• Published 1st Feb 2012
  • 902 Views, 11 Comments

The New Generation - TheBlackPanda



A sequel to 'A Hero's Story', Brandon and his daughters fight an oncoming apocalypse, and Discord.

  • ...
6
 11
 902

Chapter 5: Second Chance

Katherine flew fast. Faster than she had wanted to. Landing on the balcony outside Celestia's room, she opened the door. "Can I help you?" A quiet voice said, dripping with venomous hate.

"I just came to talk, no fighting." Katherine replied cautiously, not wanting to provoke any sudden anger.

"Really, you think you can just waltz in and take me back? After leaving me without a love for over a thousand fucking years? Not a chance!" Celestia shouted, charging her friend.

Katherine stopped the blow with the palm of her hand, causing a shockwave to shake the foundation of the castle. "Really? Calm yourself. I'm not here to get you back. I'm here to talk this over, avoid fighting, please!"

Celestia stopped mid punch, "About what?"

"You verbally abusing your nephew."

"Really? He asked for it!"

"You sound like a little kid. Does he piss you off that much, that you had to go and call him out on things he did before?"

"Well..."

"Do you have any fucking idea how much of a bitch you were yesterday? Celestia, you ruined what was supposed to be family fun! Has Luna said anything?

"...No..."

"I'll have to tell her."

"What?"

"Brandon is one of my closest friends, and another one of my close friends is his mother. She has to know."

Celestia sighed, "Why...?"

"Huh?"

"Why did you come back?"

Katherine stayed silent for a moment, "...Because I still care. I was angry, but when I left, I realized the good outweighed the bad. Long story short, I still..."

Celestia put a hand on her shoulder. Katherine looked up to meet Celestia's eyes glisening with tears. Katherine threw herself into her arms and cried. Luna stood at the doorway, and saw the two girls. She smiled.

------------------------Brandon-------

I woke up laying against a tree in the Everfree. My head hurt from crying myself to sleep, and I was hungry. I walked to the edge of the forest and saw Fluttershy's tree. Knowing Darkside was there, and hoping that he wouldn't maul me for trying to enter, I walked to the door and gave three hard knocks.

A sharp snore, followed by a sleepy yawn/groan of confusion answered me. "Who the fuck would be knocking at three in the morning?" He shoved the door open, and his face darkened, "Oh, it's you."

"Yeah, yeah. Borderline hate aside, can I get some food?" I said, annoyed by his response.

"Come inside dude, I was just in a mood to kill for waking me up." He beckoned for me to follow as he walked inside. The house smelled clean, and no one was there besides him. I assumed the animals were asleep. He sat me down and brought some food out. Laying some burgers on the table, he sat down with me.

"Uh, isn't Fluttershy vegetarian?" I asked, confused as to why the husband of a treehugger would be eating burgers.

"Well, shit happens. Eat up bro."

I dove into those burgers with vigor. I tore into the meat as the juicy seasonings filled my mouth with a salty taste. Done with about five I laid back. We talked about things, his life, mine, why Night Runner and Dark Storm seemed a little too close, and last night. He knew about those things, but was shocked as to why Celestia out of all people would expose me. I replied, saying that it was probably personal, and I'll deal with it in the morning. As I got up to leave, I saw the sun rising, and was about to walk out the door when he grabbed my arm, "Brandon, listen. If you need anything, we are the nicest house in Equestria. Don't be afraid to crash here. Just because you're grown now doesn't mean I have to stop helping you out every once in a while." I laughed. Waving goodbye, I flew toward Canterlot.

---------------------------------------------

Landing in front of the entrance, the guard asked for my password. I gave it to him. Walking inside, I stopped at the royal chambers...

...Only to hear moaning from the other side. Since Katherine had the exact same voice as Kaitlin, I knew that she was one of the people. But it was another girl as well, and it sounded very familiar. I opened the door, to see a once-in-a-lifetime scene. (Which can't be disclosed here unless you want a Mature rating.)

"You have got to be kidding me." I said in pure shock, awe, and disbelief all at once. "You two swing that way?"

Celestia and Katherine were blushing madly, neither one had moved an inch since I walked in. Luna walked up next, and looked at me. I looked at my mother in her eyes. And we both busted out laughing.

"Wh-What's so funny?" Katherine said.

"Yeah, this is still my room." Celestia added.

I got a couple laughs out, then straightened up again. Looking at Celestia, I asked, "Why were you so cruel last night?"

Celestia looked at me, then sighed, "Long story short, I saw someone that I hadn't seen in a while. We had a very depressing breakup, and I had barely recovered from the effects of that depression when I met Twilight Sparkle for the first time. Regardless, I was very angry that she had returned at first, but she got me to cave in, and we've been at it ever since."

"When did this start?"

"Oh, about 12:00 midnight."

"'Tia, it's almost noon. You've been having sex for twelve goddamn hours!"

Celestia gasped, "Shit, I'm late!"

"For what?"

"Meeting about the Gala. Brandon, come with me."

I nodded and followed her.

-----------------------------------------------

The meeting was fucking boring. Then we got to my little part. Celestia started, "Well, this is my nephew, Brandon. He will be crowned as a Prince of Equestria tomorrow."

Everyone in the room, including me, dropped their jaws. "Celestia, are you for real?" I asked.

She smiled and nodded. Prince Blueblood was pissed. He went on and on about allowing a "total ruffian into an elite board such as the government". He was basically calling me a worthless civillian in front of my face. Celestia's jaw tightened in her fake smile, and I knew she wanted the little bitch to shut up. Using a telepathy that I figured out to use about five seconds ago, I told her mentally, Allow me.

I sighed and took an intake of breath once Celestia replied, Hurry up before I kill him. Shut him up however you feel necessary."

Given the OK, I uncrossed my legs, "Blueblood, shut up. I'm tired of hearing you talk. You're only making yourself look bad."

He looked at me, "Do not talk to your superior that way. Be lucky you're even allowed to be here. I will have the guards remove you if you speak again."

"It's not your call, it's Celestia's."

"I will make it my call."

Celestia snapped her fingers. The room enlarged, and there was much more space. I got what she said, finally.

Any means necessary.

Blueblood snapped his fingers. Two guards gave him a rapier. I simply allowed my sword to appear.

"En garde!" He shouted, taking off. He was fast on his feet, but he had no experience compared to me. He swung downward, but I sidestepped, and kicked him. He flipped in midair and landed on the ground. He charged me, but I grabbed the blade of his rapier and looked him in the eye. Giving him my best scornful gaze, I threw him across the room. I sat down, and motioned for Celestia to return the room to normal.

-------------------------------------------

One more place to go: Home. I flew to Rainbow's cloud house and knocked on the door. Rainbow opened it, "What?"

"Hey, Rainbow. How's it going?" I asked, trying to keep the conversation from being awkward.

"You deliberately refused to tell me about your little secret, didn't you?"

"Yes."

"Why?"

"Because I was trying to forget my mistakes."

"Well, thanks to you, our family name is ruined."

I stayed silent, "But, all the same, I guess we'll have to rebuild it, huh?" Rainbow added.

I looked at her, tears filling my eyes. Throwing myself into her, I started crying, "I am so glad I married you!" I said in between sobs. She held on tighter.