• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 997 Views, 2 Comments

Rumarrow's Year in Ponyville - Rumir



A young stallion called Rumarrow came to Ponyville to search his lost brother, Rumir. But he also met Rainbow Dash with who he had the best days!

  • ...
15
 2
 997

Cp. 6: Where is Rumarrow?

Rumarrow's year in Ponyville
Chapter 6: Where is Rumarrow
(featuring Rumir, Rainbow Dash, Soarin’, Twilight, Spitfire, Rumarrow, Rainbow’s Mum)

“Uhh? Oh, that was a night! Maybe I will stop making so many parties!”

“RUMIR!”

“Ahh... what, or better, who was that?”

“WHERE IS HE?”

Rumir was confused. He asked who was there.

“RUMIR, YOU... WHERE IS MY ARROW?”

“Oh, it’s you, Rainbow... Why are you here... in my home?”

“Your door, it was not closed! But that doesn’t matter now! You know where Rumarrow is! He’s gone... again! And that is your fault. You talked with him and now... You are really crazy!”

“Wait, why is it my fault that he is gone?”

“You have talked with him! Here is a letter he wrote me before he had left me!”

Rumir took the letter. He began to read: “Dear Rainbow, I have to say that this are the last words you will see from me. I don’t want that I will like my father. Now I’m away and it’s better so! Maybe our foal will be very pretty.
I know that you can’t take it alone in your hooves. So I want that Rumir will help you with the little foal! I know he will refuse my request. But he has to! It’s not for me, it’s for you... and our little foal! So please give him this letter and... If you read this, Rumir: Thank you for give me the right direction! I will never forget you!

-Rumarrow”

“So, anything to say, mister?”

“Well, I... You don’t get it!”

“How do you mean that? You told him that he have to fly away and be a coward!”

“No, I didn’t! I only told him to...”

“Please stop it! Stop telling me a lie and say the truth!”

“But it is the truth! I found him and told with him. After minutes of talking he said that he will come to you.”

“What have you talked about?”

“We talked... about... several things.”

“What exactly?”

“What happened after the wedding...”

“WHAT? WHY HAS HE TOLD YOU THAT?!”

“Because... He needed my advice!”

“When he will come back soon, he will...”

Suddenly Rainbow started to cry because of pain.

“Hey, what’s wrong with you?”

“My stomach... It hurts...”

“It’s because of the pregnancy. You have to calm down and stay home. You need to rest!

“But I can’t! I have to fly!”

“Rainbow! You have to! You want a hale foal, right?”

Rainbow Dash had to whine... But she didn’t. She started to talk with a calm voice.

“You are right. I have to rest. But please, you have to find him again. You are the only pony who can find him.”

“If you’re resting now, I will search for him!”

Rainbow Dash grumbled: “OK, but please search him, quick!”

“Now fly... better go home and stay there, I will be right back!”

Rainbow Dash went home and Rumir started searching for Rumarrow. He flew to The Hoof Tavern where he had found him there before. But when he entered the tavern he couldn’t see him.
Rumir flew many hours from here to there and back. But he couldn’t find him anywhere. So he went to Rainbow Dash to tell her that Rumarrow can not be found.

“Rainbow Dash?”

“Rumir? Why were you so long away? Have you find Rumarrow?”

“Unfortunately not. I can’t find him. I was at the tavern, in all hotels, everywhere! In the library, in Cloudsdale, in the Everfree Forest... No Rumarrow.”

“But...”

Tears in the eyes of Rainbow appeared.

“He is my Arrow... why is he... leaving me?”

“It’s the same reason. He don’t want to be like his father.”

“So we have to find him...”

“He is somewhere... nowhere... anywhere!”

“I... can’t trust you! You hide something!”

“What? Why do you think so?”

“You have to know something about your father. Please tell me everything!”

“What are you talking about? My father is like an anonymous pony! I don’t know anything about him!”

“If you say so... But now, where is Rumarrow?”

“Maybe he’s in Los Pegasus! That’s a long trip! But if he is there, I will bring him back.”

“And what’s with me?”

“If you want you can search for Rumarrow. But please: Don’t overdo it!”

“I won’t!”

“OK, then, see you when I found him!”

“Bye!”

Rainbow Dash was worried and angry at the same time. Rumarrow was away, has left Rainbow. But he had a good reason. She was confused. So she went out to get fresh air. When she started to search, Soarin’ appeared randomly.

“Hey... uhh, Rainbow Dash, right?”

“Yes, it’s me... What are you doing right now?”

“I’m searching for... something.”

“Oh, OK. If you see Rumarrow, can you please tell him that I’m missing him?”

“Wha? What happened? Is he gone?”

“Yeah, he is... But...”

“Oh my, Rainbow Dash, you are very sad now, or?”

“Not very sad!”

“Yeah, OK, I have to go now. See you later. And congratulations!”

“See you... Wait a minute? For what?”

“You are pregnant, aren’t you?”

“Yes, but who told you that? Me not!”

“Rumarrow told me that.”

“But he knew it since yesterday. And he is gone since last night.”

“Ehh, but... I have to go now! It’s very late too! See you!”

And Soarin’ flew away. Rainbow Dash flew home to go into bed. It was a hard day for her and she needed to sleep.

“Maybe I will find him tomorrow... but where?”


When Rainbow Dash woke up, she saw a letter on her face.

“I’m sorry, Rainbow. I can’t go back home to you. It’s a big mission waiting for me. I’m so sorry that I won’t come back!

-Rumarrow”

After she walked out of her room she smelled something.

“Hey, what’s that? Pie? What is a pie searching in my house?”

She picked up the pie.

“Hey, I know this taste! Blueberry. But I’m not hungry now.”

She put the pie on a table. Maybe for the diner she thought. When she was ready to search more for Rumarrow she had one brilliant idea. Twilight could have a spell that might allow her to look where he is. She flew to Twilight for the spell.

“Twilight, please help me!”

“Rainbow, why are you waking me... at 6AM?”

“I need your help. Please tell me that you have a spell where I can find my Arrow!”

“Sorry, but I’ve never heard about that kind of spell.”

“That is not possible!”

“But I have a spell I always wanted to test. It’s a spell that only works with two married ponies.”

“WHAT? Please, use it!”

“OK, when I have used it, you will see for 15 seconds what... your Arrow is seeing.”

“Don’t talk! Too much times wasted!”

“OK, calm down... Here we go.”

“Ehh, Twilight? What is haaaaaaaaaaaa.....”

“Rainbow? Rainbow! Oh, no! NO, NO, NO!”

Rainbow Dash is randomly disappeared. Twilight started to panic and tried to find a redo spell.

“Where is it? Where is the spell? Reanimate, Rebirth, Reception, Redox... Ahhh!! WHERE IS THE SPELL? I have to fix it! But...”

Suddenly Twilight was interrupted by an explosion.

“What was that? Spike? Was that you?”

“Twilight, what are you asking? I’m back, from the view of my Arrow.”

“And? What did you see?”

“I saw a house. And... there were many pies! On the floor... I haven’t seen so many pies yet.”

“Pies? Who has pies on a floor?”

“I know somepony!”


Rainbow Dash had only one chance. If she will miss it, she would never find Rumarrow. She couldn’t think about her and the foal... alone. Rainbow Dash took off and flew directly to Cloudsdale. She knews only one pony, better only one pegasus that loves so much pie. When she arrived at Cloudsdale, she stopped at a house.

“Hey there, Rainbow Dash!”

“Whaa... Oh, hey Spitfire. How’s it going?”

“Everything is alright... And I saw the brother of Rumarrow today... He told me, that you are pregnant. Is that right?”

“Yes, it’s right.”

“Oh, many congratulations! And where is Rumarrow?”

“Well, he is... Can I come in?”

“Sure, no problem!”

They entered the house. It was the home of Soarin’ and Spitfire.

“Sweetheart, I’m home!”

“Hey, how was the tra..ra..ra.. Rainbow Dash!?”

“Yes, my name is Rainbow Dash. Problem?”

“No, he didn’t expected you... I mean I didn’t expected you... I mean, argh!”

“Hey, what’s going on over there?”

“Rumarrow?”

“Oh... Well, hey Rainbow... Uhh, what are you doing here?”

“I COULD ASK YOU THE SAME!”

“Soarin’? What is he doing in our home?”

“Well... Rumarrow, it’s time to say the truth!”

“But.. I can’t!”

“TELL ME THE TRUTH, RUMARROW!”

“...OK, Rainbow... but don’t hate me! I left you, because I can’t do it. I am the one pony that would be a bad father!”

“Rumarrow! You can’t believe how shocked I was when I found your letter! Why haven’t you told me that personally?”

“Because I thought you would hate me...”

“I would hate you for that... but I can’t!”

“Huh? How do you mean that?”

“Well... Look, you have left me but I love. And I need you very much! Please, come back!”

“Rainbow... You are everything for me... and... I will stay now! You can trust me!”

“But... don’t leave me again. I want you to stay with me. We are expecting a foal.”

“OK... I will stay!”

“Oh, thank you!”

“Now... to you, Soarin’! Why are you hiding Rumarrow here?”

“Because... you know, he is my family...”

“Totally forgotten. But don’t do that again sweetheart!”

And so Rumarrow and Rainbow flew together home.

“And what is when it’s born?”

“Trust me. It won’t be bad.”

“We can go to Rumir. I think he can help us!”

“Why that?”

“Because I can’t trust him! He knows more about my father than he is talking.”

“How do you know that?”

“He is my brother!”


When they arrived at Rumir’s home, they knocked on the door.

“Rumir, are you there, brother?”

“Hey, Rumarrow! You are back. Where were you?”

“That doesn’t matter... I only want to know what are you knowing about my father.”

“I don’t know anything about him!”

“Don’t lie! Tell me everything! NOW!”

“Rumarrow, can’t you see how confused he is?”

“Yeah, I see... Because he lies to us!”

“Brother, what... are... you... TALKING?”

“I only want to know who my father is.”

“Fine. If you stop asking...”

“Now tell!”


“My father... our father was a famous pony. He was known as ‘The Lighting’. He was the fastest flyer in whole Los Pegasus and around. He was faster than the Wonderbolts. When I was born, he didn’t accept me first. But after many diskussions he started to love me like a father has to. Your birth was not surprising. You were planned! But when you was born, father was shocked. You had... have eyelashes. He wasn't happy about that. He thought you would be too female... But he loved you too. Only his friends brought him to leave us. And this is the whole story about our father!”

“But why hasn't he accepted you when you had been born?”

“Because he needed his freeplace to fly and fly.”

“Ohh, Arrow, please! Can we go home? I fell sick!”

“Yes, well... Good bye then!”

“Bye, Rumir!”

“Bye, you two!”

Rumarrow and Rainbow Dash flew now home. They flew not so fast because Rainbow felt sick. When they arrived at home and entered the home, they heard suddently a noise out of their room.

“Who is there? I will fight! Come to mama!”

“I thought I have to say ‘Come to mama!’?”

“Mom, are you there?”

“Of course, my darling! It’s me!”

“Oh, mom! I haven’t seen you since you sent me on the academy for best flyer!”

“I know... Look how grown you are! And... Is that a...?”

“Mom, I’m pregnant!”

“Rainbow, I’m speechless! I’m so happy to you!”

“Thanks, mom!”

“And who is this?”

“Ahh, this is Rumarrow! He’s my husband!”

“How did you get him? He’s wearing eyelashes!”

“I love him because he’s funny, he is the cousin of Soarin’ and he saved my life!”

“Ma’am, you have a very lovely daughter!”

“And you are very brave! Please, she is a wild pegasus! You have to control her a little!”

“OK, hope I won’t fail!”

“Fail at what?”

“On nothing, darling!”

“Why are you here, mom?”

“Because I have to visit you... And tell you that I live now here in the near!”

“How cool is that?”

“I can’t say it, I don’t know her!”

“Oh you will...”

“Love me! I won’t disturb you two!”

“Yeah... OK, but tell me: How are Rainbow Dash in very young year?”

Rainbow’s mother told him everything and Rumarrow got a light hoof punch on the shoulder. And when the three have talked about many things, the mother had to go.

“Don’t forget! It’s christmas soon!”

“Oh, we know! See you next time, mom!”

“Bye!”

“Bye, you two!”

And so the day ended with a happy end... but for how long?