• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 997 Views, 2 Comments

Rumarrow's Year in Ponyville - Rumir



A young stallion called Rumarrow came to Ponyville to search his lost brother, Rumir. But he also met Rainbow Dash with who he had the best days!

  • ...
15
 2
 997

Cp. 4: A Ponyville Wedding

Rumarrow's year in Ponyville
Chapter 4: A Ponyville Wedding
(featuring Rumarrow, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Twilight Sparkle, Rarity, Luna, Rumir, Pinkie Pie, Applejack, Mayor Mare, Celestia, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Soarin’, Viola)

“They won’t forget what they did. If they want to fight, they get their fight!”


One month later after Rumir went away by envy the wedding has to begin. The preparations was the best you can get in Ponyville. The wedding will be in the town hall.

“Oh, Fluttershy. Thanks for helping me with the last things for the wedding.”

“No problem, Rainbow. I know that you are busy so I may help you.”

“Dashi, I have good news and bad news.”

“What’s happened, my Arrow?”

“My family will coming to the wedding.”

“I think that’s the good news.”

“The bad news are that my brother comes too.”

“Wait what?”

“Yes, Soarin’ and Spitfire comes too.”

“You mean your cousin and Spitfire, my Arrow.”

“Yup, but that isn’t a problem, or?”

“Oh, of course not, Rumarrow!”

But it was a problem! She remembered the time where she was with Soarin’ at a cloud. They have looked into the others eyes. But when they’ve wanted to kiss Spitfire has appeared and they haven't been alone. She hoped that Soarin’ forgot what happened, better what not happened at this cloud.

“Um... Rainbow, we have to... see for the food... if you aren’t busy.”

“Yeah, you’re right! You can go, I’m coming in a few minutes... And you, my Arrow. We see us soon!”

“Bye, my Dashi!”


Rumarrow had to think about Rumir. Is he a very jealous pony that he would do this? Why is he coming when he has said that he can’t trust them? Rumarrow was very sad by thinking about that. A month or two were over when he has found his brother. Now Rumir is gone again. This was the worst thing that can happened because Rumir was one witness of the wedding. The wedding is only perfect when both witnesses of the wedding are present.
Suddently he met a friend.

“Hey Rumarrow. How are the last preparations for the wedding going on?”

“Hey there, Twilight Sparkle. They are going fine. But I still have to do some very important things.”

“Before you do these, you have to come with me! Rarity asked me for bringing you to the boutique! Since she has finished cleaning up the mess the robber had done she started with your suit.”

“Oh right, my suit! Come, quick!”

So Twilight and Rumarrow went to the Carousel Boutique to get his suit.


“Hey Rarity. I have brought you...”

“No time to talk! My darling, come in! Here is your suit. You have to try on it. I’ve worked a long time at your suit because I hadn’t made a suit for a pegasus ever! So this is one of my projects I want to be proud of! And you have to say whether it fits!”

“Rarity, calm down! It will fit... And it fits!”

“Oh, thank godness! You don’t know how exhausting it was to make your suit!”

“I really... don’t know how to... say it.”

“What to say, my darling?”

“How your... work is...”

“Try it to say it in one word, Rumarrow! Rarity will be happy. You know I had the same problem too... She made for all of...”

“Indescribably!”

“Pardon?”

“Your work. Your work is indescribably. You are the best suitmaker ever! And I know many!”

“Oh, thank you, darling! You are one of the ponies who value my work!”

“By the way: Rarity, do you have the suit for Rumarrow’s brother?”

“The suit for Rumir... Yes it’s here! Do you want to take it with you?”

“Sure...”

But Rumarrow didn’t know whether his brother would come.

“OK, now I have my suit. I have very important things to do now! Thank you, Rarity!”

“No, I have to thank you! Hope we see us soon! Bye!”

Twilight and Rumarrow said “Bye” to Rarity and went on.

“So, what are these ‘very important things’ you have to do?”

“First I have to go to the town hall. There will I look whether everything is alright for the wedding because it’s tomorrow.”

“You’re right! Princess Celestia will come with Princess Luna and another very important pony. She hasn’t told me anything about her.”

“Well, maybe they will bring a royal pony. But who?”

“Nevermind! Better you do your things and I will look for the rolay carriage.”

“OK, see you.”

Twilight went to her library and Rumarrow to the town hall.


In the town hall he saw how beautiful the decorations was. All the lovely flowers! The place where the orchestra will play. Outside will be the celebration. There was the DJ desk ready for Vinyl Scratch. The table where Rainbow Dash, he and royal family will sit.

“And the day tomorrow will be one of your best day!”

“Princess Luna!”

“Yes, it’s me. I came a bit earlier to see whether everything is alright. And it seems it's so.”

“Yes, everything is at the right place! May I ask you something?”

“Yes, you can!”

“Who is the special pony who will come with you and Princess Celestia?”

“I shouldn’t say it to somepony... But you are the groom. This pony, better this alicorn is our cousin. Her name is Viola. She is a relative young pony but she knows every royal Canterlot Traditions.”

“OK, thanks for the information.”

“No problem! But now I have to fly back. We see us tomorrow!”

“Good night, Princess Luna!”

It was already night. The moon rise wasn't so far from the time away. Because he knew who was the unknown and royal pony he flew to Twilight’s library.


“Hey Twilight! I know who the special guest is.”

“Me too! How do you know that?”

“I asked Princess Luna... And from who do YOU know that?”

“Guess, brother!”

“R-R-Rumir?!”

“Surprised to see me?”

“But how? Why? Aren’t you jealous anymore?”

“Me? Jealous? But why that, brother?”

“Haven’t I told you that I don’t need Rainbow Dash for the Rainbow Factory?”

“No, but...”

“But what? You have your answer. Now, it’s really late. Where can I sleep, Twilight?”

“Right there, behind this door.”

“OK, I will go. I have to sleep too.”

“Then, we see us at the wedding!”

“Wait, what?”

“I’m a witness of the wedding. Forgotten? You have said it. And before you ask: the second one is Fluttershy!”

“How do you know that?”

“Ask the bride!”

Then Rumir closed the door immediately.
So Rumarrow flew back to Rainbow’s house. He opened the door quiet. All light were off and Rainbow Dash was already sleeping. So he went to his bed and slept too.


The next day Rumarrow woke up in the early morning. Rainbow Dash was already awoken and out of the house. Today was the day, the wedding!

“Knock, Knock! Anypony home?”

“Who is there? I’m very busy!”

“Ohh, not a very special pony but your brother!”

“What do you want?” Rumarrow opened the door.

“I heard you have taken my suit with you when you had visited with Twilight Rarity. Indeed it’s a suit for a gala but it looks like one made for a wedding. So I can wear it.”

“Right. Yes, your suit... It’s in my wardrobe. I have to wear my suit too. Can you take it out of the wardrobe?”

“Sure, no problem, brother!”

Rumir went to Rumarrow’s wardrobe. He opened it and didn’t find it.

“Hmm... Maybe he would hide it somewhere... Or maybe he put it between the other clothes.”

Rumir took his suit. It was a black one like his brother’s one. After minutes of putting on Rumir said that was waiting a surprise.

“You have to come outside if you want to see it.”

“No! I wait in the house for the carriage to the town hall.”

“Urgh... Only one look!”

“...OK! But if this is a trap... Wait, a royal wagon? Seriously?”

“Yes, I have some contacts to the royal family. So I could get a wagon like this one.”

“I see it was a long time since you had been away!”

“Yup, that’s right, brother. Come, we have to go now!”

“Ehh... Right! Let’s go!”

But Rumarrow didn’t understand what contacts Rumir had with the royal family. If he ask him out about that, he only said: “Brother, you have more important things to do but thinking about that!”

After a not long trip with the royal wagon to the town hall Rumarrow was a litte bit nervous.

“Brother, what’s the matter? You look like an old apple.”

“It’s the day! I will marry Rainbow Dash today! We will live together! We will be a family... And I don’t know if I can do this.”

“Look, you are one tough pony who has survived Pinkamena’s attack, who discovered the 7th powerful Element of Harmony. Indeed these are only two arguments for your bravery but they are strong enough to show how brave you are! And you want now to run away? Today you are with RD the important ponies! You are Rumarrow! You can do this, brother!”

“Yes, you are right! I can do this!”

They exited the wagon and went to the town hall.

“Hey look girls! There is the groom! Hey Rumarrow! It’s me, Pinkie! You remember me, right? We have beaten together with the others Discord! I told you, after that all I was very hungry and I went to the Sugarcube Corner to eat a very big cake! Then a few days later we had to move away. ‘We’ are Mr. Cake, Mrs. Cake and me, Pinkie Pie! But since the day before yesterday we moved back to Ponyville. And yesterday Rainbow Dash was at the Sugarcube Corner. She asked for food because she will marry somepony! She didn’t tell me who because she though I knew it already. But I don’t know it. Do you know?”

“Ehh... I... guess you will see it in... a few minutes.”

“Oh, will she marry today?”

“Yes, here... in the town hall!”

“But aren’t you marry here a pony today?”

Rumir whispered to Rumarrow: “Just say ‘Yes!’ and she will leave you alone.”

“Y... Yes, Pinkie! That’s right!”

“Hmm, I don’t get it. I will think about it. I need some spiritual space!”

“Good job, Rumar’!”

“How?”

“Rumar’, a shorter version. It’s old Apple Family Tradition to call friends with shorter names if they have a long name.”

“OK, ehh... Jack?”

“Please, don’t call me Jack. That is too masculine! Better is AJ.”

“OK, AJ!”

“And Rumarrow? What have you asked Princess...”

“Guys, I got it! Rumir is marrying later! Now will Rainbow marry!”

“Wrong, Pinkie. Try it again if you want a special cake!”

“CAKE!”

Pinkie Pie jumped in the air and landed into a tree.

“Now we have more time to talk! Go on, Twilight.”

“What I wanted to ask was...”

“Everypony! Princess Celestia has arrived! Please enter now!”

Mayor Mare asked everypony to enter the town hall because Princess Celestia will hold the ceremony. Rumarrow, Rumir and Fluttershy went to the front.

“OK, Octavia, your job!”

“Yes!”

Octavia was there with her orchestra for the classic musical atmosphere.
In the next moment the bride, Rainbow Dash, entered the town hall. This was the moment where Rumarrow saw her in the wedding dress! It was a fine white dress. Rainbow was adorned with a pretty red rose. After she has slowly walked to the front she whispered into Rumarrow’s ear: “This is our moment!”

“Mares and Gentlecolts! We all came together to be witness how the bride Ms. Rainbow Dash and the groom Mr. Rumarrow will marry. Have you your own marriage speech? Then you can hold your speech!”

“Rumarrow, you are the best stallion a pony can get. You rescued me for a bad attack of a crazy pony, you protected Equestria from Discord. But the most important reason why I’m marrying you is... You captured my heart. I love you, Rumarrow!”

“OK, now the groom.”

“Rainbow, I came to Ponyville to find my brother. But I learned the last months that other ponies are also important than your goals. So I have learned how to love somepony dearly.
You are a cool pony who likes adventures and cool things. You are the perfect pony a male pegasus can have. I love you, Rainbow Dash!”

“So, now after the wedding speeches were said I ask you first: Rumarrow, do you want to take Rainbow Dash to your wife?”

“Yes, I will!”

“Rainbow Dash, do you want to take Rumarrow to your husband?”

“Yes, I will!”

Princess Celestia did with her magic the rings on their wings.

“Now you can kiss the bride!”

Rumarrow looked for a few seconds into Rainbow’s eyes... and he kissed her! Everypony in the town hall was touched. It was the best moment of Rumarrow’s and Rainbow’s life. Now they will live together, as a family.

“Hey, wait! It’s not all over! Outside is a party!”

“You are right, Pinkie! Shall we go out, Dashi?”

“Sure, my Heartarrow!”

They all went outside. The bride and the groom in front of all. Outside there was the DJ desk, with the right pony at it, Vinyl Scratch

“Hey, RD! We can start now! Wanna hear some new plates?”

“Don’t wait, play them!”

“You’re the boss!”

Vinyl put her plates on the desk. Whole Ponyville could hear it!

“That’s the best party ever! No, wait... It will come better! Hey Rainbow! You have to throw the bouquet.”

“Oh, you’re right! Everypony! Watch out!”

Rainbow Dash throws the bouquet to the offer ponies and saw Rumarrow as he began to talk with his mum and Soarin.

“Soarin and mum, I thought I never see you again.”

“Rumarrow, my little cousin! I couldn’t forget you! your brother told me that you getting married with Rainbow Dash.”

“And I know it from Soarin that you getting married, Rumarrow.”

“Mum, please, I am married. And Soarin, where is Spitfire?”

“She is talking with Pinkie Pie.”

“There comes my Dashi!”

“Hey Soarin, and hello mother of Rumarrow. And Heartarrow, we have to go to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna. They’re waiting for us with Twilight and a little Alicorn.”

“Ok, my Dashi. Mum and Soarin, I must go! See ya!”

“Hey brother and RD. Where are you going?”

“We are going to Princess Celestia and Princess Luna, Rumir.”

“Oh, well, do that! I will talk with mother.”

“See you!”

“Come, Rumarrow! Princess Celestia is waiting.”

Rumarrow and Rainbow Dash went to the princess.

“Ah, the bride and the groom. Please, follow me. I want to introduce you to my cousin, Viola.”

A small alicorn came to Princess Celestia.

“Now, do you want to introduce yourself or have I to do that again?”

“...I will.”

“So, you are the special guest everypony was talking about.”

“Yes... everypony?”

Viola looked a bit sad. Rainbow Dash looked into the small eyes of Viola.

“Ohh, isn’t she cute? What do you say, Rumarrow?”

“Yes, she is, Rainbow.”

“She is really nervous Rumarrow.”

“I know. Here are too many Ponies for her.”

Viola goes back to her cousins Luna and Celestia, because she is to nervous to speak.

“My little Ponies, you can leave the party whenever you want. Don’t forget it.”

“I think we goes again to my mum and Rumir. OK, my Dashi?”

“Wait...”

A quiet voice came from Viola.

“Yes?”

“You are... Rainbow Dash?”

“Yes, it’s me. Rainbow Dash! Best pegasus in whole Ponyville and Cloudsdale!”

“I’m a big fan of you! Can you tell me everything to be one of the best?

“Viola, you know that we are here at a wedding!”

“Sorry, but she is so cool!”

“Hey, Dashi! You have a very big fan group. You didn’t told me about that.”

“Yeah, that’s so because I want not to boast.”

“Oh, that’s OK then.”

“OK, it’s time for you.”

“Oh, right. Dashi, I want to bring you to a nice place in Ponyville.”

“What place?”

“Get in the royal wagon. You will see.”

“Mh.. OK. Thanks everypony that you came.”

Rumarrow and Rainbow Dash went to the wagon. Rumarrow said that this place would be fantastic. On the way Rainbow Dash asked what this place is.

“OK, I will tell it after you asked me 50 times. It’s a nice hill with a nice view. Rumir said it’s the best place in Ponyville.”

“Oh, that’s so romantic!”

Rainbow kissed Rumarrow. And then Rainbow made a sad face.

“Hey, what’s wrong? Aren’t you happy?”

“It’s this... little alicorn.”

“Viola? What’s with her?”

“I don’t know. But what is when we have kids?”

“I think it would be beautiful but exhausting.”

“Oh... Right...”

Rumarrow saw that something is very wrong.

“Look, Dashi! There is it.”

“Your brother was right. This is the best place! A wonder that I haven’t seen this place before!”

They exited the wagon when they arrived. And then they lawed the whole sunset until the moon came up.

“And what will happen tomorrow, my Arrow?”

“I don’t know, but it will be a nice morning. I promise.”