• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 3,052 Views, 141 Comments

Lost in Conflict - YoshiBrony



When a simple soldier makes the ultimate sacrifice, he ends up somewhere he did not expect...

  • ...
13
 141
 3,052

A second chance

Chapter 1

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the rolling thunder continued outside, Isaac simply sat in the generator room of the building, contemplating the fact that he needs to blow himself up. All his life he had been fighting for the greater good, to help others, but now his end has finally come. The tears stopped falling minutes ago, his energy sapped, he simply sat next to the bomb and thought to himself...

"You always expected a happy ending didn't you Isaac? That everything would be alright in the end? Well now you know, after all this fighting. All this death, and destruction, and horror. That it's over, no happy ending, no getting married and having children....Just....Death.

Isaac decided he had waited long enough, he decided to just get up and get it over with. He could hear voices making their way downstairs, ordered to patrol the area no doubt. He wiped the tears from his eyes and sat up, facing away from the door. As Isaac stared at the bomb as the voices drew closer, torch-lights becoming brighter as the guards made their way into the room. Isaac pushed his finger on the button, waiting a few seconds before one of the guards looked upon him and noticed what he was about to do.

"Open fire!!!"

The constant sound of bullets flying through the air was drowned out for Isaac when he suddenly felt like the world was slowed down. He took this time to remember everyone he lost the day of the invasion, and as the bullets collided with his back, he wondered why he couldn't feel anything. As he felt his life force draining away, he suddenly saw a figure. That figure turned out to be the face of his brother, not saying anything. But smiling upon him.

Isaac took a second to realize what he saw, but when his eyes met his brothers. He felt calm, and at peace. His brother opened his mouth to speak, and 4 simple words were heard in the back of his mind. Words that touched his heart, and cleared his conscience for the last time.

"You aren't alone anymore....."

As the final word echoed, Isaac suddenly felt the agonizing pain of the bullets as they plowed through his body. And just as the final bit of energy was sapped from his body, he let go of the button, new words suddenly echoed through his mind as everything went white. But these words were not in his head, they were coming from somewhere else.

"Time to wake up...."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Isaac found himself floating and surrounded by a white light, his body feeling different and out of place. Although he was blind to the world around him, the feelings came back to him, his hand were now replaced by what felt like tough marshmallows, his skin now a soft coat. The rest of his body was changed so vividly he couldn't even describe how it had changed.

"So, this is what being dead feels like huh?" Isaac spoke to himself jokingly. His eye still unable to make out any shapes or objects. So he decided to be patient rather than constantly ask questions to the space around him.

After a time in the light, he then began opening his eyes and after some focusing, found himself within the walls of a castle, the windows colored with depictions of what he can only guess as events that happened throughout the history of....Wherever he was. He quickly realized he could see his own body. He felt confused as to how this new body felt so natural to him, and after coming to terms with the physical changes, he observed his new colors. He had a dull grey coat, the perfect midpoint between white and black. And his hair, now a mane, was a brilliant shade of light green. Short and messy, and the same went for his new found tail. once he finished observing himself and his surroundings, he noticed he was covered in a golden yellow aura. And looked around to find the source, after a quick glance he heard a soft, calming voice from the other end of the room.

"Ah, I see you're finally awake."

Isaac was about to move closer to this new point of interest, when he found himself lifted off his fee...Er..Hooves. And carried towards a tall, strangely beautiful being with a pure white coat, with a flowing multicolored mane. She stood almost twice his height. And Isaac couldn't help but feel nervous as she looked him over with a plain, unaltered expression until Isaac decided to actually speak up.

"Who...Where....How..???" He didn't know where to begin, so much new information, so fast. Sent his world upside down.

"Please, do not be alarmed, I understand your current position. I have seen into your world and the destruction that has been caused there..." Isaac opened his mouth to speak, but the white entity raised her hoof, signalling Isaac to stay silent.

"I have decided to give you, and only you. A second chance. I've seen the pain you have been through your past life....

"Did she just say past life!?"

"And I have brought you here, to our world. In order to start anew, my name, is Princess Celestia."

Isaac had always wanted to meet royalty as a child, but this was far from what he had expected. Isaac felt like he had listened enough, he decided to ignore the risk of getting yelled at, and quickly interrupted the princess.

"Alright! First of all where and...What, am I? I just died, I was finally at peace, and I won the war for us! Why bring me here?"

Celestia stood, slightly shocked for a moment, then sighed and looked up at Isaac, her kind eyes calming him almost immediately. She set him down, but the aura coming from her horn was still present around his body.

"You are in our land, Equestria. I have turned you into one of our kind. A unicorn to be exact." Isaac quickly noticed a horn smaller than that of Celestias resting atop his own head. After the momentary lapse in concentration, looked back to Celestia.

Celestia sighed and closed her eyes for a second, before she continued. "As for your other concerns, yes. You died, but I have brought you back here in the hopes of having a new life. A life free from war and loss. But as for you being at peace, I thought you should know this. The Government leaders inside the building were decoys, an unfortunate, but necessary precaution they initiated. You failed your mission, and your world continues to burn. I am Sorry." She finally sat back down on her throne before closing her eyes again.

"I'm sorry?" I lost everything and just as she says I failed, all she can say is that she's sorry?!

Isaac thought to himself before letting out a short cry, not one of anger, but one of sorrow. As he lay there, broken and confused. Celestia slowly made her way towards him, and placed a hoof on his shoulder. When Isaac finally calmed down and the tears stopped flowing, Celestia explained the rest of her plans.

"I have brought you back from death to start a new life in our world. I believe you can pull through and make enough friends to live a good life, something you never had in your previous world. I am going to send you to a town not too far away from here called Ponyville. There you will meet with one of my students there, she will give you somewhere to stay. But other than that, you are on your own." Celestia seemed harsher than she had intended with the last sentence.

It took Isaac a while for all of what Celestia said to sink in. He was more than just confused as to why he was where, and how. But he quickly decided to let off of it go when wanted just one more question answered before his new journey began.

"Princess, just one more thing..." Isaac began, as the Princess looked up with a kind expression on her face."

"What makes you think I can trust these other ponies.....Or you, for that matter." Celestia closed her eyes again in thought as to how to answer Isaacs' question.

Celestia nodded before answering with a smile, "I would be surprised if you trusted me immediately, seeing as what you went through. I do not expect you to trust me, but some of the ponies you will meet may be just as wary of you as you are of them." This answer was unexpected to Isaac, who decided he could trust the words this being after she rescued him from death. After seeming satisfied with Celestias answer, he looked calmly at her as she began to say her final words to him.

"Just one more thing before you go, your injuries were...Severe, to say the least..." Her smile faded quickly as it turned into a pained expression. "My magic can only heal so much, and once I let you go, you will be in much pain for the next few minutes. But you must push through it." Isaac was about to protest, before he found his body starting to fade.

"Good luck, and you may want to find a new name. Isaac would not be.....Acceptable, in our society." As Celestias final words left the air, Isaac found himself whirling into darkness, only to find himself blinded by a familiar white light....


------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Author's note:

Alrighty, so this is my first story, and I hope you are all enjoying it. I am aware it is short, as writing takes a lot longer than reading, as I soon realized :P . But hopefully I will make longer chapters as time goes on, and I am open to ideas. Seeing as I am making this up as I go along.

Thanks for reading!