• Published 2nd Jan 2013
  • 523 Views, 3 Comments

The Shadow Chronicles - Master-Chief



Fear is natural and so isnt a shadow.

  • ...
3
 3
 523

Escaping scruitny

"Where am I!" Shadow screamed waking up on cold cobblestone floors. The room he was in was small and crammped, dark and qiuet. But a flickering light from that of a flame illuminated the iron bars in front of him.
'Silence. They will come for you. Dont say a word.'
"Okay what do we do then?" He asked mentally.
'Turn into the cobra. Slip past the bars and gaurds to your armor. Then we will leave your body and take the elements.'
"Then after?"
'We will see what happens.'

Twilight and the others followed Princess Celestia and Luna into a corridoor that had a heavy wodden door. Two gaurds stood there still and unmoving.
"I never seen those types of gaurds anywhere princess, where did they come from?"
"Funny you should ask Twilight, they are Shadow's elite gaurds."
"That makes no sence, why would they be here."
"They are not living at all, just a thought with a body."
"So why are they down here?"
"To gaurd a very perticular piece of armor."
The two gaurds walked up to the group. They made low pitched sounds of 'Boy woy' as the walked near. Fluttershy hid behind Rarity. Rainbowdash took to the air and charged the oncoming shadow gaurds.
"Hey you!"
"No Rainbowdash dont!" screamed Celestia and Luna. A long pole that had an irregular J shape and a cyan blue light emminating a blade hummed as it swung through the air.
"Oh my gosh they just tried to get me with their axe's!"
"Please girls stay behind us." Celestia said looking at the two gaurds who magicly levitated the humming axes. The group proceeded on and into the dark chamber. The gaurds closed the doors and gave off a dim light from the glow off their axe's. Celestia used her horn to light a the torches in the room. The light revealed a black armor set that to fit an alicorn. The girls cowered back a few feet, except Twilight who looked at the black armor with curiosity.
"Princess what is.. I mean who's is this?"
"Shadow's my faithful student."
"It is a powerfull set of armor and only can be used by its owner." said Luna.
Twilight inspected the armor more closely.
"Princess is alright if I see it?"
"Sure Twilight but be careful."
'I dont think so.'
"What who said that, reveal yourself."
A cobra slithered its way out of the armor and looked at the group.
'Iv'e revealed myself now what?'
"Shadow I should have known."
'We are not Shadow.'
'You are alot more foolish than I thought originally.'
"Who are you?"
'The spirits that corrupted Shadow.'
'Maybe you should listen to other's problems before banising them.'
'Oh how you broke Shadow all just because you wouldnt listen to him.'
'You dont deserve to rule, you dont take the time to listen to others, especially when they are in need.'
"Then what are you here for?"
'We are here for the elements limitless power.'
'But I'm certain that Shadow want something as well.'
Shadow's body of a cobra changed into his own self, but the eyes were blue again. Shadow adorned himself in his armor. He looked at the gaurds in the back of the room.
'He will also be taking these back.'
The group turned around and the gaurds took them.

Hours later princess Celestia awoke and felt like she was being held. She looked around and saw that the door to the elements was ripped open. She looked at the last enemy she did not want to see.
"Ah yes why hello Celestia long time no see."
"Discord let me go!"
'SILENCE, both of you!'
"My apologies O' dark one."
Shadow was fiddling with the elements and stared deeply at them.
"Discord let me go." Celestia said in a hushed tone.
"Alright I will play your hushy qiuet game with you. I'm truly am sorry princess, Shadow was about to put me in the same predicament you are in unless I didnt help him."
"So you took his offer."
"Yes but I clearly regret it know, this isnt the chaos I like."
"Then let me go and we can get him."
"And what be locked back up again, sorry no can do princess."
Celestia put her head down in defeat but saw Luna and the element bearers in another corner of the room. Luna started to awaken and so didnt the girls. Magicly they were all lifted across the room and a green goo formed all around their hooves.
A evil maniacle laugh ecohed in the room. They struggled to get free but to no avail. Chrysallis appeared at the door with a wicked grin plastered on her face.
"Oh how joyfull is this, We are all going to get what we want. Haha!"
'You wont get anything.'
"What do you mean?" Chrysallis asked with a hint of fear in her voice.
"Yes prey tell what do you mean O' dark one?"
'You are all pawns in my little chess game.'
"Pawns?"
'Yes and I do think that I have used you all enough.'
'Discord if you would please set the princess down.'
"I dont think I will."
'Defiance is futile.'
Then Shadow looked directly into discord's eyes, and the next thing you knew it Discord was spliting apart with bright lights streaming out of his body. Then poof he was gone. Celestia stood strait up and looked at Shadow menacingly.
'If you would please detain Celestia, Chrysallis I will let you go and not let the same thing happen to Discord happen to you.'
She did as she was told and sealed Celestia to the ground. She hung her head down low and walked towards Celestia.
"For what its worth I'm deeply sorry."
Celestia didnt say a word and let the changling alicorn walk away.
'Chrysallis hope your not going anywhere.'
"Why do you ask?"
Then she to as well began to split apart with white lights, soon she was gone from the face of the planet. Shadow fiddled more with the elements till they started to glow and hum.
'Finally we did it.'
'You are free to go Shadow.'
With that Shadow was thrusted out of the armor and skidded along the floor before Luna.
"Im sorry."
"If thee are sorry help us out."
"Im sorry I cant." He said looking at the spirits that held his armor.
"Please thou are our only hope."
Shadow struggled to stand up but eventually did. He limped over to each of the element bearers and freed them from their bonds.
"Thank you Shadow." They said in unison.
"Twilight call over the elements."
She lifted the elements away from the spirits grasp.
'Hey!'
"Now Twilight!" Shadow said jumping on the walking armor. The six mares floated above the ground, a light was being formed around their mass and a rainbow shot out and dived towards Shadow and the spirits. The stone encasing formed up along their body's at a slow pace.
'Was it worth it Shadow?'
"To keep you away from others, yes I do believe it is."
'Well welcome to another milenia with us Shadow.'
'Yes Shadow welcome.'
'You will pay Shadow.'
"No you will be the ones to pay."
"Shadow?"
Shadow looked up to see Celestia and Luna looking at him.
"I'm sorry princess'."
"No I am sorry Shadow, I should have listened to you."
"We would like to see thou once again."
Shadow smiled for once in his life and redirected his attention to the already cement sealed enemy of his. A black edge formed at the ends of his eyes, but soon it was nothing but blackness. "He made the ultimate sacrifice for us." is all Celestia said before leaving her sister with the statue.
"We are truly sad for what has happened to thee, we wish there was yet another way to solve this but it seems that this was the only viable way. I'll miss thee."
She kissed the Shadow's stone cheek and walked away.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment