• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 2,570 Views, 39 Comments

Octavia's Legged Woes. - ponystorylyh



Octavia was invited to the annual Music Festival held in Marelantis...

  • ...
2
 39
 2,570

Chapter 6: Reunion, Rampage, and Avoidance.

Octavia’s Legged Woes
My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.
Original Characters belongs to me.

Chapter 6: Reunion, Rampage, and Avoidance.

"Heh... Hey... Harpie..."

The sight of the newcomer pouncing and then nuzzling Lyra intimately got Bon Bon slightly riled up. As promised, she restrained, kept her cool, and prayed to Celestia that Lyra would provide a proper explanation about this.

"Harpie... if you don't mind..." Lyra sheepishly replied at the nuzzling figure above her.

"Aww... can't your little sis cuddle against you a while longer? Its been years since you left Marelantis." This somewhat affirmed the cream scaled sea pony that this nuzzling sea unicorn was not a rival.

"Lady Harpie!" A voice from behind prompted them to turn, seeing a squad of sea unicorns wielding tridents overlooking the scene before them. Their main concern, however, was the larger Octavia looming above them as she grinned back.

"Ahh...." Harpie quickly got off her sister and rejoined her team, acting all orderly now, "Welcome to Marelantis. If you have the necessary passes please produce them now."

With Bon Bon going over to help Lyra, Octavia decided to do the honours, prompting the guards, as well as their leader's attention, "The passes are with me, just a moment..." With smooth dexterity, the half-octopus opened her saddlebag and retrieve the book where the passes are stuck in between the pages. Using her suckers, all three passes were taken out of the book and displayed it to the gatekeepers, "So, can we enter Marelantis? Or there are other procedures we need to go through..." Octavia wondered whether these sea ponies were curious or afraid of her.

"Say Lyra... Is this your octopus friend written in the circular report? She's huge..." Harpie looked at Octavia with interest as she confirmed the passes to be legit. The half-octopus heard it but took it as a joke and smiled back.

"That's right. I'm not sure what was written in the report, but for your info, she's an land dweller pony turned octopus due to a magic accident." Lyra replied, "By the way, her name is Octavia, and this..." She pulled Bon Bon toward her, "Is my very close friend Bon Bon."

"Please to meet you both." Harpie chimed, "I'm Harpie Heartstrings, in charge of the defence on the South Wall. We were expecting a special guest coming to Marelantis through this gate, but were not expected this 'guest' is a friend of Lyra Heartstrings." Harpie looked at her guards, who were pretty much nervous and excited over the eight legged Octavia, "Ehh... well, the passes are the real deal. Now if you excuse me, I'll head back to the city and 'find a guide'."

"Harpie, can't you guide us instead of looking for one?" Lyra asked with suspicion written over her face.

"I could, but..." Harpie leaned close to Lyra and Bon Bon, "that'll deprive my guards the opportunity to actually 'fought' a 'sea monster'."

"I don't think Octavia would want to..." Lyra shook her head, not noticing Bon Bon already swam up to Octavia and explained the situation to the latter.

"I'm fine with it."

"Wha... what?!" Lyra sputtered as she turned to her musician friend, "A cultured mare like you?"

"As long as they don't mess up my mane or cut off any of my limbs I'm fine... besides, my octopus half has been edgy for the past few hours. I'm sure some 'exercise' would do me good." Octavia gave a mischievous grin as she stretched her limbs.

"Then its settled then. I'll be right back!" Harpie snickered and she swam off back through the gate letting out a sharp whistle, Soon, a sizeable force had gathered, where Lyra face finned.

"Wow... that's alot..." Octavia chuckled hesitantly as she stashed the passes and set aside the saddlebag. Once done, she readied herself, "So...ermm... come at me?" She announced to the guards awaiting their 'attack'.

The army did not overwhelmed her... In fact they 'attacked' in waves as if each group represents individual squads. Octavia could not be bothered as her main objective was to basically knock them down or disable their weapons. She was actually having fun swatting them or just pinning some of them down until they give up.

"I want this disgraceful behaviour to stop immediately!" A authorative tone rang out as a rather regal mint scaled sea unicorn appeared with Harpie in tow in the former's magic aura. He was not wearing any military attire, but a simple formal suit, "Lady Octavia is a distinguished guest, not some training dummy or sea monster. Stand down and return to your posts!" The soldiers all knew who this noble was and they quickly scattered.

"But father, the guys wanted some action and Octavia was nice enough to be their 'adversary'..." Harpie was whining as she struggled to free herself from the noble sea unicorn's magical grasp.

"Until you are relieve from today's duties, you shall address me as Lord String Tie, do you understand me Gate Commander Harpie." The elder sea unicorn cautioned, releasing his magic hold, "Now return to your post and straighten those sea ponies!" Not whining any further, Harpie gave a silent apology to everyone else before heading back to the gate, "Lady Octavia, as head of the Marelantis Tourism Board, I'm deeply ashamed for the conduct displayed." He gave a respectful bow, causing Octavia to fluster.

"Ahh... its really alright Lord String Tie, I'm not offended..." Octavia replied while giving a bow of her own, "Besides, I should thank you for inviting me to visit the fame city of Marelantis."

Lord String Tie gave a hearty laugh, "The pleasure is mine. However, due to your mishap during the conversation process, the Board had been busy in investigating your problem and tightening a few regulations. How are you coping with your form?"

"As you can see, I'm pretty much gotten used to it." Octavia assured the noble sea unicorn, "In fact, this might be a blessing in disguise."

"Oho, this would be interesting. Come! We can talk along the way..." The elder mint pony paused, stopping to looked at Lyra, who returned the stare, "Its been a while Lyra Heartstrings, I hope Equestria had been an exciting place to explore."

"I've been to several cities and towns... Lord String Tie... and I came back this year because my marefriend wanted to know about this fine city." Lyra replied with a neutral tone as Bon Bon looked on with concern.

"Very well... Ahh where was I..." String Tie muttered, "Right, come along you three, we have arrange a residence for the three of you."

"Will you be okay?" Bon Bon asked her marefriend as they watch String Tie lead Octavia on, "Both of you were very tense when speaking..."

"If he's not acknowledging, I'm not going to persue him for it..." Lyra just shrugged.

"Maybe he's waiting for you to tell him?"

"He's just stubborn..."

Bon Bon sighed and decided to let it go for the moment. She will have to wait for a better time to raise this up again.


"What do you think of Marelantis so far Lady Octavia?" String Tie asked as they went down a main street of the city.

"Honestly speaking, the streets are wide, clean, and well lit. Buildings are well organized and uniformly designed. Its comparable to Manehatten if you ask me." Octavia commented, "And please Sir, just call me Octavia. I'm just another regular guest to your fabulous city."

The south side of the city had been assigned as the main tranquil zone during the music festival. This area was where most ponies who wished to rest their tired eyes and ears away from the lights and music. Light music was allowed to be played in this zone, but only loud enough for personal enjoyment.

"Well said my dear. Our collaboration with Equestria had helped Marelantis in its recontruction to go very smoothly. Previously, buildings were just built without any care or concern and roads were paved out, not planned. With all the rebuilding done, sea ponies received a better living lifestyle and they don't feel as constraint as before."

Octavia nodded in agreement, "But, why don't I see sea ponies on the streets? I'm sure even in this area, ponies should be out with friends discussing about the music they had heard or the musicians attending the festival..." She noted that the locals were peeking through their window as if her presence spooked them.

"Having an octopus within the city is a first. If you have known, octopuses are sea ponies' predators, thus there's still the fear, even if you are just half of the real thing." String Tie commented as they round the bend of the road, "Ahh here we are, this is where you and your friends will be staying."

If Twilight Sparkle's tree house is a unique building, this underwater building can be equally related to; Its made out of several huge dome shaped corals, which glittered with a hue of ivory and purple. On entering the door, the guests could see that its been hollowed out and rooms filled with furnitures made of seashells and corals.

"its... its spacious!" Bon Bon squealed in delight as she swam thru and fro the rooms. Octavia was just speechless, it could not be compared with her apartment in Canterlot.

"We... we can't accept this Lord String Tie... this is too much..." Octavia stammered but the noblepony shook his head and replied, "You cannot expect us to provide you a sea pony residence. Besides, we still need to compensate you for the inconveniences caused." He paused, taking a glance at Lyra, who was watching her marefriend bouncing around the residence, "Well then, I suppose I shall take my leave. If you need any other requests or services, I have sea ponies on standby. Just give them a call with the crystal ball on the table."

"Thank you Sir. I hope to see you at one of the concerts and such." Octavia gave a nod of appreciation.

"I'll be looking forward to your cello plays Octavia." With a light chuckle, he left the trio to settle down.

Comments ( 7 )

833325 Nope, no H stuff here. Never judge the story just by its picture. Thanks.

833325
:moustache: Hey Twilight, Pinkie wants me to help at sugarcubecorner
:twilightblush: I need you to send a letter to Celestia
:moustache: C'mon Twilight........
...
...

DOCTOR OCTAVIA-GONA-PUS!!!!!!! BWWWWWAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!

833325
You mean her ending up with her tentacles in a knot? Already happened.

CDR

ponystorylyh ... I will be blunt. Your grammer is deserving of time in prison for the magnitude of its heresy. Seriously. Get. An. Editor.

Biggest issue aside, the main idea behind the story is awesome, and the side story is just full of fun. Its more or less obvious, (to me at least), just who Lyra's father is. Though what would be really fun to see is if Vinyl found her way down there. Oh ho ho ho, (damnit mind get your uncultured ass back here!).

More. MORE. MOAR!!!

843186 I'll try to get one... apologies since English is not my main language. :applecry:

CDR

843657
Ah, that would explain it then.

Login or register to comment