• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,075 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,075

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 38: Lilac Stardust

Stretching my tired arms, I looked around the room the same color as Miss Sparkle's coat. I first noticed Mom was missing, then I saw the picture on the wall of me as a dragon. Dragging a hand across my scaleless skin I thought back to my time when I had them.

And breathing fire. That was cool too.

Hopping out of the bed, I walked towards the kitchen to have some breakfast. The others were all awake, only Pinkie Pie looked really awake. Applejack was back so that's good.

When the others noticed me, they got a little tense.

“Good morning,” I yawned. Seeing the food laid out on the countertop. One was my favorite, but with red sprinkles instead of rubies. Darn, I really wanted some.

Pinkie Pie jumped in front of me with her usual cheeriness.

“Hiya Lilac! How did you sleep?” Pinkie asked, nearly coming right into my face.

I giggled at Pinkie, then walked over to the counter to get my muffin.

Looking at the others, they had worried looks. I noticed pretty quickly that someone was missing.

“Hey, where’s Mom?”

Three of the girls eating cereal spit it out, shocked from my question.

“What was that Lilac?” Rainbow Dash, one of the cereal eaters, asked me.

“Uhh...where’s Mom?” I asked again. “Is she okay?” I could hear the fear in my voice and feel my hands starting to shake.

Ms. Anna ran up to me, noticing the shaking. She began to pet my hair, the side with the most hair.

“Of course she’s okay Lilac, why wouldn’t she be okay?” Anna comforted.

“Because Aunt Killjoy is in her head.” I quipped. Mom was always doing it, I kinda picked up on how.

Then I heard some laughter, from Rainbow Dash.

“Killjoy? Her name was Killjoy! Bwahaha!” She laughed so hard she made her chair fall back to the ground with a big SLAM. A few others laughed too, they were being nice and tried not to show it.

I looked at the group, confused. Didn’t they know Aunt Killjoy’s-uhh I mean, Aunt Darcy’s name? While I looked around, I saw Applejack. She brought back the memories of what happened the night before. I was getting worried again.

“When did Applejack get back?” I asked anypony.

Twilight Sparkle was the only one who would answer. “Ten minutes ago.”

“If she’s back then where’s Mommy?” I said, my hands still shaking.

They all looked back at each other, wanting somepony else to answer my question.

“Where is she?!” I cried. I was panicking. What happened to my mommy? Was she hurt? Did something happen? Did she leave? Was she-

“Lilac Morgan is fine!” Twilight Sparkle tried. None of them were telling me where she was! I ran to Applejack, trying to hide under her hat.

“Where’s Mommy!” I yelled at her. If anypony would tell me where she was, it was Applejack.

“Uhh...sugarcube. Ah-h-h...”

“TELL ME PLEASE!” My voice kinda cracked, I could feel the tears hitting my face.

Applejack looked at the others, hoping one would help her, before turning to me with a sad look.

“Sugarcube, Ah don’t know where she is.” Applejack whispered, but I could still hear it.

“You...don’t...know?” It sounded like a question. It kinda was. Mom was...missing?

Suddenly, it got kinda hard to breath. I started hype-hypi-hypevan- that thing was you breathe loudly.

“Lilac!” I heard them all yell, Spike’s being the loudest even though he was probably just coming downstairs. For some reason, I still wasn’t getting any air, I felt more tears fall down my face.

“What’s happening?” I heard Twilight Sparkle scream.

“It’s a panic attack. Morgan sometimes gets them at school when someone mentions a test.” Ms. Anna explained.

“We have to try and get her out of it. Give some comforting words, that’s how Morgan does it.” Ms. Caroline explained.

“Fresh air helps to!” Ms. Maddie shouted. Quickly I felt like I was being lifted into the air and I could hear a door being opened.

Then, I got some cold air. Mom did say it was January, still in Winter I think. While I kept on taking deep breaths, I could feel the others telling me things like Mommy was okay and that when she came back Mom would not find it easy to leave again. I thought of something that might help but it was kinda hard to talk.

“Mommy’s *gasp* special *gasp* song *gasp*.” I choked out. “Need *gasp* special *gasp* song *gasp*.”

“Special song?” I think that was Rarity, or Fluttershy. It was hard to tell.

“Don’t look at me. We may be her friends but up til three days ago we didn’t know Lilac existed.” That was Ms. Caroline.

Still trying to get deep breaths, I could see Twilight Sparkle thru the blur of the tears.

“Could you give us some help? What’s the song called?” She sounded like she was trying not to panic.

“You’ll *gasp* Be In *gasp* My Heart *gasp*.” Why did it suddenly hurt to breath?

Looking around at group I could hear them trying to figure out Mom's song. Didn't everypony know it?

“Her phone!” Ms. Caroline suddenly shouted before running into the house. She came back a minute later with one of those little black boxes in her hands.

The box lit up for a second, glowing a lot of colors before finally landing on a smaller orange box. The words moved really fast as Ms. Caroline moved her finger across it. Soon it stopped and Ms. Caroline clicked on the words close to the bottom.

Waiting a second, I could hear Mommy's song come from the back.

“Come stop your crying

It will be all right

Just take my hand

Hold it tight

“I will protect you

From all around you

I will be here

Don't you cry

“For one so small,

You seem so strong

My arms will hold you

Keep you safe and warm

This bond between us

Can't be broken

I will be here

Don't you cry

“'Cause you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more

“You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart, always

“Why can't they understand

The way we feel?

They just don't trust

What they can't explain

I know we're different but,

Deep inside us

We're not that different at all

“And you'll be in my heart

Yes, you'll be in my heart

From this day on

Now and forever more

“You'll be in my heart

No matter what they say

You'll be here in my heart, always

“Don't listen to them

'Cause what do they know?

We need each other

To have, to hold

They'll see in time

I know

“When destiny calls you

You must be strong

I may not be with you

But you've got to hold on

They'll see in time

I know

We'll show them together

“Oh, you'll be in my heart (You'll be here in my heart)

No matter what they say (I'll be with you)

You'll be here in my heart,

I'll be there always

Always

“I'll be with you

I'll be there for you always

Always and always

Just look over your shoulder

Just look over your shoulder

Just look over your shoulder

I'll be there always”

The song slowly went away. Taking one more big gasp I felt way better than I did before. Looking at the others I gave them a big smile, telling them I was okay.

“How did you know Morgan would have the song on her phone Care?” Ms. Anna asked.

“I took I guess. Darcy had those other two songs so why wouldn’t that one?” Ms Caroline explained.

As the eleven of us began walking back inside, I turned to Ms. Caroline.

“Umm...Ms. Caroline?” I began.

“Yeah Lilac? And just call me Caroline or Care.” She said.

“okay... Caroline?”

“Yeah?”

“Umm...is it okay if...umm...I borrow...Mom’s...phone? Just for a little bit?” Caroline smiled.

“Not my phone, but I’m sure Morgan wouldn’t mind if you had it for a little bit.” Caroline said as she gave the phone to me.

“Thank you Caroline!” I cheered, running off to Mom’s room.

Where I would spent a long time just listening to Mom’s Special Song play from the phone until she got back.

Author's Note:

Told ya it'd be a Lilac Chapter. Next time I'm hoping to make it a flash back for Applejack and a brief glimpse at what Morgan is up to in Seed of Chucky
Comment, like and Favorite!

PreviousChapters Next