• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 1,434 Views, 23 Comments

Daxter 2 - Grains on PZs plate



Figured since you don't see much of these Jak and Daxter Crossovers, I might make one.

  • ...
1
 23
 1,434

...but you had to push it!

Daxter layed there. Everything about him and around him. He couldn't open his eyes, for the force proved to be to exertful in his present state. Deciding his sense of sight was obsolete he turned to his sense of touch. He clearly wasn't on the ground anymore. What he layed on felt to soft and...cozy. He then turned to his sense of hearing. It was little more then a muffle he heard at first but then he started to pick up on what the voices were saying.

"Oh my. You don't suppose it got hurt too much did you?" Said a very timid voice. "I think the bigger question here is how it outran at least 4 Timberwolves and survived." Said a voice significantly more brash then the previous. "But it doesn't look hurt. I'm sure it's shock combined with its running just wore the poor thing out." Daxter just layed there, eyes closed. He thought that maybe it was best to just listen in on them for a time.
"Actually, I think the bigger question is what it is. I've never seen an animal like this before. Fluttershy?" "It's got me. I've seen and treated all kinds of animals, but I haven't the faintest idea what this animal is." Daxter was getting somewhat annoyed now. But at least he wasn't being called a rat or a squirrel...or a hamster. "Anyway am I good to leave this thing here? I have to go practice with the wingponies at the Academy this weekend and I need to get going." "Oh. I'm sorry, I didn't mean to keep you." Fluttershy said apologetically. "Thanks. I'll see you sometime next week alright?" "Ok then. Bye." Daxter heard the door open and then shut.

He decided to open his eyes a little to see if whether or not he was alone. The room was quiet. He leaned up on the soft cushiony couch he was on and rubbed the back of his head. As he did so, he noticed he was no longer wearing his completely original and totally not stolen article of clothing from Naughty Dogs past character, I..I mean his fingerless gloves. He also took notice that his googles were missing too. "Ah jeez could this get any worse?" Daxter then turned to face a pasty yellow pony with a pink mane that stared at him in amazement. "You...you can talk?" The pony asked in bewilderment. "Of course I can! Did you take my gear?" Daxter asked rather strongly. "Oh...um it's..it's right there on the table." Fluttershy nervously replied pointing toward a rather shotingly crafted table in the corner. It looked like it fell apart at some point, got rebuilt very poorly, and then put together again in the most salvageable condition. Sure enough, as the timid pony said, Daxter's googles and fingerless gloves sat right on top of it.

Daxter leaped off the furniture and walked over to the table wear his gear was and began putting it back on. "I...um don't mean to sound rude but...what are you? It's...it's just that I take care of lots of animals and I've never seen one like you before." Fluttershy wasn't sure what to expect in response to her question, but prepared herself for the worse. "I'm an Ottsel...are you alright? You seem a little skiddish." Daxter became very suprised when Fluttershy got very excited and began bombarding him with weird questions about things like his diet and sleeping habits and if other ottsels could talk. "Wow kid, as much as I'd 'love' to talk about myself with a complete stranger, maybe we could start with names. I'm Daxter." "Oh...I'm sorry. I get excited whenever I meet a new animal friend. My names Fluttershy."

"Ok then Fluttershy. My story is a long one! Filled with adventure and danger that can only be told through 5 action packed platforming games including a racing spinoff...or through me. So grab a seat and I'll start from the very beginning. Daxter then told Fluttershy about his many perilous adventures with his sidekick Jak. He told her stories from his fight with Gol and Maia to his battle with Kaedan, leader of the metal bugs. Fluttershy was transfixed with Daxter's story and she wasn't the only one. Before long Daxter had an entire audience if critters from birds to mice to squirrels. He even got Fluttershy's pet bunny Angel, though he looked unimpressed and annoyed with Daxter's boastful storytelling. Daxter continued his story summing up the war with the metal heads he fought singlehandedly and then going on to describe him and his best friends banishment to the wasteland and their 3 way war with the metal head remnant, dark makers, and KG bots. He then wrapped it up by telling her about his racing prowess that saved his friends life's and his journey to the Brink.

"And that's my story." Daxter said proudly. Fluttershy was amazed at Daxters bravery and began to clap. The other animals cheered in their own ways except for Angel Bunny. Who instead fell asleep leaning next to Fluttershy. Daxter looked out of one of the windows and saw that it had to be late noon. "Oh no. I've gotta get movin!" Daxter said. "Where do you have to go?" Fluttershy asked him. Daxter stopped at the door, as he tried to remember the directions he was given. "I don't know. I'm supposed to be headin toward a nearby town." "You mean Ponyville?" Fluttershy asked. "Is that what you call it? Hhmph. Yea that must be the place. When I get there i have to find a treehouse...or was it a library? That Red guy wasn't very clear." "Oh you must mean Twilights place! She a good friend of mine...I could take you to her if you like?" Fluttershy offered Daxter. "What? No...I...actually, maybe that's a good idea. I've had my share of sidetracking excitement for a day." Daxter said.

Fluttershy and Daxter both walked out of the small cottage and toward the bustling town in the distance. As they did so, they were being observed in the distance by those same creatures with the golden gems on their foreheads. "Dark makers!" One of them said spitefully. "They're after what we are brother. What do we do?" The other being let out a sigh as he ushered his companion to follow him deeper into the woods. They eventually came upon a giant boulder that was blocking the way to a small cave. They both shifted it and went inside. There chained to the end of the wall were two unconscious ponies. "I was hoping this wouldn't be necessary for awhile longer, but given the circumstances..." The one with the calm, calculating voice said. "We are going to have to take disguises. I will be the unicorn and you will be the pegasus." "But to what end brother? How is taking the shape of these equine going to get us the artifacts and keep them out of the hands of the Dark Makers?" The one with the harsh voice asked. His companion could only give him a chuckle and his assuring words;
"In due time."