• Published 23rd Dec 2012
  • 13,056 Views, 333 Comments

The Hero of Altomare - Borsuq



Ponyville (unknowingly) finds itself to become a home to another dragon.

  • ...
11
 333
 13,056

Epilogue

“Hello,” Fluttershy greeted the pony behind the stand. “Can I ask you for a few mandarins, please?”

“Of course,” the merchant replied with a smile. She grabbed a hooffull of the small fruits and placed them into a paper bag, which she then gave Fluttershy. “That will be two bits.”

The yellow pegasus gave the seller her payment and took the bag. As she placed it in her saddlebags, she checked if she was missing anything from her shopping list.

“Leaves of lettuce, apples, raspberries, pineapple…” she began to count while trotting away from the stand, her head in her saddlebag.

As walking somewhere without looking wasn’t very safe - especially in a such croweded place as a town’s marketplace - it was a good that a voice of somepony interrupted her.

“Good morning Fluttershy!” a pony standing right next to her called out.

Even if it had nearly given her a heart attack.

“Ah!” Fluttershy screamed with fright as she jumped into the air and clung herself by the street light under which she had been a second ago, her heart pounding in her chest.

Almost at once, Fluttershy felt a familiar presence growing alarmed. Still not having gotten used to the odd sensation, it took her some time to respond to Eon’s worries.

“Oh, I’m so sorry, dear,” came from the pony below her, “I didn’t mean to scare you.”

Finally placing the voice, Fluttershy looked down at Rarity, and gave her a sheepish smile. She let go of the street light and landed beside her, and at the same time she began to calm herself and try to convey to Eon that she wasn’t in any danger.

Contrary to what she had thought when Princess Celestia had first mentioned, being linked to another by their souls didn’t mean they could just talk to each other in their heads. In fact, Fluttershy hadn’t thought at all that Eon’s connection with her would cause such things. But soon after Eon had woken up - and after he explained his reason for leaving which led to them making up - the Princess then had told them what would happen next.

“The bond that had formed between you will grow stronger,” she had said then, “and in time, the effects of it will probably start affecting you as well, Fluttershy.”

“Wait!” Twilight had interrupted her mentor, alarmed. “Does this mean that… if they would get separated again, Fluttershy would, too…”

“No, I don’t think so,” Celestia had replied, smiling reassuringly. “In fact, I think that when the bond between the two of will grow deeper, it will no longer be necessary for the two of you to stay close to each other… or at least, the period of time before Eon Guard will start feeling the effects of being away from you should increase in length. However,” she had added, “there will be some additional consequences of having this bond.”

Those other consequences had began to manifest recently. Just like the Princess had said, over the course of the three weeks since then, their bond grew stronger and deeper, and now they could feel each other’s thoughts. At first, it was really confusing for Fluttershy, and Eon became really worried how she will feel with this change in her life he had unwillingly caused her. He tried to hide it… which kind of became hard with this development.

After a while, though, much to Eon’s as well as everypony else’s relief, Fluttershy, with her love’s support, managed to handle this connection between their minds and souls. She no longer felt as if she was split into two, half of her being with Eon and other with her. Nor she felt as if Eon was invading her mind. It took some time when their thoughts began exchanging, but now everything was alright. Her mind was hers, and Eon’s was Eon’s. They could still sense sudden changes in the other’s mind, but other than that, all their bond was doing to them was making them feel as if the other was near.

Which was something that neither Fluttershy nor Eon would ever mind.

Returning with her thoughts to the present moment, and having assured Eon that she was in no danger, Fluttershy turned to her friend. “It’s okay, Rarity,” she told the white unicorn, smiling with mild embarrassment. “I am still a bit jumpy after all that business with those nasty changelings.”

The fashionista’s face twisted into into an unpleasant scowl at the memories Fluttershy’s comment must have brought up, “Ugh, yes, those creatures had left a lot of unpleasant memories this time, hadn’t they?”

“I’ll say,” Fluttershy agreed. “The Changeling Queen would have won if it weren’t for Eon.”

“Yes, and all of Ponyville was grateful for his heroism. This reminds me; how come he’s not here with you?” Rarity inquired, glancing at her curiously. “I know that, as of late, you no longer need to be inseparable, but it’s still rather odd to see you without him.”

“Oh, I just came do some shopping,” Fluttershy replied, nodding at her saddlebags. “I want to make a special dinner for Eon and me, you see. It’s supposed to be a surprise.”

“Mhm…” her friend mused, looking at her in a strange way. “A ‘special dinner’, you say? Any special occasion?”

“Oh, um…” the yellow pony began to shudder; when she had mentioned that she was making a special dinner, she hadn’t expected Rarity to ask why. “W-well, you see…” Fluttershy said, her entire face starting to blush fiercely as her voice grew quieter. “I… I was… I was kinda hoping…”

She had to look away from Rarity when she said that. She was so embarrassed that she didn’t think she would be able to look her friend into eye. In fact, a part of her wanted to just drop the issue and/or run away, but… at the same time, she knew that this would be brought up by her friends sooner or later, so she might as well say it now and get over it.
Plus, it would help if she could possibly get some advice from Rarity…

In a voice barely louder than a whisper, Fluttershy confessed, “I was kinda hoping tonight Eon and I would… um…”

“Oh!” Rarity, who, thankfully for Fluttershy, had realized what her friend was talking about, exclaimed and moved a step away (as she had to get closer to hear her). “You mean you two hadn’t yet…”

“No!” Fluttershy squeaked, a little too loud for her liking. In a quieter tone, she added. “No, we hadn’t.”

“Forgive me, Fluttershy, I didn’t mean to make you uncomfortable. There’s no shame in taking things slow. I was just surprised; what with you sharing a bond between your souls and all.”

“Well…” Fluttershy trailed off, searching for the right way to explain how come she and Eon hadn’t yet become more intimate. “You know me, I can be a little bit… shy. And Eon wasn’t trying to press me in any way.”

Rarity chuckled warmly. “My, what a gentlecolt. Do you think we can expect more of his kind to come to Equestria?”

“One can only hope, huh?”

Both mares jumped, startled by the voice from above. They turned their head to see that above them was none other than Rainbow Dash.

“Rainbow Dash!” Rarity exclaimed, sounding offended. “Were you eavesdropping on us?”

“Maybe,” Rainbow shrugged nonchalantly, though the smirk on her face betrayed her. “So…” she said as she landed next to Fluttershy, “mind if I ask you-”

A certain memory from the days when she had first met Eon resurfaced in Fluttershy’s mind. “Oh no, oh no, oh no, oh no…” This mantra filled her mind, and she was really grateful for the fact that Eon had stopped paying her a closer attention after that jump-fright she got earlier.

“Rainbow!” Rarity hissed, stopping the cyan pegasus. Glaring daggers at her, she continued, “If you dare ask her about-”

“Nah, not that,” Rainbow waved a hoof dismissively. Smirking, she turned to Fluttershy. “I just wanted to know if they’re going to do this with him being a pony or-”

The rest of what she was going to say was cut off by Rarity pulling her by her ear with magic, which was, guessing by the expression on Rainbow Dash’s face, rather painful.


The familiar shape grew bigger as Fluttershy trotted towards her cottage. Up in the air, in his real form, Eon was flying in circles with her little bird friends.

He wasn’t doing it just because Fluttershy had asked him to take care of them and her other critters while she was gone. She knew he enjoyed flying almost as much as Rainbow. However, unlike her, he was quite fond of just the sensation of being in the air, flying together with small birds.

Eon turned his head towards her as she approached, and uttered a cheerful growl. Fluttershy smiled as he hurried to her, changing his shape in the flight. He landed right beside he as a pony and nuzzled her affectionately.

“Yes, it’s good to be back,” Fluttershy replied as she returned the caress.

She had noticed that her bird friends were now flying around the two of them, chirping happily. As Fluttershy pictured that scene in her head, she grew even more certain that she was making the right decision. It wasn’t just that they were now bonded; they made each other happy, and… complete.

“Do you mind looking after everypony for a few more hours?” she asked Eon as she pulled back (a bit unhappily). “I’m not going anywhere;” she added quickly;. “I just have a little something to do.”

Eon, despite being confused, quickly nodded and pressed his lips to hers. Fluttershy’s wings fluttered from happiness as he did that, as they did almost every time now; what she had planned for the night was probably going to make them so sore tomorrow…

She allowed herself to linger in the kiss for a few more heartbeats before she pulled a bit back, kissed Eon on the nose, and headed towards her cottage. She had a few dishes to prepare for their dinner… a candlelight dinner, as Rarity had suggested.

The thought of Rarity brought back certain part of the conversation that they had. A very embarrassing part of conversation, especially during the moments Rainbow Dash had added her own advices.

As red once again crept on her cheeks, so did stiffness to her wings.


Latios opened one eye lazily to look at the sleeping female beside him. The sweet, yellow-and-pink female that was his mate. That this very night had become his mate in all the meaning of that word. The female that didn’t care that they were of other species. The mare that had made him more happy than he ever was, even during the time he spent with his sister.

The mare that had became a part of him.

Closing his eye once again, feeling still tired after their passionate night, Latios nuzzled Fluttershy briefly before he fell asleep again.

Both lovers curled a bit tighter through their sleep, as if wanting to become even closer, despite already being complete.

THE END

Author's Note:

I would like to thank everybody that found this story interesting and entertaining, despite it's flows (the major one being, like with everything else I wrote, the grammar and spelling errors). I know I must have said it a few times already, but I honestly hadn't expected this story to have such high rates. It's currently my best rated story, despite never making it to the feature box, but oh well.

Now, before some comments from the previous chapter will repeat: I might one day write a sequel to this story. However, don't expect it to happen any time soon. I had just finished one story (and canceled two others ;p), I have still a lot to do.

Once again, thank you all for reading this story. You've been great, and I hope you'll read/continue to read my other stories as well.

And seeing on what note this ends... Hope you all will find your second half, just like Latios and Fluttershy did.

...

Celestia knows I don't seem to have luck with that...

Now that I ended this with a joke at my own expense ;p... See you!!!

Comments ( 54 )

Well done my friend

fsymbols.com/images/crying-meme.gif

btw its featured now!!

Comment posted by Karsap deleted May 10th, 2014

And then they had sex. The End... oh and good job.

I Want a picture of the very last scene. Now.

That was short and cute-- bravo. Perhaps a sequel, or the possible X units of time later? :pinkiehappy:

Thoughts: The only issues I can point out is misspellings (look in the comments for the exact issues), tense issues (you switched between "was" and "is" sometimes) and how short this was overall, thus preventing it from being as detailed and awesome as it could have been. Other than that, it was fun to read.

And then they all fucked!

God damn it! WHY END!? Also, what stories did you cancel? You better not e cancelled Rebirth :/

I dont know why, but there should be a (whats the word im looking for:twilightsheepish: ) anyway there should be a nother story after this one.

Great ending there, and good job on getting featured! :pinkiehappy:

So sad it's over :fluttercry::raritydespair::raritycry:

ooooh, the feels!!!!

Egads, this was irritating. While I love stories o' 'true romance', this feels rushed in a whole new manner. What I gather is that the time frame involved is somewhere around a month. Frankly, that should have been lengthened out. The emotions should have been more developed, the introductions and timelines can be lengthened, it can be re-edited in all chapters to remove all the errors: spelling, grammar and punctuation, etc. etc.

This works as a guideline for a story, but little more. I suggest going over it twice, perhaps thrice again. The characterizations were ok, the only one that didn't fit was Celestia. The story was moderate and the premise was decent enough. The only problems I see here are development, grammar and some minor spelling errors here and there. (exp. Lounge. Every time you use that word it has been incorrect. The word you are looking for is lunge. As in: To jump...)

I'd like to see more from this, but I don't expect it to be reviewed any time soon...at least by the author, (since I'm technically doing one now...). There are a few...really great editors on fimfiction. Try to ask for RainbowBob, Psychopath, Samaru163, or Kaidan's help. They're all great editors in their own right.

nice. wasn't amazing, but certainly a good story. nice

This story doesn´t cry for a sequel, it cries for a prequel. The whole story of Latios´ father is yet untold and all the suspicions the mare who felt in love for him could be Celestia has to be proved yet. So a prequel is more welcome than a sequal!

awww a sweet story.

SEQUEL NOW:flutterrage: ahem please:twilightblush:

There better be a sequel to this:flutterrage: pls:pinkiehappy:

I want a sequel! Now!

If there is a sequel::pinkiehappy:
If there isn't::flutterrage:

This is written very well. I like the plot and the emotion in it was evident:pinkiehappy:

Sequel. That is all.

Encore!... Seriously, this was amazing. A single manly tear of fellowship was shed for latios.

I wonder what would of happened if it were Latias instead of Latios

wow... you are also the creator of 'rebirth of the damned' one of my most favorite stories on this damn website...
You got yourself a loyal fan! *engage stalker mode* :pinkiecrazy:

This is a great story... though i have a major problem with this story and that is the flow is WAY to fast. Other that than, you have my approval and a new follower

I rely loved this fic it remind me why I love both Pokémon and my little pony. :heart: :heart: :heart:

awesome story :heart:

i really hope to see a sequel of this :heart:

So, umm... What happened with Latias?

5349878 Well... she stayed in Altomare. Sadly, she is never brough up in Pokemon movies or anime series after the events of the 5th movie, which is a pity. I really liked her. I found her attraction towards Ash to be both hilarious and charming.

5356426 Aw, that's just sad! Poor Latias :pinkiesad2:

That was such an adorable story. 10 out of 10. Also pokemon fim fiction for the win.

Yes! Finally, after so long, I finally found this story again!
When I first saw this story, I thought nothing of it and went somewhere else, but now after Latios and Latias becoming my favorite legendaries, I've been searching for this for so long and I finally found it! :pinkiehappy:

I would like to thank everybody that found this story interesting and entertaining, despite it's flows

Oddly enough, that was the first flaw I saw.

Loved the story, very good work. :yay:

I never get tired of this story.:raritystarry: A truly work of art.:twilightsmile::heart:

Maybe, you can try it out with Dragonair x Twilight.
img4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20140214171320/pokemon/images/0/0b/148Dragonair_AG_anime.png

So is that going to be it please don't let it be true make a sequel please. :fluttercry:

I LOVED this story!!! Although I started doubting the ending when Celestia made her appearance, thinking she was going to ruin it by telling about Eon's origins as if she knew the world of pokemon, I'm glad it wasn't the case. You did a great job handling that particular part; I can't think of a better way for Celestia to have that info.

Kudos!!!

Great story.
I will put some hope in my heart for a sequel.

Awesome story.
That story deserves a sequel

Make a sequal you down syndrome fuck!

7505526 Such kind words of encouragement.

7661597 i know! That is why i said it, now make me a sandwich!

Ok finally got around reading this and I can only say one thing: I don't care how, when or where, but I want Latios to become involved in the Rebirth of the Damned as Fluttershy's love interest. DO IT!

“Nah, not that,” Rainbow waved a hoof dismissively. Smirking, she turned to Fluttershy. “I just wanted to know if they’re going to do this with him being a pony or-”

I just love it when I find this type of Rainbow Dash in any fan fic :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh: :rainbowlaugh:

Also I just realized something a little dark... Didn't Latios's father get his death confirmed to be by heart break in the last chapter? :rainbowhuh: huh...

Still, great story. I enjoyed reading it :yay:

I really want this to get a sequel... maybe with mega latios or maybe latios and latias get reunited... or both

5356426
Was her attraction to Ash the inspiration for this story?

This was a really nice and cute story, nothing more to say really. :rainbowkiss:

My only complaint is this. Does every single sentence have to start with the word Latios?

This story would improve so much if the Author would simply do a word search and replace every other instance of Latios with the word HE. Such a simple fix would make a massive improvement of the story. This is an extremely common mistake that new Authors make, but once we know who the paragraph is refering to, you dont have to keep repeating the name.

Bob jumped down from the tree to face the timber wolves. Bob pulled out his camping shovel and whacked the first wolf. Bob dodged the second wolfs charge and rolled to a safe distance. Bob got up and ran. Bob was running for his life. Bob reached the forests edge. Bob was safe.

Now read this

Bob jumped down from the tree to face the timber wolves. He pulled out his camping shovel and whacked the first wolf. He dodged the second wolfs charge and rolled to a safe distance. He got up and ran. Bob was running for his life. He reached the forests edge. He was safe.

The difference is startling and while no big deal if only one paragraph is like this, if the entire chapter or story is, then it becomes grating.

My only real complaint on a good story. Again, it's a simple problem to fix.

Monk

Login or register to comment