• Published 2nd Nov 2012
  • 1,206 Views, 9 Comments

The Apple Diary - VampWolf



Why does Applejack not talk about her parents? And why does it make her cry? First time story

  • ...
2
 9
 1,206

The Apple Diary

“AJ you need to do this!” A purple unicorn said.

“Twilight stop that’s not necessary.” Now ah don’t wantcha inside my head you hear?” Applejack replied.

“But Princess Celestia said that this would be a good way to strengthen our friendship!”

“By what invading my privacy? You don’t need to know what I’m scared of alright!?”

“Is it that bad?”

“Well… umm… I don’t wanna talk bout it.”

“Here take this.”

“What is it?”

“It’s a diary. When you can’t talk about it, write about it.”

“Are you serious?”

“Just try it.”

“Fine but I’m going to my place. By mahself”

_________________________________________________________________________________________

Dear Diary,
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Can’t believe I’m actually doing this. This better work twilight”
_________________________________________________________________________________________


‘Today Marks the 6th year anniversary of mah parents death. I can’t believe that this whole time, ah never thought about this. Twilight says that sometimes the best way to rid yourself of fear is to tell someone so diary you’re lucky number one.

It all started 8 years ago when I was just a little filly. It was just like any other day, me and Big Mac were out buckin apples like always. This hat that I wear now used to be Big Mac’s. I used to sneak into his room and try it on for mah self. Of course he’d be waitin at the door smiling and tellin me that it’s just a bit too big fer me. My Brother was probably the only one that truly understood me at that time.

We were bringin that day’s harvest when one of them fancy folk come strollin into the farm and headed straight for ma and pa. I couldn’t understand what they were sayin but I could see fear in my pa’s eyes. He usually had a big goofy grin on his face but not this time. As the fancy folk left I looked towards my pa and he had the look of a whipped donkey. I trotted over to ask him what was botherin him but he just went inside the barn without even a glance towards me.

Me bein how young I was hadn’t even considered the possibilities and kept on doin what I always did. Buck apples.

I was Storin some apples for the cider later that night when the fancy folk came back.

“Can I help you?” I asked.

“Yes dear you can. Umm how old are you?”

“Why I reckon I’m bout 12 years why?”

The one that I was talkin to was a large stallion about 18 apples tall.

He just stared at me for what seemed like eternity when he finally spoke. I thought my heart was gunna rip right out of mah chest. Ma and Pa were gunna lose the farm?

Finally I spoke up “Is there anything I can do?” I asked.

He looked at me with those eyes… I shuddered in fright.

“Well there is one thing. My bar has been lacking in pretty young mares and you fit the bill perfectly. If you work for me I will spare this little trash hole you call a farm.” He said with disgust lingering in his tone.

I just stood there with a dumbstruck look on my face. A bar! Ma and Pa always told me to stay away from places like that but if that’s the only way…

“Can I think about it?” I asked.

“You have one night,” he replied.

“I will give you till noon tomorrow. If you so choose meet me at the train station tomorrow”

With that he walked away with, what I thought, was a hint of smugness. I had a lot to think about.
_________________________________________________________________________________________

“Well would you look at that it’s already night outside guess I can finish this tomorrow.

Then again I had better finish while it’s still fresh in mah mind.”
_________________________________________________________________________________________

I usually slept inside the house but tonight was important. There was a special place in the barn rafters were I liked to sleep when I finished bucking apples. Tonight I was going to use it for thinkin.

I laid there for what seemed like hours when I heard a creek from the barn door. It was Ma, Pa, and Granny Smith. I wondered what they were doin up at this late hour.

“Oh sweetie what are we goin to do?” ma said. Now ma was a very cheerful sort and the sound of sadness in her voice brought me out of whatever sleep I thought I was goin to have.

“Now sugar cube, we can’t let little Applejack now what’s goin on. She is much too young to handle a situation like this.” Pa said. My pa used to always call my ma sugar cube. Big Mac said it was to show his affection for her.

“But sweetie the farm is goin to be taken away if we can’t find a way to pay that stallion,” said Ma.

“Now sugar cube we can’t worry about this now. All we can do is hope for the best and keep giving AJ and Big Mac happy
lives even if we have to do without for a while,” said Pa.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

I can’t start cryin now I gotta finish this.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

“Now listen here missy. My son here has been through more hard times than there is apples in this orchard and he aint
bout to quit now. Now you dry those eyes ah yurs and let’s go inside and go to bed,” granny smith said.

With that said granny smith and ma left towards the house. I was just bout to go back inside when I heard pa start talkin to himself.

“Thanks for the kind words ma but not this time. We over three thousand bits in debt with that stallion. And apple sales have been down for months. Winter’s comin soon and we won’t have enough to feed our family if we don’t sell now. Ah’m sorry Applejack, Big Mac. “

I could clearly see a tear run down mah pa’s face and that tore it right there. I snuck back inside and gathered up all that I had. I had about 10 bits saved up and my red scarf that granny smith made for me last winter. I went down into the kitchen and grabbed a few apples to take with me. I wrapped everything in my scarf and placed them inside a saddle that Big Mac had made for me so I could carry more apples. In the other pouch I put a picture of ma family inside. One last thing to do before I leave. I quickly wrote down a small letter for mah family to read, and then I set off towards the train station.

It was just about sunrise when I arrived at the station and I could see that stupid stallion standing grinning at me as if he had just won the equestrian rodeo for the first time.

“Well I see you decided to come along,” he said almost happily.

“Yep. Now you’ll keep yur promise bout mah parents farm right?” I asked.

“But of course my dear. I’m a stallion of my word and I would never lie to such a young filly for such an unjust cause. Now onto the train my dear we shall be departing shortly.”
____________________________________________________________________________________________

Ok this is comin along well. I think I’ll just take a small …zzzzzz

Knock knock

“Applejack? Are you awake?”

“Come on now git your tail outta bed. Twilight said something bout reminding you bout your diary or something.”

Applejack sat up looking around in a daze.

“Big Mac, i-i-I’m awake. Now what’s this about a diar?…”

She looks toward her desk with horror only to see the book still as she had left it last night, closed.

Well I suppose I should get started back at where I left off.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

We arrived in Manehattan about the late afternoon. As I stepped off the train I was dumbstruck with awe at the size and fanciness of the big city. There was at least 300 acres worth of ponies, (considering how many apples are in 300 acres), walking around with fancy suits on.

“Come young Applejack we mustn’t be late for you coronation,”

“Coronation? What in tarnation is that?”

“Well Applejack it’s sort of a celebration of sorts. A party for your arrival if you will.”

“Oh ok I get it.”

Mr. and Mrs. Cake used to throw birthday parties for the other fillies and colts in PonyVille before Pinkie Pie arrived there. So due to my imagination I thought it was going to be like a welcome party. I was dead wrong and I mean deader than a haystack in the winter time wrong.

We arrived at a bar in downtown Manehattan. It was a large enough bar with big flashy lights, a red carpet, and there was a big burly pony that was blockin the door.

“Please follow me AJ.”

The only people that ever called me AJ was my family and friends but I let it slide since he was helping my family stay on their farm. We walked around to the back of the building and entered through a door that said Private Entry.

“Umm mister shouldn’t we go in through the front door? And this door says private entry, isn’t that illegal?”

“No my dear. You see since I own the place there should be no worries about there being any legal problems.”

Well I trusted him for the moment cuz it made some sense. I followed him through the back door and into a dark room of some sort. I couldn’t quite make out what was in here but I could hear voices so I assumed that we were in the employee area. We walked through this room into another dimly lit room. Laid on a chair in the middle of the room was a skimpy outfit. In other words a short skirt and a revealing top. But ponies don’t usually were clothes do they? Since I was just a young filly I didn’t think much of it at the time.

“Excuse me AJ but can you smell this for me?” the fancy stallion asked me.

“What fer?”

“Well I’m going out tonight and I just bought this new perfume and I have a horrible sense of smell. Could you test it for me?”

“I reckon it couldn’t hurt.”

He sprayed a huge amount of “perfume” into my face and I gagged.

“Why sir that is the most foul s-s-smellin… stuff… “

The last thing I remember from that moment was the strange look that stallion had on his face right before I passed out.
________________________________________________________________________________________________

I remember waking up with a splitting headache. I was in a small room that didn’t register as familiar. I looked around the room to see other ponies just sitting in silence with the grimmest expressions on their faces. When I tried to stand there were two things that caught my attention. The jangling underneath me and it felt as if something was weighing me down. I craned my neck to look behind me and was shocked to see that I was wearing that skimpy outfit that was on the chair.

CLANK

I then looked down in horror to see a chain strapped to my hoof. I looked towards the other ponies’ hoping for some explanation but I found none as they too had chains around their hooves.

I just sat there for what seemed like hours just crying when ‘HE’ walked in.

“Well hello AJ. How do you like your new accommodations?” He just walked around me examining me like some newborn
hog.

“Seems the dress fits you rather nicely, wouldn’t you say?” he said gleefully.

“What in tarnashin is goin on here? You said I would be working at your bar not chained down to the floor like some angry dog. You said … this was for mah family.” Just saying those words nearly made me break into tears.

“Oh but you are AJ. In fact you’re in the bar right now; you see we have a secret backroom for our “Special” guests. Let’s just say you’ll earn your keep if you do a good job,” he whispered in my ear.

I tried to lash out at him only to be knocked to the ground. I sat there angry as a hornet as he just strolled out the door as if nothing happened. As the door shut behind him the room was thrown into darkness.

I laid there on the gold floor whimpering and trying to think of a reason why this was happenin to me. I hadn’t done anything wrong have I? Well I did used to lie about snatching Granny Smith’s apple pies. And there was the time I poured maple syrup all over Big Mac’s bed and I blamed it on cousin Braeburn. And there was the time I….

These were the only thoughts goin through my head at that point. All I could think about was all the bad stuff I had done to my family and how they were probably better off without me. Naturally I was just feelin sad and lonely and didn’t know what to do but, I was just a lil filly back then so it kinda hit me hard but in the wrong way.

In the distance I could hear the chains rattling from the other ponies. I looked up and saw them trying to fix themselves up as best they could and some put on a great big smile that I knew was faker than Braeburn’s imaginary friend. I tried asking them why they were doin this but I was ignored and they kept on doin what they was doin. I just sat there with what I think was a stupid expression on my face as I watched the other ponies try to make themselves presentable.

The door flew open and a bunch of stallions and some mares came walking in. Right behind them was the dirty rotten bar owner.

“What’s goin on?” I asked.

“The job that you have been assigned my dear. You see these special guests pay money to get some special time with the
ponies’ of their choosing. You’re a lucky one though AJ. You won’t be one of the regular ponies,” He said

He pushed me down with his hoof and whispered in my ear “Because you’re going to be all mine.”

I didn’t try to move. I can’t remember if it was because his hoof was on my neck or because I was just too shocked to even
function right.
________________________________________________________________________________________

Phew, I think all this writing is givin me neck cramps. I wish I had magic like twilight. Writing with your mouth is literally a pain in the neck.

I think I’m almost finished, and you know what Twilight was right. This diary thing is making me feel a whole lot better. Guess I’ll have to thank her when ah’m finished. Well back to work then.
________________________________________________________________________________________

For six years I was beaten, molested, drugged, tortured, and a personal maidservant to Mr. Bar Owner himself. He had
taken everything away from me during this time. My dignity, pride, self-esteem, and any hope of getting away alive. The only things that I still had with me were my red scarf and my virginity. The owner didn’t see fit to rape me because I was too little. He had tried many times when he was drunk and raving mad but when I tried to stop him he beat me to a bloody pulp. My scar I had hidden underneath his mattress because he never did anything that I could have done for him instead.

I was now eighteen. I was officially of age to bear young foals. The thought scared the hay outta me. Thankfully on a night he was drunk much past his limits, I was able to fool him into believing that my eighteenth birthday was still months away. At this point lying was the only way I was staying alive.

Weeks went by that turned into months and I wasn’t sure just how much longer I could hold out. Then one day when the owner was bringing in the “Special” guests I had caught a glimpse of the room outside. I had been outside before and I knew what the bar had looked like but this time was different. I caught the quickest glimpse of red fur surrounding a half apple cutie mark. BIG MAC. I knew it had to be Big Mac. I wanted to scream as loud as I could for him but I couldn’t find the
strength to do so. I was so ashamed at my weakness that I hung my head but there was now a small glimmer of hope that
was now burning inside me.

Three days passed and I had come up with a plan to escape. I waited till nightfall when he would come back drunk as hay. Sure enough as if clockwork he came strollin through the door with a half glaze look on his face. He plopped down on the bed with such force that the bed nearly fell under the impact.

This is my chance! I thought. I quickly went over to where he had his personal bar and made a drink for him and spiked it with some pills that I had found lying on the floor.

I knew what I had to do at this point. I sidled up to his bedside and placed a hoof on stomach. I slowly started to rub his stomach, making small circles with my hoof. I could hear him moan softly. He turned his head and looked at me.

“What’s the occasion?” he asked.

“Well sir you haven’t exactly showed me a proper good time if you know what I mean.”

He looked towards me with a hungry look in his eyes. He was about an apple’s length away from my face and I could smell the cheap alcohols on his breath in which I nearly gagged. I had to make my move.

“Now hold on there you strong sexy stallion,” YUCK! “I want you all lubed up before we start this so I made you a drink.”

“Thank you AJ.” He downed the drink in a single gulp.

“And now for the main course.” He said as he started towards me.

My only thought was for the pills to hurry up and take effect but apparently there was no rush. He kept inching closer and closer towards me and with every step he seemed to become more sober. He now had a sadistic look in his eyes. As he got close enough as he wanted to be he pushed me onto his bed with a force that knocked the wind outta me. All I could do was stare into his dark sinister eyes as I lay there praying for some higher god to answer my plea and save me. He was now on top of me rubbing up against me and when I thought all was lost he collapsed next to me.

I let out a huge sigh of relief. I stumbled trying to stand up. I was still a bit shaky from the whole incident itself. After taking a moment to regain my composure I reached into his the pocket of his suite and took out the key to the chains that were around my hoofs. There was a satisfying click as the shackles hit the floor with a thud. Oh mah stars! That was the best feelin in mah life when those dumb chains came off. I stretched out as far as I could and tested my legs a bit. This feeling was wonderful. I had taken a bit too much time to enjoy bein free though.

I heard hoof steps behind me and froze. My head whipped around behind me only to see the blade of a knife come slicing down through my backside. I didn’t really feel the pain but I could feel the blood trickling down my fur.

“AJ, AJ, AJ. You didn’t think you could escape now did you? Look at what you made me do your lovely orange coat, it’s now red what a shame.”

I couldn’t speak. I just stood there gasping for breath as I felt my blood trickle down my fur.

“What’s wrong I thought you liked living here?” He had a maniacal look in his eye’s that scared the living tar outta me.

All I could do was glare back up at him. He slashed at my face with the knife that he held between his teeth.

“Come now AJ, you shouldn’t look at me with those eyes. Those eyes. THOSE DAMNED EYE’S.”

He started slashing wildly at me and I fled into a corner where he stood over me with the knife dangling from his mouth with blood dripping from the blade.

“I’m sorry AJ but your time is up.”

I couldn’t help the stupid “huh?” that escaped my lips.

“You’ve already managed to ruin your pretty coat and you’re all scratched up so there is no more use for you anymore.”

He brought the knife down once again this time aiming for my neck. By some internal instinct I bucked him with all the energy I could muster and sent him flying straight through the wall into the next room. I looked at my hooves amazed at the strength I had. My only explanation was that everything I had endured had made me stronger, much stronger. It was time to put that to the test. I went to the bed and grabbed my red scarf and managed to tie it around the gash in my back. I threw down the stupid clothes he had made me wear and started towards the door. I had barely walked out when I hear the zipping of the blade come down right where I was a few seconds ago. I could see bits of my hair floating in the wind, all the while the owner just stood there staring at me with an insane gleam in his eyes. I quickly turned around and fled as fast as I could go in whatever way was farthest from that Celestia forsaken bar.

I just kept running and running and running until finally I found a small place that I thought was far enough away that I knew I would be safe. I had run for a long while and had to get some rest. I walked for about an hour or so until I came upon an orchard of apple trees. Seeing the apples reminded me of my ma and pa and Mac and I burst into tears. This was the first time in six years that I truly felt happy. I fell asleep underneath the biggest apple tree I could find and that night I dreamt of Granny Smith’s sweet apple pie.

I woke up to the sound of wind blowin through the trees. At first I thought I was dreaming but a sharp pain in my back told me that today and last night was no dream. I almost wouldn’t mind if I lost all memories from the past six years. I shuddered as the thought of The Bar owner wielding that butcher knife at my face passed through my mind. I could still feel his eyes glowering at me as I raced through the night.

But I quickly discarded those thoughts as my stomach growled reminding me to eat. I walked around for a while looking for a tree with low enough branches that I could reach the apples. I finally found the tree I was looking for near a small creek. What luck! I could have food and a drink with no problem whatsoever. I trotted slowly over to the creek and unraveled the scarf that I had tied around me. The blood was now dry but the stain was still there as clear as day. I went into the creek to wash up and clean off all the blood that was left. I then decided to wash my scarf as well.

The feeling of the water rushing across my skin was almost unbearable. I couldn’t remember the last time I had felt this carefree and happy and just free in general.

After I had washed up I went over the apple tree and hung my scarf onto a low branch. Then I looked for the biggest juiciest apple I could find. At the top of the tree was the most gorgeous red apple I have ever seen. Testing my legs I did a few hops about to make sure that I could still jump. After satisfying myself I made a running leap for the branch that my scarf was hanging on. I almost overshot it but I caught my balance just in time. I jumped from branch to branch until I reached the apple that I was looking for. The only problem was that the last branch that I jumped to was a really thin branch and, SNAP, It broke and I fell.

It took me a lil while before I could stand. I was still amazed that I hadn’t broken anything when I fell. But after checking mahself I became real angry at that stupid apple for bein so high up that I went a lil crazy. I figure it was still some lingering effects from bein the slave of the bar owner for so long. You know pent up frustration and such. Regardless I felt the need to kick something, anything just to relieve so stress and the nearest thing was that tree. So I buck that tree at least 10 times before I was satisfied. I collapsed near the base of the tree from exhaustion when a lil voice sounded off in mah head.

“Wow miss. Ah ain’t ever seen anyone buck like that before.”

‘Now there’s a word that brought back memories. Ah can’t remember the last time ah heard the term buck. Wait a second were did that voice come from’, I thought.

I looked in the direction I thought the voice was coming from. Mah vision was a lil blurry from exhaustion but I could make out the shape of a small pony. A lil filly most likely. Ah was much too tired to be frightened or excited or anything for that matter. All ah said was, “Thanks” and ah blacked out.
________________________________________________________________________________________

I remember dreaming about ma and pa and Big Mac and the farm. We were all together laughin and makin pies and other
stuff. Ah still remember it as clear as it was yesterday. I was havin the time of mah life when.

“Miss, Miss wake up. Miss? Helloooo. Are you awake yet?”

Ah opened my eyes to see a lil filly lookin straight at me with the biggest smile ah have ever seen.

“Miss your finally awake, thank Celestia. Here ah made you some breakfast,” said the lil filly.

I sat up in and took a gander at mah surroundings. I was lyin in the bed of somebodies house. The walls were a light vanilla color, and there was a small dresser and ah noticed that the design and just about everything in this room was designed with an apple pattern, literally apples everywhere. I looked at the bed sheets only to notice that they were covered in blood. I nearly fainted at the sight when the lil filly jumped on the bed and caught me with her shoulder.

“Thanks”, Ah said.

“Here let’s git you down to the kitchen. I’ll change the sheets while you eat breakfast.”

“Ah’m sorry about the sheets I didn’t mean to, well, you know.”

“It’s alright. You only started bleeding when you fell outta that tree. You see I was cartin some apples using this wagon my big bro made for me and I carried you home using that. Then I went and got the doctor from town and he patched you up and helped me lay you in the bed.”

Honestly just lookin at her smiling face probably would’ve fixed me up just as good as any doctor. We headed downstairs and into the kitchen. We don’t usually sit in chairs but because of my wound I was given one by the doctor so I could eat. At least that’s what the lil filly said.

“Umm mam. If it’s ok … what’s yur name?”

“It’s ok with me,” I replied.

“Name’s Applejack. What's yurs?”

When I said my name her eyes grew as wide as saucers.

“What’s wrong did I say something funny?” I asked.

“My name starts with apple to. My name is Applebloom.”

“Well how bout that. I reckon that makes us twins,” I said jokingly.

In all honesty I was a bit surprised that she has the same first name as me. It wasn’t uncommon but it wasn’t very common either. I can’t think of anyponie’s with the same first name. I was too hungry to think about it so I saw it as pure coincidence.

I was as hungry as a mule and ate with the manners and speed of a jackrabbit. Applebloom just stood there in amazement as I ate everything and asked for more. She happily made more, probably expecting me to blow up like a balloon after eating so much.

As she was making the second course I asked, “So where are yur parents?”

She stopped midway in making breakfast and turned to me and said with a smile, “Ah don’t have any. Just me and mah big
brother.”

I thought I could see a tear struggle to come out but she held it in. Ah couldn’t believe how strong she was and the fact that the entire orchard was run by just her and her big brother was amazing.

She returned to the table with another plateful of food except this one was three times as big as the first plate. Once again she stood there watchin me as I ate with those big orange eyes. Kinda reminds me of pa when I was lil. I remember he was yellow with long red hair, ah miss him so much.
____________________________________________________________________________________

Sniff. Ma, pa I miss yall so much. Ok be strong AJ your almost done just a bit more then you can cry.

I still can’t believe that I actually feel better. I guess sometimes these silly books are good for something.
____________________________________________________________________________________

I just couldn’t touch another bite. I was fuller than a deer tick. Now that I had a full belly and I felt strong enough to do something I couldn’t help myself. I asked Applebloom, “Umm sweetie I was wonderin is there anything I can do around the house till your brother gets back? I mean I know that I’m ah guest’n all but I feel the need to help out so I can repay you for yur kindness.”

The young filly didn’t even skip a beat, “Follow me out to the barn”, she said.

I followed her outside taking in the feel of the sun, the grass at my hooves, the wind in my mane, the sweet smell of apples, ahhh this was heaven. The barn door looked real familiar as we walked inside. There lying in a small basket was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen.

“Where did you find it?” I asked.

“She just kinda showed up here. No name, no home, lost, scared, the works. I haven’t been able to get her to speak or move much or anything fer that matter.”

“Well have you thought bout a name fer her?”

“ Yupp! Winona! “

“Winona huh? Well I think that it’s a perfect name.”

I walked over and laid beside the small pup.

“Hey there Winona. I know how you must feel but don’t worry you’re not alone anymore. You have a good family to take care of you now.” Winona looked up at me and her tail started to wag followed by sharp happy barks and the licking of my face. Heheh her tongue really tickled.

Just then the barn door opened and a tall stallion walked in. I couldn’t see him very well because he was standing in the shadow of the barn doors.

“Big brother your back!” exclaimed Applebloom.

“Eeyup, and who is this?” he asked.

“This is the pony I found collapsed underneath the big apple tree.”

“Howdy,” I said.

“Howdy. Don’t git too many ponies round here that talk like that. Were you from?” He asked.

“I come from a small farm just like this one. I kinda just wound up here,” I said smiling up at him.

I looked at him and he had sort of a nervous expression on his face.

“Is there something wrong?” I asked.

“Uh...uh... what’s yer name,” he asked.

“I looked him straight in the eyes and said, “Well since you want to know my name is Apple…Jack.”

It hit me like a tornado in springtime. “Big Mac! Is that you?”

I could see tears well up in his eyes and I could feel my eyes begin to drip. I nearly knocked him over with the biggest hug anypony could ever give anypony.

“AJ I thought we had lost you,” he said through a rainfall of tears.

“Ah’m, so sorry Big Mac I didn’t mean to cause trouble I just had to.”

I couldn’t help myself I just cried and cried and cried for what seemed like hours.

Finally Applebloom spoke up,” Big Brother do you to know each other? GASP is she your special somepony?”

“Applebloom,” He said “Meet yur big sister, Applejack.”

Me and Applebloom just stared at each other unsure of what to do and say. Applebloom made the first move by tackling me to the ground, giving me ah huge hug and rushing off to tell her friends about it.

“So I have a lil sister. She looks just like pa,” I said

“Eeyup. They named her after you right before they… “

“They what?” I looked up and this time his expression was sad and grim.

“Follow me,” He said.

We walked out of the barn and walked out into the orchard. We passed all kinds of trees with all kinds of apples. There was granny smith apples, red apples, yellow apples and Zap apples. I never knew if those trees would ever make it and I guess this proves it. My pa had the biggest green thumb in equestrian. He could grow anything.

We came upon a large zap apple tree right smack dab in the middle of the orchard. Underneath it was a tombstone with ma parent’s names on them. I thought I couldn’t cry anymore but I couldn’t stop myself. I collapsed right in front of the gravestone and cried. The only thing I could make sense of at the time was Big Mac sitting right next to me. He just held my hoof for a while and when I needed it a hug was exactly what I was given.

“So… what h-h-happened to them?”

Sigh* “it was about six years ago. Ma was in the hospital with Applebloom on the way. She was very sick and suffering. She was having massive contractions and was loosing a lot of blood. Pa was with her every step of the way. They had to give her a Ceserian section, as in they cut her open to get Applebloom out. The last thing she said to Pa before she passed on was to giver her your first name in the hopes that one day you’ll come back.”

“And pa?”

“Pa was devastated by the loss of Ma. He stopped working, eating, and just about everything except to tend to Applebloom. She was his source of joy in these hard times. Then one day he left. There was a note on the table saying that he left to find you AJ. Days, and weeks passed and I was out buckin apples when I saw something leanin against Ma’s grave. I rushed over to find Pa dead right next to her grave holding a paper in his hand. It was the name of a bar in Manehattan. I thought that he had found you but I couldn’t bring mahself to go, at least not until Applebloom was old enough to stay by herself. So I finally went to go check it out but you weren’t there.”

“Big Mac I was there. I saw you,” I said through tears.

“Oh Big Mac it’s all mah fault they are dead. I shouldn’t have left like that. All ah ever did was lie to mah parents and now they’re dead and I can’t do anything about it.”

I broke down on top of their graves. “Ma, Pa ah promise to never lie bout anything ever again and I promise ah will never leave this farm until it’s runnin smoother than Granny Smith’s apple cider.”

I felt something hit mah head. I turned and looked up at Big Mac only something was missin.

“Big Mac where’s yur hat?” I asked.

He motioned towards my head. I reached a hoof up and touched Big Mac’s hat. I nearly burst into tears for the uncountable time that day.

“You keep it AJ. If anything ever happens to you I want you to know that we are always gunna be here for you no matter what. That hat is proof of this. Plus I think it looks rather good on ya now that it fits an all.

I never took that hat off except for special occasions and bed. My old scarf was given to Winona who became my best friend for a while before… before…
______________________________________________________________________________________

Now how in the hay should I end this? Hmmm. Come on AJ think.

Ah got it.
______________________________________________________________________________________

Before I met everyone here in Ponyville. Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity, Spike, and you Twilight Sparkle.
______________________________________________________________________________________
Alright now one last thing to do.

“What’s that? Is that the Diary I gave you?”

“Yep. You were right Twi that there lil book helped out a whole lot.”

“Well that’s wonderful but is it ok?”

“Yep. Go on and read it.”

I stood there watching the expression’s change on Twilight’s face. I felt myself blush in embarrassment and shame.

“Umm Applejack there’s no ending?”

“Well Twilight to be totally Honest, My story isn’t over just yet. I got mah friends and family and a long life ahead of me that may have adventures so, there’s yur answer. Mah story isn’t finished because I still have a life to live with lots to tell when the time comes.

I left Twilight’s house with a spring in mah step and decided to get something to eat.

I wonder if Grannie’s Apple Pie is ready.

Comments ( 9 )

I'm intrigued.... I SMELL A FRONT-PAGER, JUST FROM THE DESCRIPTION.

One minor detail: she wouldn't write with an accent...

1548005
This is true but i was trying to stay in character. Tho i may have tried to hard :/ Sorry bout that next time I will get it right :)
1547942 :D

What a sad yet beautiful way to explain AppleJack's can't lie quality.
Personally, I think there were a couple of mistakes there... somewhere, but I'm too lazy to point it out.
All in all, it was pretty good.:twilightsmile::twilightsmile::twilightsmile:

1548615 Thanks a lot and it is a first time so next time i'll get it right:ajsmug:

sad histoy bro..:pinkiesad2::pinkiesad2:
anyways i like it:ajsmug::ajsmug:
man i was expectating big mac murder someone:eeyup:

Well it's officially been a long while since posting this and i would like to thank everyone who liked it. Hopefully the like rating will go up soon but i'm okay wiht waiting :D once again thanks everyone who read and liked it :yay:

Login or register to comment