• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 1,185 Views, 11 Comments

Tough Love - Weisted Machine



Lyra and Bon Bon are marefriends. But when Bons gets selfish, can it ruin the relationship?

  • ...
4
 11
 1,185

Gone, but I still love you

Bon Bon approached the coffin wearily. A small metal box sat there, as if it were asking Bon Bon to go and break it. Bon Bon moved carefully by it. But as she stepped in front of it, Lyras voice, yes, Lyras voice spoke out of the speakers.

"Bon Bon, will you marry me?" Lyra asked.

A pocket slid out of the box, and sure enough, there was a ring.

---



Bon Bon sat on the bench next to her friend, Lyra. There was nothing to do, all her friends were off with their other friends except her. And Lyra. The suns heat was making her uncomfortable, and the cool wind brushing against her teased with her mane.

Bon Bon cast a glance to Lyra, who sat with her eyes closed, enjoying the heat.


Lyra laughed quietly to herself, fixing her gaze on Bon Bon.

"I got something to ask you ... Will you be my marefriend?" Lyra asked.

Bon Bon blushed.

"Of course!" Bon Bon said, closing her eyes. Lyra smiled.

---

A knock on Bon Bons door innturrupted her from her thoughts. Bon Bon answered the door, to be greeted by Lyra. Lovely roses embraced in her magic. They smelled of sweet perfume, yet sweeter and more fresh.

"Hey, Bon Bon. I picked these for you" Lyra said, placing one of three flowers behind Bon Bons ear.

"Oh thank you dear! They are simply lovely ..." Bon Bon said, blinking away in affection.

"Oh, glad you like them. I'm sorry I can't stay longer. I must go visit my mother, she has a terrible case of buck worms. I'll catch you around later. Okay?" Lyra said apologetically.

"Oh ... I'm sorry to hear that. I hope your mother gets better Lyra" Bon Bon said sadly.

Lyra smiled weakly.

"Thank you" Lyra said, dipping her head.

"And thank you for the flowers" Bon Bon said.

"I must go now, see you later Bon Bon!" Lyra said before rushing into the break of dusk. Bon Bon closed her door, placing the flowers in a vase.

As Bon Bon went to bed that evening, a small sensation rose in her chest about Lyra.

--
The next morning, the same sharp knock as yesterday came upon Bon Bons door.

She opened it, to see Lyra in a mess of her tears laying on her porch.

"Lyra! What happened!?" Bon Bon asked, worriedly. Concern bordering her voice as Lyra sat and cried her heart out.

"M-My mother .. S-She's .. dead" Lyra stuttered before curling up in a ball.

"Aww. Lyra my dear .." Bon Bon sat down with Lyra and stroked her mane.

"B-Buck worm got her .. Ate her alive" Lyra broke down once again.

"Shh ... It'll be ok .."

----

From that day forth, Lyra brought things to Bon Bons door almost every day. They went from chocolates to art and to whatever else you can imagine!

Bon Bon requested a few items, and yup, the next day, it's here!

Then one morning, Lyra and Bon Bon met up at the park, and that day, could change Bon Bon. Forever.

---

Bon Bon saw Lyra rush towards her, shes at the end of the park. Last night she had asked for a stuffed bear, and in Lyras grip was a small object. Bon Bon felt glee in her.

But as Lyra drew near, to her disappointment, it was no other but a stuffed sheep.

"Here you go!" Lyra said, putting the sheep at Bon Bons hooves.

""Um, excuse me Lyra? What is this!?" Bon Bon asked, glaring at Lyras gift.

"I'm sorry Bons, they only had sheep. Not a single bear in sight" Lyra said sadly.

Bon Bon picked up the sheep in her hooves, and threw it on the road. She should have a bear, not a stupid sheep.

"Augh!" Lyra exclaimed at her fallen gift. She rushed out to pick it up in her hooves. But as she reached it, a large object hit the side of Lyras side. She soon disappeared under the wheels, that squashed her through.

"Lyra!" Bon Bon cried. But there she was. Lying dead in the middle of the road. The sheep a few inches ahead, untouched.

"Lyra ..." Bon Bon said quietly, knowing that her Lyra was gone. Bon Bon sat there, in shock. Not knowing what to do.

"LYRA!" Bon Bons lower lip trembled at the sight before her. The police soon arrived, and took her away from the sight. Bon Bon, still petrified. It was her fault. If she hadn't been to selfish and bratty, maybe none of this would have happened. Lyra would still be alive. The beige mare was responsible for her Lyras death.

The guilt was to much to bear. Before the funeral she starved herself in her house. Crumbled up in a ball, staring at the wall. In her dreams, she would often see Lyra. She'd call out to her, but before Lyra could turn around to even look at Bon Bon, she woke up.

Oh how she wanted to apoligize, take back the moment. Bon Bon should be that one, laying dead on the road. Not Lyra.

Bon Bon could barely speak or move of that matter, Lyra was in her dreams. She couldn't apoligize, and how badly she wanted to. The guilt, sorrow, anxiety and lonlieness is to much for Bon Bon to bear. She had to be carried to the funeral, for her legs couldn't be moved. No matter how hard she tried. As pictures of Lyra were projected on a screen, Bon Bon soaked up every single detail.

She concentrated most on the ones that were her and Lyra, when she was alive at least. Oh the agony! Why was she selfish? Why was she greedy? Why was she bratty, and worst of all, why did she take her Lyra for granted? She always thought that Lyra would be there, and never expected it to be one day. The day, of Lyra's death. Bon Bon snapped back to reality.


---
A tear came to Bon Bons eye.

"Yes, my Lyra. I do"

Comments ( 11 )

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAH, IT'S SO BEAUTIFUL! :raritycry:

... Dang. This one was so sad it was hard to read! I mean that in a way of saying "ya dun good". Bravo, bravo. :fluttercry::fluttercry::raritycry::raritycry:

But as she stepped in front of it, Lyras voice, yes, Lyras voice spoke out of the speakers.

You need to add some apostrophes in here mate. Y'know, to show the voice is belonging to Lyra.

But as she stepped in front of it, Lyra's voice, yes, Lyra's voice spoke out of the speakers.

Not bad.

It is, however, quite an overused theme. It was close, but it didn't bring me to tears. It lacked something: emotions, immersion.

You pictured Bon Bon is a greedy brat that didn't love Lyra, only abused her.
My apologies if what I say following this sounds harsh, but do you honestly think that Lyra would stick with Bon Bon when she was as demanding as she was?

Bon Bon did not show, in any way, that she cherished Lyra. She barely showed appreciation for the gifts Lyra brought her.

You have the concept for a good one-shot story, but you lack a convincing relationship between the two characters. The way I saw Lyra & Bon Bon in this fic was like this

Bon Bon - Master
Lyra - Slave

No love, no loving words. Only Lyra bringing stuff to Bon Bon.

^Agreement. Should have been a little more ... influenced plus no real timeline presented so it seems like it could have been months to a year. Bonnie however I try to believe is more selfless than a bratty five year old and if you have ever had that happen to you you just sit there as the one you love berates you and then you go and pick up the stuffed sheep, go home and cry your eyes out. Or at least that is what happened to me.... Hehe got a little into that.

1627321

Okaay thanks! lemme fix that

That was... quick.
I should probably say something deeper, but it's 3 am.

1724288

I was tired when I writ this. It was like 4 am when I finished. ANd I was skyping, which made it worse

:p

Login or register to comment