• Member Since 15th Apr, 2012
  • offline last seen Jun 12th, 2016

Sam Cole


Just a veteran writing love stories for fun. If you want help or just to chat, hit me up, I always love to meet new people.

E
Source

Rarity loves her classical tunes, but when her favorite record gets damaged, she needs a new one. A turn of fate sends Rarity home with Discord S&M (Metallica S&M to us). So now for the white fashionista, Let There Be Rock!

Pic credit goes to Jowybean on deviant art.
I saw this picture, and it made me wonder, 'How would Rarity come to love Rock? She's a classical mare...' What follows is my thoughts on that question, and I hope you enjoy.

Chapters (1)
Comments ( 11 )

That was clever and funny. Rarity is best pone, but I've had to come to the crushing realization that she would enjoy classical far better. However, fics like these inspire hope that one day she will enjoy rock and roll!

I'm disappointed by the lack of Neighvana and Radioherd, though.

2157330 Though I love those bands myself, this was a 30 minute deal and I ran out of time. I wanted to throw in some Motorhead too, and some Stone Temple Pilots, oh Celestia the list goes on...

2159388 Ah well. Good story nonetheless. :twilightsmile:

Here's the title song. :pinkiehappy:

And for Rarity's revelation, here's a funny reference.

I would have preferred some Iron Balloon (Led Zeppelin) or some Princess (Queen).
Also Rush. Rush is always.

2747927 I'm actually kind of surprised someone read this one. Wow. And the whole thing was written in 30 minutes, so I had to miss out on a lot. Too, too much if you ask me :ajsleepy:

This story was pretty awesome. If not just because of Rarity's awesome taste in music!

2748194

Well, what's stopping you from taking off from here then?

I see very few "music" fics on here, and this seems to have some awesome potential if it was fleshed out more.

As someone who loves both Classical and Rock I absolutely loved this :pinkiehappy: Also thanks for giving me the perfect gateway reckord for anyone I meet who likes Classical but not Rock.

Rock and Roll Ain't Noise Pollution

Damn straight!:yay::yay::yay:

And to anyone who thinks differently: Fuck you with a ten-foot pole covered in fire ants!:flutterrage::flutterrage::flutterrage:

the "ballad" rarity listened to is a song by Metallica, and since it's the S&M (Symphony and Metallica) version that's used in this fanfic, here's the song: https://youtu.be/jwCRnqQ2it8
take a listen. the S&M album is one of the albums one can use to introduce others to the metal genre, and i highly reccomend you listen to these songs from the album: Bleeding Me, Nothing Else Matters, The Outlaw Torn, No Leaf Clover, Minus Human (also called "-Human" and just "Human"), and Hero Of The Day. Just a recommendation. Enjoy.

Login or register to comment