• Published 6th Feb 2012
  • 2,570 Views, 39 Comments

Octavia's Legged Woes. - ponystorylyh



Octavia was invited to the annual Music Festival held in Marelantis...

  • ...
2
 39
 2,570

Chapter 4: Entanglements and Knowings.

Octavia’s Legged Woes
My Little Ponies: Friendship is Magic belongs to Hasbro and Lauren Faust.
Original Characters belongs to me.

Chapter 4: Entanglements and Knowings.

"Those two are certainly taking their time..." Lyra muttered as she went through the book she had, telekinetic-ally flipping the pages. The mint unicorn sea pony had been waiting for quite a while at the ocean floor clearing. Earlier Lyra had recommended her accidental transformed half-octopus musician friend, Octavia to orientate her new limbs and make her way to the clearing. She also left her marefriend, Bon Bon behind to assist Octavia, while she headed up to the surface to settle some matters. "I guess I should go check on them..." Lyra sighed, placing the book down on the stone bench she was sitting on, and made her way to the house, assuming that her musician friend got 'tied up' again...

"Its too tight... ahh... wrong limb!"

"I need to get it out first... hold on..."

"No! You are making it worse... ohh..."

Lyra's ears perked on hearing the two familiar voices within the house as she weaved towards the door...

"Stop sucking! It tickles..."

"I'm trying not to... octopus senses telling me otherwise..."

"Ugh... misbehaving tentacles... bad octopus!"

The mint unicorn sea pony shuddered as her mind ran rampant from the comments and moans, "What the buck are those two doing?!" Flustered, she dashed into the house, "What in Celestia's mane are you both... ohh..." Lyra's first assumption was right; Octavia got herself tied up, but somehow Bon Bon was caught in the mess as well. Still the way they were 'tied up' was rather 'interesting'.

"Don't just float there Lyra Heartstrings! Get us out of this... 'mess'..." Bon Bon cried out as she continued to struggle against the shifting limbs around her, "Wrong limb again Octavia!" The cream sea pony cringed as the limb around her tightened, "Stop... too... tight..."

"I... I'm sorry Bon... but I just don't know what went wrong..." Octavia groaned and struggled, trying her best to 'feel' her way around. From her position, Octavia had difficulty in seeing which limbs she had shifted. However she managed to loosen the limb which was squeezing Bon Bon, "Lyra, we really, really need some assistance..."

Lyra would had facefinned for being foalish on thinking of the 'worst possible thing' happening between the 'tied up' duo if her fins were long enough. "Ugh... all right... I'm coming..." The mint sea pony shook her head, sweeping aside those thoughts and swam over to the duo, examining the knots. Satisfied with what she had examined, solution already thought out, Lyra's horn glowed as she activated her telekinesis, its formless bluish aura flowed towards one of Octavia's limbs and prodded it. "This is how it goes. Octavia, you need to loosen this limb. Once done, suppress your octopus instincts and release your suckers sticking to Bon Bon. Now Bon Bon, once Octavia's suckers got off you, slowly free yourself. We don't want to further agitate our half-octapus friend's predatory instincts." Lyra grinned, receiving a glare from Octavia.

The duo understood the instructions given and began their work to freedom. Octavia suppressed her instincts, loosening the supposed limb and releasing her hold onto Bon Bon. The really hard part as explained earlier by Lyra; As the cream sea pony slowly wiggle her way to safety, the half-octopus had to continuously tell herself that Bon Bon was not food.

"That's good Bon, almost there." Lyra nodded, "Octavia, take note, once Bon gets free, keep holding your instincts from grabbing her. Closing your eyes might help you... I think?"

"Seems like our professional is unsure..." Octavia glared at the mint sea pony. She was starting to shake as her resistance was wearing, "Bon Bon... do hurry..."

"Well, having an half-pony, half-octopus friend is a first... And yes BB, you need to 'rush' a little, we don't want her limbs to start emptying your stomach contents."

Bon Bon managed to get out of her predicament; As soon as she got a distance away with Lyra, Octavia squeaked as her limbs flailed about, instincts grabbing anything and everything as it has lost its prey. By the time it was over, the many limbed musician had gotten hold of chair legs, books, wooden planks from the bookshelf, and many other items hoarded under her.

"Octavia... you seriously need to keep your instincts in check..." Lyra replied as she and Bon Bon carefully made their way to Octavia's side, "Whoa... that's quite a 'hoard' you got there." Both sea ponies chuckled, causing the half octopus to blush.

"Ohh hush! Its not easy handling twice the number of limbs." Octavia snorted rather comically as bubbles blew out from her nose, causing her to blush even further tint of blue-ish red, "Ugh! I'm going out to clear my head. Meet you girls at the clearing." Not really thinking much, the half-octopus propelled herself across the room and exited the house, smoothly swung to the direction of the clearing.

"I think I understand why Vinyl likes her... She's rather cute when annoyed. Lyra nodded grinning, then quickly hugging Bon Bon before she could voice out, "I still prefer my pout-y Bon Bon." The now confused and embarrassed sea pony swatted her marefriend and swam off after Octavia, leaving the giggling mint sea pony unicorn behind.


Lyra sighted the duo at the clearing; Octavia was picking up rocks with her limbs and tossing them about, while Bon Bon was reading the book the mint sea pony had left on the stone bench when she went off to look for them.

"Fascinating..." Octavia commented as a limb stretched out and grabbed a rock she had randomly thrown from another limb, "As much a having the same gravity underwater, the water density created drags on objects, slowing them down as they moved through the 'air'..."

Chuckling, Lyra nodded, "I'm surprised you know so much my friend... shall we move on to other more important topic as in 'How are you coping with them tentacles?'"

"Err... yes... well..." The half-octopus blushed and stopped whatever she was doing at the moment, "They are behaving well... as long I don't forced them to work with specific limbs... say for example," She picked up a rock with an appendage, "When I pick up this rock, it was natural for the limb 'number three' closest to it to do so. And when I toss it," Octavia tossed the rock over her head, where another appendage stretched out to grab it, "limb 'number eight' goes to catch it without telling it specifically to do so." She replied with confidence, crossing her front limbs across her chest.

"But you do need specific limbs to play music instruments, don't you?" Bon Bon's voice echoed from the side as she flipped a page of the book, "Imagine your limbs start playing the harp without even getting the music right..."

That comment deflated the grey musician morale as her ears drooped, but it quickly perked up, "That remains to be seen!" Octavia announced, "I'm not called a earth pony music prodigy for nothing! These limbs will play any instruments that come in my way. I may be able to play two instruments at the same time if my mind can keep up!"

"I'm really glad you are coping well with the change, both mind and body. That makes you already eligible to access Marelantis." Lyra commended, "Now we need to confirm your access as well as the progress of the investigation, that's where Sea Mint comes in..." She looked about, not sighting the emerald sea pony anywhere, "While we wait, let me go over to see what's with Bon Bon while you... continue tossing rocks..." Lyra nimbly dodge a tentacle swat and swam toward her marefriend, whom immediately turned away, ignoring the mint sea pony unicorn as she continued reading the book.

"What's the matter BB? You were being a wet blanket just now..." Lyra sighed, "Something or somepony affected your mood?"

"Not something... somepony..." Bon Bon turned around and looked at Lyra in the eyes, "You have been giving me mixed signals for almost half a day. I really want my laid back Lyra back, not some confusing, stressed up sea pony."

Lyra shook her head, sighing out again, "That's why I never want to come back here in the first place... it's just so happened somepony had to open up a letter addressed to me without my permission..."

"I've always been opening up letters for you!" Bon Bon huffed, "It's just so happened that the letter stated 'all expense paid trip to Marelantis'." She replied sarcastically, "Who would want to miss the chance of a lifetime?!"

For a moment both of them continued to stare at one another, when Lyra finally yield to the contest, "There are... reasons..." She replied glumly as she looked down, ear drooped, "not many... fond memories..." The mint sea pony unicorn looked back at Bon Bon, "I really hope you can understand and bear with me while I sort things out..."

Bon Bon was at a loss for words. Still, it did not stop her from hugging her marefriend, "I...I'll try... and I'm sorry for being insensitive..."

"Aww... don't they look cute together?" A voice rang out, followed by another, "At least they know when to stop before things get out of hooves." Both sea ponies broke their hug and turned to looked at Octavia, then to Sea Mint, who was grinning before coughing aloud, "I've updated Octavia that she's allowed access to Marelantis. Also, special arrangements are being prepared to accommodate her. Notices are already sent down to the city, notifying all citizens on the arrival of our special guest."

"I'm terribly sorry for the inconveniences caused..." The grey half-octopus mare replied.

"We should be the ones apologising for the inconveniences caused to you Octavia." Sea Mint assured, "Then in regards to your deviated sea-ponification, we have narrowed down to the sea pony unicorn who imbued the gem. The establishment will investigate the issue and will give you a satisfactory answer once we get any further updates." Swimming over to Lyra, Sea Mint finned the passes to the latter, who took note and replied, "Uhh, Sea Mint... I suppose to receive three passes, not two..."

"Its for both of them, you don't need one as you are and always be... a citizen of Marelantis." With that, Sea Mint gave Lyra a hug of her own.

"Welcome Back!"


Author's Note: Managed with much difficulty. R&R Thanks!