• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 774 Views, 3 Comments

Aliens Equestrian Marines - ShadowLeomus



Set years after the latest fim episode (season 3 episode 13) Pony kind has finally reached the stars and established colonies on many worlds. AS far as pony kind was concerned there was no life out there... they were wrong

  • ...
9
 3
 774

Chapter 13: (unedited)

Chapter 13
Princess Twilight Sparkle looked at the stratagy table infront of her, studying its large screen "How long?"
The Friendships charts officer, a pony by the name of Fog, looked at the map which was being desplayd on the table screen.
"If we go right though... 10 days, as long as the route you ploted is safe"
"I still dont like it princess" Rosebud said for the untenth time "Going though a class 1 nebula like this could be fatel"
"I know Rosebud but theres no choice" Twilight said "This is the only world in the dead zone that they could have gone is in the Arralia system"
The unicorn frowned "yes princess I know, but if they took dropships to get there then they are still enroute to the system" she pointed out "Why not figure out their route and search there?"
"That would take too long and they would run out of supplys before then" Twilight said "the rescerch base on Arralia 4 has a relay station that can detect everything in the Dead zone"
"And your going to use it to find the 22nd" Rosebud summerised.
"Yes, I am"
The Door to the stratagy room hissed open as Mare enterd.
The Mare bowed "Sorry to interupt Princess, but we're ready to go"
Twilight nodded "Tell the helms pony to head out using the route I have provided"
The mare bowed again "Yes mylady"
After she left Twilight turned back to Rosebud and the chart officer "We had better get to the bridge" she told them as she walked over to the door and opend it.
"Yes princess" they said at once as they followed her out.
"Finaly..." she thought "We're coming Midnight, dont do anything silly untill we get there"

____________________________________________

"Savanna to anypony on Arralia 4... anyone there?" Midnight repeated again.
"Anything?"
"Nothing sir, I'm just getting static"
The Savanna had droped out of Quantom space an hour ago, thinking it best for them to aprroch the planet using inpulse engins so that anypony at the research outpost would be able to see them coming.
"Arralia 4 research base, this is the Savanna under the command of the Equestrian Marine's 22nd Bugsplaters battalion is anypony reading me?" Midnight said into her mike.
"Captain Goldroot!" the sensor officer called "I'm reading a ship over the planet, scans show its the same class of ship as the Salura"
Goldroot leaned in "IDC?"
"Reciving now... Its the E.S.S. Manehatten sir"
"Midnight, Hail them"
Midnight began typeing into her console, which had stoped flickering finaly, and opend a channle.
"This is the Savanna under the command of the E.M.C 22nd, we a requesting primission to make orbit"
The coms stayed slilent.
She frowned "E.S.S. Manehatten... Repond!"
still nothing.
She shruged helplessly at Goldroot.
"Helm, bring us in closer" he orderd.
The Savanna crept closer to the planet, the slihout of the Manehatten seeming menicing.
"zssszss!"
Midnigth jumped as the sound came from her headset.
"I got somthing sir..."
"Whats is it?"
Midnight frowned "Hang on sir, I'm going to try bosting the signal"
after making some ajustments, she tryd again.
"Savanna to Arralia base or the Manehatten, repeat last message"
"zszsz,nt,zsszsz,pproch,zszsz,hatt,zz,nemy,zsszssz,rol"
"Arralia base bost your signal"
They were fast approching the Manehatten, which had made not move.
"zss,Dont app,zszsz, manehatten,zszszs, enemy control"
"Still not movement from the Manehatten"
The massage finaly came though clear.
"Savanna do not approch, the Manhatten is under enemy control!"
Midnight shot up "Get us out of here!" she shouted.
"Weapons lock!" the sensor officer shouted.
The Savanna turned just as the guns of the Manehatten fired.
two sets of twin beams inpacted into the ship, shaking it was it continued turning.
before the hostile ship could score second blood, the Savanna went full burn and hid behind the moon.
The Manehatten stayd where it was.
Inside the Savanna's bridge, sparks were flying everywere as computers exploded and hull and deckign lay blown apart.
Midnight had been thrown from her chair and onto the floor.
She groned and looked up.
The Bridge was a wreck with supports and bulckheads hanging from celings and jouting up from the floor.
Sveral small fires had broken out on diffrent parts of the room, luckly the forward viewing window haddent been breached.
The pony who had been at the weapons console was dead, his head smashed against the console with his blood covering it, his body leaning limply out of his seat.
The other surverving ponys were struggling to get up from where they had fallen.
Midnight heard wet coughing "Report!" Goldroot shouted just as another raking chough over came him.
"We took a direct hit, cant tell how bad it is though"
"Stars dead sir!"
Midnight clamberd onto her feet and made her way to the the bridge intercom which was stil intect.
Pressing the send button, spoke into it "Bridge to all decks, Report!"
"Crew deck here, we've got hull breachs down here but we've sealed them up"
"Hanger's fine, minor damage"
"Enginering to the Bridge, the core's going criticle! We've got 30 muenites untill they blow!"
"Shit" she turned back to the bridge "The core's going to blow, we got 45 meunites!"
"Sound general alarm" Goldroot said quitly "Abandon ship"
Midnight hit a large red button which was followed by a waling of sirens.
"Everypony abandon ship, I repeat, the Savannas lost abandon ship!" she yelled into the coms again, and then went over to Goldroot, who hadent moved from his chair.
"Sir? you ok?"
The old captain cooughed "I'm *cough!* fine..."
Midnight circled around to look at him and nearly screemed.
The captain had a large jagged stick of metal sticking out of his abdimon which was bleading uncontrolably, Goldroot had blood driping down him mouth where he had coughed it up.
"Goldroot!" she exclaimed as she ran to his side and looked at the wound.
"Get me some medi foam!"
One of the bridge crew ran to the back of the room and grabed the medkit and threw the red box over to her.
"You dont *Cough! Cough!* have time for this" Goldroot told her "You all need to get to the hanger and get off this ship"
"Shut up and stay still" Midnight opend the box and pulled a small spray canister out, pulled the safty pin out and stuck its muzzle into Goldroots wound.
there was a hissing sound as the foam was pumped in, sealing his internal ingerys.
"Hang on, I'll pull this out..."
"No, I'll bleed out be *cough!* before you foam can do it's job"
"But we need to get you out of here" She said desprately.
"Midnight-" he said soothingly "Sompony has to give the dropships cover from the Manehatten"
The helms pony had pushed the dead Star off his seat and began studying the readout.
"Sir... we dont have the firepower to bring down that thing" she said "We've lost cannons 2-4, the only things we have left are the point defence turrents and cannon 1"
Goldroot groaned "We have the mass" he let his words simmer.
"Do you mean your going to use the Savnna as a ram?"
Goldroot said nothing but shifted in his seat.
"Sir I am not leaving you here just so you can kill yourself like this!" Midnight shouted at him "The autopilot can handle it"
As if on que the helm console sparked violently quickly followed by a voice over the loudspeekers.
"Auto-pilot offline, manual control only"
Goldroot smiled sadly "that settls it" he said.
"Thats a one way trip" Midnigth told him.
"Everypony makes it sometime" he began coughing up blood but quickly brought it under control again "Listen kid... This is what I want, I'd rather die here on my own terms then on the floor of a dropship bleeding out"
Midnight said nothing, just barly holding back tears.
Goldroot sighed as he pulled his dogtags off his neck, unpinned his command pips and placed then into Midnight clawd hands "Your incharge now, make sure you get our ponys back home" he coughed "And *Cough!* Tell Buttercup... that nomatter what she thinks, I'm proud of her, and I'm sorry"
Midnight closed her eyes and clenched her hadn into a fist, the turned to the bridge crew "Go on ahead, I'll be right there"
The ponys nodded and exited the room quickly, leaving her and Goldroot alone.
Once she was sure they were gone seh began talking "Sir... You cant ask me to do this, Goldroor you've been like a father like me and I respect you more then even the princess's"
"If you respect me-" he started "Then let me do this"
Midnight attempted to protest but dicided against it, she know he was right.
Biting her lip, he nodded "Do you have any last requests?"
Goldroot nodded "Just send me out *Cough! Cough!* with a bang"
Midnight nodded, knowing what he wanted her to do.
She raised her hand up and saluted him "It's been a hounor serving with you Captain Goldroot"
He smiled "Same here... Captain Midnight"
She smiled and went over to the helm and began typeing.
"Helm and weapon controls transfering to captains chair"
A large pannle opend infront of Goldroots chair and a computer console rose up with a joystick.
Goldroot grabed hold of the joystick with one hoof and typed a command.
"Authorisation Required"
Midnight put in her Authorisation which made the console bleep three times which was followed by the coumputer voice booming over the whole ship.
"Selfdestruct initiated! all hands abandon ship! 35 muinuets untill ship destruction!"
Midnight closed her eyes at the anoucment and turned back to Goldroot, her amber eyes pleading "Sir...Are you sure about this?"
He nodded "Get going Captian, their going to need you down there"
Midnight began making her way past him and out the door, stealing a one last sad look at him before the door closed.

____________________________________________

20 muinuets later

Goldroot groaned inpain as he waited for the Dropships launch.
the Medi-foam was doing its job of keeping his internal ingurys from bleeading, but he could feel it waring off already.
The bridge coms crackled to life "Viper 2-3 to Bridge... We're away"
"Ok Viper 2-3, everypony follow me in, once I get his attention head straight to the Planet"
"Roger that"
Taking a deep breath, he pushed the joystick and sent the Savanna forward out of the shadow of the moon and in full view of the Manehatten.
without a thought he fired his only remaining cannon on the ship and begand charging towards it.
upon taking several direct hits, the Manehatten returned fire, many of the shots being dodged by Goldroots quick thinking, but everyonce and a while the Manehattend would get a luck shot which would rock the Savanna, but nomatter how much fire they took, the Savanna and Her captain didnt faulter and kept coming.
A warning poped up on his moniter, showing multiple red dots approching, upon first glance Goldroot could tell that they the missles wernt ment for him, but the dropships that he protected.
"Savanna to all ships You got *Cough!* missles inbound" Goldroot said into his mic "Gona try taking a few out"
"Affirmitve!"
the Point defence guns began roaring to life as they sent torrents of fire at the incoming missles, the round detonating most of them, but still a few got though.
The dropships dived, weeved and spun around avoiding the missles, fireing back with chainguns, Missles, and anything they had at their disposle.
the Ship was rocked as it was hit by another more harder hit which lit the screen up with warning signs.
"Cannon 1 offline"
Sparks began flying as more hits rocked the ship vilontly with more fire breaking out alover the bridge.
"Savanna are you ok?"
"Cannon 1's gone" Goldroot shouted over the sparks "I guess this is it"
He incressed the Savannas speed and sent her carraring towards the Manehatten.
The he heard a new voice over the radio.
"Dad... What are you doing?"
"Buttercup... I'm sorry but I have to do this but theres no other way"
"Yes there is" she yelled "we could land in the hanger and come and get you befor-"
"Thats not what he ment" Midnight said over the coms "He's been hit bad, he wouldnt make it even if we got him out"
Buttercup said nothing for a long while.
"50 seconds untill impact"
"Buttercup... Tell your mother *Cough!* Tell her that I'm sorry I couldnt make it back" he said as more hits rocked the ship "And nomatter what *cough! cough!* dont ever stop fighting"
"20 seconds untill impact"
The Manehatten doubled its efforts to destroy the kamakazi ship, pouring everything into the attack.
but by then it was too late, the fates of both ships were sealed.
"10!"
"Dad!"
"9!"
"Well this is it, good bye"
"8!"
Goldroot looked at the fast approching Manehatten and smiled.
"7!"
"And you-"
"6!"
He coughed.
"5!"
"You..."
"4!"
"I'll see you in hell"
"3"
He closed his eyes.
"2!"
"1!"
Everything went white.

____________________________________________

Buttercup screemed at the Savanna lit up as it crashed into the Manehatten, itd core exploding like a supernova.
"DAM YOU DAD!" she screemed, tears streaming down her face.
She wasnt the only one, pony on the dropship were ether crying or just standing there in silent shock.
"The bastards" sompony wisperd.
"Holdon everypony!" Dusty shouted as the Dropship began shaking "This is going to be a rough ride!"
Everypony scrambled to a seat and locked their safty restraints over them.
"Whats going on!" sompony shouted into their radio.
"The Manehatten and Savanna are breaking apart everywere" Dusty shouted back.
Buttercup listend to the exchange over her radio, staring blankly at the ceiling.
Sompony shook her "You ok?"
She shook her head.
"I just wish all this would end"
Buttercup leand her head against her chairs head rest and just let it out.