• Published 2nd Dec 2012
  • 3,052 Views, 141 Comments

Lost in Conflict - YoshiBrony



When a simple soldier makes the ultimate sacrifice, he ends up somewhere he did not expect...

  • ...
13
 141
 3,052

Desperate measures

Chapter 14

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Isaac, we don't know exactly when the Leviathan will get here. We don't even know if Shining will have the army ready in time."

"Hey, if this 'Shining Armour' is as good as you say he is. He's got a better chance at rallying the army than anypony else."

The room stayed silent for the next few moments, each pony in the room looking at the ground. Still struggling to take in the news, Mayor Mare was the first to speak up after the momentary absence of noise.

"I can't believe this, We must evacuate Ponyville, find ourselves a new home..." Her distraught tone and quiet weeping spread to everypony in the room, only Isaac stood unmoved by the events, thinking to himself as he watched the mares panic among themselves.

"I'm not going to let another world burn. I've lost too much, suffered for too long..."

"Stop!" Isaac's voice filled the room, all of the mares instantly went silent, Isaac closed his eyes before turning to the mayor.

"Get everybody out of Ponyville, get them somewhere safe. We need as much time as possible to prepare." The ponies around Isaac quickly made themselves useful, helping each other off the ground while Isaac moved over towards Cadance.
"Cadance, are you able to contact Shining Armour?"

"Yes I....Why?"

"Tell him tho rendezvous with his army just outside Ponyville, next to the Everfree Forest." Cadance paused for a second before getting up, looking Isaac straight in the eyes, her expression changed from sorrowful to curious.

"What are you going to do then?" Isaac paused for a second before walking towards the exit. looking over his shoulder at the rest of the ponies in the room who were also wondering the same thing.

"To build a bomb."

And just as quickly as the commotion began, it was over, and the library was quiet once more. The rest of the ponies looked at each other for a few moments, before the Mayor decided to speak up. "I....Alright, Twilight? You and your friends gather everypony in the center of town. We don't have long to get the townspeople to safety." Twilight nodded and gathered her friends, only something was amiss. Twilight looked around the room before coming to a sudden realization.

"Where's Fluttershy?"

Isaac wandered aimlessly through town, thinking hard as to how he was going to defeat this so called 'Leviathan'. He made his way over to a secluded area, just outside of town, he sat down and held his head in his hoofs, the pressure and bad news finally getting to him. He wept for a few seconds before feeling a familiar hoof on his shoulder, he rubbed his eyes and found himself pulled into a tight embrace from the yellow mare. The fear and self-doubt finally took its toll, and Isaac buried his face in Fluttershy's pink mane, tears falling freely from his eyes. The pegasus kept a tight hold on him to try and stop his shivering, but his cries only made her feel as upset as him.

"I don't know what to do Fluttershy....I can't lose another world, I can't...Lose you..." Isaac wept as he held onto his fillyfriend, he eventually stopped his crying and slowly let go of the mare, remembering the moments he and Fluttershy spent together. As short as it was, the time he spent with her were the best days of his life. And the thought of losing everything again struck something deep inside him, collecting his thoughts, he gently kissed Fluttershy before figuring out what he needed to do.

"Fluttershy, I need you to stay with me while I do this. I don't know if i'll survive the battle, but I want to spend every moment before then with you..."

"Of course....I'll...I'll stay with you until the call comes..."

Isaac gave Fluttershy a small smile before letting go of her, he moved a few paces to his side before setting down again on the grass. He closed his eyes and relaxed himself before lighting up his horn, focusing of the space in front of him.

"Fluttershy, I'm going to pour a lot of magic into this...So....I need you with me.."

The yellow mare sat down beside him, holding a hoof over his back, she lay her head on his shoulder and looked in awe at the sight unfolding in front of her. As Isaac closed his eyes, his horn glowed its familiar bright green light, and a few feet in front of the couple, a small sphere of white began to form. As the minutes passed, the small glow became slightly larger. Isaac kept his concentration solely on what he was creating, not noticing the mare that began to feel her eyes close as she drifted off into a deep sleep.

----------------------------------

Just under an hour had passed before everypony in town gathered just outside of the town hall. The voices of the ponies questioning why they were here drowned out almost all other sounds, however, they soon fell completely silent as Mayor Mare exited the large building along with all but one of the Elements of Harmony. She coughed for a second before stammering to the crowd.

"Att...Attention everypony...I'm afraid I bring terrible news.." More than a few worried murmurs colored the air, though they were once again silent as the Mayor continued speaking.

"A terrible event is about to unfold here in Ponyville, and i'm afraid we will need to evacuate the town..." The crowd instantly erupted into cries and angry yells.

"We can't just abandon the town!"

"Where will we live!?"

"Why do we have to go!"

"What of our homes!?"

The cries continued for many minutes as the mayor fruitlessly attempted to calm the townsponies down, they continued to shout and call out to the mayor until another pony took the stage. Emerging from behind the building, Princess Cadance took the podium and spoke in a loud but also calm manner. Upon noticing the Princess, crowd went silent once more, allowing her to speak.

"My dear citizens of Ponyville, it is with a heavy heart that I bring this news to you. There once was a being, known as the Leviathan, that almost consumed Equestria eons ago. It was stopped, but in a few days it will return. We will stop it, but at a cost. We expect Ponyville to be destroyed in the coming battle, i'm sorry, but evacuation is the only way to keep you all safe."

The expected cries and screams of panicking townspeople never came, instead the crowd fell silent. Some even leaving to retrieve their possessions and pack their belongings. A few of them stayed behind, offering to help with the evacuation. Most, however, were seemed to be looking around the crowd for lost possessions. At least until Berry Punch spoke out to the crowd.

"Where's Iridescent? Irrie!?" Twilight took the stage this time to address the issue, some ponies began to shake their heads slowly as a tear dropped from the purple unicorns face.

"I'm so sorry everypony, but Iridescent is not who you think he is..." Large gasps were heard from the crows as Twilight continued.

"Iridescent was originally from another world, he has been selected by Celestia, and is the only one who can defeat the Leviathan. He is preparing himself, and will be at the front of the charge...."

Loud cries and weeps of both shock and sadness broke out in the crowd, mostly from Berry Punch and some other mares. at the back of the stage Rainbow Dash was holding a hysterical Applejack in her hoofs, trying her best to calm to earth pony. The new colt they all came to befriend, now likely to be gone forever.

"I'm so sorry everypony....I'm so sorry..." Twilight said quietly into the microphone, her quiet sobs drowned out by the Princess who once again took the stage.

"I understand how you must all be feeling. But please, we must ready ourselves. Gather your belongings, only what you need." After a few moments, the ponies gathered in the town separated, and went back into their homes, readying themselves for the next few hours.

--------------------------------------------

A few hours had passed, and the ponies had all gathered just outside of town, large carriages containing multiple families' possessions, hauled by the bulkier colts. Surprisingly Rarity left most of her belongings behind, understanding the seriousness of the events to come. Applejack would have helped out, but the fear of losing Isaac, despite the fact they weren't made to be together, made her collapse and weep under the thought. Her heart and mind knew she had to be strong for her friends, but her body refused. As the ponies began to move, Applejack saw Isaac on thee top of a grassy hill next to Fluttershy, and a glowing orb in front of them. Beckoning Twilight, the pair separated from the main group, where they made her way over to a clearly distraught Berry Punch.

"Hey sugarcube, Ah know we aren't supposed to wander, but Irrie's over there if yah...Y'know, wanna say yer goodbyes..."

Berry wiped her eyes and looked up to the spot where Isaac lay with Fluttershy, she put on a weak smile and nodded. Together, the three ponies walked away from the group, up the grassy hill towards the white colt. As they got closer, they saw Iridescent was creating something with his magic, with a sleeping Fluttershy resting beside him.

"Irrie?" Applejack asked, afraid of the way the colt might react. He slowly opened his eyes along with Fluttershy and, while keeping the magic flowing to the orb, slowly walked over to the trio. Applejack was the first to speak, stuttering between a hidden sob. "I....We...We know what's goin t' happen, and...We wanna say our goodbyes.." Fluttershy looked at the glassy-eyed ponies, and left Isaac to have his last moment with them.

"I'm sorry, I didn't want any of this to happen. I couldn't save my world, but I can save yours. I....." He was put silent as all three mares tightly hugged the white unicorn. Their tears matting his coat as he stared at the ground, wishing he could live without conflict, without loss, and without pain. After a few moments of momentary silence, Twilight noticed the orb grow slightly bigger.

"Irrie....What is that?" Looking back to the orb he was forming, he swallowed hard before his reply.

"That....Is where the news gets even worse... I call it a 'Soul Bomb', the clue is in the name. I'm pouring almost all of my soul into this, using almost all of my magical abilities. I have tuned it so that It will destroy whatever life form it's closest to....." The mares stood in awe at the ball off green light, illuminating a small area around it. Berry responded with confused question.

"Why is this bad news?"

"Because even if I survive the battle....I'll lose my soul, i'll still be here, the same body, the same mind....But I don't know what i'll feel with only a fraction of my soul left."

"Will you still care about us?"

"I'll try. But i'm sorry, I don't know what will happen to me afterwards..."

And with that, Fluttershy calmly walked back to Isaac, bringing her face close to his. She couldn't stop the tears from falling, but she could take away some of the pain. Pressing in closer, she pulled the colt into a deep kiss. Time once again seemed to stop for Isaac as he felt Fluttershy's lips pressed against his, ignoring the fact that three other mares we're watching. Isaac was forced to pull away as he heard a loud horn in the distance, and from across a large field, he saw a sight to behold.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Canterlot Castle, 16 hours ago.

"My sister, are you sure this is the right decision?" Luna asked her sister from across the room, who was still awake despite the sun had already sunk beneath the hills. Looking over her balcony at a dimly lit Ponyville, she responded coldly.

"I see no other solution, I deeply regret leaving Twilight and the rest of the town to the Leviathans' wrath, but it is the only way Isaac will be able to save the rest of Equestria." Celestia sighed as she turned back inside, setting down by the nearby fireplace. Lighting it quickly with her horn, she began to cry. Though no sounds were heard, the tears came down her face freely. Luna sat down beside her sister, comforting her as best she could. But both of the Princesses knew that the day would come soon, and their magic would be powerless to stop it. Not even the Elements of Harmony could stop something as powerful and destructive as the Leviathan.

"My sister, if we told Isaac, there is still a small chance that..."

"No. If we tell Isaac, it is more than likely he will not reach the final stage. I will not risk Equestria over one town, as cold as it sounds. I still care deeply for Twilight and her friends, but I just cannot choose them over our land."

"I understand... If only there were another way to stop this madness." Luna and Celestia both stared aimlessly into the fire, readying themselves for the future. Luna was about to leave the room after a few moments, until a guard came rushing into the room, panting and sweating.

"Your highness's..I...We...." Celestia stood instantly and raised a hoof, silencing the worn out colt.

"Calm yourself, take a breath, and tell me what is wrong." After a few moments and long breaths, the guard repeated himself.

"Princess, we have received word that Shining Armour and Princess Cadance have disappeared. They are not in their home and nopony can find them."

The princess's eyes grew wide as Celestia stomped her hoof, though only guessing what the pair were about to do, she seemed confident in her action. "Find them! We cannot allow them to warn Ponyville. This is how it must be done!"

"Your highness, we have looked everywhere, we know they haven't caught a train, and flying would make them easily spotted. They are out of Canterlot."

Knowing the pair would be long gone by now, Celestia looked back over to a distant Ponyville and thought to herself.

"Please don't find him, Shining Armour. You do not understand what you will unleash on us all....

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unknown Location, same time as Ponyville evacuation

"My lord, are you sure it is ready?" The brown assistant cowered behind a pillar as the runes slowly shone a brilliant white, as he spoke Blood Horn opened his eyes, his face with an evil smile as he replied.

"It is ready...Just one more thing, come here, colt!" The assistant hastily stumbled over to Blood Horn, looking more worried by the second. The crumbled area was filled with a bright light as Blood Horn spoke, the light from the runes emanating off every surface.

"Y...Yes, my master?"

"There is one more thing that must be done. Prepare."

The room was filled with a flash of red light as the screams of the brown pony could be heard throughout the halls, a maniacal laugh followed as Blood Horn sliced the assistants head from his body, the blood flowing into the air and mixing with the levitating runes. The white light now changed to a blood red as the ground beneath Blood Horn shook, his laughter continued as a gaping hole in the ground emerged. And the Leviathan slowly lifted itself out with a deafening roar.

"IT'S MINE! EQUESTRIA! IS MINE!!"

Blood Horn stepped towards the towering beast, his wicked grin still on his face as he stood in awe at the Leviathan. The runes still circled him as he took control, and made his way towards the monster, eager to begin his conquest.