• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 2,522 Views, 39 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 8: Maiden Voyage - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and the others arrive on a luxury spaceship in 4376 and soon find that there are some unwanted guests on board.

  • ...
3
 39
 2,522

Encounters and Exploration

Chapter 2: Encounters and Exploration

Outside Viewing Hall 11, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

The Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and Spike had only just slipped through one of the doorways leading out of the viewing hall when the sirens went off. The door slammed shut behind them and a large slab of metal rose up from the floor and encased the doorway, thus preventing anypony or anything from getting in or out of the room.

"What the hay is going on?!" Derpy gasped.

"Applejack! Pinkie Pie! Can any of you hear me?!" Twilight called.

"It's no use. That's enforced steel. Nothing's getting through that, especially sound," said the Doctor. Twilight suddenly smiled and began to laugh.

"What's so funny?" Spike asked.

"I can't believe it! We've been here for nearly ten minutes and something's already happening! That must be some sort of record, Doctor!"

"I guess. I may have beaten that record before but I'm not quite sure at the moment," the Doctor pondered.

"Well what do we do now?" Derpy asked.

"Explore, of course! See what's going on!"

The Doctor began trotting happily away while Twilight whispered to Derpy and Spike, "Why do I get the feeling that all of this has something to do with us?"

"I wouldn't be surprised," said Spike as he rolled his eyes. Twilight and Derpy laughed and then proceeded to trot after the Doctor.

Viewing Hall 11, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

"Damn it!" Rainbow Dash cursed as she slammed into the metal wall again.

"Cut it out, Rainbow! It's no use! That door ain't budging for anypony!" snapped Applejack. Rainbow groaned with defeat as she lowered herself to the ground.

"We have to get through! Twilight, Spike, the Doctor, and Derpy are on the other side!"

"I'm sure they can take care of themselves. For now, until things die down, ah say that we head back to the...what was it called again?"

"The TARDIS!" Pinkie Pie replied cheerfully.

"Right! Let's head back to the TARDIS until things die down!"

Rainbow lowered her head and grimly nodded in agreement. The five mares began making their way back to the blue box. When they arrived, however, they were shocked to see that it was surrounded by a mob of ponies.

"What the hay?!" Rainbow snapped.

"Strange isn't it?" asked a scrawny voice. The mares turned to see a giant spider wearing a top hat examining the TARDIS. "I don't see reason for them to include a TARDIS replica here in the viewing hall. I would assume that they would place it in the museum. Oh well. I guess Captain Kemp has odd intentions in mind. I do wonder what all the ruckus is about."

The spider then walked off into the crowd.

"Did we just see a spider the size of an elephant?" asked Rainbow Dash.

"Ah think we did," Applejack replied, her eyes still wide.

"I've seen bigger," said Pinkie as she waved her hoof.

"Don't worry! I'm fine," announced Rarity as she swayed a little bit.

"I'm surprised to see that you didn't faint," said an unfamiliar voice. Rarity turned to see an earth mare with a red coat and a purple mane standing next to her. She was in her early twenties and she had a wide, pink, brimmed hat sitting on her head at a fancy angle. A single feather was extending from the top of the hat.

"I'm sorry but do I know you?"

"Not really. Let's just say that I'm an acquaintance for now."

Rarity turned to see that none of the others had yet to notice the mysterious mare yet. She turned back to the mare to see that a package was now nestled comfortably in one of her legs. Rarity then asked, "Where did that package come from? You weren't holding it a moment ago!"

"It's just a little magic trick I taught myself," the mare replied with a grin.

"Don't be ridiculous! Earth ponies can't perform magic!"

"I didn't say it was your kind of magic."

"Huh?"

"Whatever. Listen, I have places to go and ponies to see. Make sure to give this to the Doctor."

The mare handed the package over to Rarity and the unicorn cautiously grabbed it.

"How...how do you know the Doctor's here?!"

"The TARDIS is here so I think that's a pretty big giveaway. Listen, don't open that box until time calls for it."

"What's inside of it?"

"Don't worry. You'll find out soon enough. I had to pay a hoof and a horn to get this so don't open it until you absolutely need to!"

"How will I know when to open it?"

"You'll open it when the fire is close and is too hot to bear."

"Huh? Please talk normally! I'm definitely not in the mood for riddles!"

Suddenly a happy ring rang out from the mare's hat. The mare shook her head slightly and the ring died.

"Well I guess it's time for me to go. Don't worry. The Doctor will know when to open the box...or at least you will," said the mare as she turned and began walking away.

"Wait!" Rarity said. The mare turned around.

"Yes?"

"Where...exactly did you get that hat from?"

"This old thing? My mother made it for me."

"Did she now? Heh. Your mother has good tastes. It looks an awful lot like something I would make."

"I guess it would. Have a nice night, Miss Rarity."

Before Rarity could say anything else, the mare turned around and disappeared into the crowd.

"Who was that?" asked Fluttershy. Rarity turned back and shook her head.

"I don't have the foggiest idea," she replied.

"What's that?" asked Pinkie Pie as she pointed towards the box.

"I don't know that either. All I know is that the Doctor's going to need to open it when time calls for it."

"I really don't like the sound of that," said Rainbow as she crossed her arms.

"I'm with you on that one, Rainbow Dash."

11th Level Living Quarters, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

The teleportation pad gave off a light sigh as John jumped off of it. The siren had finally died down but confused passengers had begun asking a lot of questions. John had put word out for some of the guards to search the eleventh viewing hall and search the passengers. A recording of his own voice echoed throughout the ship, ensuring the passengers that nothing was wrong and that there was a slight, mechanical malfunction. But John knew that something was wrong, or something wrong was about to come around. The air was tense as John strolled down the hallway. He was almost to the viewing hall when a voice rang out from his phone. It was Lee.

"Captain, the TARDIS has been secured and is being guarded," he said.

"Good. Any sign of the Doctor?" John asked.

"No. The guards did have to arrest somepony though."

"What? Who?!"

"Just some crazy pegasus who was trying to get into the TARDIS. Some earth mare tried to help her. Both have been brought in for questioning."

"Are you insane?! We can't have the guards arresting passengers left and right! That'll make the other passengers think that something is wrong!"

"But isn't there something wrong?"

"Yes and no. It's kind of hard to explain."

"So what do you want the guards to do with the mares?"

"I guess keep them detained until the storm blows over. Lock them up in one of the rooms. They haven't done anything to warrant themselves time in a cell."

"I guess. I swear. Those Applejack clones can pack quite a punch."

"What did you say?!"

"There was an Applejack clone there. She was the mare that tried to help out the pegasus."

"What does the pegasus look like?"

"She has a cyan coat and a rainbow mane."

"Wait a minute...damn it!"

"What?!"

"You've just arrested two of the Doctor's companions!"

"Huh?!"

"The guards have just arrested Applejack and Rainbow Dash!"

"Wait. Do you mean the Applejack and the Rainbow Dash!"

"I'm certain of it!"

"Damn! I just helped arrest my wife's foalhood hero!"

"Where's the Doctor?! We can sort all of this out once we find him!"

"He's not in the viewing hall. Maybe he got out before the doors closed."

"Maybe. Check the cameras!"

"Okay! Checking...checking...aha!"

"Got something?!"

"Yeah! They were seen heading out into the museum hallway just before the siren went off!"

"Okay! I'm heading over to the museum now!"

John ended his conversation with Lee and took off towards the museum.

Museum Hallway, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

The hallway was quiet and the air was tense as the Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and Spike walked down it.

"It's a little quiet now, isn't it?" Derpy stated.

"A little too quiet," Spike added.

"Even old sayings have no dimensional boundaries! This universe amazes me every day!" said the Doctor happily.

"And you continue to be weird and strange."

"Mission accomplished!"

Twilight and Derpy giggled. They soon came across a huge pair of bronze doors. The word museum was welded onto the door's surface.

"There's a museum on a spaceship?" Twilight asked as her eyes widened.

"Best we not go in there. There may be future knowledge in there that we shouldn't learn about," the Doctor warned. But his words fell upon deaf ears as Twilight, Derpy, and Spike raced past him. He charged after them.

The interior of the museum was wide and open. A large staircase stood in the center of the museum and seemed to extend up towards the top of the ship and down towards the bottom of the ship. Twilight was drawn towards a particular, purple book. The title of the book read Alberta Sparkle: Journey to the Cure of Polio 5X9. Twilight was about to open it when the Doctor came up and slammed it shut.

"Spoilers, Twilight!" he snapped.

"Right...spoilers," Twilight sighed as she backed away. Derpy and Spike examined a large, glass display full of necklaces made out of dragon teeth.

Derpy turned towards a sign and read, "From 1129 to 2617, Espergio the Golden Dragon made nearly 957,697,482 necklaces from his teeth. His necklaces enabled non-magical beings to use magic and even helped heal several deadly ailments. Some of the remains of his teeth are used today as the basis for medical research in millions of schools across the universe, particularly the Equestrian Academy of Magic and Skills and the Elmheim School of Medical Sciences."

Spike felt his teeth and said, "I wonder if my teeth could heal somepony."

"Maybe Twilight knows a spell that could give them healing powers."

"That would come in handy!"

"Come along! I think it's time we made our way out of here!" the Doctor called. Derpy and Spike sighed with disappointment as they walked back over to the Doctor. Suddenly, the entire ship shook violently and the lights flickered for a few seconds. The ship then let out a loud groan before re-stabilizing itself.

"That doesn't sound good," said Twilight.

"I think I'd like to have a word with our dear captain. What was his name again?"

"John," announced a familiar voice. The Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and Spike turned to see a unicorn stallion with a green coat and a blue mane walking towards them. "Captain John Kemp. I believe you have some explaining to do, Doctor."