• Published 21st Feb 2013
  • 1,756 Views, 12 Comments

A Scientist of the Bermuda Triangle in Equestria - TimeTravelinc



A Scientist from earth lands in Equestria and now lives in The Everfree Forest

  • ...
24
 12
 1,756

Interlude: Chapter 7 & 1/2

Chapter 7 1/2: Lyra's Proof of Humanity

(AN: This takes place between "Roommates" and Twilight and Science, and consider this my idea of "what if Lyra took a human to the science (or magic) society of unicorns?" Wish me good luck.

"You want me to do what?", he said. James was busy trying to figure out why his scanner was going off in the middle of the night, only to find out something about some kind of time anomaly. "I want you to take me to the Canterlot Unicorn School for the Gifted. They said that humans were impossible, but they're really wrong." James nodded hearing this, acknowledging that he heard all of this. "I want to prove those chumps that my theories of humans are real." she said. James smiled, then said, "Alright, I'll help you. Especially in the name of science." He then grinned even bigger and said, "But also to see the shocked look of those ponies faces." Lyra smiled, knowing that it would be a great day.


The car soon drove up to the university, as James gulped. He felt slightly nervous, but not as bad as it was before. "You ok?" James looked back at Lyra, seeing her. He then smiled, and said, "Yeah, don't worry about me. I just haven't been to a university in years, especially since that incident."

He then got out his equipment from his trunk, then went into the University. He heard things about the school where it was all the smartest and most gifted unicorns went to. James, however, didn't act like a unicorn. He wasn't very organized, he didn't care too much about a lot of details, and he wasn't very neat in some things. He did however showered and wore his best t-shirt, which happened to be looking like a tux.

He then started to set up the lab equipment, while Lyra went to get her teachers. He started to adjust the flame on his Bunsen burner, when he realized that he needed to tie his shoe (I know-boring. But let's face it, we have to get the plot moving) Lyra soon busted through the doors, revealing a empty room with nothing but James' equipment. Lyra was confused and was shocked all at the same time. "Lyra is this your idea of a joke?" one pony said. Lyra shook her head, then said, "Look I know he's here, just come in." She soon galloped into the room, followed by her professors. James pen dropped, to which he quickly grabbed in mid-air. He smirked at his great feat, before Lyra took him by surprise.

"James!" "GAH!" *bang!* He knocked his head on the edge of the desk. This took the four unicorn professors by surprise. James rubbed his head, hissing from the pain, then started to get up. As he got up, the four unicorns expected a pony. Instead, they got a strange bi-pedial creature. "Seriously Lyra? You need to warn me when you come next time." "I kinda did."

"Did you call for me?" James said, not noticing the unicorn's look to such a strange creature. Lyra thought for a moment, then said, "I don't think so." James just facepalmed, then said, "That's why you tell me when you're coming in." he said. He then looked at the professors, who were still in a state of shock. James pulled out his camera and took a picture. Then again, Best... Moment... Ever." he said, showing the picture to Lyra, who nodded in agreement, after seeing the picture.

He then looked back at the unicorns, who were staring at him. "So, gentlemen," he said, rubbing his hands quickly, "Where shall we begin?" he started, leaning on the desk behind him. The four unicorns were confused and speechless. That's when he realized something. "Didn't you...get the message from... Princess..." they shook their heads, as he realized that they missed the newspaper issue from yesterday.


"That could've gone better." James said. Lyra nodded as she followed him. After they were introduced and James explained a few things, he wanted to show them some chemistry. That soon led to a explosion, and the six of them covered in soot. James was still smoking, even after the whole event, which of course he made a joke from it. "I don't smoke." he said, causing Lyra to giggle at his joke.

"I feel great," he said, placing all his supplies into his car, then said, "Let's go eat. I feel like I could eat..." He paused, hoping to find something that wouldn't offend anypony. "...This car." he said, patting the vehicle. Lyra started to laugh again, as they drove off to home.

Author's Note:

Yes, this is a short story.
Yes, I thought this was a good idea.
No, I will not be paring Lyra to m-, er James.

Anyways, I hope you enjoy this story, and YES. I will write more, as things get weird.