• Published 20th Dec 2012
  • 1,386 Views, 25 Comments

Dragon Training - BakaOniisan



A Dragon came to Ponyville to teach and train Spike how to be a REAL dragon, but is this his real intentions?

  • ...
9
 25
 1,386

The race: Dragon VS Pegasus

Chapter 3: The race: Dragon VS Pegasus

“Where is he? It is two hours and a half already!”, exclaimed King, becoming impatient. “I told him to come at two!”
Then, he heard a call coming down the street. It was Spike, he was holding a donut in his hand.

“Sorry, I’m late” apologized the kid.

“I know! Why do you have a donut?”

“I didn’t take breakfast this morning. So I went quickly to the Sugarcube Corner and buy this don- OH!” screamed the dragon because he tripped and now, his donut was in the air, ready to respond to gravity and kiss the ground, “MY DONUT!!!!” cried the child before pulling his tongue and grab the donut to five centimeters from the ground. “Pfiuu, saved.”
King was staring at him, mouth open. Spike noticed and asked if he was alright.

“How the hell did you do that?” asked the green dragon.

“What do you mean?”

“The thing with your tongue”

“Oh that! It’s nothing, every dragon can do it” respond Twilight’s assistant.

“What? No! Of course no.” exclaimed King.

“Huh?”

“Did I… Oh damn, I forgot to say about it during the lesson!”

“To say what?”

The teen explained to the child that each dragon has a capacity that is unique, there are great capacities like eating fire, and less cool as farting through the nostrils. He also stated that Spike’s capacity was “having a super-duper-long tongue”; the little dragon asked to the older one what Garble’s capacity is. King only responds: “To being a bucking pain in the ass”. “I knew it!” whispered the kid. Then Spike asked what was King’s one. He laughs.

“Without wanting to brag ... No, actually I love to brag. I am one of the fastest dragons in the world, I could even say: THE fastest!” smiled the dragon.

“That doesn’t answer me.”

“Well, you see kiddo. My capacity is something that I named: Dragon Boost. It consists to do an acceleration that increases my speed by five during a flight or a walk.”

“Looks like a Sonic Rainboom…” noticed the kid.

“What’s a Sonic Rainboom?”

“It’s like your Dragon Boost but only Rainbow Dash can perform it.”, explained Spike.

“Okay… Want me to show you my capacity?”

“Yeah, why not?”

The big dragon opened his wings, he took off, starts to turn a little into the air. Spike waited forward the demonstration. King looked at the little dragon with a smile and said with energy: "DRAGON BOOST!" and there was an explosion where the dragon was and this one was gone, we only could see a yellow-green trail that ran at full speed towards the North, Spike was speechless.


King was doing loops in the air, it was long since he had been able to do a Dragon Boost, the olds ones forbade him to do it near other dragons. He never understands why… The dragon noticed that he slowed, it boosted again.
Not far away, on a cloud, a blue pegasus was snoring. A green rocket passed at full speed near the cloud, tossing it away. The sleeper awoke in the middle of a dance with the bed. Found balance and looked toward the direction in which the green arrow was going.

“Was it… King?” questioned herself Rainbow Dash.


King was landing smoothly at Spike. The little dragon said it was great, the big one nodded.

“Hey you!” They both heard.

They looked up and seen the Element of Loyalty standing above them. She land down, look at the green dragon.

“I’ve seen your speed just now; it’s pretty impressive but not enough to face me.” She started.

“So…?”

“I think she want to challenge you.” murmured Spike.

“Oh really?” said King with sarcasm.

“Eh! It's not as if I thought you were faster than me ...”

“I surely am.” smiled the dragon.

Rainbow Dash stared him angrily and growled.

“What you say?”

“I’m surely faster than a pony.” He repeated.

“You know what? I challenge you to a race! You and me!” yelled the blue pegasis.

King crossed his arms on his chest, lifted his chin and screamed: “CHALLENGE ACCEPTED!!!!”

“Great! In two hours, here, for the race!”

“You’re going to have a race?”

Rainbow Dash and King looked at the pinky earth pony, which jumped from nowhere, smiling like always.

“Uh, yeah?” said King.

Awesome! That sounds fun!” she exclaimed. “I’ll put up posters everywhere! I can already see it: “In two hours… The race: Dragon VS Pegasis! Who’s going to win? Come to attend the best race EVER!” That’s going to be awesome!” She screamed, like that every pony around can hear her. “I let you prepare yourself, I have lot of work to do!” said Pinkie Pie, running away.

Every one stayed speechless, and return on their business. Rainbow Dash went away, remembering to King: “Two hours, don’t you dare run away!”

“I was going to say you the same thing.” He smiled again.

“B-But?! And my training?!” exclaimed Spike.

“Sorry kid, but you see, a dragon never denied a challenge like this!” tried to apologized the teenager.

“Okay…” sighed sadly the little dragon.

“But don’t worry. We still have two hours before the race. We can talk!”

Spike agreed and they went for a walk, the older one asked to the child about the Elements and-

“Now that I’m thinking about it… How do you know things about the Element of Harmony?” asked Spike.

“That right. Pretty strange that Twilight didn’t asked me about that.”

Suddenly, Twilight appeared by teleportation in front of the two dragons.

“King!”

“Yes Twi?”

“I forgot to ask you… How the hay do you know about the Elements?” asked and yelled the unicorn.

“I was waiting for this. You see, I say this morning that we, dragons, were here for long, long time so, obviously, we were here when the Elements was used for the first time.” Started to tell King.

“You mean the princesses?”

“No. Before the princesses. Those biped creatures used and created the Elements long time ago. So, it’s normal for us to know the Elements.”

“Oh, I see… This is a good explanation, sorry if I disturb you.”

“No problem.” Smiled the dragon. “Oh, Twilight. My turn to ask questions.”

“Yes King?”

“Do you and your friends have met a dragon on adulthood?”

“Yeah! Once a dragon was sleeping on top of the mountain there. He snored too much and spitting at the same time smoke. Princess Celestia sent us on a mission, which of making goes away the dragon. It was a failure until Fluttershuy “defeated” the dragon and so we were able to save Equestria again.”

“Wait a second, you mean Fluttershy defeated a dragon? Fluttershy? The Element of KINDNESS??” wondered loudly the teenager.

“Well yeah…”

“OH BUCK! GONNA CHECK THIS OUT!” screamed King, now running to Fluttershy’s house.

Spike and Twilight stayed there, alone. Without understanding this hurry.

“Oh Spike, do you know that Rainbow Dash and King are going to race?”


Fluttershy was taking care of her animals when suddenly the door was hit three times. She wondered who it could be, she came near the large piece of wood, opened and closed immediately.

“Fluttershy! That’s not very polite! It’s me: King!” exclaimed a voice behind the door. The yellow pegasis opened the door.

“I know, sorry… It’s just that I’m still not used to receive a big dragon as you…” murmured the pegasis, “Please come in”

The dragon entered into the little house, all animals by seeing him run away “crap” King thought. But he noticed that just one animal stayed calm: a white little bunny, staring at the dragon.

“Please, if it doesn’t bother you, take a sit. This is Angel.” Said the pegasis to the teenager. “Angel, this is King, he’s our guest, so be nice, okay?” the only answer she get was a bored look from the rabbit. “I’ll take that for a yes… Well, I have something to do upstairs. Can I leave you two alone?”

“Sure no problem…” said King in response.

Fluttershy smiled and went upstairs.

----------King’s PoV----------

I looked at the rabbit, he looked at me, I looked at him, he looked at me, I looked at him, he pulled a knife out of nowhere, I looked at him with my eyes wide open with an expression of "What The Buck?!", He threw the knife.

----------End King’s PoV-----------

King dodged the knife in Matrix style, which went planted in the wall behind the dragon. The rabbit jumped like a ninja on the dragon's head to bounce back and reach for the blade planted. Once the handle of the knife in hand, he withdrew the blade of the wall to return to the attack, but the dragon had already caught the ears. King snatched the knife from the hands of the animal and placed it on a table beside him. The new dragon glared at the bunny, which wasn’t intimidated, and in a voice full of rage:

“I eat bitches like you every morning, so you better calm down when I’m around. Understood?”

Angel gave him a slap in response.

“YOU LITTLE!!!” shouted in a low voice the dragon, to the pegasus can’t hear it up there.

Then they listened steps on the stairs. King put the rabbit on the ground, and had a smile on his face. Fluttershy looked at them and said she was glad they get along so well. But we could swear that behind rivals were their shadows trying to fight.

“So, King, what can I do for you?”

“Oh! That right! Twilight tell me that you‘ve defeated a dragon, once! It’s that true?” asked the dragon.

“Oh, that? I don’t really “defeat” him, I just scolded him, the poor big red dragon, he cried after that…"

“Wait… A red dragon?”

“Uh, yes?”

“So let me recapitulate: a red dragon, snoring smoke, and go away after being “defeated” by a pony?”

“Yes…”

“No way… It’s YOU?! You’re the pony who defeated Uncle Bob!?” exclaimed the dragon.

“It was your uncle? I’m so sorry…”

“It’s okay, he’s not really my uncle. In the clan, we just call him Uncle Bob. You’re definitely not as he have described you.” Noticed King.

“And how he described me?”

“He said, if I remember correctly, he said that he was attacked when he was sleeping by a freaking scary pegasus. He said that the pony was small but very very strong, he said that the eyes were soaked with blood, that the pony doesn’t have any mane, just snakes instead of the fur. He even says that the attacker had claws instead of hooves. He finally said that the pony beat the crap outta him and forced him to go away with his treasure.” Explained King.

“Oh my…” whispered the pegasis.

“What a pussy… If I see him again, I would talk to him.” He smiled. They continued talking for some time. “Oh” exclaimed King, “it’s been one hour we discuss, in an hour I have a race to win.”

“Oh yeah, that right! You and Rainbow Dash are going to race, I’ll be there to cheer both of you.”

“How do you know that? It was announced there was barely an hour”

“Pinkie’s news is really fast”

“Oh.”


The time of the race arrived, the ponies had prepared everything: the banner of arrival and departure, the cloud way to tell where is the arrival. The two concurrent were at the starting line, stretching their members, especially their wings. Pinkie and Spike were in a balloon to comment the race. The spectators were talking among themselves.

“According to you, who will win?” asked Applebloom.

“Well, Rainbow Dash of course! She’s the best!” exclaimed Scootaloo.

“But King looks pretty badass, don’t you think? And I heard that he was the fastest dragon in the world.” Said the yellow pony in response.

A pony shouted: “The bets are open!”

“30 bits on the pegasis!”

“25 on the dragon!”

King looked at his concurrent and smiled:

“Still thinking that you can win?”

“Of course!”

Applejack raised the black and white checkered flag to announce the departure. They both went on position. The earth pony lowered the flag, and the dragon and the pegasis flew at full speed.


King quickly noticed that the pegasus was flying faster than him, she moved gradually away from the dragon’s position. But it really didn’t bother him, he just had to say: “DRAGON BOOST!” And in a few seconds he was ahead under the surprised look of Rainbow Dash. But it wasn’t enough to slow the Element of Loyalty. She did a Sonic Rainboom and overtook the dragon. The rivals were now next to each other; they threw themselves a little look and accelerated. King was beginning to dangerously slowing down but made another Dragon Boost to stay next to Rainbow Dash. After a dozen turns, loops and other stunts unnecessary for a race, both competitors were above a forest and saw a down arrow showing clearly that the road ahead was to zigzag between the trees. King, convinced that his opponent was breathless, decided to take a look at her, but what he saw prevented him to watch something other than her. The rainbow mane was dancing in the wind, the same for the fur and the feathers of her wings. His eyes looked up at the face of the mare, her big adorable pink eyes, which focused gaze... Now that King was thinking ... Rainbow Dash is very cute.

Wait… WHAT?!” he though.

*CRASH* he did by bumping a tree; his head had transfixed the trunk.

The blue pegasis heard the crash so she stopped and approach the head to see if everything was alright. King replied sarcastically that all was well, the mare helped him to unblock the head of the tree. After this little incident, they finished the race, it is needless to say that Rainbow Dash was victorious with three-five seconds ahead. And of course, Pinkie had prepared a party for the victory. The party lasted a long time, night had fallen, King apologized to Spike because the training will be postponed to the next day.


King was sitting alone in his room when someone knocked on the door he opened it and Rainbow Dash was standing at the doorway, she asked him to enter the dragon agreed and let her pass.

“So what can I do for you R.D.?” asked the dragon, “Do you want a Coca?”

“Yes, please”

“Oh, I didn’t congratulate you for your victory yesterday, it was a great race.”

“Sure! If we forgot the passage of your crash with the tree.” She smiled.

“Uh, yeah…” blushed King, still looking for Coca. “Please, don’t tell any pony”

“Hmm, we can fix it” laughed the pony.

King smiled, “So, what do you want?” he said, turning round. But he was surprised to see the smiling face of pegasus a few inches from his own face. “What the…”

“Kiss me.” She said.

The dragon stayed silent for few seconds which looked like hours. “What?” this is what he only found to say.

“C’mon! I know you want it!” she say, approaching her lips close to King’s ones.

“Wait, Dash, you're nice and cute, but we are two different breeds, it is not very-“

“Shut up already!” she yelled sticking her lips to his.

King was first surprised, then answered the kiss by hugging her. Then, they… or rather he opened his eyes suddenly. He was in his bed, sweating and kinda scared. He murmured: “No… God, please no…”


Spike came to the King’s house and knocked, the big dragon opened the door a look exhausted.

“You’re okay?” asked the little dragon, surprised.

“Yeah, don’t worry…”

Then, a blue pegasus passed near the house and stopped by seeing the two dragons.

“Hey guys! What’s up?” she asked.

“Oh, hi Rainbow Dash! King’s going to train me today!” smiled Spike.

“H-Hello R.D.” said King. “Like Spike said, I’m going to be his trainer!”

“Okay, good luck! See ya!” she flew away.

“Yeah… See ya…” blushed a little the big dragon.

Spike noticed that blush, he stared on King and Rainbow Dash and realized: “No waaaaaay, get out!” He stared the green dragon, smiling.

“Why you’re looking at me like that? You look stupid.”

“King… Don’t tell me you’re in love with Rainbow Dash?”

“What? No, of course not!” He strongly blushed.

“Yeah right…” the kid still smiled.

“This gonna be our secret! Don’t you dare tell this to some pony!” said the dragon with rage.

“Okay!”

“Now, prepare yourself! ‘cause this training is nothing easy!”