• Published 16th Nov 2012
  • 1,238 Views, 17 Comments

A New Queen - RainbowStir178



Chysalis is seeking vengence, and when she used a special spell, she ended up in the land of Ooo!

  • ...
4
 17
 1,238

Chapter Four ; New Arrivals

Chapter Four

New Arrivals

Twilight was up the rest of the night studying on the Land of Ooo. She was very disappointed it didn’t go into much depth. “Ugh! This blasted book doesn’t get into much detail!” The purple unicorn exclaimed slamming the book closed.

The baby dragon rubbed his tired eyes, being awake only due to Twilight’s studying and talking to herself. He yawned and began to speak tiredly, “What did it say?”

Twilight sighed a bit. “All it told me was that Ooo was formed after a ’Great Mushroom War’ and all the survivors are mutated in some ways, didn’t explain in what ways. It also mentioned that there are series of princesses that rule their own kingdoms. From my knowledge and studies from studying on wars, it seems to me this ’Mushroom War’ was named after the mushroom clouds that form after an after math of certain explosives. I can only imagine what the people look like there..”

Spike rubbed his eye and then spoke a bit worried yet tired, “Do you think they might not be friendly? I know I would be grouchy if I was mutated into some.. thing.”

Twilight looked about unsurely, “I don’t know, Spike, but I sure they are! … Or at least some..”

“Did you study on any other places?”

Twilight nodded. “Surely! There was one that talked about one that was kind of like ours, except that instead of ponies, griffins, dragons, etc there were these weird creatures with hands and feet and walked on two legs. They were called, ’Humans’. There was a picture, but it was very strange.. But anyway, back to the whole Ooo thing. I am hoping when I get there I will hopefully find a book on their history.” Twilight looked over to see Spike had fallen asleep on the floor after her little rant. She smiled and levitated him with her magic to his little bed and tucked him in. She kissed his forehead and whispered, “Night, Spike..”

Twilight entered the Canterlot Castle. Inside she found Celestia pacing back and forth and Cadance standing to her side watching her. Cadance had her saddlebag sitting next to her. Twilight stood on the other side of the pacing Celestia till Celestia turned her head toward her and straightened herself. “Have you got your things?”

Twilight nodded and Celestia walked toward the doors toward the Canterlot Gardens. Twilight and Cadance followed. Celestia instructed while she walked through the garden into a isolated spot. “Now, Twilight, I am trusting you to make the spell to get back home, for I will not be there.” Celestia used her magic to pull out a book title, “Royal Spells For Equestrian Princesses”, and gave it to Twilight. “I know you have enough power to produce the spell, but you must study it when you get there, since there is no time now.” Celestia stopped and faced the two. “Now, when you get there, your bodies will change, don’t be alarmed it is natural when performing this spell.”

Twilight broke in, “But, Princess Celestia, when reading that book you gave me said something about mirrors the princesses and stuff use to communicate with the others, it also mentioned one can travel through the mirror..”

Celestia nodded. “Yes, but if you travel through the mirrors, your body remains in the same state, this would make your presence too obvious, and besides, I am sure you will find much fun in the body change.” Celestia smiled for the first time since yesterday. Her face returned back to stern. “Now, stand back while I perform the spell.” Celestia’s horn glowed and her face full of concentration and sweat, then a portal appeared. Colors swirled in the oval as some golden sparkles still died down. “Now, you both need to go to the Candy Kingdom and meet with Princess Bonnibel Bubblegum. Now go, and be careful, who knows what effects of the change will have on you and what it had on Chrysalis..”

The girls nodded and entered the portal one by one. The colors of the portal swirled around them, then a flash of light engulfed them both. Their bones, organs, and skin shifted and changed. The both screamed in pain as it echoed throughout the swirling colors of light. The light became brighter and the girls both fell on the ground with a grunt.

Twilight rubbed her head, then screamed and looked at her limb, and screamed again looking herself over.

“What’s wrong Twi- LIGHT!” Cadance screamed as she also looked herself over.

Twilight’s hooves were replaced with long skinny arms and legs, her horn was gone, her mane style remained the same but straighter and instead of all in one piece it was in string-like strands that flowed down to her middle back. She was wearing; a tan, v-neck argyle, long sleeved, sweater; a tan skirt down to her mid-thighs; socks halfway to her knees, and tennis shoes. Her skin was still the light violet like before, plus her horn was also gone, which made her even scream more.

Cadance, like Twilight, her hooves were gone replaced with skinny arms and legs. Her hair was also the same style as well. She was wearing a white ball gown dress with a purple ribbon around the waist with a big, purple bow behind. She had puffed sleeves that had golden glitter swirls on them. The skirt of her dress had a light pink, thin, silk, cloth with the same gold sparkling swirls that emitted from the ribbon and flared to the side and stopped midway down the dress. Cadance still had her crown atop of her head and she also had white silky gloves up to her mid arm. Cadance was calmed down before Twilight, who was still breathing heavily and full of anxiety. “Twilight, Twilight! Calm down it’s okay!” The old foal sitter said hugging her sister-in-law in a hug and shushed her quietly like a mother to her child.

Twilight soon calmed down, she took deep breaths and broke from the hug. “Okay… okay.. It’s fine, everything’s fine!” Twilight suddenly gasped and touched the middle of her stringy bangs. “WHERE’S MY HORN?! How am I supposed to use magic- WHAT IF I CAN’T! Oh no this is HORRIBLE! Celestia never said anything abo-”

Cadance cut her off, putting her finger to Twilight’s lips. “Twilight! Shush! Aunt Celestia said our bodies would change, maybe you can still do magic.. “

“But that’s highly impossible! Without my horn how can I produce magic? YOU CAN’T. No one can!”

Cadace concentrated hard, her eyes shut tight trying to produce some sort of magic. She opened her eyes when she heard Twilight gasp.

“How is that possible!?! You can’t produce magic from your arms! There is no way you could! The energy in your arms and hands could never produce enough to perform magic!”

“Twilight, look, they are! Try it!”

“But- … fine” Twilight grunted and she concentrated her energy like she would with her horn. She felt the rush of energy go to her arms and she looked as she saw the violet aura cover her arms. “HOW!?!” She exclaimed again. She looked around, trying to find something to use her power on. She spotted a nearby rock and focused her energy on it. The rock then lifted with the same aura on Twilight’s arm. It quickly fell as Twilight stopped focusing on her energy and her arms returning normal. “THIS IS- I JUST CAN’T-” Twilight grunted frustrated.

Cadance smiled warmly at her boiling sister-in-law. She let Twilight rant and go on about the theory of magic and how she kept persisting it was impossible.

~~~~~~

Chrysalis was trying to sneak around the kingdom full of mutated candy subjects. She hid quickly behind a wall when she spotted someone different from the rest of candy. This certain, ‘thing’, was more human like. She still had the traits of a candy person, being a light pink and her long, rose pink, hair seeming to be bubblegum due to it looking thick and sticky. She was obviously the princess of this kingdom due to have a golden tiara with a blue gem atop of the long stem in the middle of the crown, and also being a more human hybrid. She was also wearing a dark pink dress with a tight purple belt around the wait and puffed up sleeves at the shoulders. She was pacing back and forth and seemed to be waiting for someone or something.

Chrysalis kept close eye behind the wall. Something tapped her shoulder and she turned quickly around. A giant cupcake with a mustache and huge muscle was leaning the wall giving Chrysalis a flirtatious eye. “Haven’t seen you around here, are you new?” He smirked

Chrysalis didn’t have time for this. She closed her eyes and focused her powers into them. She re-opened her eyes and they were glowing a slime green and the light hit him right in the eyes.

The cupcake man was stunned. His pupil and iris turned green and he began to walk the other way.

Chrysalis smirked watching him go away and focused back on the Princess. She then saw two figures running up the princess. One seemed to have the same kind of body as the princess, but he had a light peach colored skin, wore dark blue shirts, a light blue t-shirt, and some weird white hood of sorts covering his head only revealing his face. The other figure looked like some misshapen, rounded, orange dog with two big inverted black and white eyes above his jowls.

Chrysalis looked closely at the one boy and she thought to herself, “Is this one of those ‘humans’ I’ve heard so much about through my travels..” She listened in closely to the conversation the three were having.

“Princess, Princess! Did the-” The boy said before hushed by the princess.

She began to speak, “Hush, Finn! We can’t let that secret out, remember! I told you it’s secret! You weren’t supposed to speak of anything or saw or heard!”

“Oh,” said the boy, face reddened from embarrassment, “Sorry, but have they?”

She shook her head, “No, I’m afraid not. They should arrive shortly.”

“Well,” the boy named ‘Finn’ began, “Well, until they get here, I will protect you!” He exclaimed and held out his sword and did a heroic pose.

The princess sighed a bit and rolled her eyes, “Oh, Finn, I know you want to protect me and all, but I think when they get here I’ll be fine, silly” She patted his head sweetly and he blushed. The dog seemed to give him a certain look with his eyes and smiled.

Chrysalis smiled to herself and thought, “I think I found the innocent sap I was looking for…”

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“And that’s why it doesn’t nor would it really make any sense.” Twilight stated while walking along the grassy field with Cadance.

Cadance smiled amusingly and nodded. “I see.”

“Now, did Celestia ever say where this, ‘Candy Kingdom’ is?”

Cadance shook her head. “No, I thought that book she gave you would have said where it was.. “

Twilight grunted. “No, it didn’t. Barely told me anything at all! Gah!”

Cadance took a look around the grassy field. “Sure is a nice place though, for having evil greater than ours.. What do you think the people would look like here?”

“I don’t know, the book said the people here were demented due to some great bomb or something…”

After a long walk, the two girls reached an area surrounded by pink, fluffy trees and a giant tree like castle with bubbles floating around, the source of it coming from giant deformed gumball machines sitting around the castle. From the inside it looks as if the people are mutated pieces of candy and that the whole kingdom was made of candy.

Twilight looked around and exclaimed, “I know about mutation and all but, THIS IS JUST RIDICLOUS!”

Cadance brought her hand to her face, knowing that another one of Twilight’s rants are sure to begin…