• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 1,385 Views, 25 Comments

Dragon Training - BakaOniisan



A Dragon came to Ponyville to teach and train Spike how to be a REAL dragon, but is this his real intentions?

  • ...
9
 25
 1,385

The Ex-girlfriend

Chapter 5: The Ex-girlfriend

It’s been a week now since King came to Ponyville, he got along well with the residents and Spike’s training was going well too. The green dragon has taught some fighting techniques to the little one. And… that’s all.

Today our two dragons were once again in the meadow for their training, Spike was sitting on the floor with his eyes closed and a serious look upon his face. King walked around him eating peanuts.


“Remember, kiddo, concentration is the key to this exercise, capiche?” said the trainer.

“Yeah, I know... You already told me that 50 times;” Answered the disciple.

King did not like the remark and threw the shell of one of the peanuts on the child's head. "Hey!" cried Spike, but the green dragon said only one word "concentration". Spike apologized and took position a few seconds later; King fixed his concentrated apprentice and threw another shell on the kid’s head. But this time, the purple dragon didn’t react. A few seconds later, the big dragon crouches next to his student and begin to poke his cheek. Spike still does not react, only a vein swells off on his forehead so King gets away from him. A minute later, King still staring at the little dragon with a little smirked.

“Oh! Hello Rarity!” he exclaimed.

“What? Rarity?” asked Spike, coming out of his concentration. “Crap! I forgot that she went with the others to the dessert contest at Canterlot. You tricked me!” he said indignantly.

“Hmm... you held three minutes and twenty-six seconds, it's better than yesterday: forty seconds,” noticed the trainer. Then, he heard a train whistle, “Hey! The girls are back. Okay, kiddo, training is over for today. Let’s go to welcome them.” He said to his pupil.

“What are we waiting for? Let’s go!” exclaimed Spike.

King pointed to his left shoulder, where the assistant went to install himself, and then he flew to the train.


In the train Canterlot-Ponyville, the mane of six were talking about their stay in Canterlot, until Pinkie noticed a hooded figure sitting a few bank from their places, the unknown was not sitting like a pony but a biped creature. Hard to say what it was because of his long dark cloak? The pink mare asked to the hooded one his name and species, but the latter choose not to answer and ignored her. The earth pony, not too happy, went back to join her friends and complain about what just happened.

“Come on darling, don’t make the same mistake you did with Cranky, don’t irritate that person otherwise your chances of becoming his friend will no longer exist, said the white unicorn quietly, while petting the mane of her pink friend.

“Ooookay… you’re right! Oh! And by the way Twilight! How’s Spike’s training?” asked Pinkie Pie.

“It’s progressing quite well from what he tells me. Yesterday, he told me that King has taught him some martial art movement that dragons could control.” The unicorn responded.

When Twilight mentioned King’s name, the hooded one raised his head and stare at the group of ponies. When suddenly, a noise outside, all heads turned to see a green dragon with a smaller purple one on his shoulder, flying and waving at the girls to meet them at the station

“They are nice, they passed by just to say hello” murmured Fluttershy.

“Yep! They’re cool!” nodded Rainbow Dash.


At the station, the mares went out of their cars and were joined by their dragons friends who asked how was their stay and the contest. They told them everything about the dessert investigation and how Twilight and Pinkie have resolved it. Then it was the turn of the elements to ask them some questions.

“So, how was the training today?” asked Applejack. “What did King teaches you, Spike?”

“Well, today… we didn’t practice. I just told to the kiddo to sit and stay focus while I bother him, a banal focus test. Like yesterday, he failed once again but this time he focus for a longer period.” King explained.

The hooded one left the car and stared at the green dragon, suddenly he started to walk then run toward him. When he was about five meters away, he jumped stretching his left leg to kick the head of his target. Impact in 5…4…3…

“And later I was about to make him do his first real f- *SBAF!!*” cried the dragon who was now spread out a few meters away from where he was a few seconds ago.

Everyone around eyes wide open in front of this scene, but the hooded one didn’t stop there, he leapt again towards his victim.


A dozen yards away, King bounced three times on the ground. Once he stop bouncing, he found himself lying on the floor, he leaned on his arm trying to get up.

“You little…” he couldn’t finish his sentence, he saw one yellow scaled foot dangerously close to his face "Uh Oh" he only have time to say. And *RE-SBAF!!* He was powered once again. But this time he crashed against a wall. Once again, when he tried to move, the hooded one prevented him to do so by tackling the green dragon against the wall.

“Hello, honey.” A female voice said coming out from under the hood.

“That voice… Oh no!” thought King. He tried to say something, but lips pressed against his. The eyes of the dragon took an air of disgust; they stayed like that for… two seconds. It was when King felt something trying to go pass his teeth that he tilted and pushed the hooded person to the ground.

“Ouch! That was nasty!” she complains.

“Nasty? Do I need to remind you WHO gave me two kicks on the face? WHO tackled me to a wall and tried to RAPE ME?!” He yelled. And at the same time spatting on the ground.

“Roh! You exaggerate!” the unknown female rapist said standing up.

“Barely! But whatever… What the BUCK are you doing here…” King started. The hooded one removed the hood and threw it away, reveling a face of a scaly yellow female dragon with blue spines. “… Queen?”

In fact, the “Queen” was actually a female dragon medium size with yellow scales and blue spikes almost everywhere on her body. She had a small nose like Spike, a bull small horns and green eyes. She had a row of blue spikes on the top of her skull and on the neck she had a dozen peaks that were placed to look like hair. On her neck, she had a long green scarf with a little bit burnt. She also had a bandage on the chest. She had a golden bracelet on her wrist. Her wings were rather small. And finally, at the end of her tail were four major peaks.

"Why are you so mean with me? You didn’t miss me?" Queen said.

“Nope!”

King’s friends came to see what’s going on. They stood in front of the yellow dragon in attack position. Applejack asked if King was okay, he nodded. Then Spike asked to the enemy her name.

“My name’s Queen.” The yellow dragon answered.

“Why are you here?” yelled Twilight.

“Déjà-vu!” though King.

“Well, it’s obviously to see King.” Queen said, “After all… I’m King’s girlfriend!”

“WHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAATTTT?!?!” They all screamed, except Spike who only said “Oooooooohh!” while looking at King.

“Hey! EX-girlfriend! EX!!” yelled the green dragon indignantly.

“King, can you make the presentations more properly?” asked Twilight.

“Yeah, I wanna know who are your ponies friends.” Said Queen.

“Ok! Queen, that’s Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy and Pinkie Pie. Twilight, Spike, Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Fluttershy, Pinkie Pie, that’s Queen.” King said quickly.

“Wait! Does it that mean that we are going to have a new guest to Ponyville?” Wondered Pinkie Pie, “Hurry! I have to prepare the Welcome song!”

“NO! No welcome song Pinkie!” yelled furiously the big dragon, “Okay, Queen, it was nice to see you-“

“Really?” asked Queen, with eyes full of hope.

“No. Like I was saying, it was nice to see you but now, I gonna ask -or maybe force you- to leave, NOW!” growled King.

“Wait King darling! Don’t tell me that you were expecting to kick this girl out after coming all the way here just to see you, are you?” asked the white unicorn.

“In fact, yeah, that's what I had in mind.” Said tranquilly the green dragon.

“How rude! You should be ashamed! Come on, you could at least invite her to your house to spend the afternoon and then ask her to leave.” Proposed the lady.

“B-but…”

When his friends were complain about his manners, like "Roh! And your manners?" or "he’s not very gallant, that!" King began to heat up, plus Queen’s whining, didn’t help. He put a hand on his face, he shook a little, when seeing this, his ex-girlfriend stepped back, suddenly t he raised his head to spit out a good big flame, “SILENT!” he yelled. All King’s friends remained shocked, they have never seen King like that. Well, it just been a week that he been living in Ponyville. King glared at them for a few seconds, then calmed down, “Fine, let’s do this! Queen!”

“Yes!”

“Follow me! My house is over there, I need to calm down…” he growled.

“Coming!” She said raising her arms, bracelets blinding all the ponies around.

Then the two dragons left the group.

“What was that? Why was King yelling like that?” asked Fluttershy, which had tears on her eyes.

“Ah-Ah don’t know…” whispered Applejack.

“I wanna know more about this.” Said Spike going to King’s house.


In King’s House, Queen sat in the living room while King was in the kitchen preparing tea grudgingly. “For coutesy...” he said to himself. Then he entered the room with a tray where biscuit and tea were present. He handed a cup to his guest.

“It’s emerald tea...”

“Oh! Thanks!”

“I know that emerald is your favourite gem, so that’s it.”

“Oooh, you remember my favorites?” she asked.

“Unfortunately...” he answered while putting a biscuit in his mouth.

They sat silent for a few minutes which look like hours. Then Queen asked if King remembered how they met, he nodded.

“If I remember? Of course I do! It was in Dragon’s Kindergarten, the kids said that we were in love because your name was Queen and mine King, buck this shit... We hated each other because this joke for years!. Who would have thought that we will finally fall in love at highschool...”

“Yeah, it was the good old days.” She smiled.

“Tsss...” he hissed.

“Do you remember the song you wrote for me?” Queen asked.

“Aaah!! Shut up! I don’t wanna remember this!” King yelled.

“How was it already?”


When King sang his song to Queen

“Elle me dit, c’est ta vie
Fais ce que tu veux, tant pis
Un jour tu comprendras
Un jour tu t’en voudras
Elle me dit t’est trop nul... ”


“It was so adorable, but I’m still wondering… Why you wrote a song about your mother for me.”

King was on his knees, leaning back with both hands on his face. He screamed: “RRRRAAAARRRRGGGHHHHH!!! I told you to shut up!” He was very embarrassed, but when he heard giggling behind the door he froze. “No, they didn’t dared…” He thought. He approached the door, held out a trembling hand to the handle and grabbed it, he pulled the door in a squeaking sound and then dealt with a group of six ponies and a dragon. They all looked up to the big green dragon. “They dared.”

They remained like that, the dragon glaring at the group, the group staring at the dragon, for 30 seconds.

“Get out of here…” said the dragon finally.

“So…” Began the little dragon with a smile on his face, “A song about your mother for your girlfriend, huh?” He said in a mocking tone and a bit suicidal, but that he didn’t know.

“Hey, that’s odd, for a green dragon like grass, he’s red like tomatoes!” noticed Pinkie Pie.

“GET THE HELL OUT OF HERE!!” yelled King.

This time, they fled, leaving the dragon alone in his house. He went back inside. Queen was looking at him with a surprised look.

“Well, you should know that I didn’t come just to have news of you, don’t you?” asked quietly the yellow dragon.

“I know…but my answer is NO! I would not go back to the flock, I quit, okay?”

“But you were one of our best hunters! We need you!” Standed up the female dragon.

Article 5 of the Noble Dragon Code: ‘If a dragon decides to leave the herd, he has the right to live where he wants and when he wants, he is free but loses the support of his colleagues and they have the right to refuse to help the latter may he requires their help.’ It was a big risk, but it was worth it.” King recited.

“Yes, but in the Article 6 it says that the dragon can come back if he wants.” argued Queen.

“But I don’t.” King said.

“It is also stated in the Article 8 that if the flock needs the deserter, he can be forced to return.”

“You will not force me to return, oh no, lady!” growled the big dragon.

"But why do not come back?! Are you in love or what?" shouted the yellow dragon.

King opened his mouth and closed it immediately. He approached the door, yelled to the group to get the buck out, they obey, he came back and sat on a chair.

“You’re in love, right?” sighed Queen.

“Yeah! So what? Jealous ‘cause it’s not you?” smirked the dragon.

“Yeah, a bit… But seriously? A pony? You had a crush on a pony?”

“Oh, shut up! But it’s not the only reason.”

“Really? So what’s the other reason?” asked the female dragon.
“Have you seen the little purple dragon? Well duh, it's HIM!” exclaimed the dragon being sure that the others were not spying again.

“Him? Who Him? ... Wait, HIM? That pony-dragon?”

“Yep!”

“C’mon King! You’re still with it? But you know that we, dragons, don’t give a shit about that! What are you trying to prove?” Queen asked exasperatingly.

“That he exists! That he’s not a legend or an old tale! That’s what I’m trying to prove!” King said in a serious tone.

Queen stayed silent in front of so much class. But the moment was very short and she sighed, she said that this was his last chance to return the gentle way, otherwise it will have to be the hard way. The green dragon just smirked.

“For me…” she begged by her sweet eyes.

“No.”

“But whyyyyy? You don’t trust me anymore?” she asked.

“No.”

“Since when?”

“Since you had sex with Garble!”. gasps and "Oooooh, that bitch!" were heard behind the door, King decided to ignore it, “He is five years younger than you and he is not even my friend! Here! It is from that day on, we broke up, and I don’t trust you! I was gone for two days, but your sexual desire was too strong so you just had sex with the last moron on the planet!”

“But I was drunk!”

“Bullshit!”

Silence reigned for several seconds. Queen pouted, then told King that she got a new weapon in her armament. She took two of her spikes from her neck that materialized around the girl’s hand into two metal gloves. The big dragon was first surprised, but his face return to neutral in one second.

"Ah yes, it's true that your capacity was that each peak of your body can be removed to become a weapon, it always surprises me. By the way, what is your nickname? "Arsenal on legs ", is it?” He smirked, “But still, they are cool, the gloves.”

“Thanks, but it’s not the only thing, look!” she exclaimed. Then she spat a blue flame on the gloves and they stayed on it. This time King was really surprised.

“Since when have you learn to do that?” He asked.

"I just recently learned that my flames could stay on my weapons, but not on my body like you, not bad eh?”

“Yeah, not bad…” he said as he approached the door again to tell the group behind it to get the buck outta here.

“King…” Queen called. The concerned stopped but didn’t turn, to deduce from the tone with which it has been called, it must be important, "You know, I really have to bring you back ..."

“I’m not going back, I have already told you.”

“So I gonna force you to come with me!” she said.

King giggled, “Like if you-” he turned but only saw a metal punch surrounded by a blue flame approaching with a dangerous speed to his face. “Aw shit!” he thought.


“Do you hear something?” asked the blue pegasus, sticking her ear against the wood pannel of the door.

Then *BAFF*, and the upper part of the door shattered under the weight of the projected dragon.

“What the…?” said Twilight.

Queen jumped out of the hole and started to run behind King.

“We better get goin’ to see what’s goin’on! Let’s go!” yelled Applejack, and everyone followed her.


King went crashing against a wall, but stood up immediately. A predatory smile on the face, he chuckled.

“Thats right! Come to daddy, baby!” He put his hand on fire and rushed toward his opponent.

The opponents’ fists rattled, the second fist of the female rushed to the male’s face but was countered by the other dragon. King contre-attacked with a punch on the stomach that make Queen step back a few meters. She turns off her flames to gives the gloves their originals forms as peaks and put them back to her neck. Then she pulled the peaks from her elbows which materialized in sabers that she ignited immediately. She rushed again toward her opponent and tried to hurt him but he always dodged every attack. King jumped back. They stared at each other for seconds.

“King!” called Twilight, “Are you-! King?” she exclaimed.

“King, is that you?” asked Applejack.

“He looks like King but in a way, this isn’t King…” Pinkie said in a worried tone.

It’s true that at this moment, King’s eyes were devoid of feelings. The protective aura he exuded during his arrival had disappeared to give place to a serious and scary aura, not a murderous one but scary enough for makes tears appear on Fluttershy’s eyes.

“That’s right! King! Show your scary face to your friends!” Queen smirked.

King stared at his friends then glared at his ex, he did a Dragon Boost in order to be behind the female dragon and grab her scarf.

“Hey!” she yelled.

But the Trainer didn’t listen and did another boost to fly away toward the mountain’s dragon cave, where Uncle Bob were sleeping.

“We will continue the fight over there.” He said.

“King! Wait!” screamed King’s new friends. But it was too late: the dragons were already near the mountain.

“Let’s go and help him!” ordered Spike.

“Wait! We… must think about King, there is something wrong with him…” said Spike’s ‘big sis’.


The green dragon came into full speed in the cave holding his opponent scarf. He braked and threw the girl against a wall of the cavern. He landed on the ground, and threw another look devoid of expression on his opponent.

“Here we can fight freely.” He said moving into attack position.

“Fine.” She put away one of her swords and then remove a spine from her tail which materialized into a dark metal weapon with a little canon, more known to us under the name of: Submachine gun.

“That’s new…” King said raising an eyebrow.

“Be ready King, I’ll not be gentle!” Queen said tending the weapon forwards her.

“I’m always ready.” Answered the green dragon by rushing toward her.

She opens fire on King.


The ponies were talking about the strange behavior of the dragon who had just left.

“I have never seen King looking like that, not even when I fail some exercises…” sighed the little dragon.

“He’s only been here a week. We don’t know him well enough, we know nothing about him ...” said Rarity.

“For me, he’s a great dragon with who I can make tight races.” Said Rainbow Dash.

“I think… We trusted him too soon…” whispered Fluttershy.

“You’re right. It was too soon. He just came here, said that he wanted to live here, teach us things about dragon and train Spike for now four days… What can we do now?” Sighed the purple unicorn.

“Well duh! We just have to ask him some questions about him when he gets back.” Exclaimed the pink pony.

“Ah thin’ that him who’s coming! Look!” Applejack ordered by raising a hoof to the sky where a silhouette of a dragon approached. Everybody looked up. But as the dragon approached, more could see that he was not alone. In fact, four other dragons were with him, "What the ...?” asked the orange mare to herself.

The dragons landed brutally in front of the group. They were each a different color: blue, black, white, brown and gray.

“Don’t forget Queen’s orders! No killing, just hostages to blackmail King!" said the gray dragon who seemed to be the leader of the gang.

“Ooooooooh…” the rest of the group sighed in chorus.

“But she didn’t say we couldn’t hurt.” The gray one said with an evil smile.

Author's Note:

Ta-da! Fifth chapter's here!

If you're curious, you can find Queen's art here.