• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 3,054 Views, 141 Comments

Lost in Conflict - YoshiBrony



When a simple soldier makes the ultimate sacrifice, he ends up somewhere he did not expect...

  • ...
13
 141
 3,054

Explanations and plans

Chapter 6

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The once loud and cheerful party suddenly became dead silent. The laughter and conversations replaced by complete silence, and the once smiling ponies were now staring with their mouths agape at the sudden change of events. The small traces of blood from the winded unicorn sprayed on the floor from his coughing, a result of the tree-shaking buck Applejack had landed on him just moments ago.Twilight stood, her mind conflicted at who's side to take, her eyes watering as her best friend fought with such rage against the colt she was assigned to look after.

"What d'ya mean yah lost everything?"

Isaac looked up at Applejack, a small amount of blood seeping out of his mouth, and his coat now a very dark grey. His glance moved away from Applejack to scan all of the other ponies in the room. Some stood, petrified to do or say anything. Others were giving looks of disgrace at Isaac, and murmuring to the ones next to them. Isaac looked at the floor, and wiped some of the blood off of his chin, then he looked back up to Applejack.

"Meet me at the library, bring your closest friends. And only those you can trust to keep a secret." Isaac said quickly, as he eyed the door and walked out, not bothering to give anypony a look as he left. His mind was a mess, but he knew if he was to ever fix what had happened, he had to say something. He made it to the library, using his magic he cleaned the rest of the blood off his coat, and thought of a way to pass the time before Applejack arrived.

Back at the party, Applejack had gathered her close friends. Twilight and Rarity were standing next to her, while Pinkie led the rest of the ponies out of the door, her usually fluffy and vibrant mane and tail now a straight, dull style. Rainbow Dash sat nearby, trying to calm Fluttershy down after an outburst of anger and tears at Applejack for hurting her new friend.

"Ah know you're all a might' angry with me right now, but once we talk to Oakleaf we'll have this all sorted out y'hear?" Applejack looked over at Twilight, specifically. A look of regret in the orange mares' eyes. Twilight placed a hoof on her shoulder before a quick reply, "We are all confused right now, AJ. But don't worry, i'm sure everything will be fine." The lavender unicorn managing a reassuring smile before the 6 ponies headed out of the door towards the library.

"Come on, Fluttershy. I'm sure it was just a misunderstanding." Rainbow held a hoof over the still sobbing, yellow mares' shoulder as they walked.

"B..But how could it be? Didn't you just hear the anger in his voice? A...And h..his c-c-coat..." Fluttershy struggled to reply, but knowing she had to be strong with her friends, she wiped her tears and continued onwards.

As the 6 mares reached the entrance to the library, they heard a guitar playing and stopping as Twilight opened the door. Quietly they reached the door to the basement, Twilight didn't have a guitar in her home, so she wondered where the noise must be coming from. The six friends made their way to the top of the staircase, they saw Isaac holding a guitar fashioned from the wood of the library and some of the materials lying around.

"Damn it. Heh, always hated tuning these things...." Isaac said, oblivious to the six ponies watching from a mere dozen meters away. Applejack was about to say something, when Twilight held a hoof up and signaled her to listen to the colt. His body facing the wall, Isaac always hated performances, keeping to himself whenever he used to play in his room. He finished tuning the guitar and after a few test plucks of the strings, began a song of his own, mixed up a little just in case anypony wanted to hear it in the future.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DboMAghWcA (the song if anypony is wondering)

"He said son, have you seen the world?
Well, what would you say, if I said that you could?
Just ready your horn, you'll even get paid.,
I said that sounds pretty good."

"Black, metal shoes, spit-shined so bright.
They cut off my mane, but it looked all right.
We marched and we sang, we all became friends, as we learned how to fight."

The six mares were stunned as Isaac's singing was more than tolerable. Each one judging the song in a different manner as the chorus kicked in.

"A hero of war,
Yeah that's what i'll be!
And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me!
I'll carry this flag, To the grave if I must!
'cause its the flag that I love, and a flag that I trust.."

"I kicked in the door, I yelled my commands,
The fillys they cried, but I got my man.
We took him away, a bag over his face.
From his family and his friends..."

"They took off his clothes, they pissed in his hoofs.
I told them to stop, but then I joined in.
We beat him with stones, and batons not just once,
but again and again."

Rarity and Applejack held their mouths agape, about to leave out of pure disgust for the song. But before they could do so, Fluttershy locked them in a gaze, and made it so that they stayed until the end. They all leaned closer as the chorus kicked in once more.

"A hero of war,
Yeah that's what i'll be!
And when I come home, they'll be damn proud of me!
I'll carry this flag, to the grave if I must!
'cause it's the flag that a love, and a flag that I truuuust!"

"She walked, through cast spells and haze.
I asked her to stop, I begged her to stay.
But she pressed on, so I lit up my horn,
and I fired away..."

"And the sparks, jumped through the smoke,
and into the sand, that the blood now had soaked.
She collapsed, with a flag in her hoof, a flag white as snow...."

The six ponies heard the sadness in the colts voice, and listened how his voice became angrier as he said the last part of his song.

"A hero of war? Is that what they see?
Just medals and scars, so damn proud of me!
And I brought home that flag, now it gathers dust.
But its the flag that I love, it's the only flag I trust..."

"He said son, have you seen the world? Well, what would you say, if I said that you could?"

Isaac let the tears flow freely from his eyes for a moment, he placed the guitar on the side of his bed as he lept up and began to walk upstairs. Instead he met a familiar yellow mare step down the staircase to him and hold him in her hoofs. Isaac could feel her tears land on the side of his body as he brought the mare up to face him.

"It...It was a wonderful song, Iridescent. But please, we need to sort this out....." Her words clung to him like a leech, sucking away at his sadness. His coat changed back to its original color as he felt like his usual self again, as he looked up at the stairs. Isaac led Fluttershy forward before glancing back to the guitar, smiling to himself before heading back up the stairs. As he exited the doorway, he saw six mares from the party including Fluttershy. Rarity, Rainbow Dash, Twilight, Pinkie Pie and of course, Applejack. He scanned each of them individually before lighting up his horn.

"Well, I guess I owe you all an explanation...."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------


Canterlot Castle, 2 hours ago.

Princess Celestia looked over the horizon as she watched her sun set over the rolling green hills of Equestria. Her room barely lit up as the contemplated what lay ahead in the future. She turned to see the door to her room open slowly, and watched closely as Luna walked next to her as she gazed over the hills.

"Beautiful night isn't it my sister?" Celestia said, calmly. Her glowing white coat seemingly making the room brighter.

"Tis' a wonderful night. Not what we should be experiencing at a time like this." Luna replied, her gaze set solidly on the horizon. "We should be preparing, you know it could happen any day now." Celestia placed a hoof on her sisters shoulder, Luna's gaze remaining unchanged.

"Fear not my sister, we have much time before it happens, and either way, I have complete trust in Isaac. He will not fail."

"But his rage, what if that becomes the better of him?" Lunas expression now worried, and both sisters looked toward the distant Ponyville.

"He will not succumb, I know this. And even if he does, I shall interfere and put a stop to it."

Celestia turned to the horizon once more, away from flickers of light in the distance. As the sun dissapeared over the hills, she stepped back inside from her balcony, and sat on her carpet next to her fireplace. As Luna retreated out of the room to the roof of the castle where she looked over Equestria during her night, Celestia thought to herself and looked into the red and yellow of the fire, its heat filling the room. She closed her eyes for a second before looking out the window once more.

"I hope I am right, for should Isaac fail, we will be powerless to stop him..."

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac lifted his head as he concentrated his magic, the six mares taking a step backwards as his green aura filled the room. A cloudy image was born in the center of the room, separating Isaac from the rest of the group. Twilight could not imagine the pain Isaac must be in right now, accessing his own memories and displaying them, uses more magic than Twilight would ever want to control. But strangely enough, Isaac seemed fine through the mist. His posture was calm and his eyes closed lightly. The cloud cleansed into a white sheet that faded into an image of a busy city area, the six friends felt their minds leave their bodies as they were sucked into the image.

"Isaac, hey Isaac! come on man, lets go!"

The image displayed in front of the mares was a view from Isaac's own eyes. A 15 year old representation of his human self, to be exact. The mares felt the screen shake as the image moved itself to the top of a large hill, overlooking the huge city that dwarfed Canterlot. The figure, found to be Isaac's brother, led them to the top of a hill where he saw many other human figures sat on the grass, beckoning and waving to them. The mares looked on as the image of Isaac with his friends faded away. And looked on in horror as there was a white flash, replaced with the same city, burning with explosions around every corner.

"Isaac! Damn it Isaac leave them it's too late!"

The mares stared as Isaac's view switched between that of his brother, and his friends from the previous image, now in mutilated piles. Their bodies burnt and filled with bullet holes. Explosions could be heard nearby and the screams of the Cities population fleeing gunfire. Everywhere Isaac's eyes led them, the mares saw death, pain and destruction. The image followed Isaacs' brother around the covered side of a large bridge, where the elder brother motioned for him to stop moving. to their side, they saw a mass of soldiers stepping across the wide bridge, towards the city. As the last of the soldiers seemingly made their way past, the brother looked over the boundary. Only to be grasped by the neck and held in the air by a hidden trooper. The soldier threw Isaac's brother to the ground where others moved back and took turns kicking and punching.

"Come on assholes! That the best you got!?"

It did not occur to Isaac until now, that what his brother was doing, was a distraction. one soldier kicked his brother in the ribs, while another held his on his knees. A third soldier pulled a gun to the bothers forehead, the mares looked on in horror as the Isaac's view saw his brother look towards him, and yell.

"Isaac, Jump!"

The soldier looked back towards a stunned Isaac, then back to his brother and immediately pulled the trigger, silencing him. Isaac's body turned and ran to the edge of the bridge over a flowing river, covered in red blotches due to the blood of a million innocents. The mares felt a slight pain in their shoulders as the image of Isaac fell forward, blood spurting out of a hole in his own shoulder. And the screen went white once more as they hit the water.

The mares stood silent as the world around them faded to show the library, and in the corner of the room they saw Isaac. Now shivering and whimpering in the corner of the room, his forelegs held between his knees, and his eyes red from a constant watering. Applejack strolled slowly up to the terrified unicorn, and held him in a deep embrace, tears now falling from her own eyes.

"Isaac.....A'hm so sorry...."