• Published 13th Jan 2013
  • 2,523 Views, 39 Comments

Doctor Whooves Episode 8: Maiden Voyage - Doctor Perseus



The Doctor, Twilight, Derpy, and the others arrive on a luxury spaceship in 4376 and soon find that there are some unwanted guests on board.

  • ...
3
 39
 2,523

On Board the Queen Philippine

Chapter 1: On Board the Queen Philippine

Viewing Hall 11, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

The hallway quickly began to fill up with a sea of excited ponies, as well as a series of various other creatures. Tables covered with food of all types hovered into the room and settled into place alongside the wall opposite to the window. The hallway filled up so quickly that the Doctor and the others temporarily became disoriented.

"Quite loud isn't it?" asked a dignified voice. The Doctor looked to see a humanoid rabbit wearing a suit and slacks standing right in front of him. "I usually try to avoid coming to these viewing luncheons but it's not everyday that one gets to see Denum in its prime, eh?"

Fluttershy approached the rabbit and eyed him with awe. He looked exactly like Angel Bunny except in humanoid form. She choked as she said, "You're...a rabbit."

"I would think that to be pretty obvious. Name's Reginald O'Hare. I'm serving as President Jonathon's ambassador and informant for the voyage of this vessel."

"Who's President Jonathon?"

"Are you being serious? Strange. I thought everybody knew Jonathon Clarke by now. He's the President of Epripa."

"Yes! Finally! There's actually creatures in this universe that don't use pony terms! Finally!" the Doctor cheered happily as he proceeded to shake Reginald's hand. "Pleased to meet you, sir! Sorry if my group and I seem rather...uninformed. We don't usually get out much."

Reginald smiled awkwardly at the Doctor and looked at the others with a certain fascination.

"I take it that you're all from Gaia," he said. The others nodded in agreement. "Great planet, Gaia. I went there once for my honeymoon. It didn't end that well. A blasted, hot-headed dragon nearly burned my whiskers off!" Reginald then noticed Spike and cleared his throat. "Oh! No offense!"

"None taken," Spike replied casually.

"So you're from another planet?" asked Fluttershy with awe.

"Epripa. Basically all of its inhabitants are like me. It's just us tall rabbits and our vegetables. Believe me, you haven't lived until you've tasted a carrot straight from the Epripan soil! My mouth waters just at the thought of it!" Reginald replied.

"So...where exactly are we?" Twilight asked.

"How can you not know where you are?"

"Hit my head! Little doozy! Temporary, short-term memory loss."

"Ah. I've come across that a lot. I used to study medicine but I lost interest in it and went into politics. The rewards were much more enjoyable. Well I guess I should start off by saying that you're on the Queen Philippine!"

"Is it a type of ship?" Rarity asked.

"A spaceship. The largest of its kind. Created by a simple pony from Equestria! It's simply amazing! It's nearly the size of the Equestrian capital, Canterlot, and can house over two million passengers!"

"There's two million passengers on this ship?!" Derpy croaked.

"Give or take of few but it's certainly around that number."

"Two million passengers," said Twilight.

"I have a lot of planning to do," said Pinkie Pie.

"More parties, right?" asked Rainbow Dash with a smirk.

"Of course! Two million guests! That would be the party of a lifetime!"

"Party of a lifetime? Trust me. You haven't partied until you've visited EPX541," stated Reginald with a devious grin.

"EPX541?"

"The party planet, well, the current one anyway. Parties all over the planet, 24/7."

Pinkie's jaw nearly dropped to the floor.

"What did ya mean by "the current one?"' asked Applejack.

"The name speaks for itself. EPX541."

Pinkie's eyes widened. She looked at Reginald and said, "You don't mean-"

"Yeah. You'd think they would stop after three or ten. But they had to continue on. I can't believe that they just left 540 deserted pony-made planets floating out there!"

Suddenly, a female bunny in a long blue dress approached Reginald.

"Mr. O'Hare, you've got a call waiting for you in the VC room," she said.

"Right! I forgot to call her earlier!" he said. He turned towards the Doctor and shook his hoof. "I best be on my way. Don't want to keep the wife waiting!"

"Good choice," said the Doctor with a smirk. Reginald chuckled as he walked away with the female bunny.

"The future is strange," said Spike.

"Oh you have no idea!" Twilight chuckled.

Captain's Deck, The Queen Philippine, Orbit of Denum, Space, Winter, 4376 C.E.

Captain John Kemp smiled as he watched over the sea of viewing screens. He was an average-sized unicorn stallion with a lime green coat, sapphire eyes, a ice-blue mane, and a cutie mark consisting of a black ship's wheel. He was alone in the room until a blue earth stallion walked into the room.

"Watching over the ship again, John?" asked the stallion as he sat down in the leather chair that stood in front of the monitor of a million screens.

"Sorry. It's become a bad habit of mine since the journey began," John replied as he gave out a loud sigh.

"She's a beauty. Your father would be proud."

"Yeah. He was a dreamer, wasn't he? Heh. I remember when he used to say stuff like we're gonna make a ship so big that even Celestia's sun is gonna feel jealous!"

"Well you certainly achieved that goal. This has to be one of the best spaceships I've ever been in. Not one problem since the start of the journey!"

"It's only a matter of time, Lee. Something always goes wrong on the maiden voyage. Remember the Star Scream?"

"Yeah. Didn't the captain die of a heart attack on that one?"

"No. That happened on the Utopia. The Star Scream was caught in an asteroid field and was blown to bits."

"I thought that was the Prince Mars."

"Nah. That ship's captain was assassinated on its maiden voyage."

"That sucks."

"Yes, but the point is that we have to be ready for anything! Anything could go wrong at any moment!"

"Come on, John! Nothing bad is going to-"

Lee fell silent. John turned to Lee to see that he had frozen in his seat.

"What's wrong, Lee?"

"Captain, you're gonna want to see this!"

Lee tapped a holographic button and the sea of screens disappeared and was quickly replaced by one, large screen. The screen showed a view of one of the viewing halls.

"Which viewing hall is that?" John asked.

"Number 11. Right in the middle of the ship. Take a look at that," Lee replied. John examined the picture closely and noticed a group of passengers crowding around a particular object.

"Zoom in on that!"

Lee did what he was told and zoomed in the picture. The sounds of a conversation began emitting from the speaker.

"This wasn't here earlier!" said a pegasus mare.

"I think it's simply divine! I can't believe they went through all that trouble to make an exact replica of the TARDIS!" exclaimed a unicorn mare. John's eyes widened as the picture zoomed in on a simple, blue box.

"Oh you've got to be kidding me! Not now! Why now?!" John exclaimed as he pulled out a calling device called the iPhone162-8. "This is Captain Kemp! I want the viewing hall on the 11th floor to be closed off! Nothing gets in or out without my say! The Doctor is on the ship! I repeat! The Doctor is on the ship!"

"So he's really here? The Doctor is on the Queen Philippine?!" Lee asked.

"Yes, and that's bad."

"Why is it bad? Don't you realize that this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity?"

"I understand that, Lee. But there's one thing you should know by now. When the Doctor appears, danger is not too far behind."

John then turned towards the door and stormed outside, making his way towards viewing room #11 and the Doctor.