• ...
1
 13
 1,235

zebras

Note: Okay i have had this chapter done for over a month; but i dident have the time to pre-read. But i got the time, so here you go! My skills have improved; but not in this chapter, in the next one i will have better writing skills.





Chapter 2

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2- TIME approximately 11:45 A.M- location unknown.

“Were almost to the city.” Blue told Wheat run. He could see the city walls. It looked like a fairly big city.

“Good, my hooves are killing me!” Wheat run wined.

“Quit your wining! Once we get into town we still have to find a place to stay.”

“Location discovered: Sarsaparilla Plaza.” Blue’s pipbuck sounded off.

Blue examined the city’s walls. They were around twenty feet tall, and were made from scrap metal. He trotted over to the main entrance. Guarding it were two unicorns, both equipped with combat shot guns. He was stopped by one of the guards hooves.

“To enter the city costs fifty five caps.” The black unicorn said.

“Fifty five caps?” Blue asked staring at the guard. His eyes looked up and down the pony.

“Yes, it costs fifty five caps to enter the city. Pay up, or leave.”

Blue felt anger fill his body; Wheat box never said anything about paying. “No, body said anything about paying.” He knew something wasn’t right.

“It’s a new rule; every pony pays fifty five caps.” He taped his hoof on the ground waiting for the money.

Blue smiled. “What if, when I get in I tell the pony in charge that you charged me caps?” Blue looked at the guard standing at the other side of the door.

Sweat ran down the unicorns face. “On second thought; why don’t I let you in for free, my treat?” The unicorn stepped aside.

“That’s better.” Blue walked into the entrance.

Wheat run caught up to Blue. “Well that was way nice of them!” She said cheerfully.

Blue looked strangely at the filly. Was she really that dumb? “They were trying to scam us!” He told her eyes narrowed.

Her smile diapered. “Really, I thought they were just being really nice?” Her eyes looked back at the guards who were chatting to each other.

Blue didn’t say anything back. He was too busy looking down the city streets. They were going down a large road; filled with shops and stores. It was the nicest place he had ever seen in his life. Most of the shops were made out of old train carts, but others were made out of freshly cut wood. The streets were filled with ponies of all shapes, and sizes.

“Wow, this is nice!” Wheat run said smelling all the scents. Fresh bread filled her nose. “I’ve never smelt bread like that!” She was filled with joy.

Blue was surprised; every city he had ever been to, was run down, dilled with rusting metal, and hunger. This city was filled with life, smells, and food. Other streets lead down to more buildings, shops, houses, and other buildings. He stopped when he saw a tall building at the end of the street. It was a pre-war building, but still stood strong. Near the top it spelled “Travelers in.” The letters were from other buildings it looked like. Some were smaller, and some were deferent colors. It looked like ponyies just slammed the letters on the building. “Let’s stay there.” Blue pointed with one hoof.

“That would work, it looks nice.” Wheat run said sweetly.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2- TIME approximately 12:50 P.M- location Travelers’ in.

Inside the hotel there were tables and chars, all made form fine fabric. Blue was pleased when we saw a huge bar across the room; with pool tables and a bar stocked with hundreds of bottles of drinks.
An earth pony sat at the front counter. He was typing on a thermal, his red eyes glared at the computer screen.
“How much is a night Mr.?” Blue asked putting an elbow on the counter.

The earth pony looked at Blue. “Four caps a room, unless you want the penthouse; that is ten caps.”

Blue skull thought for a moment. Four caps a night could get really expensive if he stayed for the rest of his life; but this would work until he found a cheaper house. “Here, I’ll buy one for one night.” He levitated four caps out of his saddle bags.

The pony slid the caps into his pocket. “Thank you, and here is your key. You can take the elevator or the stairs.” He handed Blue a small metal key.

“See yah later.” Blue trotted over to the elevator. It opened with a click. Wheat run fallowed him into the elevator. There was another pony waiting.

“Good after noon, I haven’t seen you in these parts?” The red coated pony asked.

“Yah, we just got here. Who are you?”

“My name is Whisky breath; but don’t get confused, I don’t drink much. I work at the bar down the street.” He stepped out of the elevator. “If you need anything, just come by the bar; I’ll tell you what ever you need to know.”

“Okay I’ll remember that.” Blue said clicking on the tenth floor. The elevator creaked as it went up. When it opened, it lead to a long hall way. Paint was chipping off the walls, and some of the lights flickered.

“Here is our room!” Wheat run said shoving the key in the door. With a soft click the door opened. The room was large. It had four rooms, one was a bath room; the others where bed rooms, and the largest one was a living room. Wheat run loved the room. It was clean, and had a huge window that viewed the city.

“Wow, I can’t believe this place held together this well during the war!” Blue said feeling one of the beds. The sheets had dust on them, but the blankets had no holes; not like the raider blankets back home.

“There’s food here!” Wheat run said excitedly.

Blue looked were Wheat run was looking. There were boxes of pre-war food; mostly cake and muffin boxes. He was going to have to take them when he left.

“And look over here!” Wheat run pointed out the window. “The city is huge!”

He looked out the window. She was right, the city stretched for a few miles. Looking down he spotted a train station; it had a working train stationed, loading wooden boxes. Ten ponys stood ready to pull the train. “Well, you make yourself comfortable, I’m going outside.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2- TIME approximately 2:25 P.M- location Whiskey breath’s bar.

Blue stepped into the bar; it was based off old fashion bars. With two pool tables, and a small bar, this place was top notch. A few ponys were playing pool, while two other were enjoying drinks. Blue spotted Whiskey breath over at the bar. He was wiping down the bar with a torn rag.

“Hey whiskey breath, can I ask you something?” Blue sat on one of the bar stools.

“Well Shure!” Whisky said pouring a glass of apple whiskey.

“Well, what do ponys do for work around here?” Blue said looking around the bar, all the ponies in the bar looked like wealthy ponies.

“Well, there are lots of things!” He slid the glass over to Blue. “First drink is on me!”

“What kind of things?” Blue asked gulping down the apple whiskey. Blue loved the taste of the apple whisky, much sweeter than most drinks.

“Well, there is the train pulling thing, poor Strong leg hurt his back pulling the train up a steep hill.”

Blue thought about train pulling; but that was hard work, and he didn’t have any time for that. “Anything else?” He asked pulling out a cap to pay for another drink.

“Yah there is protecting duty; but if ya like zebras, it isn’t a job for you.” He poured another glass for Blue.

“Zebras, what do you mean?” Blue said confusedly. Could he mean the zebras that fought the war?

“Zebras you know, there all over the hills. That’s why we have to go out there; they get too close to the city.”

Blue felt shocked. He had never seen a zebra before; but he knew they were dangerous. There the whole reason the war started; but he thought they had left after Canterlot fell. “Your saying zebras are still out there?”

“Yep, and it’s a hard job, we lose fighters every week; but the pay is good.”

Blue gulped his glass of apple whiskey. This was a perfect job; he would finally get to see what a zebra looked like. “Where do you sign up?” He asked unsure if he wanted to join.

“You go over to the solider building, they are letting anypony join right know.”

“Maybe I’ll go over first thing in the morning.”

“Great, do you want any more drinks?”

“Na, I need to get back to the hotel.”

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 2- TIME approximately 7:15 P.M- location travelers in.

Wheat run looked into the cracked bath room mirror; Looking at her green eyes. She had always wanted to know if she was pretty to other ponys. Once back at the farm, another pony stopped by. He was handsome; with a light blue coat. It looked like he liked her; but she would never know, because she never saw him again. Maybe she would find someone in the city that liked her. Wheat run heard Blue Skull enter the room. “Hey blue!” She said rushing out of the bath room to meet him.

“Hey there.” Blue said setting two foam boxes on a table. “I got sandwiches for dinner.” Blue popped open the containers. “I found them over at a corner store.”

Wheat run took a bite out of the sandwich. It was good, much more tasteful then her mom’s.

“Oh Wheat Run, I’m going to get a job as a protector.” Blue said looking at the Pegasus.

“What’s that?”

“Well it’s were I go out and protect the city from zebras.”

Wheat run stopped eating at the word zebras. “Zebras, like the ones who destroyed Equstria?” She asked nervously.

“Yah, but it’s no big deal.”

Wheat run looked at him. Was he serious, zebras would kill him; but, he did kill those two ponys by himself, and he wouldn’t be alone this time. “Can I come?” She asked without thinking.

“No way!”

“Please, I could carry your guns!”

“No!”

Wheat run looked at her hooves. “I want to see what a zebra looks like.” She lied; she just wanted to be with him.

Blue sighed; it would be a good idea to have her carry his guns. He would be able to move faster without carrying them. “Fine, you can come; but you can’t get in my way!”

“Okay!” Wheat run went back to eating her sandwich.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 3- TIME approximately 7:00 A.M- location Sarsaparilla Plaza.

Walking into the Protecting building; Blue found a dozen or so ponys armed, and ready to march.

“What do you need?” A pony asked Blue.

“I’m here to join.” Blue looked at the ponys weapons. They had battle saddles, and assault rifles.

“Well if you have a gun; you can come with.”

“Yah, I got a gun, do I have to fill anything out?” He asked looking around the room.

“Na, just tag along with us.”

Blue was surprised; he didn’t have to sign anything, but it was a rip off that he had to use his ammo. “When he heading out?”

“Right know.”
_____________________________________________________________________________________

DAY 3- TIME approximately 8:30 A.M- location hard wood hills.

The team walked through the desert. After a while they came across a thick forest. It was a coldish day, and the wastes seemed to be dead; Not a single nose.

Blue skull looked at the tall trees. He had never seen a forest before; just dirt, and rocks. “These hills must have a ton of wild life.” He looked at Wheat run, who was examining the tree line.

“I have a bad feeling about this.” She said looking worried at Blue skull.

“It’s fine, nothing is going to happen.” Blue convinced the pony.

“Yah your right, I just can’t get this feeling away.” Wheat run trotted to Blue’s side. “What if the zebras are watching us?”

“If they were watching us, why wouldn’t they kill us know?”

The question puzzled Wheat run. He had a point; zebras would kill ponys whenever they saw them. “Your right, I just need to relax a bit.” Wheat run stopped when she saw a flash in the Connor of her eye. She shot her head to face the forest; nothing was there. Then the flash came again. It was coming from one of the hills. She focused her eyes. There was some sort of an animal in the tree. It had strips, and it held something long. Wheat run went into panic when she figured what it was. She opened her mouth to tell the others; but a loud crack ripped thought the air. She watched as a mid-aged colt fell to the ground.

“Zebras!” A mare yelled.

Cracks from rifles filled the air as Blue pulled out his revolver. He fired into the trees, not knowing if he was hitting anypony. Blood flew onto His coat, as an older colt’s head blew apart. He had to get closer to the tree line. “Wheat run, follow me!” He yelled over to the Pegasus. Blue started to sprint for the tree line. Bullets flew pat him as he jumped into the tree line. A few other stallions and mares fallowed him.

“Move up the trees! Let’s smoke these bastards!” The pony in charge yelled.

For a few moments there were no gun shots. Then we entered an opening. Zebras filled the opening. As they all looked over at us; guns shot from both sides. Blue sprinted into the opening; using his switch blade he slashed at the zebras.

“I got him!” A voice sounded.

Blue was tackled by a zebra. They tumbled down a small hill. Blue bucked off the zebra sending him into a pine tree.

“Shit!” The young male zebra shouted in pain.

Blue stood up; getting ready for a fight. He could hear the gun shots, and shouts coming from up the hill.

“I’m going to kill you!” The zebra said in a prideful tone. He started sprint towards Blue. He spun around sending one hoof towards Blue.

He quickly ducked to the ground. Lunching his self-up words, he hit the zebra in the gut, with his horn; sending its face first into the dirt. He did not hesitate to fight back. Sending a hoof into the zebras face; he landed on top of the zebra.
Blood gushed from the zebra’s nose and belly as he flung around hitting Blue in the mouth. “Take this!” He yelled bucking Blue in his gut.
The heavy ex-raider lifted a few feet; but the zebra’s weak legs could not send him flying back. Instead He fell back down sending both his hoofs into the zebras face; Opening a gash around his ear, and cutting his left eye.
“Arrg, help!” The zebra cried trying to pull himself away from Blue’s grasp; but the strong stallion kept him on the ground.
Blue raised his hoof to kill the zebra; when a strong pain hit his head. He rolled off the zebra.
“Akua save me!” The zebra shouted raising a hoof to another zebra who stood by his side.

Blue looked up to see a female zebra. This one was stronger, and much older than the colt. She had dark blue eyes, and large leg muscles.

“Stay away from my brother!” Akua yelled bucking Blue in the ribs.

He gasped for breath as he stumbled into a tree. This zebra had powerful hind legs.

Akua turned to buck blue again; but this time Blue stood on his hind legs. Missing the zebra’s legs He shot down pushing his entire Wight into Akua’s leg. With a loud snap, the zebra’s hind leg broke.

The zebra cried in pain as she looked at her broken leg. She tried to turn away from the pony; but his Wight pressed down on the broken leg. “Please don’t kill me!” The zebra pleaded to the stallion.

Blue just stared at the weak zebras. They were as dumb as rocks. He looked up the hill when the gun shots stopped. Blue stood still trying not to get the zebras to notice him; but that ended when the male zebra yelled for help. Then ten zebras ran down the hill. Blue got ready to fight them; but they over powered him. Darkness filled his world as a rock hit his head.

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Error: can’t find time or location.

Blue opened his eyes. He laid inside a log cabin; with his hooves tied together. He pulled on the ropes; but they were too tight. He looked around the room. There were no other ponies in the room. Except for Wheat Run who lay next to Blue, still knocked out. “Wake up!” He whispered loudly, towards Wheat Run. She just sat still. Blood ran down her face; from a gash next to her ear.

“What’s going on?” Wheat run asked in a weak voice.

“I think we were taken by the zebras.” He said still in a whisper.

“What!” Wheat run shouted. She started to flap her wings, making a lot of noise.

“Shhhhh!” Blue said trying to hush the panicking Pegasus. “The zebras might hear.” He was cut off by the entering of two zebras.

They flicked on dim lights that hung from the walls. “Why hello?” One said in a creepy voice. “Go get the others, were going to have fun with these guys.” The other ran outside of the cabin.

“Go to hell!” Blue said spiting at the zebras hoofs.

“That’s not very smart pony!” The zebra walked over to the unicorn, and gave him a buck to the stomach. He laughed with joy. “That’s fun right there!” The zebra walked over to Wheat Run. “And for you... Well were going to have some fun you and me.” The zebra crouched to Wheat run and licked her neck.

Wheat run filched as the warm tongue made its way up her neck. She shivered as the zebra licked her ear.

“Stop that!” Blue yelled pulling on his ropes.

“Oh shut up!” The zebra said kicking blue with one hoof. He licked the ear again.

Wheat Run flapped her wings trying to break free; but the zebra just laughed at the pathetic pony. “Stop it!” She yelled pulling her head away from the zebra.

“Why would we do that? We just started.” The zebra said with a sly look. He shot his head around when more zebras walked in the room.

“What were you doing Oluoch?” A female asked trotting over to the male zebra.

“Nothing, I was just saying hi to this Pegasus.” Oluoch said with a joking voice.

“Well do it later, we have to wait for orders.” The female winked at the male.

Wheat run was surprised, were all zebras like this? Chills went down her spine as she thought of what the male zebras were going to do to her.

“Order everypony, order!” an old zebra said walking over to Blue. “So you are the pony that almost killed my son and daughter?” The zebras tone sounded grim.

Blue felt fear surge though his body. The two zebras that he fought were his foals, and by the look of it; this zebra was the leader. He said nothing.

“You are powerful; sadly that power will be wasted.”

The zebras sounding the room started to whisper.
One zebra stood and spoke. “I say we make it long and painful!”

“Yah, I say we send them to the whipping post!” A female shouted.

“No let’s make them into slaves!”

“No!” The leader shouted. The zebras fell silent. “We will kill them in time.” The old zebra leaned the other zebras. “but I think we should wait till morning when the sun is brightest.”

All the zebras left; not even Oluoch stayed. They all left with the leader.

“How are we going to get out of here?” Wheat run said with panic. “That creeper will come back, and with other male zebras!”

“Stop over reacting, I’ll get us out of here.” Blue said looking around the room for a way to get out of the ropes.

“No I’m not going to stop; I have never been touched like that before!”

“Calm down!” Blue shouted at her.

Wheat run stopped. A tear ran down her face. “I don’t want to be here!” She shouted back.

Blue’s mouth opened into a smile when he found a pocket knife on a small table. “Jack pot!” He said happily. With a slight glow of his horn he was levitating the pocket knife off the table. “Look what I found.” He started to cut his ropes.

“That’s great, know hurry up.” Wheat run looked towards the wooden door frame. A figure approached the cabin. “someponys coming!”

Blue hid the knife between his hind legs. A zebra entered the room. It was Oluoch. He approached Wheat run.

“Good news, were killing you with the whipping booth in the morning; but I have a whole night to hang out with you, Pegasus.” His voice sounded grim.

Wheat Run’s eyes widened; as the zebra gently pushed his head into her neak.
The zebra licked her front leg. “I’m trying to make the old man let me keep you.” The zebra laughed. He wrapped his hoof around Wheat run’s torso.
Blue couldn’t take this bastard anymore. He levitated the knife out from under his leg, and sliced deep into the zebra’s neck.
The zebra gasped for breath as his blood choked himself. He dropped dead after a few seconds of bleeding.
Wheat run gasped from the sticky blood all over her coat her coat.

“Chill out!” Blue said cutting his binds. He stood up, and cut off Wheat Run’s binds. “Let’s get the hell out of here.”

“What about your weapons?”

He stopped in his tracks. Tilting his head he said. “Forget them; let’s just get out of this hell whole.”

Sneaking out of the camp was easy; but finding their way out of the woods in the dark, was hard.



Footnote: level up
New perk: zebra hater. You know have a 15% chance of getting a critical hit on a zebra.

Comments ( 3 )

497054>>497269 no it will be sooner then that. I just was waiting for my pre-editor; but he has been so busy lately, so i went back through. So im thinking less then a month:unsuresweetie:.

Reading the last comment, I think it was wrong. And there are many, many mistakes.:ajbemused:

Login or register to comment