• Published 30th Dec 2012
  • 1,004 Views, 26 Comments

Derpy's Family reunion - thewriter133



Derpy was one to always have sweet dreams and as a fairly enigmatic pony she is widely distrusted by Ponyville. This story is to fill in the enigma surrounding The grey pegasus.

  • ...
15
 26
 1,004

Night 2 continued

Luna of the moon smiled at the party goers. She was very nervous on how to explain what was coming. She looked at each one intently and she felt a hoof on her back. She looked around and saw Blackmane. He was using in red magic to send up something she could not quite make out. as the shower of sparks ended she was startled to see three extra ponies and one zebra in front of her.

She caught a sense of trepidation from Twilight. She heard the warm voice of Blackmane speaking “sorry to call you here my friends and most loyal students. Wait! Where is the gryphon.” They all looked around. He sighed again and tried to contact his most inexperienced student. but all he received for his troubles was an arm. He was startled and dropped it. Blood was still oozing out of the severed claw. He paled considerably when the blood oozed to form the words I HAVE HER. COME ALONE. EVERFREE FOREST. YOU WILL BE MET. With that the arm incinerated.

He looked at Luna who was trying to repress her vomit. He spoke quietly “The only one I know who can control blood is the wyrm. Please Luna, don’t tell me he’s back.”

Luna started tearing up saying “my dear baron our worst fears have been realized. The Wyrm of Destruction is alive again. He aims to conquer all.”

The baron grimaced and held his hoof up to his eye patch. He looked around and said to Luna “You will have to explain to them. I am going to save my apprentice.”

He wandered off not realizing he was being followed by Derpy. She was gliding through the air unseen.

----------------------

Luna looked at those she still had with her. Shadow Runner was standing with his two brothers all looked fierce. He was in some purple armor and wore a blue cape. He growled saying “Is it true princess. Is that foul thing alive?” His brother wore a lighter black armor over his dapple coat. the only one not wearing armor was their youngest brother. Green flames suddenly surrounded the colt and, to everypony’s surprise, a changeling stood there.

Twilight immediately went into attack mode. Luna yelled “HOLD TWILIGHT!” Twilight stopped charging and looked at the princess who continued “There are many changelings in ponyville. they came seeking refuge when my sister made the unfortunate decision to sever them from their queen. He is not the only one is this tent. Am I right Macintosh?”

Where Macintosh stood there was now a taller more muscular changeling who simply nodded. Applejack stepped back nervously saying “What’d you do to mah big brother?”

The changeling warped back into Big Macintosh and spoke “He sent me here in his place. I have been posing as him for three years now. He had to go somewhere. He found me and taught me the apple family ways and traditions. His love for me helped me survive. Just like y’alls love fer him fed me.”

Applejack rushed him and started beating on him yelling “What’d you scum do to him? I’ll kill ya. I swear.”

The changeling posing as Mac smiled saying “He’s around. But the princess has something important to say an I suggestin you listen.”

Luna looked at those present and said “My dear friends as of three hours ago we are at war.”
---------------------------------

Blackmane was walking along the forested path he was following a cocatrice with sunglasses on. As he entered a clearing he groaned and said “when did I get to Wondermane. Knew I shouldn’t have drank that bottle.”

Towering above him was a mystical land. The forest had become crystalline and purple and pink. Several trees were moving around frolicing. He shook his head and sighed. He continued following the cocatrice with sunglasses. He Grimaced when he saw a tattered gryphon sleeping in a cage. He walked over and nudged her saying “Gilda, Gilda my dear wake up.” The gryphon stirred weakly and struggled to get up but colapsed.

A voice behind him spoke “you see I hold the cards. I have, not only, your daughter but I also have your apprentice. Oh how sweet this is. I am salivatng just thinking about it.”

He turned to see Crysalis standing there with Derpy in her magical grip. He smirked saying “I should have figured this trick sooner. You traitor!” With a swift strike Crysalis’ horn severed and she dropped in pain. He shattered the cage and tore off his eyepatch. He lifted Gilda up with his magic and placed the unconcious Derpy on his back. He then bolted. He heard squaking and knew several cocatrice were hot on his tail. He threw the two through the portal and turned to see Crysalis.

She spoke weakly “You’re too late master. The town is already under seige. The abhorred element bearers will die and you, you will be unable to help them.” She slashed him with her newly regrown horn. He fell back into the portal.

He smiled saying “You’ll have to do better than cutting my neck dear traitor.”

The portal closed behind him and he was outside the Everfree Forest with Derpy standing over him. She was wimpering and doing her best to use her newfound magic to heal him.

He whispered in her ear “You have to focus. I know you are scared but if you cannot control your magic you will die.” Derpy focused so hard her eyes lit up golden in the dawn’s light. Pinkie appeared out of nowhere and kissed Derpy on the lips. This was the catalyst Derpy needed for a beam of magic wrapped around her father. His slashed neck healed leaving a nasty scar. He smiled and looked at the sunrise. He would live for another day. Damn was it beautiful.

Author's Note:

another shorty. Hope you been enjoying this as much as i have been enjoying writing it.