• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 997 Views, 2 Comments

Rumarrow's Year in Ponyville - Rumir



A young stallion called Rumarrow came to Ponyville to search his lost brother, Rumir. But he also met Rainbow Dash with who he had the best days!

  • ...
15
 2
 997

Cp. 5: The Day After

Rumarrow's year in Ponyville
Chapter 5: The Day After
(featuring Rainbow Dash, Rumir, Rumarrow, a doctor)

“Uhh? Where am I? Oh, it’s my home... but where is my Arrow?”

Rainbow Dash was wondering what happened last night. She woke up in her house and knows that she was with Rumarrow on a nice place with the best view all over Ponyville. And then... she couldn’t remember.

“Rumarrow? Are you here?”

But it was only silence. Rainbow walked in her house upstairs and downstairs. Rumarrow wasn’t there.

“Rainbow Dash?”

“Rumarrow? Are you there?”

“Sorry to disappoint you, but it’s only me, Rumir.”

“Hey, Rumir! Have you seen Rumarrow? I’m searching for him!”

“Rumarrow? Isn’t he with you?”

Rainbow Dash made a real sad face. It said that she was near to cry.

“Well, maybe he... is gone because there was something last night he want not to talk about...”

“But you can talk about it!”

“I can, but it’s something Rumarrow only have to tell you.”

“OK, but there is only one question! Where is he now?”

They thought about where he could be.

“Is that what happened very bad?”

“It changes his life! It’s so bad!”

“Then he is only at one place... The Hoof Tavern!”

“What is he searching in a tavern?”

“I don’t know, but we can ask him and...”

“I won’t come with you... He won’t see me because this last night... It’s unforgettable what happened...”

“Well, if... you say so... But I will tell you everything I get!”

“OK, but... don’t say that I’m searching for him!”

Rumir nodded and flew away. He flew to the tavern called “The Hoof Tavern”. When he entered the tavern he saw his brother sleeping.

“Psst, Rumarrow! Hey, wake up!”

“Uhh, wha?”

“Hey, why are you here and drinking... tons of applejuice?”

“Cuz... Iz Nothin for ya!”

“What are you talking? You have to come out of here.”

“Why should I?”

“Because... umm..”

He hadn’t got a reason... only that Rainbow Dash was searching for him. But he couldn’t told him that because Rainbow had forbidden it.

“Well, iz seemz you havn’ anythin... important?”

“You need my help! You are a pony that isn’t drinking so much! So, why are you here?”

“Brother, please... OK, I tell you everything. Please, sit down!”

Rumir and Rumarrow sat down to an old table with old seats.

“So, what happened last night?”

“You know that we was at this wonderful place you told me. And when the sun was down...”

Rumarrow started to talk about, what happened after sunset last night.


“Isn’t it beautiful, my Arrow?”

“But it’s not as much as you!”

“That shouldn’t hear Celestia.”

“But who...”

“...cares about...”

“...her now?”

They started to laugh.

“It was the best idea to search for Rumir. If I wouldn’t came to Ponyville, Pinkie Pie would...”

“Please, not now, my Arrow! It’s our time now!”

“You’re right...hmm...”

“What’s the matter? Aren’t you happy? You have married me, your dream pony.”

“Yes, that is it... We are married. That was a change in our lifes. And that’s not all!”

“How do you mean that?”

“Well... what is with... little foals?”

Rainbow Dash was scared about that what Rumarrow told.

“You mean, little...”

“Yes...”

“And you are thinking about having some?”

“Not now... of course not!”

“But they are... cute, like the Cake-Family. Have you ever seen the little babies?”

“They are very cute, yeah, you’re right! But... you haven’t to...”

“But... I... want!”


“And then brother... you know!”

“Ehh... better know as few details as possible, right?”

“Yes, right. But now after this all happened... I hide for Rainbow Dash...”

“But why?”

“If she is pregnant, me as father? Did you forget what our father have done to us?”

“I know...”

Their father left their mother after Rumarrow has been born. His eyelashes was to embarrassing for their father.

“I even don’t know his name. Mother told me that this is not important... And you? You know father’s name?”

“Actually, not.”

“OK, but thanks for cheering me up!”

“No problem, little brother. But go to Rainbow Dash now! Certainly she is waiting for you!”

“OK, brother. See you later!”

“Bye!”

Rumir went to a good friend of him and Rumarrow flew to Rainbow Dash. He didn’t know what to say... What if she hates him... No, she wouldn’t.

“Dashi? Are you here?”

“Why have you left me?”

Rainbow Dash sat on her bed with the face to the wall.

“Rainbow, it’s not what you think! I...”

“How do you know what I’m thinking? You can’t read minds!”

“I know, but...”

“...but you think that you will be a bad father.”

“Rumir told that story!”

“No, you told me that, a few seconds ago.”

“OK, now you know it and I will tell you everything about ‘the story’!”

“Then...”


“When I was born I had my birth defect.”

“Your eyelashes, right?”

“Right. And after 2 days friends of my father came to visit me in the hospital. But when they saw me they started to laugh. They saw my eyelashes and... My father was very embarrassed.”

“That is very hard.”

“Yes, and that’s the reason why he left us!”

“What did he? He left you, Rumir and your mother?”

“And I don’t want that this happen again.”

“Oh, my Arrow! You won’t fail as a father. You haven’t failed ever! A pony who has beaten Discord is the best father in the world!”

“If you say so... You are the best mare ever!”

“And you’re the best colt!”

And after the lovely words they kissed.


One week later Rainbow Dash felt ill. She had to puke and she didn’t know the reason.

“Rumarrow, please help me!”

“What is it?”

“I feel... very... ill...”

“I can see it!”

“Please, Rumarrow, help me!”

“There is only one help in whole Equestria: a doctor!”

They went together to the hospital. There the next best doctor helped Rainbow Dash and asked her several questions.

“Headache? Stomach ache?”

“No. Yes.”

“Something bad eaten today?”

“No, not that I know of!”

“Then there are only two possibilities: You are pregnant, or you have some bad viruses that will kill you in one or two weeks. And one question will show us the truth. Please tell me: Have you slept with a colt?”

Rainbow Dash didn’t know what to say. If she say yes, she would be pregnant. And that would mean that she can’t fly because she has too much weight. If she say no, she would lie to all ponies and would make a big fiasco because she might have one week to live.

“Please answer it. Have you slept with a colt?”

“Rainbow, say it! There is only one answer that is right. And we know it!”

“...yes, I did.”

“Well then. Congratulations! You are pregnant. But let me say: If you have bigger stomach ache if you are flying, you need rest. And you, Mr. Rumarrow: Give her mental assistance! If she hasn’t got some, your foal would be psychologically ill.”

“OK, got it!”

“Rumarrow, can we go home, I’m very tired!”

“No problem, my Dashi!”


When they arrived home, Rainbow Dash freaked out.

“Oh my gosh, oh my gosh, oh my gosh! We are getting a foal.”

“Yes, isn’t that fantastic?”

“Yes, but how will their name be?”

“I don’t know, and we don’t know whether it is a boy or a girl.”

“You’re right. Better think about it when we know more.”

When they go to bed, Rumarrow had only one thought: He would be a bad father and don’t want that the same will happen again. So he only had one choice to do. For Rainbow Dash, for the unborn foal! He had to run away. He writed at a piece of paper a letter and flew away.