• Published 30th Jan 2012
  • 13,758 Views, 791 Comments

The nature of the beast. - Kintra



The adventures of a sarcastic pessimist who visits a world full of creatures who love and tolerate.

  • ...
63
 791
 13,758

PreviousChapters Next
Scroll Two: Awakening

Ironic how the one time that you do something stupid it defines you. But you do something great, people acknowledge you for a week, then your back to being "That guy." I didn't want to hurt spike. It’s not my fault our realities are different. I mean It’s not like a planned on entering this world and being given super human EVERYTHING, okay sure, I no longer tire over a full day of hard work and I can literally slap trees as hard as AJ bucks them. I didn't know! How was I supposed to know that a human innocent poke to a baby dragon was something like assault on a baby... So many stupid mistakes, so little time.


When I woke up I was in a well-lit, gray room. No, gray cement. There were odd machines and such all in one corner as well as a roof which, I shit you not looked like someone cut a tree in half and just shoved a piece down as the roof, makes sense now that I’ve seen the rest of the house.. But still as I regained consciousness I looked around the room and notice that the only exit was upstairs and I was in a cage. "What the fuck?!" I said trying to stand; turns out I went too quick. The room spun and I landed back on my butt.

This gave me another opportunity to look about the room. The "Cage" I was locked in, and I use the word cage loosely because this cage was literally only five feet tall, but I had almost the entire room to walk around in minus the corner with all the gizmos, and the stair case which had a cage-door about four feet in front of it. It was a prison cell for the short, the cage not being wire-mesh but bars which upon further inspection were also cement. Each bar was woven into another every foot, giving me enough room to look, but not to escape. In the corner closest to me I saw a bowl of water and a small bunch of apples, about eight of them to be exact. I stood (Crouched) and walked (Waddled) over to them and tried to grab an apple with my right hand then I stopped. I was burned right? On my right hand the only evidence of it being burned was the flesh was a bright pinkish hue.


I didn't bother thinking about it as I sat and ate an apple watching the corner of the door from where I was waiting for it to open. Not sure how long I had sat there, two? Three hours at best before I heard footsteps on the floor above and shouting. Well, I assumed it was shouting. It was loud sounded like someone was pissed. The steps got louder as they moved. Never to the door unfortunately so I couldn't make out what was said. But to be honest it just sounded like a bunch of noises anyway. The shouting went on for maybe twenty to thirty minutes before it stopped. Which of course it stopped while I was trying to pick the lock on my "Cage" with a piece of my hair.

Didn't work by the way, too flimsy. (Dur.) After about all of ten seconds thanks to my short attention span and lack of bobby-pin+screwdriver combination I was waddling back to my water bowl where I sat and watched the door...Again. This time thankfully it opened. And my mind went into its happy place attempting to block out the orange and violet ponies walking down the stairs, unfortunately that pretty much was my happy place so I ended up just staring slack-jawed as they walked down the stairs to my door. My door, funny how it went from the cages to mine in all of five seconds.

The two ponies stood about two feet from the door almost standing on the base of the staircase they had just come down looking at me like I was some form of crazy alien from another planet trying to eat the soul of Equestria itself. Then Twilight Sparkle, star pupil of Princess Celestia looked at me. And made some noises I'm not gonna bother trying to translate. She continued making these noises until applejack turned to her and said "Twi," followed by funny noises. This of course was when it hit me. "You don't speak English do you?" I said. One eyebrow tilting upwards without my consent.

The two stared at me. "Twilight sparkle, Applejack?" I said pointing to both of these ponies and both of their eyes grew wider as I said their names in order. Then Twi went off shouting her funny language again, which looking back was really a lot of neighs and barks. Still kind of melodic in its own way though. I looked at her and put my hands to my chest she shut up, was I that threatening? "I'm Kyle. Kyle." I spoke slower on the second mention. I don't think they have names in Equestria, Just phrases describing you. Or something about you that makes you special.

Thankfully my inner bronie was pretty squelched by the fact I was locked in a cage. Otherwise I would have tackled twilight when she sat down and put on her "This doesn't make sense" face. Cute as hell...

We sat there staring at each other for a good twenty minutes till I moved to the door and sat back down looking between the two ponies, able to see much better since my glasses were missing, I studied them both carefully. You don't realize how much more REAL they look when they are real. I know that's stupid to say, but I can’t explain it otherwise. Seeing the individual tufts of hair on their bodies, the shine in those beautiful eyes, the colorful strands of hair, everything about these two ponies just seemed. Better, better then everything.

My entire life on earth, me thinking of my parents, how much I didn't accomplish, everything didn't matter when I was looking at these two. My life just seemed...Brighter. Eventually spike came down the stairs with an Ice pack on his head, to which I immediately tried to ask if I did that, putting my weight against the bars as my eyes widened. And I tried to make sense of who hurt him; I heard the door break off its hinges. And then a hoof landed on my face after a scream. Thankfully not my scream. Now, I’m not one to judge, but is a full power hoof to the face really needed? I don't blame her anymore. But still, I'm missing one of my teeth.

I woke again with the three at the top looking down while spike wrote on a piece of paper what twilight said to him in her...Barking, I’ll go with barking. They all looked really shaken. I wanted to protect them, but from me? After a short while I stood and began looking around again, the door no longer existed. It was just a cement slab where the door was. I felt my face to see if everything was still intact and was pretty happy considering, until I checked my teeth.

I made a face somewhere between "Surprise" and "Son-of-a-bitch!" or maybe it was just a frown, and a leer at the orange pony. Spike finished his letter rolling it up with his weird red silk before breathing on it and putting the bag back on his head. How hard had I poked him? It was to my friends one of those annoying "Knock it the hell off" pokes, sort of painful but it shouldn’t have hurt him that bad... right?

I looked at my hands for anything different, but they were the same. I took a quick look at myself noticing the only change since the fountain was a layer of dust and a bit of blood on the front of my shirt. Most likely from my tooth... I finally thought, "Ya know If spike is hurt from a poke am I like superman or something?" as I pressed my hand into the cement bars figuring there's no time for a test like the present right?

Inner idiot: 2 Common sense: 0 I pressed as hard as I could on the cement over my head, but I didn't need to, the moment I started pushing the bars snapped and crumpled from above me allowing me to stand all the way up which was nice, my back hurt. I stood and looked at the two ponies who were staring at me, spike had run. I didn't blame him. We didn't meet on the best of terms. And then a bright flash filled the room.

PreviousChapters Next