• Published 27th Jan 2013
  • 3,070 Views, 105 Comments

The Day My Life Ended - Authora97



What do you do when you're out with friends at a karaoke bar and six people walk in looking just like ponies from Ponyville! Well, that's my problem.

  • ...
34
 105
 3,070

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 36: Mixed

Walking into my room, the first thing I heard was the sounds of Lilac’s crying. It was the sound I most hated. Just the thought of seeing her cry brought a tear to my eye. Turning on the seashell lamp, I was able to see Lilac hiding on the other side of my bed.

Knowing walking towards her was a bad idea, I stayed by the door.

“Hey sweetie.” I told her.

All I got was a mumbled hi.

Moving cautiously into the room, I gave Lilac a kind look.

“I’m sorry about what I said down there.” I told her. My daughter just turned her head away from me. “Hey, just cut me a little slack. Mom’s aren’t perfect ya know. Hell, I can’t point out several occasions in the past two weeks where Mom lost her phone and it was two feet from her.”

The words may have sounded harsh, but I tried with all my might to keep the hurt out of my words.

‘Morgue, water works incoming.’

My hand shot up to my eyes, finding a tear slowly falling down.

Giving my little girl another look, I thought of something that might boost her spirits.

“Lilac,” The only sign I got of her hearing me was her moving farther away, “Wanna hear a bedtime story?” She was silent for a second, “It’s one I’m sure you’ve never heard before.”

This piqued her interest, her pale head slowly lifted up.

“...which one?”

Mentally laughing, I walked over to my bed and gave a few pats on the space next to me.

Lilac quickly climbed up into the bed, getting under the covers as she did.

“Okay, the story is one of love, heartbreak, death, lost memories and how the phrase ‘true love conquers all’ is put into greater use.

“I have been to this story and felt said emotions multiple times. Believe me when I say it sucks to have a werewolf attack you in an alley.”

The small girl only nodded, still looking angry.

Hopping off the bed, I grabbed my big white blanket with small rose vines over it and draped it over the bed so it would go over both sides.

“Now, I begin our tale in Coldspring, Texas, with the teens. Jacque Pierce, Sally and Jen Adams, this is the tale of how all three found love…”


Twilight Sparkle's POV


Everypony had begun to get worried. Morgan had been gone for over thirty minutes and hadn't come back down, it was still quiet so I knew that they hasn't run off. Morgan would've screamed.

So, after we had all decided it was time to get some shut-eye I walked up the stairs with great ease. I also had to be quiet, these floorboards were weak and creaky.

Carefully and silently walking up to Morgan's door I heard noises of someone talking on the other side.

“…and so Sally looked into Costin's eyes. Knowing they had not reached the end, but that as long as they tried they would pull thru. For the fates had brought them together, and it would take much more to take them apart.”

“I liked that story, especially Miss Jacque and Mister Fane, they sound really nice.”

“Hehe, your right Lilac. They were nice, except when Fane was trying to kill me. Same for Decebel. And Gavin. And Vacile. Rarely Costin. But other than that everyone was nice. Damn overbearing furballs. Can't take a little joke. Even though Dec deserved that kick after what he did to Jen. I mean come on who does that!”

“Mom, you're rambling again.”

*ahem*“oh, yeah. Right. But you still got the point, right?”

“Mmhmm. If any coltfriend tells me we'll make the best of it I hit him with a frying pan or just hit his sorry flank until he stops saying it.”

“Ah! My little scaly angel, I have taught you well.”

Taking a quick glance inside, I saw Morgan sitting next to Lilac lying in her bed.

“But Mom, what about Jen and Decebel? Lilly and Cyprus? Elle and Sorin!” Lilac almost yelled.

Morgan simply bobbed Lilac on the nose.

“That, Lilac, comes out book seven. I know Lilac, I hate cliffhangers too. But, I refuse to go there and find out because believe or not I'm scared of the unknown.” Both Lilac and I reeled back in surprise.

“You? Scared? But I once saw you go and stand up to Chrsyalis like she was Trixie!”

Wait…Morgan did what?

“I know Lil, but that was because I had seen that episode twelve times (mainly for the song) so I knew the end result. Sometimes I don't know the ending and that terrifies me.

“And when Dominic took you… I could swear I've never been more terrified in my life.”

I remembered that, Morgan had punched Anna and Caroline walk and I later had to explain who Lilac was to the two sisters.

“Really?” I heard Lilac's sweet voice ask.

“Uh-huh. When I heard your voice on that phone, my heart stopped. I could feel every second slowing down. All the air left me and I was practically gasping for air. It took everything I had not to break down crying at that moment.

“And you know why?”

“Nuh-uh.” Lilac admitted.

I was watching the scene with rapt attention, unable to tear away.

“Because you're my Little Scaly Angel and I would go they all nine levels of Hell just to get you back. I have nearly died twice since I met you, and even that didn't stop me from coming back to you. Let me get to my point before I let you get some sleep.

“At times Lilac, I make no more sense than Pinkie Pie wearing the Mask. But underneath all of that is my love for you. Never doubt that, understand?”

“I understand.” Looking closely, I saw Morgan beginning to get up but was grabbed by Lilac. “Wait!”

“Yeah Lil?” Morgan asked.

“Love you too Mommy.”

Smiling, I carefully walked away. Letting the two have a moment.


Once I reached the living room, the others ran up to me.

“Well, are they okay?” Anna asked me.

I have a quick glance upstairs before answering.

“I think…yes. They're okay, better than okay actually.”

All of the girls let out sighs of relief before going back upstairs to their respective rooms for our stay here. I went back to my place in the living room with Rainbow Dash.

Knowing that a very happy family was slowly falling asleep upstairs.

Author's Note:

New Chapter! Hurrah!
Comment, like and favorite.
(Yes, I mentioned a fav'd book series of mine. It's my favorite Non-MLP series and if you want to know about it then do it yourself)

PreviousChapters Next