• Published 5th Mar 2013
  • 9,135 Views, 3,240 Comments

My Little Caboose II: Friendship is Fragmented! - DarkWing



Church, finally freed from his stone prison after a month of having Discord trapped in his mind along with him, must readjust to the pony world with nothing but twisted memories, as well a group of equally twisted friends.

  • ...
32
 3,240
 9,135

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 47 - "Covering Up the Truth"

Tex soon arrived at Sweet Apple Acres, completely disinterested with what Gary and O'Malley were up to, instead focusing on her plans to try and fit in more. Things were finally starting to look up.

"Tex, wait up," Church called out as Tex walked through the gate, trotting her with Spike holding onto his neck.

"What are you doing here?" Tex inquired as the pair stopped next to her.

"Church wanted to talk to you about something, then Twilight told us you wanted to talk to me," Spike explained simply.

"Yeah, I did, but I didn't really want Church to hear it. It's really more of a private conversation. Well, for now, at least."

"...Why do I have a bad feeling about what you want to tell Spike?" Church asked, then shook his head. "Never mind, you won't tell me anyways. Listen, I wanted to talk to you about Twilight. She wants to help with my head, but I don't want her going in there. I think that she might try to sort through my more recent memories, and I don't want her poking around in there."

"Why not?"

"Because I..." he said, pausing for a split second. "I don't want her to go crazy in there, you know? I'm worried that if she tries to untwist my memories, hers will get messed up back. Discord could have rigged them like that, right? I mean, yeah, he probably rigged them."

"That's the reason?" Tex asked with a raised brow, knowing what he was really thinking. What he didn't want Twilight to find out. "Are you sure there is nothing else?"

"Yes, Tex, that is the reason," Church said firmly, practically reading her thoughts. "If she goes in there, things will happen that I don't want happening. Things could change very quickly, and not for the better."

"What does that have to do with us?" Spike asked curiously.

"I think that she's going to try and be a good friend. I want you guys to stop her from doing that. If you think that she's going to try and get into my head, I want you guys to distract her from doing it. Think you can do that?"

"If you think you can handle it on your own, I'm up for it. To protect Twilight," Spike said with a nod.

"How about you, Tex?" Church asked.

"Your memories were already messed up enough as is when she went in there the first time, so Discord's fucking around in your head probably hasn't changed that much. The only reason she had to back out before was because of Eta and Iota, so I think she could hold her own in your head since they're not there anymore," Tex said.

"Tex," Church began, then stopped himself, not wanting Spike to know about what was really going on.

"You know, I'm sort of going to be busy dealing with my own life. Even though I want you to be a part of my life, I have my own problems to deal with. Tell you what, I'll back you up with telling her the risks, but I'm not going to stop her from doing it. Sound fair?" she asked. "That is, unless you're hiding something from her?"

Church opened his mouth, but shut it, knowing he was trapped. If he agreed, he knew that he would risk Twilight finding out about Discord's true fate. That would mean going around, trying to do the right thing for who knows how long. If he shot her help down, however, Spike might think that he really was hiding something, which would only raise suspicion, as well as more questions. For him, it was a lose-lose situation. Before Church could answer, an explosion erupted from behind the barn and a large object flung into the air, trailed by a thick cloud of smoke. Tex squinted at the object to try to figure out what it was. Then the object arched back down and began to head straight for Church.

"Son of a bitch!" Church yelled as Tex tackled him and Spike out of the way, the large projectile just barely missing them. "What the hell was that?"

Snapping to her feet, Tex began trotting towards the small crater in the ground to investigate into it. As she reached it, however, a bald stallion quickly began to clamber out.

"O'Malley," Tex grunted, stopping him from getting out as Spike and Church walked over to her. "What the hell did you just do?"

"That is none of your concern," O'Malley insisted, wiping some soot off of his face. "I am simply running some minor experiments that will most certainly help the ponies of this world in the long run."

"Well, I don't believe that for a second," she said instantly.

"What in tarnation just happened?" Applejack asked as she ran out the front door of the farmhouse. Seeing the sightly smoking O'Malley, she trotted up to them. "Let me guess. Didja have somethin' t' do with that loud noise, O'Malley?"

"No, I had absolutely nothing to do with anything that may be behind the farm," O'Malley grunted, then paused.

"Aright, so that means ya did. That also means that Ah should probably check it out," Applejack sighed, turning around. "Nearly scared the cutie mark offa my flank with that..."

"You don't need to check anything out. Nothing out of the ordinary that risks the well-being of others is hidden behind there!" O'Malley snapped, running ahead of her to presumably cover up whatever he was doing.

"Ya know, he'd be a tad more believable if he wasn't just comin' outta a crater after an explosion..." she chuckled, as he disappeared behind the barn. Pausing, she glanced back at Tex and the others. "Er, Ah suppose y'all are here t' talk t' me, but do ya think t'all can wait for a tad while I deal with this? Shouldn't take too long."

"I need to talk to you about this sort of thing anyway," Tex said, then glanced back at Twilight's young assistant. "Come on, Spike. I need to talk to you too."

"What about me?" Church asked quietly as Spike joined her.

"I told you that I'd talk to Twilight. That's as much as you're getting from me," Tex said sternly. "I only want you to get better, and so does she. You know you can't hide from it."

Church squinted at her, then turned around and began to walk away, leaving Spike and Tex to deal with Applejack's O'Malley problem.

"What was that about?" Applejack asked as Tex and Spike began to walk towards the barn.

"Don't worry about it. It's just Church being... Church," Tex sighed. She wanted to do the right thing and track down Discord, but for some reason felt that it had to be Church that told them, be it willingly or subconsciously. Shaking her head clear of the Church situation, she smiled thinly at Applejack. "Besides, you should be worrying about O'Malley possibly blowing up a part of your farm."

"Good point," Applejack said, quickening her pace to find out what O'Malley was hiding.

Spike quickly followed Applejack, but Tex paused and glanced back, watching as Church waked down the path back to Ponyville. She let out a sigh and shook her head, then quickly joined Applejack and Spike.

PreviousChapters Next