damned spark in my chest is the same one he has, the second reason would be because a single spark exists, and I AM a resurrected version of discord. The spark, when he died, resurrected inside ME while I was a child. Then, through some series of unfortunate events, good books by the way. I was transported to Equestria where I learned that I was in fact something similar to his kid. I’m a younger, albeit older version of the discord you fought… Seriously, time travel is confusing.” I started rubbing my head.

“But discord isn’t dead; we simply locked him back into his stone prison. The only way he would have died is if the statue broke.” Twilight… Was right…

“Well shit!” Suddenly, the dots were connected.

“What is it eclipse?” I stood up and stared at her a moment.

“Hold on a second.” I focused and the entire room shifted to the statue garden. The girls were still on their couches, Twi just looked impressed.

I turned to face the discord statue and laughed. His head was still at the base, imbedded in the ground. And now it made sense.

“I gave birth to myself by killing myself.” How fucked is THAT!? Timey wimey shit…

“Eclipse, I’m not sure exactly what you mean by all this, but I just can’t accept you are discord… Sure your powers are definitely… Not ours. But there’s no way! He was…Mean and evil...” They all nodded. I just turned to smile. There’s only one way to convince them that it’s real then. Fuck.

“Applejack, discord caused you to become dishonest, he used apple-based puppets and a lake to do so.
Rarity, well really now, he got into your head and made you obsessed with a boulder named tom.
Fluttershy, you are definitely better off cute and cuddly vs. being evil and… mean.
Pinkie pie, we would never laugh at you, and I’m sorry you thought that they would.
Twilight, your friends mean a hell of a lot to you; don’t ever let them think different.
Rainbow… I’m sorry.” They all stared at me in awestruck silence as I shifted the area back into the front room. I walked to the edge of the fireplace and sat down, waiting for one of them to respond. I expected silence, maybe them just leaving… But I always expect that. Being human makes you expect the worst. So, I closed my eyes and laid my head against the wall. One hand in my pocket petting little Luna, the other against on my knee.

I started hearing whispers, I just tuned them out. Eventually I heard pinkies hair pop and deflate.

My first thought was of course, well fuck, there goes my friends.

And then I was hugged. I didn’t open my eyes, I just hugged back. She didn’t smell like cotton candy anymore… It was more like strawberry cake frosting… I liked it.

“I don’t blame you eclipse. Discord was a big meanie head, but just because you may have been him, doesn’t mean your him now. You are always gonna be my friend.” I stopped petting little Luna in order to get my other arm around pinkie. I hugged her so hard I couldn’t even tell if I was crying through the sheer amount of mane inflating in my face. She giggled as we hugged each other. Not surprising that pinkie would be the first to forgive. Eventually I broke the hug and smiled at her. She smiled back before kissing me on my forehead.

“Now stop being all saddy-pants! You need to smile!” She laughed and went to sit back down. The next to approach me, much to my surprise was a now much calmer looking rainbow dash.

“So…” She looked at the floor when she stopped next to me. “You have his memories?” I shook my head. I suppose… there’s no reason to lie right?

No. Fuck that. They will never know they were just a cartoon. So long as twilight and applejack never question how I knew their names when we first met, I will NEVER tell them that they were just a show.

“Some of them. Only about you girls.” That vinegar was worth it.

“I see… Well, I mean… I guess… I’m sorry.” Her voice was barely audible when she got to the I’m sorry. It didn’t matter; I pulled her into a hug as well. I will love these girls, even if they hate me.

“Eclipse… I know this is a really weird question, but have you used that pony potion yet?” all of them were smiling at me, and twilight is asking me awkward questions… I think I’m good.

“No, I haven’t. I’m guessing you would like me too?” She smiled really bright as I let dash, who also kissed me on the forehead, go.

“Oh yes please, I wanted to write you a story but it’s really hard, so I thought maybe it would be easier if I used you as a pony!” A story?

“Oh twilight dear you write? May I read some sometime?” she started laughing. I intervened.

“Well of course twilight, I will go get it right now, after all, it would be difficult to even start without knowing your characters.” She blushed a moment as I stood. Distraction successful. I headed upstairs while they all discussed twilights book writing. She tried very hard to change the subject. But by the time I had grabbed the vial and headed downstairs they were already discussing publishing possibilities. Poor girl.

“Alrighty, I got the potion… Zecora said it would be painful and last for 12 hours per drop.” Judging by the size, I would say I could barely fill a shot glass with the stuff. Roughly a week or twos worth.

“Well come on then, wait you said pain?” I laughed and went into the kitchen. Very carefully placing a single drop onto the spoon.

“Okay…” They were all waiting. And I’m kind of excited myself… But then again… What if I end up looking funny? Ugh… Damn. Oh well. I capped the bottle, took off my jacket placing little Luna, the bottle of potion, and my jacket onto the island in the kitchen I turned back to the purple liquid…At least my friends don’t hate me over being the creature that caused them to question their friendships..

“I’m gonna regret this.”

PreviousChapters Next