• Published 31st Jan 2013
  • 739 Views, 19 Comments

My Little Pony: Chronicles of Light - Talon19912



A sory about the struggle between light and darkness

  • ...
3
 19
 739

chapter five

It’s weird now that I think about it. Over the course of the past few hours I rescued a Princess, killed a Shadow spawn, and met a group of rather colorful ponies. I was so caught up in my mission that I failed to notice something very strange. The unicorn known as Twilight or Twi to her friends seems to be the leader of their group, but something is off about her, nothing bad, but it was strange, I decided it would be wise to bring this up to Celestia in private as soon an opportunity presented itself.

I stood atop a large hill overlooking a valley, the last rays of twilight shown over the mountain. In the distance one could see the pony capital; it was just a silhouette against the lowering sun. The wind blew gently through the valley. It was…peaceful, at least for now. “This view is simply divine,” Rarity gasped from somewhere behind me. I smiled beneath my helmet. “Yeah it’s very nice Rarity, but when are his friends supposed to get here,” a rather impatient Rainbow Dash asked from behind me. I sighed ‘They should really enjoy this a little more, after the fighting begins there won’t be time for this,’ I thought.

The sound of jet engines could be heard from above. “Here they come,” I said as a Valkyrie screamed overhead, It was a large aircraft with a large open area in the back for soldiers to exit from, it had a moderately sized cockpit that held four people, two pilots, a navigator, and a weapons controller. On the sides were two large engines built into the main body of the ship, two large wings protruded from the sides at a downwards angle, two stabilizer wings extended from either side of the cockpit, and two vertical stabilizers were attached at the rear of the air craft. The weapon systems on board included a rail cannon on the bottom, two rapid fire laser turrets on the top offset so that neither interfered with eachother’s line of fire, it had a 50 caliber mini gun mounted in the nose on a swivel turret, and a laser turret on each side of the aircraft, it was slow but it made up for it with extremely heavy armor, massive fire power, and very effective shielding. “What is THAT!” Rainbow Called suddenly dashing forward. “That is a Valkyrie, a heavy combat drop ship; they transport troops and vehicles to and from an orbiting cruiser or colony ship. We Could easily drop in our pods but that process is only used in unknown situations or when extreme haste is required just to get some feet on the ground and secure an area,but when dealing with shadow spawn we take no chances,” I explained.

The white trench coat I wore just under the top layer of my armor whipped in the wind that had appeared from the Valkyrie passing overhead. The roar of engines could be heard as more and more Valkyries passed overhead. There were multiple versions of Valkyrie flying above heading for the valley. Some were modified to carry pre-assembled building pieces called modules; others were modified to carry multiple types of land vehicles from light attack vehicles to tanks and even B.A.F.U.s (Bipedal Armored Fighting Units). "Alright Everyone, follow me and keep close, but DON'T touch anything," I said as I turned to face the others. I turned and headed down a dirt path leading through tall grass into the valley below.

Author's Note:

Jeeze, I can't believe it took this long to release this chapter. *sigh* The curse of writers block. From now on though I actually plan on making my chapters from anywhere between four hundred to around two thousand words depending on the inspiration I receive from other sources (including readers) and my overall enthusiasm for a particular chapter. Things should start heating up pretty soon.

Comments ( 1 )
Comment posted by Talon19912 deleted Apr 2nd, 2014
Login or register to comment