• Published 25th Dec 2012
  • 1,435 Views, 23 Comments

Daxter 2 - Grains on PZs plate



Figured since you don't see much of these Jak and Daxter Crossovers, I might make one.

  • ...
1
 23
 1,435

So it begins

Twilight Sparkle peeked up out of the fettle position she threw herself in shortly before the Dark Purple streak of light had hit the ground. She saw segmented clouds of smoke that the object had created on its collision with the earth. After another few seconds she regathered herself, staring wide eyed at the sky. What she saw mere seconds ago was like nothing she had ever seen in her life. The Streak had appeared as if from no where. She had been stargazing for nearly 3 hours, in the hope that she might see the comet she had read about. She had stared at the sky in udder silence, the only sounds being the chirping of crickets, The occasional hoot from her pet owl Owlicious, and her assistant Spikes drone like snoring. The noise that came with the streak's unwelcomed arrival came as an immediate shock to the pony. She tore her eyes away from the night sky and slowly toward where the streak had touched down. The object was emitting a cloud of smoke that eerily rose toward the horizon.

The objects arrival clearly hadn't come unnoticed by any of the other residents of Ponyville. Lights had come on, Windows opened with curious ponies poking their heads out and looking in all different directions. Many of them pointed at the cloud of smoke rising from the outskirts, emphasizing to the unwary ones where the commotion was coming from.

Spikes heart was skipping beats as he ran from his bed to the viewing deck where Twilight was. The second he heard the sound made him jump and stumble on his paws and knees. Spike was normally the one who could sleep through anything, even the sound of thunder. But this sound was louder than anything he had heard in his entire life.
"Twilight, what was that?!? It sounds like the end of the world out here!"
"I don't know Spike. I was just gazing at the stars when out of nowhere some Purple Streak of light shot out of the sky."
"And whatever it was, it crash landed at Sweet Apple Acres."
"Oh no. You don't suppose Applejacks ok do you?" Spike asked with Genuine concern."
Twilight could see that Spike was becoming sick with worry.
"Don't worry Spike. I'm sure she's fine." Twilight said calmingly.
"But I'm on my way over there to check. Go back to bed and get some rest, I'll be back shortly."
And with that, Twilight left the treehouse, making a brisk trot for Sweet Apple Acres.


Daxter laid face down in the dirt that the impact kicked up, slowly regaining his conscience. Daxter groaned as he began to open his eyes. Everything was a blur. Just indiscernible blobs of color. He pushed up off the ground, struggling to stand up. He wobbled for a second, losing control of his legs he leaned against the side of the rift rider for support. He closed his eyes, saying
"Those two will be the DEATH of me." Breathing in heavily. He opened his eyes again and things were beginning to come into focus. He saw trees. Lots of trees with fruit on them. He knew he couldn't be in a forest. The trees were too far apart and neatly aligned. "Did I go to the past or somethin?" He wondered aloud. Daxter looked up at the sky and a cold chill went down his spine. Not only did he not go into the past, he's not even on the same world anymore. The Star of Mar, the green luminous celestial body that shone bright on his world, was nowhere to be found.

Applejack awoke with a start. She sat up in her bed, looking out her window. She was able to see the last few seconds of the objects descent before finally hitting the ground.
"What in tarnation was that!?!" She said aloud.
She climbed from her bed and walked toward the window to get a better look. She saw smoke beginning to rise over the wavy hills of the farm.
"If that things on fire it will destroy the crop."
She grabbed her hat and ran for her bedroom door, opening it at the exact same time her older brother, Big Macintosh opened his.
"Did ya see it to Big Mac?" She asked.
"Eeyup." He answered.
"I'm gonna go check it out. Ah saw alot smoke comin from it. If its in fire, it could damage the crop."
"Think you could check up on Granny Smith and the three fillies for me?" She asked
Big Mac nodded his head and went to go check on Granny Smith.
Miraculously, she was still asleep. But thinking about it, Granny did have pretty poor hearing due to her old age, so Big Mac came to the Conclusion that it shouldn't be much of a surprise.
He shut the door and made his way to Applebloom's room to check up on the fillies.
Applebloom asked if Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo could sleep over and him and Applejack agreed.
He pressed his ear against the door and didn't hear a sound.
A bad sign.
He opened the door to find the room deserted.

"Woh no". Daxter screamed.
"No, no, no, no! This ISN'T happening. You are taking me back home RIGHT NOW. He said frantically as he jumped back into the now flaming rift rider and began pushing random buttons and switches. This was met with the rift rider's power supply shaking and falling apart.
"Uh oh." Daxter said as he turned his head slowly to assess the damage he caused. Soon the whole machine began to shake violently.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUUGGGGGGHHHHH."
Daxter screamed as he scurried out of the machine in an attempt to get some distance between him and the machine.
The machine exploded, knocking him forward in a similar fashion to the ammo dump that him and Jak destroyed back in Haven City. Daxter quickly got back up to observe the damaged state of the rift rider
It was in complete shambles. Pieces of burning shrapnel littered the trees and the ground around him. The biggest piece still laid where the rift rider had crashed landed. It was little more than a burnt black frame with random wires and bent steel jutting out in diffrent directions. Daxter was petrified. This was as bad as the time he first became an ottsel when Jak knocked him back into the pool of Dark Eco. No. This was worst. He was dumped off into a world he didn't know and had absolutely no way of returning to his. He slouched in a grown of crestfallen defeat.
"It's over." He thought.
But as he looked down, he noticed something at his feet. The one piece of the rift rider that by the grace of the Precursors, was still intact.
It was the Heart of Mar. One of the most essential pieces to the machine. The way it looked, the way it glinted so brightly in the moonlight, it was as if it was telling Daxter;
"There is still hope."
He picked it up with both of his hands. Rubbing the top of it with his arm till he could see his reflection in it.
"If this Piece of Precursor junk is still intact," he said allowed to his own reflection.
"then so might my chances of getting home."
As he began to walk off he noticed something in the corner of his eye. He made of move to get out of the way but was to late, as three bodies ran into him, knocking him to the ground.

Author's Note:

Hey guys, thanks for the feedback and I'm glad that your enjoying my story aside from the complaints about my formatting dysfunction.
Let me know if this works out better and leave your thoughts in the comments.