• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 774 Views, 3 Comments

Aliens Equestrian Marines - ShadowLeomus



Set years after the latest fim episode (season 3 episode 13) Pony kind has finally reached the stars and established colonies on many worlds. AS far as pony kind was concerned there was no life out there... they were wrong

  • ...
9
 3
 774

Chapter 6: (Unedited)

Chapter 6: (Unedited)

"You win again!"
"What can I say, I'm just that good"
"Yea... If good means Lucky"
"Na man I'm just goodsall"
Midnight watched the two go about there game, after the last time she didn't join in, she'd lost thirty bits to one of them.
Redheart had removed her bandages and stitches already and a day after had taken her wing's sling off alowing her to move it again.
She took a bite out of her ration bar, the poorly made apple ration bar wasn't much but it was all they had on the dropship.
"Guys, we're about to come round the gas giant" Dusty's voice crackled on troop bay speakers "I'm getting alot of interference form the this gas ball so I don't know... what... Oh sweet Celestia...".
Midnight rushed to the intercom just as Goldroot reached it.
"What's going on up there lieutenant?"
The pilot stayed quite for a minuet "you guys better see this for yourselves"
they all climd into the cockpit, and saw what the pilot was so shocked about.
There were wrecks of ships of diffrent shapes and sizes drifting about.
"What is Celestias name happened here..." she said, leaning forwards to get a better look out the canopy.
"most of those ships are showing signs of battle" Goldroot said, pointing "Look at those scorch marks, looks like energy weapon damage"
"These can't be Equestrian ships, the only ship to ship conflict we've had was with the griffins twelve years ago" Trevor said, looking in from the doorway.
Goldroot claimed up to the co-pilots seat and started scanning the wrecks "Looks like most are completely offline, I'm getting faint power readings from some of the less damaged ships but only faint".
"its a graveyard" Midnight said to herself.
"Wait, if there's power on some of those ships then there may be crew onboard" Lightning said "We might get to meet a new alien race" she said excited power levels are too low to belong to life support" Goldroot told them, keeping his eyes on the readouts " and according to these reading those wrecks have been there for years, the chances that there is anything living there is-" he stopped and started taping the screen "Wait... getting a large power reading near the centrer of the debris field"
He opened a channel with the rest of the ships "Wolf 1-3 and hunter's 2 and 4 with us, were investigating the power signal"
"Roger Viper 2-3, Hunters 2 and 4 forming up"
"Wolf 1-3 right behind you sir"
Dusty pushed forward on her control stick, making the dropship lurch forward.
Everypony stayed quite so the pegusas could focused on dodging the drifting debris.
The two Cheyenne and Vendettas weaved and dodged and twirled through, the Gunships sending a missile every once and a while to destroy a piece of debris too big to avoid.
Finally they came to there destination.
"My goddess... look at the size of that thing"
The ship was massive, dwarfing everything around it, and making them look like insects.
of all the ships in the 'Graveyard' this one seemed relatively untouched, baring light damage its hull dented by numerous impacts of neighbouring wrecks and hulks.
"Who could have made such a monster of a vessel" Trevor said.
"Look! Pyro said pointing "On the hull, can anyone else read that or is it just me?"
they all looked at where he pointed, sure enough there was a name writen in plain equestrian.
U.M.S.C Ragnarock.
"There's a hanger at the front of the ship" Goldroot said, glaring at his screen "looks like the doors are still operational".
"I'll bring us in slowly" Dusty said, moving closer to the Dreadnought.
The Gunships took point as they approached the Ragnarock's fore hanger, its huge doors dominating their view.
"So how are we getting inside there?"
"We could knock"
The doors opened for the first time in a long time, allowing the four ships passage into its dark hanger.
"Or I can open it remotely?" Goldroot said, smiling "bring us in, lets see what we've got to work with".
they flew into the dark hanger, their floodlights on and looking around the room.
as they flew through, they was a large number of craft hanging in cradles along the walls.
Sompony whistled impressed "Yall look at that"
Dusty put the dropship down on the deck, magnetising the landing struts so the ship wouldn't drift off.
the Hanger doors closed and air hissed as the room pressurised.
"Oxygen green, gravity red" The on-board computer said "Ready to board the Ragnarock"

_____________________________________
Midnight pointed her rifle ahead of her, its inbuilt torch adding to the light produced by her helmet.
THUNK! "Shit! I bucking hate zero G!"
Midnight rolled her eyes at the Electric blue Peguses "could you keep your mind on the job for five seconds?"
"I can't help it, its just the way I am" She crashed into a floating box "Why are we the one's who got volunteered for this?" she wined.
"Becuase we're the only one's who have any experience with zero G" She told her plainly "The control room's just ahead".
She aimed herself towards the direction of her objective and pushed herself off the wall, propelling her self forward, It was alittle like flying.
They came to a half open door and held onto the wall to bring themselves to a stop, and peered in.
The room was filled with a bank computers and screens, along with a large window looking out into the pitch black hanger below them.
Midnight grabbed both the door and the wall and began to pull it open, grunting with effort.
Finally the door was open wide enough for the both of them to squeeze through.
Once inside, she saw how bad the room was.
there was cables hanging from the ceiling with a large metal beam dung into the floor.
Lightning and Midnight moved to the computers and pulled themselves into the seats in front of the computers.
"Ok, lets see if this thing still works" she said to herself as she hit a key experimental.
The screen lit up with a Logo before bringing up a line of data and some options.
She gave out a little cheer before scaning the screen for the option she wanted.
activate oxygen shield... Decompress room... Reboat Gravity generators... open main doo- Wait! Reboot Gravity generators yes!.
she tapped on the screen (which turned out to be a touch screen) and selected the option.
a low pitched wine filled the room as they felt gravity take hold and pull them down into their seats, followed by repeated tumps as objects that had previously been floating dropped like rocks onto the deck.
Then Something dropped on top of her.
It was an alien skeleton.
"Crap!" she yelled as she lifted it off her with magic.
The bones had turned brown from years of degradation.
It whatever it had been, it would have stood on two legs, and would have been few heads taller then a pony.
It had fingers instead of hooves and judging by its skull it would have had a flat face.
"You aright Midnight" Lightning said, leaning out of her seat to look at her.
Midnight got up an bushed dust off herself "Yea, I'm aright" tapped her earbloom "Midnight to Boarding party" she said into it "Gravity is back online"
"Good work, I'll call in the other ships"
"Hang on sir" she said as she tapped the activate oxygen shield option, which was followed by a blue field "Ok, call them in,, also sir I found one of the crew"
"they alive?"
"Well they aint talking sir" she Put the skeleton down gently against the wall "Judging by the state of the bones they died years ago"
She could hear him sigh "Ok, whats your eta?"
"We're on our way bac-"
"Midnight! Take a look at this"
"hold a sec sir" she got up and went over to the other marine "What you got?"
The pegusas looked up at the alicorn and back to the screen "Looks like a video recording, the time stamp says it's from over 200 years ago"
"200..." she looked back at the body, then back to the screen "Play it"
Lightning tapped on the file which brought up a window.
the creture in the video was the same shape of the skeleton and was fur-less except for some hair on top fo there head.
"Lutenant Sera Thompson's duty report" she was a female telling by her voice "The we've been working non stop for the last two days, Admirals been driving everyone hard trying to get ready to face the Alpha's fleet"
Midnight tapped on her earbloom "Sir... you getting this?"
"Roger that, We're seeing the feed form your helmet cam" Goldroot assured her "Just don't move your head".
She did what she was told and kept watching the video.
"There's been allot of rumours going around that earth and the other colony's have been wiped out already and we're all that left" the lady shook her head "If thats true, then this isnt a counter attack... its a last stand" that would explain all the wrecks "I had a friend on the Orpheus before she got taken over by the bitch and had its crew slaughtered"
Midnight wondered who or what was this Sera talking about.
"Wait..." the woman looked away from the screen "Something going on" she got up and went over to another computer, leavi full view of the room and what she was doing.
She started looked at the screen, then turned pale "Oh my god..." was all she could say before the ship shook violently, she screemed as a metal beam fell form the ceiling and hit her, knocking her to the floor.
after laying there for a long time, they knew she was dead.
Midnight turned the recording off and looked back at the body.
200 hundred years... the body had been there for so long, all that remained of this poor woman was bones and one horrible video of her death.
"Show some respect everypony" Goldroot said "We're in graveyard".
"I've got a deck layout of the ship" Lightning said getting up "Might be some more information on terminals deeper inside the ship"
Suddenly the light came on in both the room they were in and the hanger.
"Oats here, We found a generator for this section of the ship"
"Ok. get back here and we'll see if those deck plans can point us in the direction of the bridge"
Lightning made her way to the door and waited for her to follow.
Midnight turned to follow, sparing a quick glance at the dead woman before following the Pegasus out.