• Published 31st Dec 2012
  • 2,675 Views, 93 Comments

Time Waits For Nopony - ThatBronyWithTheClipOns



The story of an ordinary earth pony, given an extraordinary back story.

  • ...
1
 93
 2,675

Chapter 7: Satellite of the Equideks

The next week, Time Turner had his usual story time with the school ponies about his adventures through time and space. This time around he decided to add a new character.

“Now I’m going to tell you about my adventures with a feisty young mare named Ditzy Doo,” began Time Turner.

“You mean Derpy Hooves,” asked one school pony. “How can she be useful? She can barely see?”

“I’ll have you know, that Miss Derpy is the greatest companion I’ve ever had,” said Time Turner.

“More so than Noble Flame,” asked another school pony.

“Noble Flame was a fine companion, and my dearest friend,” said Time Turner. “But Derpy was different because she and I were more than just friends.”

“You dated Derpy Hooves,” asked another pony in shock.

“She’s not just some mare friend,” said Time Turner. “She’s the love of my life.”

“But she’s funny looking,” exclaimed a pony.

“That’s the price she had to pay for saving the world,” said Time Turner with a frown.

“No way,” exclaimed a little pony.

“Big way,” exclaimed Time Turner. “Thanks to her, all of existence was saved from the threat of my greatest enemies, the Equideks!”

All the children gasped upon mention of the Equideks. At this point, Timer Turner had told enough stories to prove that the Equideks may have looked funny, but they were nothing to laugh at.

“You see, the Equideks had set up a special satellite space station,” he began. “That was being used to keep tens of thousands of ponies trapped in a fake paradise world! Using the energy from these pony slaves, the Equideks could power their special satellite to launch a horrible beam across the cosmos, that would destroy everything that wasn’t of Equidek origins!”

Time Turner paused for dramatic effect, taking pride in the looks on the children’s faces. They looks a little frightened sure, but it was also clear that they were totally engrossed in the story.

“I shall continue,” he said. “Derpy and I started setting up a way to override the satellite, so that we could save the slaves inside and wipe out the Equideks at the same time… But it wasn’t going to be nearly that easy! The methodical fiends had managed to set up an ambush on us! ’EXTERMINATE!,’ they yelled in their shrill, evil voice! I didn’t think there was any chance of both myself and Derpy making out alive…so I locked her back inside the TARDIS and had it take her back to her own time and planet. That’s here, of course.”

“B-b-but, how did she end up saving you and all the universe,” stuttered one little colt.

“Patience, little one,” said Time Turner. “I’m getting to that.”

Another pause for dramatic effect.

“Derpy wasn’t going to let me die, no sir,” said Time Turner. “So she attempted to get the TARDIS back to me. But of course, only I could make it go back; and I wasn’t there as you know. But that wasn’t going to stop our intrepid mail mare! But that control panel wouldn’t be removed easily, you know. So, she hooked a chain to the control panel of the TARDIS and the other end to the engine of the Friendship Express.”

“The train,” exclaimed a school filly.

“The very same,” exclaimed Time Turner with great theatrics. “The train took off at top speed, and the control panel came clean off! Derpy approached the panel to order it to go back to where I was…but something happened…something nopony expected! A grand light burst from the very heart of the TARDIS, and it engulfed Derpy! It went into her very being and showed her everything in existence all at once! It gave her a new power; power that she never knew! With her mind, she took control of the TARDIS and brought it back to where I was.”

Another pause for dramatic effect.

“Now, at this point I had no thoughts of being saved,” he continued. “I was fairly certain it was all over. Could you really blame me? I had sent my one means of escape away to save the mare I loved, so I was read to face the end. But I at least had comfort in knowing that the love my life was safe, and my greatest enemies would finally be destroyed!…But then, I heard a familiar noise…and behind me appeared the TARDIS. Even the Equideks were unsure of what was happening. ‘EXPLAIN YOURSELF, DOCTOR,’ they exclaimed in their shrill, evil voices! I, of course, was as confused as them. The doors to the great blue box finally opened, the inside engulfed in a majestic light. Out floated Derpy. And no, she wasn’t flapping her wings, she was just floating there. ‘I am the heart of the TARDIS!’ she spoke, ‘No innocence shall die today! But your evil will!‘ And then, she expelled a huge amount of energy, that sent a wave all over the galaxy! The Equideks were themselves, EXTERMINATED!”

All the children gasped in amazement.

“But, despite saving everything in existence,” he continued. “All wasn’t totally right…you see, a normal pony wasn’t meant to look into the heart of the TARDIS like Derpy did. If she didn’t expel the rest of her energy, she was going to die. I did the only thing I could do…I absorbed the energy myself by giving her a kiss. And then I managed to expel the energy back into the control panel of the TARDIS, repairing it and saving Derpy. But that too, came with a price. Her right eye, still had a bit of the cosmic energy in it. So, her eye was unable to fully recover from the dispersal. One plus to it though, she now saw time the way I saw time; in all it’s splendor! I had somepony else to share that gift with. So, needless to say, it was fortunate that I had fallen for the Ponyville mail mare.”

The silence in the area felt like it was lasting hours.

“That’s so amazing,” shouted a school colt.

“I had no idea Dinky’s mom was so cool,” exclaimed another.

“You have the best mom ever, Dinks,” said a school filly.

The school ponies all gathered around Dinky, asking her various questions about her mother. Derpy showed up unusually early today, to pick up her daughter. She was then ambushed by tons of school ponies.

“We heard you went traveling with Doctor Whooves,” exclaimed a school filly.

“Is it really true your right eye sees time on a cosmic level,” asked a school colt.

“You’re the coolest pony ever, Derpy Hooves,” exclaimed another filly.

Derpy looked in surprise in what was going on. She then looked up at her colt friend with a warm smile. The time artisan smiled back, and gave her a wink.

Author's Note:

I think this is a good spot to end this story. I may have more romantic adventures with Time Turner and Derpy Hooves, only time will tell.

Comments ( 17 )

I might add chapters to this story, but for now I think this is a good place to end it.

It's over???

2007803 I never really intended this to be a long story. But like I said, I might add some more chapters from time to time. But for now I have other ideas I'm working on and I feel this is a good stopping point for the moment.

2007807 Fair enough. I suppose it's back to JanuOW!!!!:ajbemused: Dammit how did she find me???
Anyway, back to AJ, Pinkie, Braeburn, and Mal!!

2007809 Eeyup! :eeyup: And coming soon, my first humanized story! :pinkiehappy:

2007932 I've actually completed this story. But I might add more entries from time to time. For now though, I'm working on some other material.

Well that was delightful :twilightsmile:.At least you will now have more time for The Apple of My Bulls Eye :pinkiesmile:

It's a fairly decent story, but that's about as much as I can say.

I'll give you a thumbs up, but if we were still using the 5 star rating system from a year or so ago, I'd give it, at best, 2, maybe 3, stars.

This is mostly because of your wooden dialogue, and lack of virtually any descriptions. Your characters rarely display any emotion. It makes the story rather boring, and removes much of the emotional impact that it could have.

2267329 I don't see that, I think they display plenty of passionate moments (like when Time Turner is telling a story). But my mind also works different than the average person, so I also tend to have a different way of speaking. And 2 stars would not imply it's bad. But whatever. I'd say thanks for the feedback, but that would be a lie since you were mostly negative. But hey, the internet is all about opinions.

What a cute story, too bad it was so short.

Good job, mate! Interesting concept with "Time Turner". Keep it up!

2311831 I've actually contemplated expanding this story. At the time I was focusing on other stories and I felt that where I ended was appropriate. I have some other ideas stirring around as well, but if I ever have a break from other stuff, I plan to expand on this story some more. Glad you liked.

2312300
You should definately try and expand the story, if you feel like it of course!
I loved the way you portrayed Ditzy aswell, the way she was cautious and alittle defensive when she was asked out, assuming it's due to the fan idea that shes either made fun of or harassed everyday.

But again, It was a delightfull piece of reading, mate. Best of luck to whatever you're making next.:twilightsmile:

2317799 Well her brief dialogue in the show implied she's a bit clumsy and the way she talked reminded me of someone who may have been deaf for a period and then regained their hearing. And since she's a character that's mainly background, she's open to various interpretations. A lot of writers portray her being a bit mentally challenged, which is fine, but I wanted to go the route of her having a normal mentality but that her eye and speech made some assume she wasn't smart. And really it's mainly the younger ponies that think this of her since little kids can be ignorant of things like that.

Derpy as the Bad Wolf? Okay, now that is actually terrifying! :derpytongue2: I wonder who TT will try to pass off as Captain Jack? Shining Armour maybe? Would that make Cadence the equivalent of Gwen?

2556691 To be fair, the Time War has never been told in great detail or shown in Doctor Who. And there won't be any big reveal of Time Turner being a time lord, he's just a regular earth pony.

4317046 Yes it was a reference to Tom Baker. Since Time Turner isn't an actual Time Lord, I simply had him have a different look to him when he was younger to give a nod to Doctor Who. In this case, a perm for his mane.

Login or register to comment