• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 774 Views, 3 Comments

Aliens Equestrian Marines - ShadowLeomus



Set years after the latest fim episode (season 3 episode 13) Pony kind has finally reached the stars and established colonies on many worlds. AS far as pony kind was concerned there was no life out there... they were wrong

  • ...
9
 3
 774

Chapter 5 (Unedited)

Chapter 5: Secrets

Was she dead? she didn't know, even though her eyes were open she couldnt see anything but herself.
when she try'd walking anywhere it seemed like she wasnt moving at all.
"If this is Hell then It's not like I though it would be" she though.
"So your the one thats been making all the fuss"
Midnight looked around for the pony who had said that, but found nothing but blackness.
"Hello?" she called "Who are you?"
She heard a chilling chuckle "You'll find out soon enough..." the voice said "But for now, call me Nightmare"
She could tell that the speeker was a mare, and somepony who she should be weary of. "Ok... Nightmare, where am I?" she asked "Is this hell?"
Nightmare laughed again "No... you are not in hell, and you are not dead" she told her "But you are in a coma, infact you almost died twice already"
Midnight frowned, not likeing the Unseen mares tone "Ok, if I'm not dead and ae actuly in a coma... then this is a dream?" she asked hopefuly.
"No, you are having a, how should I say it... spirit phone call"
"And let me guess, your my new crazy?" she asked board.
"I'm just somthing looking in, and Don't worry, I don't plan on doing anything to you... yet"
This made the her fur stand on end.
"But I digress, Its time for you to wake up, my dear little pony" Nightmare spat the last words out "And remember... I'll be waiting for you on Arralia"
She open'd her mouth to ask what the voice ment, but the darkness began to receed untill she was surrounded by blining light.

____________________________________________

Endless Midnight slowly opend her eyes, shielding her eyes from the harse lights.
After her eyes ajusted to the light, she began pushing herself up with a groan, she ached everywere.
she looked around her, taking in her surroundings.
she was in a small room she recognised as the medical room of a chyeane dropship, having spent a fair amount of time in a few.
She saw a pony siting in a chair on the other side of the small room, snoring loudly.
He was a brown unicorn, waring light barding with a large red cross on its shoulders pads, on the table was a number of healing potions, some empty.
Midnight gave herself a check over.
Her body was covered in bandages in multipul places and she could see there had been stiching done to many large cuts alover her body, which were already healing due to the healing potions she must have had while she was out and her natrual alicorn healing abilitys.
her wing was in a sling, which was still broken after she try'd to move it experimently.
she also had a drip attached to her for leg, blood driping through the tube and into her blood stream.
her right eye was coverd aswell with a bandage, leaving her with partial vision.
She quitely slid off her covers and slid out of the bunk she was lay'd in, making sure she didn't wake the doctor.
She try'd to use her disguise spell to become a uncorn again, only to have it fizzle and die out.
"Great, Magics out" she thought, picking the bag up with her hoof and puting it in her mouth before walking over to the door.
Midnigth nosed the control panel which opend the door.
Checking that the Brown pony was still asleep, she steped through into the troop compartment.
The compartment was filled with seats with restaining bars, all except 6 were empty.
Oats and Trevor were laying against each other, sleeping with playing cards in there hoofs, while Buttercup, Goldroot and three other ponys were on the other side, sleeping aswell.
Midnight crept past them, making her way to the cockpit.
the center of the troop bay was dominated by the shape of a Apc which was kept in place by four clamps.
there was a trail of blood leading from the ram infront of it and ending at the medbay door.
She opened the door to leading into the Cockpit and passed through the threshold.
Dusty was siting at in main pilots chair keeping the ship on its corse.
She tilted out of her seat and looked at Midnight as the door closed.
"So you dicided to join the land of the living malady?" She said jokingly.
Midnight craned her neck, and rubbed her neck "I feel like I went round to round with a heard of boar" she said droping the blood bag "How long was I out?"
"Three days, The others ran out and pulled you inside"
She pulled herself into the co-pilot seat and leaned her head against the head rest "That would explain the blood trail"
"You were bleeding pretty badly, the doc had to use almost every potion we had to keep you alive"
She looked out the cockpit canopy and at the stars byond.
"You know... the others havent slept a wink since you been out" Dusty told her "this is the first time any of them have selpt" the pilot said turning away from the forward conopy "You want me to wake them up?"
"No... let them sleep, I'm not in a rush to face them just yet"
They sat there in silence for a muinet, just staring at the stars ahead of them.
The silence was promptly broken by a cry from the back of the ship.
"She gone!"
Midnight and Dusty looked at each other, then at the door.
"We'd better get back there before they start freeking out"
She nodded and climd down, waiting for the grey Pegusas to join her,
Dusty hit a switc on her consol and set the ship on auto-piot, then together walked out of the cockpit.
As they stepped through, they saw everypony waking up while the doctor pony was talking panikly to Goldroot.
"I woke up and found her gone, in her condition she shouldnt be walking around"
"Don't worry Redheart I'm sure she's fine..." The captain trailed off as Midnight came closer to them "We'll if it isnt our little princess back in the land of the living" he said facing her.
She saluted, clutching her side after "Sir"
"Drop the act Midnight, you know you out rank me being a princess an all"
she droped her head and sighed "I'm not a princess, never have been and never will be" she told him "I'm just a marine, plain and simple"
"Then why all the secrecy?" She heard oats say behind her "Why turn yourself into a unicorn?"
"Becuase a pony like me can't join the milatary" she admitted "Plus I wanted to keep a low profile and if I stroled into the recruting office looking like I was when I dissaperd then..."
"You would have been brough back to the palace" Goldroot finished "Are you telling me that you chose the life of a Marine over a life of lucsury?"
She nodded "It's what I was ment to do" she smiled "After all... its what my cuit mark is telling me"
Buttercup raised her eye brow "What, you got your cuti mark during your time as a marine?"
she jabed a hoof in trevors direction "I got it when I saved lead for brains here from getting his ass chewed off on our first deployment..."
"I don't remember that, It must have been the other way around" he said, eyes darting around.
"Oh really?" she asked "I belive, girlish screems come to mind"
Trevor took a step towards her and mock punched her in the shoulder.
"oooook, moving on" Goldroot said "Why not tell us? we've known you long enough for you to trust us"
"Sorry sir but it wasnt that I didn't trust you... it was somthing I found out while eves droping on Brightlance on a few months ago" she told them "he had just gotten orders that if anypony in the battalion found me or saw me, then he was to inform his superiors so I can be picked up"
"but Brightlance would never turn you in, even for to top brass" Goldroot said annoyed.
"Normaly yes" she admitted "But this wasnt an order from the milatary brass... it was a direct order from Princess Twilight Sparkle"
the room went quite, as everypony took in this new information.
"But why not just say you wanted to be in the milatary to the princess's?" Oats asked "Celestia and Luna couldnt be so harsh as to deniy you a chance at doing what you love"
She sighed and sat down on the floor "It wasn't them who stopped me... It was Twilight" She said "She wanted to keep me safe, so what better way to do that then make me a princess"
"but whay go through all he trobble over another alicorn?"
"Ok... her it is, You know those roumors about me really being Twilights chiled?" she asked.
They all nodded, who haddnt heard the roumors.
She braced herself and began her story
"Well there true... to an extent, When she found me as a filly at the castle gates she took me under her wing" she puased to see if everypony was with her before continuing "But after awhile she started thinking me as her kid, and so she adopted me"
"Then that means...
She stood up "She my mother in law, and my Teacher"
Everypony stayed quite, untill sompony broke the silence "Just one more thing..."
She turned around to look at the speeker, who happend to be the red pony Pyro "On the Salura, you we're barly holding your own against that queen, arnt you alicorns ment to be super powerful?"
She'd been waiting for sompony to bring that up.
"Well yes, alicorns are powerful magic users, but I'm not a full alicorn, Im half one"
"Wait what?" one of the other marines said "How can you not be half alicorn? alicorns are a fusion of all the races"
"belive it or not, I'm a half blood, like you say, Alicorns are a mix of all three races, and I'm no diffrent" she explained "but the other half of my geans are of unkown origen, the doctors in carntralot couldn't figure out what the other geans were from"
"so becuase your not a full alicron..." Goldroot started.
"I'm not on the same level of power as other alicorns, I'm still powerful" she told them "But I'm not too powerful ether"
"What about physicly, the whole battalion saw how much of a beating you took and still kept fighting"
"Well Alicorns can take a beating anyway, but I can take even more"
Goldroot stroked his chin "From s I presume?" She nodded "And the regenative abilitys? you've already proven that you heal faster then any normal pony"
"Oh that?" she said dissmisively "Thats a normal alicorn thing" she took on a more sober look "So know you know my story... what happens now?"
Goldroot looked at her, thinking over his options.
Then he stood up tall and cleard his throught "Now, Staff-Sargent Midnight, we get to that Matalic mass, hope its an abandond station and call for help" he put he hoof on her shoulder "And don't worry, no one in the battalion will turn you in, the 22nd looks after its own, no matter what they are"
She felt like somepony had lifted a great waight form her.
"Thanks guys, I'm glad your still cool about this"
"Are you kidding me, when we get back to Equus you owe me a drink at the Applesanp bar" Oats said, laugheding
"Yea, all of us" Buttercup added, patting her on the back hardly.
She smiled "I'll buy the entire Battalion a round!" she said with enhusiasum.
"You make that two round and Your all forgiven" one of the Marines said.
"Lightning you couldnt even handle one!" his friend said.
"On another note" Goldroot said slilencing the two "I'm surprised you didn't used that fancy spell to trun into a unicorn" Goldroot said.
Midnight groaned "I've tried but..." she try'd using the spell, but only to have it fizzle and die out again "That happens" she said, turning red with embarisment.
"I don't think magic is meant to do that..."
"well she can worry about it later" Redheart said, grabbing Midnight by the foreleg and pulled her along with him "Right now I have to make sure you didn't open any of your stitches" he grumbled.
He pulled her inside the medical bay and closed the door.

Authors note: See what I did there :P
Yea this chapter was short and it is best it stays that way.
As for the dream sequence and the mysterious Nightmare, well lets say you'll be hearing from her allot in later chapters.
Thanks for staying with the story so far!